collapse

Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom - Eternity of Heroes "Bug Report thread"  (Read 12506 times)

Offline XerXes

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:January 28, 2016, 12:55:22 AM
  • Infinity News Team
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom - Eternity of Heroes "Bug Report thread"
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 02:00:59 AM »
Sadly, the game is truly filled with bugs and almost unplayable  Sad  Better plugins are definitely needed to solve the nasty sound problem and the constant crashing. I hope I didn't offend IMT in any way cuz I was really looking forward to this game and I know you guys put a lot of work into this, but the game just has too many issues. Hopefully IMT will rework things and add better plugins and then re-release it

You see this is the kind of unproductive comments that make creators feel like the masses (Not all but some) dont care about there hard work and just want something free and perfect. This section is for BUGS ABOUT THE PROJECT, not comments on how bad the game is or how broken it is, the team understands that the game is not perfect, thats why its in an exe file so that the team can perfect it and re-release it. Or let me just explain it so that anybody can understand.

Good bug reporting: Silver surfer gets stuck in the air, beast val's and collisions are off, the game freezes before it gets to the end alot,

Bad bug reporting: the game is unplayable, to many bugs <--- this is bad because it doesnt explain what bugs are present, game needs alot of work.

So remember before you type, please people this project was put together by people who sacrificed alot of there free time to give the community someting new, fresh, and most importantly FREE.
"PRESENTS MUGEN FIGHT NIGHTS"

<-Place holder for future collaboration.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 02:08:12 AM »
Sadly, the game is truly filled with bugs and almost unplayable  Sad  Better plugins are definitely needed to solve the nasty sound problem and the constant crashing. I hope I didn't offend IMT in any way cuz I was really looking forward to this game and I know you guys put a lot of work into this, but the game just has too many issues. Hopefully IMT will rework things and add better plugins and then re-release it

You see this is the kind of unproductive comments that make creators feel like the masses (Not all but some) dont care about there hard work and just want something free and perfect. This section is for BUGS ABOUT THE PROJECT, not comments on how bad the game is or how broken it is, the team understands that the game is not perfect, thats why its in an exe file so that the team can perfect it and re-release it. Or let me just explain it so that anybody can understand.

Good bug reporting: Silver surfer gets stuck in the air, beast val's and collisions are off, the game freezes before it gets to the end alot,

Bad bug reporting: the game is unplayable, to many bugs <--- this is bad because it doesnt explain what bugs are present, game needs alot of work.

So remember before you type, please people this project was put together by people who sacrificed alot of there free time to give the community someting new, fresh, and most importantly FREE.

yea hes right though i havnt played it yet because countless reasons have kept me for doin so im about to in a lil bit got to redownload it

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 02:12:01 AM »
Well, I played through with Captian Commando (Awesome character btw), But had to fress F1 to beat symbiote Onslaught. I dunno if I just can't play well, but it seems almost all characters are at a disadvantage against Onslaught.

Some characters still roll around after they are defeated (I caught Red Arremer doing this) and some characters get stuck in attacks (Silver Surfer)

Rolento can't follow his opponent with his launcher, and it seems like when he runs you over with the tank he stays on you untill you die.

Not much wrong with the game, that's all I caught so far. It wasn't a dissapointment to me. But I wish there would be other plug-ins used The music keeps stuttering on my XP.

It's a fun game, you can tell alot of work was put into it. Great cast of characters, the stages are nice with the Paralax in some. I'm sure the music was good (I couldn't hear t because of the plug-ins). Great work guys  :) :thumbsup:

I hope I can get Bass in  next release sorry for those I dissapointed.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 02:12:49 AM »
New one with Juggernaut: I hit him with a Ken Air fireball, and he proceeded to fall to the ground and then just bounce on the floor. This bouncing continued for the rest of the match.

Symboite Onslaught: ...Has anyone even come CLOSE to beating this guy?! He spams faster that Sluge's 3-1 Abyss.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Jive Turkey

• Last Login:April 15, 2009, 10:05:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2007, 02:15:00 AM »
Another bug: when Kobun taunts, the life bars disappear.

Offline zxzero

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 31, 2012, 04:49:05 AM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2007, 02:17:40 AM »
Great work infinity team! but let me point out a couple of things:
1. when i did the maximum spider on cyclops, cyclops froze in the air after the last hit allowing me to do two more while he was just stuck there and after the third one he fell
2. Cammys killer bee assault misses after 2 hits 80% of the time
3. alot of chars can infinite with jab and strong punches
4. Cyclops can cancel his supers when you press at least 3 attack buttons at the same time
5. Ryu and Kens back dash has too much pause time allowing them to not do anything until the dash animation finishes
Well, thats all i see for now, but once again, great job on this and getting it released on the date you promised! I appreciate your dedication and hard work on this project and I hope this helps you out with it.

Offline XerXes

• Infinity News Team
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2007, 02:18:35 AM »
Thanks for the good bug reporting Zero EX, Glux247, Jive Turkey, zxzero & and whoever else follows suit.

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2007, 02:20:22 AM »
So far from the little bit I've played... I've caught Firebrand going into a rolling animation when he should have been KO'd. Poison seems to have some CLSN issues on a few frames (attacks go right through her).

Overall, I'm happy with the release. I don't seem to be having nearly as many issues with the game as others here (sound works about as well as on my normal Mugen, random crashes weren't any more frequent either). Still wishing for 2 rounds, though....

Offline zxzero

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2007, 02:23:13 AM »
no prob, trying to help anyway i can with this awesome project, oh, and when sagat does his qcfx2 k super and doesnt connect, he just does one hit and the super background stays on screen for like 10 secs.

Offline JagwarKnight

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 15, 2023, 11:19:57 AM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2007, 02:25:46 AM »
Also, I noticed some of the Supers... don't come out a lot of the time as well, I would do the motion right and everything... but it wouldn't come out most of the time.

Offline honkytonks

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 05, 2017, 12:03:18 PM
  • Feel the burn
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2007, 02:28:04 AM »
uhmm... just wanted to say stuff...

- isn't magneto's magnetic shockwave hyper be only performable on the ground? you can perform it after an aerial rave... in mid-air (w/c doesn't seem natural)
- cammy's killerbee assault doesn't track well and when performed after a cannon drill, it only hits once
- juggernaut's head crush hyper passes through his opponent.
- poison pauses too long before she performs thunder whip.
- symbiote onslaught can attack before the round starts and boy is he cheap. one hyper after another? form 1 is still beatable but form 2 can perform specials (some of which are unblockable) and hypers continuously. you can't even block like a coward in a corner
- some characters don't do the same damage as the others. for example, a couple of punches from colossus does even more damage than from a full aerial rave by poison. it's sort of realistic but leaves other characters to a certain disadvantage.

well, i have no problems with everything else. everything else is cool and looks good.

btw, are you planning on releasing stuff separately? coz i really like the stages. ^__^

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2007, 02:32:41 AM »
At least you guys all get to try it out . All it does for me is lock up my computer & it has permanently changed my desktop . I can't get my task bar small again no matter what I do .

Anyway no matter what it just won't run for me .

I have windows 2000 professional , with an Amd 2.something giga hurt processor . With over a gig of Ram .

I should be able to run this thing right ?

I was going to try it on  my new laptop , but it came with vista installed . Spidermew stated that the screenpack has alot of problems with vista ?

I am dying to try out the new characters . Can you guys please release them individually ?  [-O<

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 02:34:48 AM by DARKTALBAIN »
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2007, 02:34:31 AM »
I haven't seen phase 2 S. Onslaught. Honestly, I don't see the need for the sentinels, he an excessive amount of moves already. Plus he can Block?! Like I said, Jeez Uss!

Oh yeah, before I forget. Beast's Launcher attack doesn't work right. I mean, if it connects and you hold up he jumps, but the opponent is still on the ground. Plus animation wise, his standing HP should be the launcher, not crouching HP.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 02:38:22 AM by Glux247 »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline XerXes

• Infinity News Team
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 02:35:51 AM »
Sorry, each character and stages will be released separately in time. For the time being, EoH is a beta released to the masses to bug test and enjoy.

Offline zxzero

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 02:38:41 AM »
when silver surfer got swept by cammy, he just kept on trying to get up until she hit him again, he is well made by the way tho

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2007, 02:42:56 AM »
Bug:   ;D
Jin used a HK and I froze him with ice man roll back Hp and Jin froze and fell off the bottom of the screen and never re-appeared.
I also cannot save control's, settings, ect.
I also cannot change it to a 3 round match, only 1 round.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:07:45 AM by laspacho »

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2007, 02:43:46 AM »
when silver surfer got swept by cammy, he just kept on trying to get up until she hit him again, he is well made by the way tho

Speaking of Cammy, Holy Carp! Her running speed needs to be taken down a notch. She's almost faster then The Flash.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline demonicdrphil

• Last Login:May 19, 2010, 11:41:08 AM
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2007, 02:44:48 AM »
nevermind about the buttons forgot to set my joypad

cyclops jumps too high off of his launcher so air combos are impossible.

spider man's hk does not launch at all

blanka hyper electricity only does two hits on a standing opponent.

how can their be three venom symbiotes in one game?

Jin's blodia punch does not have a ctrl=1 set in the changestate to 0 which means he is stuck and unmoveable

Kenji has no launcher unless you count mk,mk and then he cant even super jump after it his standing lp can do up to 8 hits

marrow's standing lp can do 14 or more and randomly becomes her mp

sabretooth's not weapon x (QCF KK) super he can juggle the opponent with any attack even other supers after the last hit.  if the opponent is thrown into the corner all kinds of juggles can be done.  his other kick super lets him move while it is being done so you can rack up the damage.  this seems unfair in my opinion.  His launcher doesn't launch high enough it is normal jump height not super jump and the air combo only lasts a couple of hits.

why does servebot not follow the rest of the cast's button set up hk and hp are dashes.  every other mvc2 character is 6 buttons

cutman's big snip hyper lasts longer than the bg

silver surfer has no taunt and his supers can cancel into each other and...he has no surfboard

the stage with the tigers should have blackjack trick done on the leaves at the top and the tree trunks you cant see anything when you super jump

Sagat's supers give him control too early he can do other supers off of them as well similar to silver surfer

All big huge super fireballs like Sagat's and DeeJay's do nothing up close

Wolverine's big portrait is metal claws isn't he bone clawed in this game?

Human Torch does the kick super before the super flash

Shuma Gorath's launcher doesn't launch fully and personally I don't like what has been done to the character at all

Lilith's launcher is mp,mp for some reason her punch throw can only be done with mp and it is missing a hit sound
QCF KK super startup lasts too long you can knock someone across the screen do the super and the opponent wakes up right into it

Protoman's air supers activate in mid air and look like he is standing in mid air his kick super (samurai music and sword slashes) lasts longer than the bg and may not full connect on combos

Beast's qcf B 2p super makes no sense its the same as is other punch super but he changes forms and clothes some how?  kick super doesn't hit until the beams the start up is huge

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 04:14:10 AM by demonicdrphil »

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2007, 03:16:36 AM »
Banshee's Got Mega Man jumping ability. By that I mean he can change directions at will and I don't mean with his second jump. Like I can jump forward, hold back, and land in the same spot.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:12:37 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2007, 03:17:41 AM »
Symboite Onslaught: ...Has anyone even come CLOSE to beating this guy?! He spams faster that Sluge's 3-1 Abyss.

I haven't seen phase 2 S. Onslaught. Honestly, I don't see the need for the sentinels, he an excessive amount of moves already. Plus he can Block?! Like I said, Jeez Uss!

Glux, I couldn't stop laughing for 3 minutes  :D My intent was to make him hard, but the reaction from you is priceless.  :thumbsup:

btw, are you planning on releasing stuff separately? coz i really like the stages. ^__^

Yes, stages and updated and fixed characters will be uploaded separately in time.

As for those of you wishing for a second round and plugin support and all that jazz, that will all come in the future. We wanted you to have a mouth-full of EoH today as we delivered on a goal set back in December of 2006, to release this ambitious 40+ character project on Christmas Day 2007. I agree with all of you whole-heartedly, this is not perfect, but you see, with all of your feedback (those of you that can actually give it to us... not those who can't even run the game..I'm sorry for that :( ) this game can only get better.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2007, 03:24:19 AM »

Glux, I couldn't stop laughing for 3 minutes  :D My intent was to make him hard, but the reaction from you is priceless.  :thumbsup:

Well can you blame me? I mean, really? I'm afraid of the second form and I haven't even SEEN it yet. I'm all F, D, F + F1 just to see if the game really had an ending.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:26:35 AM by Glux247 »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:12:37 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2007, 03:29:12 AM »

Well can you blame me? I mean, really? I'm afraid of the second form and I haven't even SEEN it yet. I'm all F, D, F + F1 just to see if the game really had an ending.

Can't blame you one bit.  ;D

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2007, 03:42:58 AM »
Aww, the bgm is all jumpy. :(

I'll still play through it a lil' later to check for bugs that weren't mentioned, but for now, I need to rest.

Thanks for the release IMT, and Merry Christmas! :)

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Jive Turkey

• Last Login:April 15, 2009, 10:05:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2007, 03:46:53 AM »
Captin Marvel's, and maybe Zangief's, voice seems to be disproportionately loud to the rest of the game. I'm not sure, but the loudness of the voices and even sound effects may change with the stage. CM's "Prepare for battle" seems to be noisier when he opens against himself, though I don't think that's necessarily a bug.

More "errors": I do not mean infringe upon the stylistic freedoms granted to each programmer involved in this project. However, I noticed that some characters can't superjump with the "down-up" input while others can double-jump, a la Kung-Fu Man or Super Smash Brothers; some are capable of both. Here's list documenting who was what jumping abilities:

Double-jump only:
Cyclops

Superjump and Double Jump:
Wolverene
Cammy
Kenji
Hayato

Also, Cable, the Silver Samurai, and War Machine can't seem to superjump diagonally.

Firebrand, Hayato, Akuma (yes, he's in the game), Evil Ryu (he's here, too), Cammy and Doom do not move very far forward while superjumping diagonally.

The inputs for Zangief, Balrog, Ryu, Hulk Dee Jay's superjump seem to be less forgiving, or at least follow a different rhythm than the other chars.

The Silver Surfer looks a little strange in his superjump animation, too.

Thanks again everybody, and good friggin' night. Merry christmahanaquanzika, to you.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:51:50 AM by Excursion »

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2007, 03:54:17 AM »
Magneto: Well, not really a bug as much as a beef with the AI. Homie runs like a little Bi***. It's like all he does is superjump and air dash, it makes trying to get him a chore.

Edit Round 2: Well, the AI in general needs a normalization. Some are decent, some are a little easy, some are UNFORGIVING! I'm looking at you Vyn. Hayato's a beast. But even he can't stop...

HYDRON! MY GOD MAN! CAPSLOCK CAN NOT EXPLAIN MY FURY!

Final Round Edit: Ok, it's 3 am and my eyes are drying out. More in the morning.

K.O.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 04:18:25 AM by Glux247 »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal