collapse

Author Topic: Playstation 3 or XBox 360  (Read 1683 times)

Offline SuperMajinGogeta4

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 31, 2014, 06:40:04 AM
    • Email
Playstation 3 or XBox 360
« on: March 03, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »
Before you post. DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A FLAME WAR!

So I was wondering which Console did you like better. I was just wondering what people around here thought which one is better suited to your personal reasons.

I personally like the Playstation 3 better considering I grew up with Sony all my life & I love the games it has. I also love the controller. You also can't beat free online also. The Graphics are amazing too but that's not the reason why I got it. Blu-Ray came in handy too for movies & games.

Considering I learned blu-ray is much tougher then DVDs. The 2 big things I didn't like about 360 is b/c of the red ring of death & that the online isn't free for 360.

So what is your opinion on which console you like more?

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:18:13 PM »
i like both consoles but chose the 360. me and my bro would have gotten a ps3 but we we went through 2 ps2 consoles because of laser lense problems. the red ring is a prob but i would hope it is finally dealt with.  the graphics are great for both console but i like 360 controller more because of  the triggers, i didn't like ps3 ones at all until dualshock3. though i have to pay for xboxlive i don't really see it as a big deal. the online experience is great and when i pay for the service i just get the months for whatever money i have at the time. 8 for a month, 20 for 3 months or 50 for 13months. i also don't think that a prob like psn going down would happen on xboxlive. i like both consoles but i prefer the 360 for the achievements, online, how the menus online and off are setup and i like the exclusives, mgs4 being the only game i cried about not being able to get :'(
the redring is the only prob i have with mine since its happened to me twice, but i would honestly prefer just having both consoles

Offline UltimateBiosparkJ

• Warrior of Redemption
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 15, 2022, 01:18:13 PM
  • Pallete Instructor
    • UltimateBiospark
    • UltimateBiosparkJ's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 06:33:30 PM »
I also, like SuperMajinGogeta4, grew up with the Playstation as a kid. Everything works for me best as far as the controller, the games, free online and best of all, the way things are setup. In a way, Playstation always reminded me of SNES back then. I have so many games for SNES and PS2 combined that its incredible. I know someday my consoles will be legendary considering what I have that goes to them each.

So me, personally, I've always been a Playstation guy. :thumbsup:
UltimateBiosparkJ a.k.a J-Wizzy, Themes on Deck!!

image hosting without registration

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 07:17:59 PM »
XBOX360 of course... Purchased it late last year after they said the RROD error was pretty much done with.. just a few more here and there. I got the Winter Bundle. It came with Pure and Lego Batman... LOL!

Offline SephirothX2004

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 28, 2013, 09:48:41 AM
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
    • SephirothX2004's MUGEN STUFF
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 07:36:13 PM »
I dont prefer one over the other i like all the different consoles.
Every console has their own cool games thats why i have a Wii, XBox 360, PS3 and a DS
but i dont have a PSP yet.

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »
i am going with the 360 because the online experience is much greater than ps3 and i really didnt see anything on the ps3 that i would have to sell my soul for lol!! true the ps3 controller is a lot better than the xbox's goon stick, but i''m here on the 360 with almost all my friends instead of the five or six lonely on the ps3 online service.

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 09:01:43 PM »

I want 2 games for the PS3, little big planet, and MGS4. But, I've never really been a ps fan, so I didn't really care. However, I will say I love the PS controller.

Control pad doesn't suck.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 09:43:13 PM »
Though I have all three, I will have to choose PS3.  There is only like five games that I thought were good on the 360.  Gears of War 1&2, Mass Effect 1&2, and Halo 3 (To an extent) as the rest seemed to be below average.  I found the PS3 to have better games and better quality on multiplat and if there are flaws then they get cleared up within the next few weeks or months like Bayonetta.  I don't play online that much, but if I do, I'd rather play for free.  Plus my PS3 is backward compatible as I have more than 200 PS2 and  300 PS1 games.  At first I was feeling the 360 when I brought the Trusty Bell 360 Bundle before buying a PS3 thinking that the 360 was a better console, but after paying all of the lame games on 360, I sort of fell off with them.  When I brought Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360 I got my first RROD when I got to the title screen and since it was a Japanese system Microsoft had me on the phone 5 hours with people who didn't speak English (even the manager), in which they told me they couldn't fix my system.  I brought another 360, but never play Ninja Gaiden 2 due to the frustration and waited until Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma to come.

Though my 360 has caused so much problems and money, I'm still getting Mass Effect 2 since I love the first as well as buying Lost Planet 2, which will be the first time I buy a multiplat game on the 360, mainly due to Marcus Felix and Dominique Santiago appearing on the 360 version, I love Gears of War  :thumbsup:, plus I can do the best Marcus Felix impression ever  :DxDie.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 10:39:20 PM »
I dont prefer one over the other i like all the different consoles.
Every console has their own cool games thats why i have a Wii, XBox 360, PS3 and a DS
but i dont have a PSP yet.
I would suggest actually not getting a PSP unless you're filthy rich or want to sell one of your other consoles... the game prices are fricken ridiculous. I haven't purchased any games since last November, I think..... plus once they get the software to hack v6.20 then it won't even matter for me anymore.. I'll keep the PSP for the emulators, but I regret not getting the DS...

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 11:43:32 PM »
The "Xbox is a better online experience" is not true from what I have played. I have both and I prefer PSN over XBL. I highly enjoy all of the exclusives, controller, extra features, and just about everything about the PS3. With a 299.99 for a BR player, 120GB memory, FREE online service, and 1080p highest definition of graphics, and a ton of other stuff I don't have time to list (Sony does in every commercial) I have to say PS3 is better.

On the PSP: It is actually my favourite portable system ever. I have DSi and it is GREAT but not as good as a PSP, especially hacked.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 12:13:20 AM »
I rest my feet on my PS3 when I play my Xbox or Wii. If it's cold, I turn it on. A six hundred dollar foot warmer is nice!!!

I was once changing the rims on my GTO & I used the PS3 as a jack stand.

Everyone told me there was no use for that system.

PS2 the system of the future for Sony  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Random Regular

• heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:54:53 AM
  • ??!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 12:35:42 AM »
DARKTALBAIN = Troll. lol
You know that comments like this will end with a flamewar..

Everyone told me there was no use for that system.

Haha, People on gaming forums would laugh so hard if you say that the Wii is better than the PS3, Yes the Wii has some memorable games but.....better?....Nooo :D

I have the feeling that you have only played those stupid PS3 launch games.
It's like people are living in 2006 ''Uh the PS3 has no games!!!!11 yeah lololol, We have Halo 3, and they will get KZ2 but that game will suck because the first part sucked too >:D"
Because most of the exclusive PS3 games after 2008 are really good,UC, MGS4, LBP, Resistance 2, KZ2, R&C, UC2, GoW3, MLB (Only if you are a fan though) Wipeout HD, Yakuza, GT5, Infamous and more... 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 12:57:31 AM by Hades. »

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 12:40:12 AM »
Im consdering an Xbox because of about 3 exclusives (own ps3, psp, wii and ds so far) ive played online at firends houses and i just dont see the advantages, sfiv was just as laggy and mw2 was just as good o_O, so im waiting for maybe 3 more exclusives and a version most users assure lasts for more than 3 years to go ahead and get the console so yeah im a guy who buys consoles for the games

ps3 triggers do suck though, these fixed it

http://www.qfonic.com/images/products/gio-ps3trig/image01.jpg

i will indeed back the fact that ps3 gives more services for less money, the lower initial price of the xbox is decieving

Offline SuperMajinGogeta4

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 31, 2014, 06:40:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 02:39:16 AM »
Wow... I got a few famous infinity members on here & supporting the PS3. I'm...  :o Especially Dark & VYN  ^:)^

I have to say though. The PS3 controller is better. Honestly I cant stand the 360 controller. I mean I could if I had to live with it but its almost a knock off of Dreamcast controller. Compare the 2. You'll see what I mean. I never find 360 games to be all that good. Only of a good hand full I liked. Like Bioshock 1. But now that has changed, lol.

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 10:09:20 AM »
well for me its the beautiful ps3
gameswise the xbox 360 neva appeal to me

ps3 exclusives
gow trilogy
gran turismo
killzone
resistance
heavy rain
uncharted 2
MAG
and others (etc)

blue ray player
upgradable HD (500gb)
gamesharing with other users (very important factor)

ps3 has raw power compared to xbox 360 has stated by some devs and experts

rememba google is your friend

but xbox 360 is also GOOD i had one i like the
halo series
gears of war
forza
project gotham racing

and thats it

sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 10:22:25 AM »
Ps3 you get more for your money

for one built in wifi (360 you gotta pay 100 $ )

bluray (i believe another hundred for that prehistoric hddvd addon)

you can use any bluetooth headset as a wireless headset and still use it with your cell phone or watever (360 you gotta pay $60 for their headset and it will only work on your 360 )

Ps3 = free online (as opposed to the $50 per year you gotta pay on 360)

PS3 contrary to popular belief actually has more exclusives and Halo is the only real 360 exclusive as you can play L4D, Gears, and Mass effect on your PC and 360 doesnt have that bright of a future regarding exclusives either

Whenever PS3 has to wait to get a game that 360 has usually its because the developers decided they wanted to actually complete the game before releasing it to ps3

More reliable hardware ( that new chip that supposedly doesnt crap out on the 360 does)

Web browser (posting from it right now)  

So if your really fond of Halo I say go for a 360
(click to show/hide)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 10:26:19 AM »
I voted for the Wii  :thumbsup:

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 10:27:37 AM »
Personally I dig the Colecovision

The interactive 2 player gameplay rules!

You havent gamed till you play Colecovision boxing! LOL

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 11:44:17 AM »
Maybe it's just me.

But Am I the only person here noting yet AGAIN that the PS3 fans talk and list the advantages more then fans of any other system.

I guess If your system isn't selling, you have to advertise it more.

Ugh. Stupid me. I'm going from knowledge before the price drop. They're almost at 360 level now.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 11:49:49 AM by -Whiplash- »

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 11:49:31 AM »
when are the votes locked?

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 11:53:03 AM »
I don't know I honestly feel theres a lot of really annoying people that trash talk the PS3 that are pro X-Box. In fact I've even seen dudes throw punches at a guy at Best Buy. I am sure it goes both ways, but I feel the X-box crowd comes off a lot ruder, and cruder when they debate systems in these discussions. Of course PS3 fans are going to list the pro's of their system, theyre not going to say the X-Box is better.

Personally I don't have either, both interest me, but I did call those X-Box fans a couple of retards for swinging on the PS3 guy. It really painted a negative picture of X-box users for me.

Like I said though, I am sure it goes both ways
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 11:58:50 AM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 11:56:09 AM »
Yowza.

Ugh. Glad I'm a Nintendo guy then. (which isn't on this poll, BTW.)

I forgot about the players on halo that care to much. "ARG YOU SUCK GO DIE!"

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 12:02:30 PM »
Me too, I just dont have time for a lot of video games, and between Smash Brothers, Sonic Racing, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, Super Mario Brothers and Lego Batman, I barely have time to play those, let alone take on another system. I guess if I had to it would be the PS3 for the Blue Ray.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 12:25:37 PM »
I've said this before the Blue ray is in no way an advantage. Anyone who plays movies on the PS3 is nuts. Do you really want to trash your game system by playing movies on it? Dumb question, because a lot of people did by playing dvd movies on the PS2.

Anyway think about it. When the PS3 came out it was $600. Blue ray players were like $1200. So with the PS3 you were getting a gaming system ( I use that loosely ) among other things & a blue ray player for half the price of a blue ray player. How did sony pull that off? They were just nice & losing money on each system they sold, right? NOOOTTTTT!! They put cheap tawain drives in that thing just like they have in the past for every other system they made. Those drives are garbage & I wouldn't play movies on that system at all. If you do, sooner or later you will kill it.

Besides who cares about all that extra garbage. When I buy a game system, I am trying to get just that a GAME SYSTEM. I could care less if it plays movies, has blue tooth, answers my phone or goes & gets me a beer. It's all extra garbage that I could care less about & they are charging me for. If you recall the PS3 was $600 when it first came out.

Another thing that makes the PS3 garbage is the fact that it WAS backwards compatible. Great I don't have to have my PS1 & PS2 out anymore. Well that was only the early models. Because once sony started lowering the price, they took that feature out. Rat Bast*rds!!!

The PS3 online play is free, just remember you get what you pay for. Xbox live is so much better!   

I do have a question since I got the PS3 the day it came out. I actually wasted 5 days of my life camping out for that worthless brick. Luckily I bought 2 & threw the one on ebay right away. The money I made selling the extra one made mine free. I don't feel so bad that it just collects dust now.

Anyway, my question is about the slim PS3 since I have never seen it outnthe box. Does that thing come with a power brick? Or is it still inside the system?
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »
@ DT it is still inside the system

You are right about the primary use of a gaming system is to play games (something thats very hard to do while its in for repair from the good ol red ring).
The main difference when choosing a console is what games are you going to play on it. XBOX Has few truly exclusive major franchises halo, project gotham, forza, and miscellaneous rare titles.

PS3 on the other hand has some astounding exclusive titles as well as major overhauls and exclusive content on games that 360 has.

regardless of how cheap you say the PS3 drive is remember how poorly designed the 360 one is. because ive never had to rebuy a PS3 game because my drive scratched it.

The bc on some models was poor on others it was costly removing it is really a non issue. As going back to your own point You buy a gaming system for just that gaming if playing PS2 is really that important to you why bother purchasing a PS3. this summer there releasing a 100% compatible bc emulation 360's emu wont be at 100% then
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar