collapse

Author Topic: About Brawl?  (Read 747 times)

Offline PBRTODD101

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 31, 2020, 04:40:04 PM
  • Dyro, my original character
    • Alshary's MUGEN Paradise
About Brawl?
« on: January 30, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »
  Do you think it would have been better to make an international date line for the game so the people in japan would'nt have ruined it for us?

My junky website is still online, if anyone's interested.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
Re: About Brawl?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 05:30:23 PM »
I'm happy to know that it'll be worth spending my money on it, I don't like the last news but I know I'll have a Blast.

Have the Japs try the game for me. :D

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:36:41 PM »
Yea they should of. But I don't care about the spoiling part, my reason is outta jealousy, why should they play and we wait  \-/o :D

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 08:24:05 PM »
Hell no, now that I know that they kept most of the veterans I'm even more anxious for the game.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 08:34:57 PM »
I'm happy to know that it'll be worth spending my money on it, I don't like the last news but I know I'll have a Blast.

Have the Japs try the game for me. :D

LOL, you should be lucky you're not on GameFaqs, or else you'd be considered a racist for using that term. (although, I thought we weren't supposed to do that here either.  :|)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 10:42:39 PM »
Quote from: Asian Jesus
LOL, you should be lucky you're not on GameFaqs, or else you'd be considered a racist for using that term. (although, I thought we weren't supposed to do that here either.  )

I wasn't being racist. :|

Japanese are going to play the game first, And I'm too lazy to write the entire word so...Japs, Sorry if I offended anyone. ;D

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 11:14:08 PM »
  Do you think it would have been better to make an international date line for the game so the people in japan would'nt have ruined it for us?

Not really, mostly because a game like this is mainly for the Japanese market, so of course they should get it first. (Like JUS, Battle DON, etc.)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 12:00:50 AM »
Personally I think they should release it worldwide, because instead of wasting time watching who is and isn't on the roster, I could be finding out myself while playing the game at the same time. Damn shame all wii's don't have free region. It's going to take forever till march 9th.
Just looking down on february.
Ugh, a 5 week span from them having it, and us having it.
Hey, does anybody know if they're going to launch it at midnight like Halo 2 and 3?
I mean this game is getting as much attention, so I don't see why not.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 12:08:56 AM »
Personally I think they should release it worldwide, because instead of wasting time watching who is and isn't on the roster, I could be finding out myself while playing the game at the same time. Damn shame all wii's don't have free region. It's going to take forever till march 9th.
Hey, does anybody know if they're going to launch it at midnight like Halo 2 and 3?

Well, here's the best way that I've seen people put it.

Person A: Awww man! Why is [insert name here] on the Brawl roster! FTL!
Person B: Your fault for following it so closely.

I think some big name stores (Gamestop/EB, Best Buy, maybe Wal-Mart, Game Crazy, etc.) are having midnight releases.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 09:12:58 AM »

Well, here's the best way that I've seen people put it.

Person A: Awww man! Why is [insert name here] on the Brawl roster! FTL!
Person B: Your fault for following it so closely.

I think some big name stores (Gamestop/EB, Best Buy, maybe Wal-Mart, Game Crazy, etc.) are having midnight releases.
I reserved my game at Gamestop/EB
wait. I thought you worked at gamestop. So wouldn't you know? Or do they not tell much to their employees?

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 03:18:39 PM »
LOL, you should be lucky you're not on GameFaqs, or else you'd be considered a racist for using that term. (although, I thought we weren't supposed to do that here either.  )

Japanese are going to play the game first, And I'm too lazy to write the entire word so...Japs, Sorry if I offended anyone. ;D

I don't see how anyone could be offended by that. I mean hell, my username was "JEW" for like six months.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 03:26:09 PM »

I don't see how anyone could be offended by that. I mean hell, my username was "JEW" for like six months.

[-X>>>WW2<<< [-X

.......no.

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 01, 2011, 02:42:13 PM
  • I'm different than before, I'm wearing new shoes!
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 06:07:08 PM »
what about traslation? thats the main reason it takes longer to get out here, i think.
back from the dead

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 11:08:35 PM »
what about traslation? thats the main reason it takes longer to get out here, i think.
That's mainly true for RPG's, since RPG's have tons of dialogue. Even more then entire films.
Which is why most of Square Enix's games come to us for 1-2 years in between.
Although it kind of sucks because sometimes in Japan they use english voice actors,
KH2 Final Mix+ had English voices, but Japanese subs. The Japanese Transformers game also used English voices.
My point is, these two games were made with English voices, but neither of these 2 will be distributed in countries that mainly speak English. I think Smash Bros Brawl was complete about after the inclusion of Sonic, seeing as how Nintendo isn't including any other 3rd party member then Snake and Sonic. I'm not sure about ROBOT. They had to be done dubbing for awhile seeing as how it's just 2 months between the Japan release and the USA release, because after they go processing with the NTSC version of the game, they have to go through heavy analysis by ESRB. I think what happened is ESRB pushed back the analysis date, or Nintendo held the date because there were a ton of wii's sold over the holidays, and when the game releases in USA, it's obviously going to sell more wii's and the game itself will be sold out of stock within the first week. If you remember, Nintendo isn't that great at production of the system it's made for. So putting the release off for a month is a great way to produce more copies of the game at launch.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 12:24:13 AM »
Quote from: VKM
So putting the release off for a month is a great way to produce more copies of the game at launch.

That and Advertising, Nintendo of America is not using the "Wii would like to Play" one on Brawl, They are actually making Something else, Dunno what it is but for a month it must be a lot.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 04:07:30 PM »
Quote from: VKM
So putting the release off for a month is a great way to produce more copies of the game at launch.

That and Advertising, Nintendo of America is not using the "Wii would like to Play" one on Brawl, They are actually making Something else, Dunno what it is but for a month it must be a lot.

^^(PM)^ Hmmm, didn't think about it like that. Valid arguments fellas.  :thumbsup:

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 04:05:18 PM »
i hate the way the international dates for games is set up. i think it is so stupid for one country to have a better version than the other countries. for example kingdom hearts 2 comes out for us and its awesome then the japs get kingdom hearts 2 final mix + and it has all the bosses from organization 13 and i remember thinking well that is such bs. how come we cant all play with all features added? i wish they'd change that someday

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar