collapse

Author Topic: Should Sega Sell The Sonic Franchise to Nintendo?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 28, 2012, 01:40:01 AM
Should Sega Sell The Sonic Franchise to Nintendo?
« on: December 01, 2008, 01:06:13 PM »
I want to hear what you guys think.After hearing about Sonic Unleashed being horrible I'm just wondering if anyone thinks Nintendo should buy the franchise of Sonic?I think not IMO Sega CAN bring Sonic back up.But I think their doing it the wrong way.The should make all of their newest Sonic Games just like Sonic Adventure.I love Sonic adventure and Sonic 1,2,3,Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3 and Knuckles.PPL keep on insisting that Sonic should go to Nintendo.If it does that then Sega will not be Sega anymore the Sonic Team will But under Nintendo if that happens.Honestly I'm hoping that Sonic and the Black Knight will be a promising game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_and_the_Black_Knight

It looks promising but then again Sonic Unleashed looked promising but then all of my friends told me the game's no good.I'd play it myself but I've got no cash on me.I love Super Mario to No Extent but I also love Sonic The Hedgehog too.Sonic & Mario is what GOT me into video gaming(Yes I owned both Snes & Sega back then)It makes me happy Mario's doing good today but Sonic is not and that makes me sad.I want both of them to do marvelous here and from years on out from here.

So do you guys think Sonic should be sent over to Nintendo?

Edit:Poll added.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
Re: Should Sega Sell The Sonic Franchise to Nintendo?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 01:21:04 PM »
After hearing about Sonic Unleashed being horrible

Yeah, from biased reviews that doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. The fans; who actually matter by the way, think that Unleashed is an amazing game. Especially the 360/PS3 versions. I think the Wii version is pretty good, but going through story mode, there is too many Werehog portions. Once you complete the game though it isn't that bad.

I like how the reviewers/fans complain about the Werehog, yet praise the Adventure titles. I'd much rather have the Werehog than the shooting, fishing, and Amy portions from the Adventure tites (I liked hunting as Knuckles, although I'd rather he be running). Seriously, when you think about it, the Werehog on the 360/PS3 versions doesn't even take up nothing but 30% of the game. That's not much compared to the Adventure titles other characters who took up half the game. You get more Sonic in Unleashed than you did in the Adventure games.

In other words... no, I don't want Sonic to be owned by Nintendo. Honestly Nintendo can't even get their priorities straight with this Wii Music crap they're giving us. Also, they're making Zelda more casual. *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 01:27:38 PM »
Yeah, from biased reviews that doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. The fans; who actually matter by the way, think that Unleashed is an amazing game. Especially the 360/PS3 versions. I think the Wii version is pretty good, but going through story mode, there is too many Werehog portions. Once you complete the game though it isn't that bad.

I like how the reviewers/fans complain about the Werehog, yet praise the Adventure titles. I'd much rather have the Werehog than the shooting, fishing, and Amy portions from the Adventure tites (I liked hunting as Knuckles, although I'd rather he be running). Seriously, when you think about it, the Werehog on the 360/PS3 versions doesn't even take up nothing but 30% of the game. That's not much compared to the Adventure titles other characters who took up half the game. You get more Sonic in Unleashed than you did in the Adventure games.

In other words... no, I don't want Sonic to be owned by Nintendo. Honestly Nintendo can't even get their priorities straight with this Wii Music crap they're giving us. Also, they're making Zelda more casual. *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

True in Sonic Adventure it was a pain playing as Big to go fishing and Amy was a pain considering how slow she was.But that game totally knocked me out.I enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2 more though since it's more action.

As for Sonic Unleased If I had some cash I'd rent it for the PS2 but I've got none.My friends keeps on saying it's no good.But since it's the Wii version they only played then I can see.I myself would love to play Sonic unleashed and judge for myself.Anyway I believe in Sega.I believe Sega can get Sonic back up.However that's going to take some hard work,thinking and time.I'm sure sometime Sega will have their Blue Mascot up to glory like he did back then. :thumbsup:

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 01:31:52 PM »
Well like I said. The normal Sonic portions of the game are fun, it's just you play as the Werehog forever in the Wii version in story mode. Though once you beat the game, the majority of the secret missions you unlock are normal Sonic levels. Like extended levels, collect X amount of rings, etc...

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 01:43:52 PM »
Well like I said. The normal Sonic portions of the game are fun, it's just you play as the Werehog forever in the Wii version in story mode. Though once you beat the game, the majority of the secret missions you unlock are normal Sonic levels. Like extended levels, collect X amount of rings, etc...

That also sounds interesting of what you just told me.So Sonic Unleashed really isn't that bad.Sega coulda just done better.Am I warm?

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 01:56:17 PM »
I don't get this . Was there actually some official talk of Nintendo buying the Sonic franchise ?

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline SPOOKY77

• CVGUnited.com Admin
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 17, 2011, 11:58:08 AM
    • CVG United
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 01:59:30 PM »
Sega would never sell Sonic...it's their classic brand

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 02:11:54 PM »
I don't get this . Was there actually some official talk of Nintendo buying the Sonic franchise ?

No.I'm just wanting ppl's opinions that's all.

Sega would never sell Sonic...it's their classic brand

I agree with you.It's just my friends and some ppl throughout the gaming and mugen community keeps on insisting that Sega should Sell the License of Sonic to Nintendo.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 02:14:16 PM »
That also sounds interesting of what you just told me.So Sonic Unleashed really isn't that bad.Sega coulda just done better.Am I warm?

No, it's not bad. Of course this is comming from a die-hard Sonic fan who thinks Heroes was a good game and that 06 had potential to be better.

Just look over at GameFaqs. Everyone agrees that it's Sonic's come back and are hating on all the reviews. *lol*

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline PBRTODD101

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 31, 2020, 04:40:04 PM
  • Dyro, my original character
    • Alshary's MUGEN Paradise
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 04:02:45 PM »
No, because its the only thing keeping SEGA alive
My junky website is still online, if anyone's interested.

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 04:24:54 PM »
No, it's not bad. Of course this is comming from a die-hard Sonic fan who thinks Heroes was a good game and that 06 had potential to be better.

Just look over at GameFaqs. Everyone agrees that it's Sonic's come back and are hating on all the reviews. *lol*

I'm a Sonic Fan too.Ok I'm a Fanboy that's a big fan of anything he likes and Sonic's one of em.I'm going to be real mad if Sega sells the license of Sonic to Nintendo.

No, because its the only thing keeping SEGA alive

^^(PM)^ Exactly My point.How come everyone WANTS Sega to give Sonic to Nintendo?Sonic was with Sega since the beginning and it must stay that way.Sega doesn't need Nintendo's help to make sonic better.Sega's getting there with Sonic Unleashed.(IMO the game doesn't look so bad except the Werehog parts)

Besides what will Sega do if they gave away Sonic to Nintendo?What will Nintendo Do with Sonic if they have it?Put him in every Mario Sports game like Mario Party Mario Kart Mario Tennis etc?(It would be nice to see Sonic in each of them though)I don't find that Cool.If Sonic goes to Nintendo then I'll lose all faith in Sega.It's bad enough they went out of Business thanks to the PS2 ramming Dreamcast out the window but them giving up Sonic it's just OVERLOAD!

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »
No

Sega is still good.....

If Nintendo bought Sonic....There would only be stupid party games just like Mario IMO

"I am two people"      Cyclysm & Sgt.Rotter

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 04:50:18 PM »
No Sega shouldn't sell Sonic. Sonic is Sega, Sega is Sonic. It just wouldn't be the same if Sonic joined Nintendo. When I think Sega, I think Sonic. Sega can still make good games, just look at Valkyria Chronicles.

Offline Random Regular

• heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:54:53 AM
  • ??!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 04:57:34 PM »
If Nintendo bought Sonic....There would only be stupid party games just like Mario IMO

Its sad but true, if they sell sonic to nintendo SEGA wouldn't be SEGA anymore.
+ they only would make games for the DS and Wii and the playstation/Xbox owners couldn't buy sonic games anymore if its only "Nintendo Exclusive"
That would be less money for Nintendo, less than SEGA.

I am not a big Sonic fan anymore like some years ago but really they will fail as Vivendi did with Crash Bandicoot some years ago...  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Offline Kid Chyllen™♪

• The Young Lion
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 07, 2012, 07:13:43 AM
  • Smash Bros. 4 Coming to you in 2013 !
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 04:57:55 PM »
Sega shouldn't sell Sonic to Nintendo. End of Story.
But, I do think that Sega and Nintendo should think about merging. Nintega or Segtendo. Something like that :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 05:12:27 PM by JayL »

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 07:21:48 PM »
Sega shouldn't sell Sonic to Nintendo. End of Story.
But, I do think that Sega and Nintendo should think about merging. Nintega or Segtendo. Something like that :)

^^(PM)^

Hey good Idea they should Merge.Then we won't worry about Sega selling Sonic to Nintendo.I just have a bad feeling Sega may just give Sonic to Nintendo if they can't get back up with Sonic  @^@

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 23, 2023, 06:47:15 PM
    • AWESOME HARE
    • https://squareup.com/store/random-select-comics
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 11:04:48 PM »
Why is this even a topic? No and NO! I want Sega to keep their identity. They'd lose it completely if they gave up their flagship character. I'd rather them go out of business before that happens.
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 01:12:54 AM »
Why are people arguing that if Sonic is sold Sega won't be the same company? It's offtopic and pointless. First of all if Sonic was sold it would be because Sega's calling it quits anyway, at which point whether they're the same kind of company or not would be irrelevent because they'd be gone.

Secondly, it'd be more in the interest of Sega to become a Nintendo second party. Actually that would be in the interest of both companies. Nintendo would obtain the rights to Sonic, one of videogamings greatest icons, among other properties such as KNIGHTs and Ristar. Sega, on the other hand, would recieve financal aid from Nintendo, probably enough to make games other then Sonic without worrying about bankruptcy. They'd also be pushed by Nintendo's Seal of Quality to clean all the pesky bugs out of their games before releasing them.

The way I see it, Sega should merge with a company such as Nintendo or Capcom. It'd save their asses in the long run.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 01:32:44 AM »
Sega doesn't need financal help from anyone. They're doing just fine. Hell, they're publishing The Conduit, the biggest title on the Wii in 09.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 02:39:48 AM »
Why are people arguing that if Sonic is sold Sega won't be the same company? It's offtopic and pointless. First of all if Sonic was sold it would be because Sega's calling it quits anyway, at which point whether they're the same kind of company or not would be irrelevent because they'd be gone.

Secondly, it'd be more in the interest of Sega to become a Nintendo second party. Actually that would be in the interest of both companies. Nintendo would obtain the rights to Sonic, one of videogamings greatest icons, among other properties such as KNIGHTs and Ristar. Sega, on the other hand, would recieve financal aid from Nintendo, probably enough to make games other then Sonic without worrying about bankruptcy. They'd also be pushed by Nintendo's Seal of Quality to clean all the pesky bugs out of their games before releasing them.

The way I see it, Sega should merge with a company such as Nintendo or Capcom. It'd save their asses in the long run.

Hey that doesn't sound like a bad idea if Sega is a 2nd party company with Nintendo.After all Nintendo lost Rare and Sega would be able to fill in that missing slot.

Sega doesn't need financal help from anyone. They're doing just fine. Hell, they're publishing The Conduit, the biggest title on the Wii in 09.

I hope your right.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 05:07:05 PM »
If Sega didn't need help, there'd be four consoles out now. Their games seem to get more negative reviews as time goes on, and since people are sheeps for reviewers, less games will sell. Less games sold, less finance, easy as that.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 06:03:28 PM »
If Sega didn't need help, there'd be four consoles out now. Their games seem to get more negative reviews as time goes on, and since people are sheeps for reviewers, less games will sell. Less games sold, less finance, easy as that.

All Sonic games sell well. Condemned got excellent reviews.

And....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega#Success_again_.282006-present.29

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 06:06:28 PM »
All Sonic games sell well. Condemned got excellent reviews.

And....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega#Success_again_.282006-present.29

Who would of thought that Sega was rising back up.Anyway I hope Sega still has their strength even to this day.

Offline Doctor Crow

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 30, 2009, 06:20:02 PM
  • Sony for life.
    • My DeviantART page
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 07:57:48 PM »
Sonic should not go to Nintendo, period, in any way, shape, or form, and Sega would be better off getting away from Nintendo completely.  But that's just my opinion.
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Doctor_Crow
The Super Smash Bros games are NOT fighting games, they're party games dressed up like fighting games.  Nintendo needs to stay away from fighters.

Offline Seiyuuki

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 04, 2009, 11:57:54 AM
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »
NO WAY IN HELL  it's the absolute answer XD
12sky|Serenity|Guanyin pm me if you play

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar