collapse

Author Topic: I think Capcom wants to destroy Darkstalkers too...  (Read 3791 times)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: I think Capcom wants to destroy Darkstalkers too...
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 03:28:38 PM »
Big boobs = sales

(and also improve the look of some chars, because some of them like the girls, Talbain or Jedah, are awesome .... but others like Raptor, Sasquatch or even Demitri as a lot to improve, visually speaking)
I think everyone on the planet would kill you if you redesign Lord Raptor. He's a massive fan favorite.

Offline dan_aracena

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 21, 2015, 05:38:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 03:38:45 PM »
Big boobs = sales
I think everyone on the planet would kill you if you redesign Lord Raptor. He's a massive fan favorite.

hahaha ... no no no ... no redesign him (i am a fan of him too, specially the voice) but add some improves  ... i mean, in the actual world of games (with a lot of zombies, and blody - ripped - walking creatures) Raptor could be more blodied, more twisted and bizarre, and move more like a rotten body ...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 03:44:15 PM »
I don't think the Darkstalkers need to be more gritty and realistic. A lot of their charm comes from the cartoon-y animations and expressions

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »
For me, Jedah was the most crappy villain of the game. I mean, an Evil Messiah? How original is that? I just love to remember that Morrigan killed him.

What? you have some sort of proof that morrigan killed him, because as far as I know, fighting game plots aren't resolved until you find out the conclusion in the next game (which for darkstalkers, does not exist.) Jedah's, lord raptor's, jon talbain, hsien-ko's designs are way better then morrigan's is IMO, you make this seem like I have some sort of vendetta against her (and by extension, you) I'm just saying, come on man, morrigan gets into every game she possibly can get into, everyone else (with the exception of Felicia) gets into nothing with no other logical reason then:

1. she's main charater (okay)
2. She's got big boobs.

Whip's argument is that Morrigan doesn't really deserve that kind of complaining since she's at least guaranteed to appear in every Capcom crossover; the other Darkstalkers don't get that privilege. All they have are the DS games, whereas Morrigan and Felicia have the DS games plus the crossovers and whatnot. There's nothing wrong with giving the other Darkstalkers some screentime instead of Morrigan. It's not a sacred law for her to be the lone DS rep.

Damn freaking Straight.

I think Morrigan's and Felicia's popularity its more sort of a Design thing .... Just go to a Comic-Con or Anime-Con, or Gamer-Con .... There'll be a some girls cosplaying Morrigan and Felicia (some of them very hot in deed .. but thats other subject  >:-(-| ) and those girls doesnt even played any Darkstalkers games ..... they just love the outfit ...

exactly, because of Capcom's terrible decisions regarding who gets in crossovers, the only characters people know of is Morrigan and Felicia, and it doesn't help the franchise at all because no one feels the need or want to play as anyone else anyway due to this, so no one cares if there is a new game or not, since they can play as them in MVC3/2 anyway.

hahaha ... no no no ... no redesign him (i am a fan of him too, specially the voice) but add some improves  ... i mean, in the actual world of games (with a lot of zombies, and blody - ripped - walking creatures) Raptor could be more blodied, more twisted and bizarre, and move more like a rotten body ...

More generic...

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2013, 03:50:48 PM »
Whip's argument is that Morrigan doesn't really deserve that kind of complaining since she's at least guaranteed to appear in every Capcom crossover; the other Darkstalkers don't get that privilege. All they have are the DS games, whereas Morrigan and Felicia have the DS games plus the crossovers and whatnot. There's nothing wrong with giving the other Darkstalkers some screentime instead of Morrigan. It's not a sacred law for her to be the lone DS rep.
But don't you see it? By appearing only in compilations shows that Morrigan only exists still by popularity, and considering what happened to Megaman, I don't know how longer this will save her. Anyway, being the protagonist, she deserves the role as the main representant of DS in the crossovers, because in Capcom Fighting Evolution, much people complained about her abscense.

The people are starting to wait up, just look at this coming console generation. Nintendo fanatics aren't happy with the fact that Nintendo even made a new console, let alone the fact that its decent. Sony fanboys aren't impressed with the specs for the PS4 like they were with the last two consoles, and XBox fans are just waiting to jump ship if they say the Nextbox 720 needs constant online.

The next big gaming market crash is coming people, I'm saying it now, so don't be surprised when it happens.
I saw somewhere that it seems that Nintendo's console market will fail. I hope it does, I don't want to be restricted from games such as Zelda and Mario because Nintendo doesn't make them to PS3 and X-Box 360. Anyway, I wouldn't be impressed with PS4 and X-Box 720 also, I don't see much new things and I don't think they will sell much.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »
Anyway, being the protagonist, she deserves the role as the main representant of DS in the crossovers, because in Capcom Fighting Evolution, much people complained about her abscense.
I'm pretty sure that game was plagued with more damaging issues than the lack of Morrigan

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 04:00:42 PM »
What? you have some sort of proof that morrigan killed him, because as far as I know, fighting game plots aren't resolved until you find out the conclusion in the next game (which for darkstalkers, does not exist.) Jedah's, lord raptor's, jon talbain, hsien-ko's designs are way better then morrigan's is IMO, you make this seem like I have some sort of vendetta against her (and by extension, you) I'm just saying, come on man, morrigan gets into every game she possibly can get into, everyone else (with the exception of Felicia) gets into nothing with no other logical reason then:

1. she's main charater (okay)
2. She's got big boobs.
According to Villains wiki, it was Morrigan who killed him after his plan's failure and I think it was when Lilith returned to her body. And you speak about her design and gameplay, but that happens with any fighting game protagonist, there will always be someone with better gameplay than his, because the protagonist cannot change, but the others can. There will always be something new, what would you say if Capcom removed Hadouken from Ryu and given him another gameplay? And regarding the designs, did you see how much people criticized Dante's new look? They cannot just change it, the protagonists are fated to stay the way they are.

Offline Sigma9

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 07, 2014, 05:38:55 PM
  • Let us put a smile in that face ! :)
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2013, 04:01:38 PM »
What were they expecting, recycling the same game over and over doenst make sales, in my opnion i think they should add more characters , add new battle styles and improve the graphics like in marvel vs capcon 3

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2013, 04:10:15 PM »
According to Villains wiki, it was Morrigan who killed him after his plan's failure and I think it was when Lilith returned to her body. And you speak about her design and gameplay, but that happens with any fighting game protagonist, there will always be someone with better gameplay than his, because the protagonist cannot change, but the others can. There will always be something new, what would you say if Capcom removed Hadouken from Ryu and given him another gameplay? And regarding the designs, did you see how much people criticized Dante's new look? They cannot just change it, the protagonists are fated to stay the way they are.
a wiki? never mind the fact that it's a wiki I've never heard of. but Wiki's are not a reliable source of information unless the list there sources.

also, I never mentioned gameplay, so I don't see why you brought it up?

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
a wiki? never mind the fact that it's a wiki I've never heard of. but Wiki's are not a reliable source of information unless the list there sources.

also, I never mentioned gameplay, so I don't see why you brought it up?
A game forum is enough for you?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/141969?threads/darkstalkers-vampire-series-general-discussion.141969/

It says that Morrigan has him killed in Vampire Savior.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2013, 04:37:32 PM »
A game forum is enough for you?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/141969?threads/darkstalkers-vampire-series-general-discussion.141969/

It says that Morrigan has him killed in Vampire Savior.

In the same topic guy asks where it was confirmed and gets no response. I'm gonna take it as it was just added there. Not saying it isn't true, just that there's no proof that it is.

FOund this in the topic:

BTW, Vampire Savior's story goes: Jedah kills Demitri, Dee kills Jedah, and Anita kills Dee.
 Anita is by far the strongest character in Darkstalkers' canon.

based on Japanese sources, like the All About Capcom books. Saiki's Darkstalkers Story FAQ translates most of the pertinent stuff.
 The Dee stuff is basically shown in full in DS Collection.

yup.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2013, 04:56:06 PM »
In the same topic guy asks where it was confirmed and gets no response. I'm gonna take it as it was just added there. Not saying it isn't true, just that there's no proof that it is.

FOund this in the topic:

BTW, Vampire Savior's story goes: Jedah kills Demitri, Dee kills Jedah, and Anita kills Dee.

based on Japanese sources, like the All About Capcom books. Saiki's Darkstalkers Story FAQ translates most of the pertinent stuff.

yup.
Dee himself is a what if character, just like the teenager version of Anita, its unknown which was the level of Dee's power, nor Anita's.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2013, 05:49:14 PM »
Morrigan was popular enough to steal Demitri's role as a protagonist, and she is MY favourite character. Its not like I don't care about the other characters, its just to say that she should get her protagonist role back.
I thought Demitri, Donovan, and Jon Talbain were the protagonists of Darkstalkers, Darkstalkers 2, and Darkstalkers 3 respectively. Or maybe I'm just crazy... Could be the latter. lol

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2013, 06:11:43 PM »
I thought Demitri, Donovan, and Jon Talbain were the protagonists of Darkstalkers, Darkstalkers 2, and Darkstalkers 3 respectively. Or maybe I'm just crazy... Could be the latter. lol
You are just crazy pal. Darkstalkers did not have a protagonist and they intented to give this role to Demitri, but when they saw that Morrigan was more popular she became the leading girl.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2013, 06:23:18 PM »
I think demitri is a way better, in every aspects. We All know that the main quality of Morrigan are boobies. This is the main reason Capcom picks her, everybody knows this.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2013, 06:27:41 PM »
I think demitri is a way better, in every aspects. We All know that the main quality of Morrigan are boobies. This is the main reason Capcom picks her, everybody knows this.
^^(PM)^ Same for Felicia. (no disrespect to both Morrigan and Felicia fans)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2013, 09:24:46 PM »

Exactly :)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2013, 09:27:51 PM »
And with that said, should I lock this topic before it gets more out of hand?

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2013, 11:15:36 AM »

Felicia is the worst character to come from DS, the only reason she is popular is because of the above point.

(yes, I hate Felicia and I want her to burn in the hellfire)

FOund this in the topic:

yup.

This is all bulls***. Morrigan didn't even fought Jedah is the first place, her final boss is Lilith. It is also up to debate which endings are canon, since some of them contradict each other. The only characters that could have defeated Jedah (because their endings depict Jedah defeated or something) are Q-Bee, Lord Raptor and Huitzil, Huitzil being the most likely of them.

According to Villains wiki...

Seriously that I overlooked this? I must rectify this, whoever wrote this was drunk.

(I'm an admin on Villains Wiki, just so you know)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2013, 03:32:45 PM »
Felicia is the worst character to come from DS, the only reason she is popular is because of the above point.

(yes, I hate Felicia and I want her to burn in the hellfire)

I like to use Felicia, but I agree that's probably the only reason she's the second most well known Darkstalker.  Here's hoping she has clothes in one of her alts if there is going to be a new DS game. lol

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2013, 05:30:54 PM »
Which will never happen thanks to Capcom  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

EDIT: Locking this because things will more than likely get worse from here
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:37:37 PM by HyperSonic92 »

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2013, 09:42:42 AM »
@HyperSonic92: excuse me for overstepping your decision,  but I'm gonna reopen the thread because the conversations here are actually under control and no crazy flaming has taken place (yet). Plus, being an old school DS fan, I'm enjoying the conversations and info.

Well, here's a few questions for all.

1) how many members here bought DS resurrection?
2) Capcom has recently moved away from traditional handdrawn sprites for 3D models. Which style do you prefer?
3) if DS4 were to be a reality and Capcom-Unity were interested in people's feedback in terms of new mechanics and/or features, and well as updating the gameplay, what would you suggest?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:49:49 AM by HyperSonic92 »

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 10:43:03 AM »
1) how many members here bought DS resurrection?
2) Capcom has recently moved away from traditional handdrawn sprites for 3D models. Which style do you prefer?
3) if DS4 were to be a reality and Capcom-Unity were interested in people's feedback in terms of new mechanics and/or features, and well as updating the gameplay, what would you suggest?
1) Played it at a friend's house and actually decided not to buy it. It just wasn't a stand out game. PROBABLY WHY IT DIDN'T ROCK SALES, CAPCOM.
2) Honestly, I kinda resent it. Just because you have access to things like that doesn't mean you step off from something you're good with. Capcom and sprites were synonymous at one point when it came to fighting games, but now that they're putting so much work into the models, they're ruining games by forgetting to put in work elsewhere.
3) I honestly can't decide what I'd suggest. Maybe running thorough bug and glitch checks before releasing the game. I don't care how long it would take to come out, just as long as it was clean to play.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2013, 11:00:32 AM »
1) I don't. Its just a compilation.
2) While I am still a 2D fan myself, we can't deny that 3D is the future and they won't do a new 2D version
3) hum, that is a good question. I like DS gameplay as is. Maybe borring some air rave from MVC, dunno. But please: no bouncing beach balls.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2013, 11:40:14 AM »
Sorry, I was just being cautious

1.) Not yet
2.) I have a personal preference to 2D but I do enjoy 3D if it's done right
3.) Not quite sure. Maybe new characters?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar