collapse

Author Topic: Just started on BANE  (Read 12759 times)

Offline Jmaxximus

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 02, 2022, 03:04:27 PM
    • Email
Re: Just started on BANE (again)
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »
I'll think about the secret six cameos. Right now I'm kind of likeing him when he 1st came out. At this point in comics he doesnt use venom anymore. I will deffinetly keep it mind though.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »
I'll think about the secret six cameos. Right now I'm kind of likeing him when he 1st came out. At this point in comics he doesnt use venom anymore. I will deffinetly keep it mind though.

For now he doesnt use venom.

Wait till he gets Hourmans non addictive formula down the road

Offline Jmaxximus

• Email
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2009, 02:24:39 PM »
Very nice , Just line up the sprites .

I plan to I was just trying to get him on here before I left work. Thanks for comments

Offline Jmaxximus

• Email
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2009, 08:29:33 PM »
Alright here are the jumping sprites. At this point I dont know how to make his animation so that it fluid from the stance to the jump to the landing. I don't know if I'm missing a sprite or not but right now this is what I have. Any comments would be appriciated.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:08:35 PM by Jmaxximus »

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2009, 02:41:24 AM »
I don't understand the commotion between new one or old one - they both need a lot of work. The new one is an imporvement, but...

The head and belts need more shading, the veins aren't convincing as veins so much as speckles, and he looks entirely too much like Alex - Thor kind of owns that base already.

I'd go back to the drawing board on this one.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2009, 03:09:39 AM »
I don't understand the commotion between new one or old one - they both need a lot of work. The new one is an imporvement, but...

The head and belts need more shading, the veins aren't convincing as veins so much as speckles, and he looks entirely too much like Alex - Thor kind of owns that base already.

I'd go back to the drawing board on this one.

Haterz ......  [-X

Don't dog someone just because he has more progress on his character in two weeks , than you guys have on one of  your DC characters in 2 years & you are a team of like 37 members . Obviously I'm exxagerating  ( a little ) but you get my point .

Besides this is his first character that he is making .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2009, 04:01:37 AM »
Haterz ......

Don't dog someone just because he has more progress on his character in two weeks , than you guys have on one of  your DC characters in 2 years & you are a team of like 37 members . Obviously I'm exxagerating  ( a little ) but you get my point .

Besides this is his first character that he is making .

Nobody is hating, nor dogging anyone. The design could use some refinement before it gets rushed to WIP, and I gave him constructive criticism on which bits. There used to be a time when somebody didn't make "just their first character" until they learned how to edit.

As for the Unlimited, we have about 10 [active] members, and we've only even been a team for a a bit over a year. Moreover, we have one [good] character released, which... is more than some people can say. Personally I'd rather take my time and make work that looks good next to Capcom's stuff, than do something like slap symbiote effects onto yet another Wolverine, but to each his own right?

Protip: Merit is based on the quality of one's work - not the speed or the quantity. I've done single sprite edits on lazy afternoons with more quality than entire WIPs of yours. Stand down, man.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2009, 05:24:24 AM »

Nobody is hating, nor dogging anyone. The design could use some refinement before it gets rushed to WIP, and I gave him constructive criticism on which bits. There used to be a time when somebody didn't make "just their first character" until they learned how to edit.

As for the Unlimited, we have about 10 [active] members, and we've only even been a team for a a bit over a year. Moreover, we have one [good] character released, which... is more than some people can say. Personally I'd rather take my time and make work that looks good next to Capcom's stuff, than do something like slap symbiote effects onto yet another Wolverine, but to each his own right?

Protip: Merit is based on the quality of one's work - not the speed or the quantity. I've done single sprite edits on lazy afternoons with more quality than entire WIPs of yours. Stand down, man.

QFT

take it easy boyz, its just a game

Offline Jmaxximus

• Email
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2009, 11:16:44 AM »
A New Challenger thanks for the comments. But I'm not going to start this character from scratch and re draw him again. I knoe Thor is based off Alex but that doesn't meen that we can't use Alex base agin. I've seen alot of characters based of Venom, Sabertooth and HUlk more times than I can remember. I'm not trying torush him as a WIP I working on him while I'm at work and we can have alot of slow nights so I can get alot of sprites done.

DARKTALBAIN Thanks for coming to the defense I really appriciate it. But I do welcome all comments. Thanks A New Challenger for the comments.

Hey DARKTALBAIN what do you think about the jump. Do you think he needs another sprite added or is it O.K?

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2009, 11:55:16 AM »
A New Challenger thanks for the comments. But I'm not going to start this character from scratch and re draw him again. I knoe Thor is based off Alex but that doesn't meen that we can't use Alex base agin. I've seen alot of characters based of Venom, Sabertooth and HUlk more times than I can remember. I'm not trying torush him as a WIP I working on him while I'm at work and we can have alot of slow nights so I can get alot of sprites done.

DARKTALBAIN Thanks for coming to the defense I really appriciate it. But I do welcome all comments. Thanks A New Challenger for the comments.

Hey DARKTALBAIN what do you think about the jump. Do you think he needs another sprite added or is it O.K?

Right on man! keep working on your Bane!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but you gotta do whats fun for you. Personally I think your Bane looks great, 1st WIP or not. If theres anything our crew can do to help you out, just hollar, Im sure JT, DT, Zarro, and others will give you any advice you need, and all 3 have helped spriting stuff for IMT's characters, which speaks for itself.

Offline Jmaxximus

• Email
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2009, 12:59:28 PM »
Right on man! keep working on your Bane!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but you gotta do whats fun for you. Personally I think your Bane looks great, 1st WIP or not. If theres anything our crew can do to help you out, just hollar, Im sure JT, DT, Zarro, and others will give you any advice you need, and all 3 have helped spriting stuff for IMT's characters, which speaks for itself.

Thanks Bud

Yeah at this point right now I'm just been doing the sprites and I have a few ideas on what moves I want to give him. Thanks I trying learn how rip certain body parts from different characters and change there size. Right now I only have GIMP to use but I plan on buying photoshop. If you could show me how to rip and place different parts I would appriciate it. I saw the way Excursion did it for .Batzarro.'s Rhino I thaught that was awsome (http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=17397.30). Any pointers on how to do that would be appriciated.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2009, 01:35:38 PM »

The tone of your comment wasn't " constructive criticism "

:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie Oh of course , here comes the cheap shot at Wolvenom  :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

What else would I expect from a wanna be eletist ?

Which I said nothing about about the quality your character . But since you brought it up .

I started Wolvenom just to help a new creator out . It was his character & I made some sprites to give him a look to go off of . That creator didn't feel he could pull off what I did , so he wanted me to make the character . I accepted .

Now as for your comment , anyone with a brain in their head can see that Wolvenom is more than just Wolverine with a symbiote slapped on him . Everyone seems to love the beta that was in EOH & he's nowhere near complete . Other fellow creators seem to like him . So your eletist opinion really means nothing to me .

Protip ? So you are saying you are a pro ?  :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie Don't make me laugh

I think you need to stand down & check yourself . Step up to Loganir's/McCready's level & maybe I'll call you a pro . Because Deadpool was no where near it . The coding from Wucash was great , but the spriting & moves left something to be desired . But I give you credit it was better then the existing one . That's not saying all that much , though .

Besides Medieval Spawn may be done " the unlimited " way . He may take six years to come out .  ;*))

If you wish to continue this discussion on " how bad you think Wolvenom is " Take it to my topic .

Yeah , bro . Don't let anyone bring you down . Keep doing what you are doing . Most of us have careers & lives . So we are not trying to turn back the clock to 1988 & get a job with Capcom .

The jump does need something . Is that sprite sheet you are working with missing some frames or something ?

Looks more towards the landing that is missing something .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2009, 01:41:56 PM »
For some reason I'm thinking of a certain catch phrase of Ted Kord (Blue Beetle 2)

I think it started with a B

;)

Offline Jmaxximus

• Email
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2009, 02:57:11 PM »
Thanks alot DARKTALBAIN  i did find out that it is missing 2 sprites on the landing I'm working on them right now.

Offline mastamasta

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 26, 2010, 01:54:40 PM
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2009, 05:22:55 PM »

you know, you would think since there are only so many people out there willing to put there time into creating, that everybody would get along due to that one common thing. pointing fingers and taking shots isnt the way. giving feedback is one thing, thats one of the main reasons to post your works in a thread like this. but coming and trying discourage people and starting feeble arguements that will end up going nowhere, is not just a waste of time ,its a waste of talent. im saying this as a nuetral party. Wolvenom was sick, not to mention being an incomplete character, and incomplete is such an understatement for him. Deadpool was sick also, as i heard is still being updated, which will be great (if its true). different styles are different styles. everybody should learn from each other, being there is only such a small community of real mugen creators. oppose to wasting space like this everyone creates what in there eyes see's fits the best. its called an opinion. theres no reason to hate.

Bane looks sick. atleast Jmaxximus is going the length to make him. not only to make him, but to share him with us. and with QUALITY and the overwhelming ammount of quanity he is bringing at a very good pace.  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 05:42:53 PM by mastamasta »

Offline Jmaxximus

• Email
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2009, 05:37:22 PM »
THANKS MAN

Offline mastamasta

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 26, 2010, 01:54:40 PM
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »
no doubt man, you deserve it.  %%- :)

Offline zxzero

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 31, 2012, 04:49:05 AM
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2009, 09:25:24 PM »
not to mention that he is editing sf3 sprites, which has like a million for each move!

Offline Jmaxximus

• Email
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2009, 02:27:24 AM »
Quick question. I have another sprite sheet of alex but not right colors. Whenever I try to cjange the color to match the other sprites it looks different. does enyone kow how to change the colors without having them look different? I'm using gimp right now.

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2009, 03:39:32 AM »
SEND these do me, i will do it for you  :)

Offline Jmaxximus

• Email
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2009, 04:53:47 AM »
SEND these do me, i will do it for you  :)

Cool I'll send them to you. Where do I send them to? And what program do you use to do this with?

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2009, 05:35:21 AM »
send them by pm. I use a difficult program called fighter factory  :D

Offline Jmaxximus

• Email
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2009, 06:43:37 AM »
send them by pm. I use a difficult program called fighter factory  :D

It's on it's way. THANKS
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 06:49:36 AM by Jmaxximus »

Offline maniac71690

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 23, 2024, 07:36:44 AM
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2009, 10:40:10 AM »
more than likely it's your image mode. best bet would put the image in rbg mode(might be wrong about the order of the letters lol.) and make a pallette. once you do that put in indexed mode for 255 colors and anything you copy and paste change color on ect should be how you want it.

this is if you still use gimp lol. i don't know anything about photoshop anymore lol.

Offline Jmaxximus

• Email
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2009, 04:14:21 PM »
Sweet thanks I'll try that out.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 [3] 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal