collapse

Author Topic: Best video game question ever!!!!  (Read 787 times)

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
Best video game question ever!!!!
« on: November 06, 2009, 03:57:47 PM »
2 good questions...

1. If you can take any game, from any system from any time period and make a sequel to it. What what it be and why?

2. what games do you feel the Industry should stop making sequels to? What what it be and why?

I feel that Shining Force from the sega genesis time was one of the best RPGs in the History of RPGs and should be brought back in a 3d fashion.
In my humble opinion I feel like they should stop making Final Fantasies. I mean we need another Final Fantasy just as bad as we need another NickelBack album and we all know that we dont need anymore NickelBack.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:07:14 PM by azareal188 »

WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
Re: Best video game question ever!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:03:28 PM »
I understand what you are talking about man......Maybe I can try this out......

1) I think they should make more sequels to Devil May Cry cause I actually want to see a Devil May Cry game that actually lets us play as Sparda(not like DMC), I mean a DMC game with Sparda as the main protaginast and how he became a legend and all. And, plus I think they should make more DMC games with 2 player and such like they did with DMC3 SE.......

2)I think they should stop making sequels of GTA in Liberty City cause we already get the idea and storyline of how Liberty City went down with all the crime and gang wars and such....And yet they are still making more sequels about Liberty City.....

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 05:25:06 PM »
well personally i feel the jrpg formla as a whole needs to be revaluated to me it feels very clunky and outdated they need to get some of the customization and accessability options that the western rpgs have been getting for sometime

but for 1 i think captain commado needs to be revived because co-op is very big and i think that the beatem up genre could be successful in the sense that it could appeal to casual and the core audience i think capcom should look into reviving the final fight and captain command franchises possibly as major releases other beatem ups like castle crashers, turtles in time, tmnt arcade, etc have been met with success as arcade titles so y not go all out with a major release w/ a bigger budget the works

now for 2 i think dbz needs to give it a rest (unless they of course went the co-op route) honestly regardless of who produces these titles they stopped improving after budokai 3 the tenkaichi series was okay but all in all its fan service there making those games for the sake of making them there is nothing new presentd in 80% of those games same goes for dynasty warriors(exception being dw gundam the gameplay is tighter i feel in dw gundam)
(click to show/hide)

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:41:31 PM »
I understand what you are talking about man......Maybe I can try this out......

1) I think they should make more sequels to Devil May Cry cause I actually want to see a Devil May Cry game that actually lets us play as Sparda(not like DMC), I mean a DMC game with Sparda as the main protaginast and how he became a legend and all. And, plus I think they should make more DMC games with 2 player and such like they did with DMC3 SE.......

2)I think they should stop making sequels of GTA in Liberty City cause we already get the idea and storyline of how Liberty City went down with all the crime and gang wars and such....And yet they are still making more sequels about Liberty City.....

Another DMC is in the works and EpicbattleAxe (news people for Gametrailers.) reported that there is not gonna be anymore Liberty city games. Rockstar has already said they are done with liberty city and they are making a different GTA. Its gonna be set in a different location (which has not been announced yet.)

1) A complete remake/reboot for me would be Killer instinct. I would love to see a KI3 on next gen platforms or even a complete reboot to the series.

2) One game I think is getting milked is Call of Duty. I love FPS's  just like the next person but come on make a final game for the series and then make a new IP. FPS's are over saturating the market. its getting ridiculous.

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 06:47:01 PM »
1. I think they need to bring back YuYu Hakusho as an Action/Adventure game cuz that Dark Tournement didnt do that anime justice.

2. they seriously gotta stop with the solo sonic and mario titles. I mean when they start to make sonic into a werehog, and mario is....well i cant remember what mario was doin in his last game but enough is enough. I like what they are doin with the Mario&Sonic titles but I think this Mario and Sonic thing should have been done along time ago.
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 06:59:06 PM »
Mario is Nintendo´s mascot...they are not gonna let him die anytime soon

Needs sequel:
Crash Bandicoot
Marvel vs Capcom(a somewhat balanced one please?)
DMC
Megaman/Battle Network
Contra

Needs to be left dead:
Halo
GTA
Remakes of old games that don´t resemble the original(examples,Bomberman and Bionic Commando)
On a side note,Pokemon games need a little more innovation on their gameplay,otherwise they should be taking a break for a few years before the grand return

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 07:37:36 PM »

Needs sequel:
Crash Bandicoot

Megaman/Battle Network

First off, the most recent Crash sequel wasn't too long ago.

And Battle Network's story is ended. Best you can hope for is a Star Force sequel.

Me? I have no games I want to have a sequel for.

Except Dino Crisis 2. I just want the story finished (unless Gun Survivor 3 is "official")

No, DC3 doesn't count as it is a new story.

As for what series should stop... meh, I don't really care.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 12:58:01 PM »
I hope this time they do ATL.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 02:20:59 PM »
1. I want a new tenchu, for the ps3  :O*D

2.  ~X( KILL THE GTA SERIES, it's starting to just seem weak compared to the old ones like san andreas, it had perfect customization...

it allowed you to change your weight or even work out and you could change your clothes even redo your hair, it had everything!!!!

the new one is just weak compared to the series past... >_> *sighs*

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 02:51:56 PM »
games that need sequels imo.
-legacy of kain
-planescape torment
-Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the Earth
-Clive Barker's Jericho
-alone in the dark
-condemned
-Beneath a Steel Sky
-Full Throttle
-garou mark of the wolves
-art of fighting
-broken sword

games that should take a brake.
-tekken (really hate to say it) but i wasn't impressed with tekken 6 graphics and new game play additions, still feels the same as tekken 5 even tho it took it very long to come out.
-kof (unless they do more in kof 13)
-MK (needs an overhaul)

games that should be aborted for some time.
-tomb raider
-gta
-crysis
-halo
-resident evil
-final fantasy (seriously, enough of this game)
-Shin Megami Tensei
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline M.Chidori

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 30, 2022, 03:08:15 PM
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »
I've waited long enough for Kingdom hearts 3.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »
the games i think  need a new sequel are
viewtiful joe
jet set radio
bloody roar
okami
dragonballz budokai (not tenkaichi)

the game i feel needs to stop having sequels is sonic because after adventure 2 they were pretty bad

Offline Leon S. K3nnedy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 30, 2012, 06:55:06 AM
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 04:24:07 PM »
I would very much like to see Bethesda Studios release a sequel to the ever astounding Oblivion, and yes I am aware that they are currently in development with a new Elder Scrolls title, however I am sincerely disappointed that it it will not be taking place in Cyrodil (as is Elder tradition:Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Cyrodil...ect-game locations change ). I would actually enjoi the discontinuation of the "Elder Scrolls" line, and a new branch off into a "Oblivion"-esk line with an Oblivion II allowing for more exploration of the land that we already know and love. :cool

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 07:20:57 PM »
i think a game they should bring back and revamp is Legend of Kage. its about time we get a real ninja in action jumpin from realistic trees and doing real ninja stuff. , i would use vf type graphics just for that . AMAZING!

games they need to stop doing sequels or put a hold on for awhile are.

mortal kombat
resident evil
medal of honor games... hehehe
tomb raider..uinless its get a total revamp.
and last but not least mario! lol

Offline KenFan9276 - Member of CROM

• Phoenix Wright > Megaman :D
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 01:22:01 PM
  • OBJECTION!
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 08:59:56 PM »

games they need to stop doing sequels or put a hold on for awhile are.

mortal kombat

you're my friend.
need sequel:
teen titans
captain commando
final fight

LET THEM DIE:
MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!! ~X(
gta
final fantasy
halo

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 09:15:47 PM »
needs sequels
sonic adventure 2. I think if they made the 3rd one it would break the curse of horrible games with sonic in them.(but the ds onces were o.k I think)
x-men legends 2
kingdom hearts 2
Cruis'n world
marvel vs capcom 2 (Please make it balance)
alone in the dark

need to be left dead
halo
guitar heros(since I played world tour it all just fells the same)
tomb raider
dbz games, unless they make a real cool adventure one.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 09:40:45 PM »
For me

Let them die:
God of War
Gears of War
Halo
Call of Duty
Fallout
Borderlands

Needs sequels
Fear Effect 2
MvC2
Megaman Legends 2
The Punisher (2005)
Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction (the 2008 movie game doesn't count)
Guilty Gear XX (of course the rehashes don't count)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 10:34:50 PM »
Wel the ones id like to see sequels too are:

1) DBZ Super Sonic warriors 3 for DS Or the Wii. why? because the the last SSWR 2 was sick.
If you havent played it yet then buy. for the new Gen Budokai 3 and DS's DBZ super sonic warriors 2 was the best DBZ games ive played in ages since SNES import Hyper Dimension and DBZ2 & 3 hands down. For the game play and game experience..trust me. Art of fighting style last minute moves sealed it for me lol
heres SSWR2 for DS
[youtube=425,350]24rDboIP36g[/youtube]

anyway
2) Demon's Crest 2 (from snes). Either done like Ultimate gouls n ghost on PSP/DS & Wii or just a Bad butt new one for the 360 & Ps3 in dark n gritty 3D style like DMC4 in dark action.
D.C video
[youtube=425,350]RLztbi98-cE[/youtube]

3) ROAD RASH, ROAD RASH, F*CKIN ROAD RASH!! whats wrong with EA?? are they retarted?? All they gotta do is Get the team of Burnout paradise "Criterion games". Add in tons of Bikes. tons of Areas to race and kick @ss metal and Rock music and the game is an Instant Banga On or Offline period. geez whats the issue

4) Strider 3. Again either done like Ultimate giuls n ghosts Or Heavy on the Combo and gritty Kick@ss 3D action on the Ps3 Or 360. Have both Strider and His Brother Useable in Different Missions.

5) lol Zombies ate my neighbors 3 (ghoul patrol was ZAMN 2 actually). I wouldnt mind it on the Wii cuz that system is great for 2D style if yall havent noticed. Its not my fav system but i do notice its 2D engine is on point. Or Revamp it like Grabbed by the Ghoulies on 360 and just make it way better and online with 4 players and tons of levels with the Infamous Giant baby in one of the stages again lol

6) The Peace Keepers (aka snes Rushin beat ahsura) 2. Would be a great side scrolling beat em game online and off with 4 players. wide fight stage. multiple ways to go and tag team supers. Bloody n gritty as hell too.
T.P.K. video
[youtube=425,350]nBtN29q_Hks[/youtube]

7) Urban Reign 2. Lawd have mercy if non of yall never played that underated @ss kicking co op game for the Ps2 yall smokin fo realz. That game is an istant classic. 99 missions. hella tekken and WWE style exaggerated moves and tag team moves that are ridiculous lol. makes ya wanna go out n pick a fight! Namco is late on the draw with the sequel. it would be perfect for the 360 & Ps3 online or off.
U.R. video
[youtube=425,350]dgH3z75fgFA[/youtube]
(are you ready for a fight now? lol)

8) DOOM 4. sorry i loved doom. and that game era was the reason why i started liking first person and eerir crazy music to go along with the madness lol

9) Streets of Rage 4. Sega should team up with Namco on this one and make it hella raw. why cuz after that Whole Urban Reign experience i see Namco is on point with Final Fight style Games

10) Rage of the Dragons 2. Why not? Have SNK help produce it lookin like KOF 12 (but with way more substance of course) and we are good ta go!!!
R.O.T.D video
[youtube=425,350]jwLi-91iqJA[/youtube]
(Games like this never get dull)

11) Rumble Fish 3. even though it sucks part 2 never made it to consoles id love part 3 at least. Maybe release
Part 2 online to PSN or xbox live if 3 does happen. I played 2 in the arcade and i have the first one on import

RF2 video
[youtube=425,350]gHAwzlsGHrg[/youtube]
(in the arcade it looked hella smooth)

&

12) A new DMC. The begining of Sparda. C'mon theyve talked long enough how bad @ss Dantes Pops was so now i wanna see what his Legend was all about and how he got taken down. I wanna see why Dante is so the Sh*t. Dont you?

well those are my top 12 wish sequel list of games
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:16:51 PM by DEMONKAI »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 10:54:41 PM »
First off, the most recent Crash sequel wasn't too long ago.

And Battle Network's story is ended. Best you can hope for is a Star Force sequel.
/quote]

Battle Network is getting a crossover remake.There are still room to make new games for that franchise(check ending of BN6 to notice that)
Starforce is dead,it was a dissapointment for most ppl and the third game didn't sell that well(characters weren't as likable as in BN imo)

I'm also hoping for a Megaman 10(real one) and Megaman X9(at least a game that explains the gap between classic and X/X and Zero games)

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 11:12:16 PM »
ive kinda noticed on this board that there isnt much gta love y is that?
(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 11:19:54 PM »
ive kinda noticed on this board that there isnt much gta love y is that?

lol i mean GTA3 was a classic. Vice city was a da sh*t and San adreas was fly but To me GTA4 dunno man it faded to black for me for some odd reason man... wasnt that fun unless i was playin my peoples online for a bit clownin around..

but eh i dunno GTA japan?

GTA London (ala the getaway)

eh thats just my opinion :-??

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 11:27:16 PM »
but eh i dunno GTA japan?

;D HELL YEAH!!!

IDEA: GTA: marvel vs capcom

spiderman just became gangsta  ^-^
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mugendude26

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 12, 2023, 06:14:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 05:44:32 PM »
LET THEM DIE:
MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!! ~X(
gta
final fantasy
halo

I really doubt they're going to die buddy if people keep buying the games. ;)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »
i got mad love for gta but its startin to get old now. time to up it a notch and put it in japan ..as stated earlier is a good idea.  what i am waiting for? Virtua fighter 6: the finale. now thats a game i can go nuts for! love vf5 and play that more than all my other games.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 06:19:34 PM »
;D HELL YEAH!!!

IDEA: GTA: marvel vs capcom

spiderman just became gangsta  ^-^
(click to show/hide)

lol silly dude...
*smh*

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar