collapse

Author Topic: And so we say goodbye to slotman  (Read 1733 times)

Offline XerXes

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:January 28, 2016, 12:55:22 AM
  • Infinity News Team
And so we say goodbye to slotman
« on: August 19, 2007, 02:31:33 PM »
I was browsing scruffydragon and i stumbled upon this (Alex i know this is going to hurt you a little more seeing how you are a dc fan)
Well, today I actually spent some time looking for the so called "leaked" chars, to see how many I could spot... below a list of some I could find - not yet released:

beastboy
captain marvel
deadpool
dr.octopus
electro
harleyquinn
hulk 2099
lex luthor
parasite
rhino
sentry
silver surfer
sunfire
symbiote spiderman

Besides that list, there are several others (including Black Cat) being shown on Youtube as "trade only". There are lots of places with hundreds of chars, torrents...

No creator is respected at all - instead, most of those sites (like that "hidden" forum) just keep saying "f**k the creators". Well, f**k them. I'm out.

So say goodbye to Aquaman, Namor, Despero, Guy Gardner (my new version), Black Panther (was a secret-lame wip I had, done in a day), Darkseid, Lex Luthor (another secret one, based on ironman), Catwoman (also secret, I'm doing her for ages), Vision, new versions of Green Arrow, Beast (I would released it this weekend), Kingpin and some others I will make for my "avengers vs defenders" project.

I will still be around, I'll keep developing my chars (maybe even showing videos here and there) - but I'm sorry, no more releases from me.

(and since I know some loosers will say that I'm lying about all those wips, below some screenshots I took just to prove it)

Farewell creator  :'( a rose is dropped and a tear is shed

"PRESENTS MUGEN FIGHT NIGHTS"

<-Place holder for future collaboration.

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
Re: And so we say goodbye to slotman
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 02:38:24 PM »
people are just so low these days! >:(

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 02:43:46 PM »
i feel srry for creators workin so hard just to be like "f**k u"

i see how God feels now  :'(

does mugen really make ppl this much of an butt?

Offline 1nonly

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 26, 2009, 11:13:19 PM
  • For Pete ' Sake
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 02:58:28 PM »
well there gos another 1
i need an new sig :/

Offline Greed

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 28, 2011, 10:42:38 AM
  • I WANT IT ALL!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 03:02:08 PM »
Ok, I',m officially bored with drama.  Hell, I've been bored with it since Blaque was leaked. -_-;

This is a waste of time to even look at.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »
Ok, I',m officially bored with drama.  Hell, I've been bored with it since Blaque was leaked. -_-;

This is a waste of time to even look at.

ture that

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline yebbie

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 29, 2015, 05:30:23 AM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 03:20:14 PM »
 :'( still thats is a real shame.

Offline XerXes

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:January 28, 2016, 12:55:22 AM
  • Infinity News Team
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 03:21:09 PM »
Well i didnt post this for dram affect. I like posting news and since this doesnt fit in with character and stage news i thought it would be best suited here, also the quote part was so that people could here his side of the story instead of me just posting that he quit and nothing else. So actually this post makes sence because it is to aware people of another creators actions and not to express some leechers rants about leeching.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:25:13 PM by xerxes »
"PRESENTS MUGEN FIGHT NIGHTS"

<-Place holder for future collaboration.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 05:25:48 PM »
Its just an excuse, Ive been on the receiving end of creator egotism before and it gets sickening. This is exactly what drives these warehousers to do what they do. Blame your F'n Beta testers, or did they trade their WIPS themselves to get someone elses beta? Hmmmmn, I know for a fact some creators have, and then cry when their WIP gets passed around. What do you think will happen?

This crap of lashing out at the fans is garbage. Blaming the entire Mugen Community for the ignorance of a few scumm bags. Try blaming yourself our your beta testers instead of lashing out at innocent people who are just looking for characters, and stumble upon these warehousers.

I dont agree with Warehousing myself, but Slotman has set the prime example of the opposite side of the spectrum, that everybody hates, and even the azz kissers feel the same way they just dont say it to your face.

For the creators I respect on here and elsewhere, Im truly sorry for the handful of idiots who trade and warehouse this stuff, but these public verbal drama's will not help anybody, as it just creates more tension between the players and creators. Even people who follow the rules get offended by this as its a display of sad, and juvenile behavior, and all Slotman did was lower himself to their level with this rant.

No one will ever stop this so quit giving out your WIPs! its that easy. Then stuff wont get warehoused. Our early Red Tornado Wip is one on esnips, whos fault is that? Mine, and I know whos responsible, but its still my fault for trusting the wrong person.

People If your not guilty of this dont take it personal, just stay away from this drama. See it for what it is and move on. Damn Shame too.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 05:34:14 PM »
Hell Idk what's the big deal

Just the other day I saw a "leaked" beta of one of my W.I.P's
and I was flatterd XD
not pissed and whiney >.>

Offline Crabnek

• Old Ghost
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 23, 2023, 12:50:45 AM
  • I still poke in every now and then.
    • Crabnek
    • Skype - cosmosmeat
    • Infinity
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 05:35:56 PM »
Don't let anybody Beta test your stuff, or give it to only one person you know you can trust.

Otherwise, you'll end up like this guy.

If you don't learn, then the leechers will get your $hit faster than a fat kid will finish their birthday cake.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 06:35:55 PM »
Its just an excuse, Ive been on the receiving end of creator egotism before and it gets sickening. This is exactly what drives these warehousers to do what they do. Blame your F'n Beta testers, or did they trade their WIPS themselves to get someone elses beta? Hmmmmn, I know for a fact some creators have, and then cry when their WIP gets passed around. What do you think will happen?

This crap of lashing out at the fans is garbage. Blaming the entire Mugen Community for the ignorance of a few scumm bags. Try blaming yourself our your beta testers instead of lashing out at innocent people who are just looking for characters, and stumble upon these warehousers.

I dont agree with Warehousing myself, but Slotman has set the prime example of the opposite side of the spectrum, that everybody hates, and even the azz kissers feel the same way they just dont say it to your face.

For the creators I respect on here and elsewhere, Im truly sorry for the handful of idiots who trade and warehouse this stuff, but these public verbal drama's will not help anybody, as it just creates more tension between the players and creators. Even people who follow the rules get offended by this as its a display of sad, and juvenile behavior, and all Slotman did was lower himself to their level with this rant.

No one will ever stop this so quit giving out your WIPs! its that easy. Then stuff wont get warehoused. Our early Red Tornado Wip is one on esnips, whos fault is that? Mine, and I know whos responsible, but its still my fault for trusting the wrong person.

People If your not guilty of this dont take it personal, just stay away from this drama. See it for what it is and move on. Damn Shame too.

preach

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 07:24:44 PM »
esnips is the also held responsible for leaked characters. The admins of esnips were told of the warehousing and the leaked characters and instead the banned the messenger. Seriously, admins of esnips... what a bunch of f@ckholes. I'd say someone should go to admins of every forum and tell them about esnips being a warehouse and to block the link or something. As for the creators, they give their chars for beta testers, and the result in most of the time ends up with a leaked character and most of the time that ends up with a creator gone. If we've known anything from the past.
ie
Blaque
Captain Marvel
and well so many more leaked chars.
It's that you should be weary who you trust your beta's with.
I'd much rather trust a beta with somebody I known for 1-2 years then somebody that I've known for a month. It's just retarded how most creators give out beta's only to be stabbed in the back by it being warehoused/leaked. I'm not just saying this because I'm pissed off. I'm just stating facts, from looking how things have been going since the past many years. If you want people to stop quiting mugen and sites going offline then make sure you give your beta's to people that are trustworthy.

ZBOY

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 07:36:05 PM »
I saw this weeks ago.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 07:43:04 PM »
boo hoo...

Like I said, know who your friends are.

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 07:53:34 PM »
As I always say, don't give out characters and expect *nothing* to happen. Only a fool would think that. Don't lash out at the public for something you could have prevented.

Creators aren't respected? Of course! It's the internet. You think everyone on the 'net are nice and respect your wishes? If it was like that then no one would be playing Mugen now.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 08:06:44 PM »
Alex I know exactly how you feel cause I feel the same way. With how the Mugen community, eh no HUMAN BEINGS are, you are expecting EVERYONE to respect your wishes? You are expecting 1000s of people to stop doing what they have been doing?! I will say this again, if you expect that from the get go, you my friend have more faith in Humanity than Jesus Christ himself. I feel like if you are gonna be a creator be MENTALLY prepared for leaks of your work so you don't got ape$#@% when it gets leaked. Lil' Johnny in Topika Kansas didn't screw you over, he didn't force you to hand out betas, all he does he play Mugen as do the majority of the community does. This is why I believe you release public betas, betas YOU know you are ok with releasing and not get upset if that version gets traded around when there is a newer version. Who cares if there are 3-4 versions of your character out there that you released. If they want to play with the older ones, by all means let them. Not ONLY that you get more feedback on how to fix the character. This also BEATS warehouses to the punch. If you HAVE to have private betas, give it to 2 people at the most and make both slightly unique so if it got released you know who leaked it and you can tell everyone who leaked it out. Acey was on the ball when she had that idea for Banshee. I mean do you really need 35 of your online friends to test your beta? Anything more than 2 people is asking for trouble. My question is, why become a creator for a community that has warehousers and leakers and you hate them? If you been in this community long enough, why put yourself in a position where you would stress out over sprites and data?

What freaking Mugen project DOESN'T have leaks?! To me I think alot of projects (including MVC:EOH) is going about this the wrong route. How do I know, Bulldog is the best example how it is gone wrong. Each creator on any staff should work on nomore than 2 characters at a time and shouldn't have access to no more than 2 different characters from other creators on the project. It just seems like every big Mugen project has every staff member having access to everything. If everyone one the staff has access to all the characters, and one of them has leaves he or she can leak out everything just like what Bulldog did. Now if you have a bunch of creators that don't mind leaks and won't stop due to them, this is ok, but if you have one or two creators that have a huge cow and quits working on that character due to a leak, you have a problem. In this case you restrict access to the creations even among staff. It lowers the chances of a leak of those creations. Basically if someone leaves and just leaks their own creations (not a problem there) and just only two other creations, chances are the creations the creator would have a cow over being leaked are lowered. Overall, I believe once you hand out any private beta, you prepare yourself mentally JUST in case it gets leaked. Creators shouldn't hand out ANY project creation to anyone outside of the team. It maybe restrictive and the project might go slower, but if any team TRULY cares about leaks I believe should go this route if trying to prevent leaks is the main priority.

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 08:17:36 PM »
[better version of my post]

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 08:20:46 PM »
Alex I know exactly how you feel cause I feel the same way. With how the Mugen community, eh no HUMAN BEINGS are, you are expecting EVERYONE to respect your wishes? You are expecting 1000s of people to stop doing what they have been doing?! I will say this again, if you expect that from the get go, you my friend have more faith in Humanity than Jesus Christ himself. I feel like if you are gonna be a creator be MENTALLY prepared for leaks of your work so you don't got ape$#@% when it gets leaked. Lil' Johnny in Topika Kansas didn't screw you over, he didn't force you to hand out betas, all he does he play Mugen as do the majority of the community does. This is why I believe you release public betas, betas YOU know you are ok with releasing and not get upset if that version gets traded around when there is a newer version. Who cares if there are 3-4 versions of your character out there that you released. If they want to play with the older ones, by all means let them. Not ONLY that you get more feedback on how to fix the character. This also BEATS warehouses to the punch. If you HAVE to have private betas, give it to 2 people at the most and make both slightly unique so if it got released you know who leaked it and you can tell everyone who leaked it out. Acey was on the ball when she had that idea for Banshee. I mean do you really need 35 of your online friends to test your beta? Anything more than 2 people is asking for trouble. My question is, why become a creator for a community that has warehousers and leakers and you hate them? If you been in this community long enough, why put yourself in a position where you would stress out over sprites and data?

What freaking Mugen project DOESN'T have leaks?! To me I think alot of projects (including MVC:EOH) is going about this the wrong route. How do I know, Bulldog is the best example how it is gone wrong. Each creator on any staff should work on nomore than 2 characters at a time and shouldn't have access to no more than 2 different characters from other creators on the project. It just seems like every big Mugen project has every staff member having access to everything. If everyone one the staff has access to all the characters, and one of them has leaves he or she can leak out everything just like what Bulldog did. Now if you have a bunch of creators that don't mind leaks and won't stop due to them, this is ok, but if you have one or two creators that have a huge cow and quits working on that character due to a leak, you have a problem. In this case you restrict access to the creations even among staff. It lowers the chances of a leak of those creations. Basically if someone leaves and just leaks their own creations (not a problem there) and just only two other creations, chances are the creations the creator would have a cow over being leaked are lowered. Overall, I believe once you hand out any private beta, you prepare yourself mentally JUST in case it gets leaked. Creators shouldn't hand out ANY project creation to anyone outside of the team. It maybe restrictive and the project might go slower, but if any team TRULY cares about leaks I believe should go this route if trying to prevent leaks is the main priority.
I couldn't say it any better if I tried. I don't even think Chuck Norris could say it any better.

Offline Crabnek

• Old Ghost
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 23, 2023, 12:50:45 AM
  • I still poke in every now and then.
    • Crabnek
    • Skype - cosmosmeat
    • Infinity
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 08:29:10 PM »

I couldn't say it any better if I tried. I don't even think Chuck Norris could say it any better.
Say that louder and you might get y roundhouse kicked tonight.

On-topic: That should end this discussion.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar