collapse

Author Topic: MORTAL KOMBAT 8!!!!  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 8!!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 03:11:37 PM »
armageddon waas bad @$$. but maybe because it jus had all the characters but like the 3 games before that sucked.  starting with mk4 is when it starting to suck.  i say this should come back kinda classic. with the important characters and popular characters. cause there are so many characters that i know NO ONE ever chooses.  i hate the newer outfits. the ninjas have so much gear on and details on the costume.  the ultimate mk3 ninja outfits werre the best.  real cool looking but real simple. not like were subzero looked like shredder from tmnt on mk deception.  jus simple ninja outfit is always the best.  and also everyone was soooo buffed up on steroids, they need to not do that.  itll be cool if they bring back the whole left to right fight style (mk, mk2, mk3)  not the whole walk whereever u want tekken 3d style.  ya it should be really good 3d graphics but it should go back to the left to right old school fight game.

ps  they need to remove those damn create a fatality bull sh*t. everyone does the same fatality!  bring back all the different extreme creative fatalities that every character has.

are u crazy scorpions new outfit is hella sik da ninja one from deception is one of da best ninja outfits i ever seen

i think what he meant was that the new outfits the ninjas sport arnt outfits that resemble who they are. i second onslaught and say i prefer the regular ninja outfits that subzero, scorpion, reptile, etc. had during the first 4 mks. when they added on different gears, they made them look like samurais rather then ninjas.

dont get me wrong though, they were tight costumes, but for me they just didnt fit who they reallly were.

in regards to mk8, im really iffy as to how its going to turn out. to me this sounds like its really going to be a completely different game, which in that case shouldnt even be referred to as mortal kombat 8. especially if none of the classic popular chars are going to be in it.

thats exactly what i meant.... the new costumes were tight especially scorpions, but it jus wasnet him...    if they had a new char who wore that costume i ll be completely cool with that but i say the ninjas should stay ninjas, not samurai lookin or etc..

by the way rains new outfit sucked too cause hes my fav ninja and he looked like a p**** on armegeddon.....  too much gear and looked like he was wearing    a dress or some crap

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 03:22:16 PM »
armageddon waas bad @$$. but maybe because it jus had all the characters but like the 3 games before that sucked.  starting with mk4 is when it starting to suck.  i say this should come back kinda classic. with the important characters and popular characters. cause there are so many characters that i know NO ONE ever chooses.  i hate the newer outfits. the ninjas have so much gear on and details on the costume.  the ultimate mk3 ninja outfits werre the best.  real cool looking but real simple. not like were subzero looked like shredder from tmnt on mk deception.  jus simple ninja outfit is always the best.  and also everyone was soooo buffed up on steroids, they need to not do that.  itll be cool if they bring back the whole left to right fight style (mk, mk2, mk3)  not the whole walk whereever u want tekken 3d style.  ya it should be really good 3d graphics but it should go back to the left to right old school fight game.

ps  they need to remove those damn create a fatality bull sh*t. everyone does the same fatality!  bring back all the different extreme creative fatalities that every character has.
I actually liked the cg endings in MK4. I didn't care for the story board endings in every other MK though.

I liked MKA because it had all the characters from the previous MK games. Plus, if that wasn't enough, you could create your own with the custom character (I made so many characters, I even made the Green Ranger). Online is pretty fun too. I also liked the cart mode.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 03:27:19 PM »
the creat a fighter mode is pretty tight.. the go kart thing gets boring  really fast.     they should have waaayyy more options on the create mode on the new mk cause it wasent enough on the last one

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 03:30:51 PM »
the creat a fighter mode is pretty tight.. the go kart thing gets boring  really fast.     they should have waaayyy more options on the create mode on the new mk cause it wasent enough on the last one
Mainly what they really need in Create  mode is
more weapons.

I mean c'mon. Just axes and swords!? WTF?
Where's the bo staffs, nun chucks, sais, lightsabers, Mallets, and daggers?
They really left out the weapon part of the customization.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 05:55:43 PM »

are u crazy scorpions new outfit is hella sik da ninja one from deception is one of da best ninja outfits i ever seen

i think what he meant was that the new outfits the ninjas sport arnt outfits that resemble who they are. i second onslaught and say i prefer the regular ninja outfits that subzero, scorpion, reptile, etc. had during the first 4 mks. when they added on different gears, they made them look like samurais rather then ninjas.

dont get me wrong though, they were tight costumes, but for me they just didnt fit who they reallly were.

in regards to mk8, im really iffy as to how its going to turn out. to me this sounds like its really going to be a completely different game, which in that case shouldnt even be referred to as mortal kombat 8. especially if none of the classic popular chars are going to be in it.

thats exactly what i meant.... the new costumes were tight especially scorpions, but it jus wasnet him...    if they had a new char who wore that costume i ll be completely cool with that but i say the ninjas should stay ninjas, not samurai lookin or etc..

by the way rains new outfit sucked too cause hes my fav ninja and he looked like a vagina on armegeddon.....  too much gear and looked like he was wearing    a dress or some sh*t

LMAo :DxDie they do have scorpions classic outfit on deception and armageddon

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 08:06:31 PM »
My friend and I were talkin' about it and we agreed that when they strayed from the real life actors MK changed right there. Now if they went back to that with new guys I'd except it more. Then again if they change the characters is it really mortal kombat.

Thanks DG!

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »
Then again if they change the characters is it really mortal kombat.

exactly

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 04:24:39 AM »
Well, I'll say this...true the characters of old in MK are VERY important to the game...but what makes Mortal Kombat MORTAL KOMBAT is the story...you have to remember that 'Mortal Kombat' is a story of multiple words and the tournament held to decide the fate of them...the chars up to this point have been really linked to only a handful of the original cast (read: MK2) those being Shang Tsung, Kung Lao, Raiden, Kitana, Shao Khan, Sub-Zero, & Scorpion...and to an extent Shinok...but ONLY because he was an Elder God who basically helped get the whole story started from BEHIND the scenes with his betrayal. All the others were connected to this main group of chars (I may have missed a couple in there, but you get what I mean). So mainly with a new cast, we are just hearing the story from a BRAND NEW starting point. Armageddon was meant to END the story involving all the chars we've come to know so far (IMHO this is namely meant for Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Shao Khan, Shang Tsung, Kitana, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Quan Chi, Raiden and MAYBE Sonia and Johnny Cage as they were some of the FIRST warriors chosen from Earthrealm...the rest came after them). I would say it's kinda like SF3...in that SF3 was like a new start. After Bison is FINALLY gone we have a few of those that fought against him for so long fighting this NEW threat, but for the most part it's an entirely new cast. True SF3 might have been even BETTER with all the old chars returning to add to the new roster, but they didn't need them to do a new story and still make an excellent game. So we can PROBABLY expect to see a COUPLE of returning chars (though they way Boon stated it, I wouldn't count on it) but for the most part it's a chance for a fresh start...a chance to do something new and something fresh where they are HOPING we don't compare it to what once was, as this is NOT meant to be the same thing as we've before.

ON the subject of the costumes, MOST of them were MUCH needed updates (many of the mainstay MK roster had such plain and boring costumes...and while I didn't enjoy Sub's Shredder-esque costume from Deception, I like the fact that (and especially in Armageddon) they were trying to make each of the ninjas unique. I liked the MK Trilogy/UMK3 ninja costumes too, but I have to admit that I thought Ed, John and Midway were just being LAZY by using basic move-swaps with the ninjas. They each had their own moves, but they all looked the same. If I were talking to someone about the game who didn't know the chars by name I was able to get them to understand by color and that is kinda kindergarten in my book. I should be able to get some to know who I am talking about by something OTHER than just color. They were more like those Crayola markers with shaped tips: every color you pull out is a different color but you make have wanted the same shape in a different color, so it kinda defeated the purpose...better yet, didn't really help my argument at all, but I think you get what I mean. People like Sonya and Jax needed more consideration I think...but for people like Raiden (who FINALLY really looked like a God of Thunder in DA and MKD) and Johnny Cage, whose costumes have looked pretty plain, needed the revamp.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 12:25:33 PM »
yea i agree, they should remove LOTS AND LOTS of the mk characters almost all of them.  but if they remove all of them and start new it wont be MK.   they should keep the obvious originals that make it Mortal Kombat like  Liu Kang, scorpion, subzero, sonya, shang shoung,

or instead of having liu kang as the main character they should introduce like liu kang's son or somethin,

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 02:26:03 PM »
yea i agree, they should remove LOTS AND LOTS of the mk characters almost all of them.  but if they remove all of them and start new it wont be MK.   they should keep the obvious originals that make it Mortal Kombat like  Liu Kang, scorpion, subzero, sonya, shang shoung,

or instead of having liu kang as the main character they should introduce like liu kang's son or somethin,

yea it would be sik if Liu Kang Had a son

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 02:49:19 PM »
ya cause ya kno that liu kang died, so if he had a son he would grow up to be the new main character. 

they should also bring back the famous PIT stages too

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 05:41:18 PM »
i liked mka cuz it kinda had a deep story to it n the fighting system was pretty bad butt

cuz once i used jax with muey tai n i fought that horse dude

MAAAn it was so fun

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 01:03:25 AM »
Well, I'll say this...true the characters of old in MK are VERY important to the game...but what makes Mortal Kombat MORTAL KOMBAT is the story...you have to remember that 'Mortal Kombat' is a story of multiple words and the tournament held to decide the fate of them...the chars up to this point have been really linked to only a handful of the original cast (read: MK2) those being Shang Tsung, Kung Lao, Raiden, Kitana, Shao Khan, Sub-Zero, & Scorpion...and to an extent Shinok...but ONLY because he was an Elder God who basically helped get the whole story started from BEHIND the scenes with his betrayal. All the others were connected to this main group of chars (I may have missed a couple in there, but you get what I mean). So mainly with a new cast, we are just hearing the story from a BRAND NEW starting point. Armageddon was meant to END the story involving all the chars we've come to know so far (IMHO this is namely meant for Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Shao Khan, Shang Tsung, Kitana, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Quan Chi, Raiden and MAYBE Sonia and Johnny Cage as they were some of the FIRST warriors chosen from Earthrealm...the rest came after them). I would say it's kinda like SF3...in that SF3 was like a new start. After Bison is FINALLY gone we have a few of those that fought against him for so long fighting this NEW threat, but for the most part it's an entirely new cast. True SF3 might have been even BETTER with all the old chars returning to add to the new roster, but they didn't need them to do a new story and still make an excellent game. So we can PROBABLY expect to see a COUPLE of returning chars (though they way Boon stated it, I wouldn't count on it) but for the most part it's a chance for a fresh start...a chance to do something new and something fresh where they are HOPING we don't compare it to what once was, as this is NOT meant to be the same thing as we've before.

ON the subject of the costumes, MOST of them were MUCH needed updates (many of the mainstay MK roster had such plain and boring costumes...and while I didn't enjoy Sub's Shredder-esque costume from Deception, I like the fact that (and especially in Armageddon) they were trying to make each of the ninjas unique. I liked the MK Trilogy/UMK3 ninja costumes too, but I have to admit that I thought Ed, John and Midway were just being LAZY by using basic move-swaps with the ninjas. They each had their own moves, but they all looked the same. If I were talking to someone about the game who didn't know the chars by name I was able to get them to understand by color and that is kinda kindergarten in my book. I should be able to get some to know who I am talking about by something OTHER than just color. They were more like those Crayola markers with shaped tips: every color you pull out is a different color but you make have wanted the same shape in a different color, so it kinda defeated the purpose...better yet, didn't really help my argument at all, but I think you get what I mean. People like Sonya and Jax needed more consideration I think...but for people like Raiden (who FINALLY really looked like a God of Thunder in DA and MKD) and Johnny Cage, whose costumes have looked pretty plain, needed the revamp.

=D> very good point. but i guess since im just so used to seeing alot of the same characters in mortal kombat that if they removed all of them like you say in mortal kombat 8, it just wouldnt feel the same. maybe they should make it to where you can UNLOCK the old chars or make them secret chars.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 02:44:07 AM »
yea im goin to miss scorpion raiden sub zero kunglao and liu kang

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 02:48:14 AM »
i doubt that they won't be there.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 05:55:57 PM »
i doubt that they won't be there.

u never know they are too important

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2007, 11:05:47 AM »

if these chars arnet in mk8 then ITS NOT MK!  boon tobias(or whatever)  should make a new fighting game with a new name

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2007, 08:28:03 PM »
--->http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/02/05/new-mortal-kombat-8-will-be-dark-gritty-and-completely-reinvented-fighting-on-xbox-360-ps3-maybe-wii-in-november-2008.htm
This should sum it all up I  <_<|google|'d mk 8. Check out what Boon said. Looks like the release date has been pushed back cause I haven't seen any mk8's out yet :-??.

Thanks DG!

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 08:31:37 PM »
god another MK? (I knew they were going to do another one)
now let's see what all-new Kraptastic roster they come up with...
Fixed  ;D

(Mortal Kombat seems to emphasize the "K" alot)

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2008, 12:39:18 PM »
yea i heard the same thing that all the recent characters are GONE armageddon was the final step in that realm.... this is a whole new story and line too it so everything is pretty much mk1 all over... but ya never kno i kinda want shao khan in it and all previous characters....

found this video its a teaser thou but its something

At first glance, he looks like Raiden, but if you look closer, he's got a black beard (or a mustache), meaning he can't be Raiden because Raiden is an albino.
Also I'm not to glad about them ditching the old character cast we've grown to love since the past over 10 years. MK:D left us with more questions then answers, while MKA did provide a good story line, none of it was seen as canon due to the endings of MKD not adding up. So... for the most part, I am against a new cast of characters. Not just because I'm so used to the characters from the old games, but all the new characters since MKD have been horrible.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2008, 12:58:55 PM »
^^^
What VKM said
no ansears...more questions..
<.<...
Jax becoming a cyborg robot king.....
....riiiiiighhttt....

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2008, 02:55:15 PM »
^ what they said....

apparently this game will be a major fail..
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 05:06:54 PM by ☆レオン☆ »

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2008, 03:35:32 PM »
IMO Armageddon was the worst. Here is why........

air combat, totally useless. The combat in the air was slow and very stiff and the fighters look like fools in the air doing it, no style at all, almost every character shared the same button commands while in the air, there were only a total of maybe 2-3 movesets while in the air, no one was "unique"

only two fighting styles, this could have been good if they fleshed out the two fighting styles, but the styles were gimped. Not enough variety in them, and no good branch style combos, made juggling horrid. You would think if the fighters would have one less fighting styles, the two that they have could have been more robust.

Juggling in general was awful because of air combat. If you had a move that required you to press Up and attack (mostly moves that keeps the enemy juggled), then most of the time you would jump after the enemy if they were in the air (the whole point of juggling it to keep them in the air, while you're still on the ground)

They did however, do some good things to the series, wakeup game, recovery attacks (stops 50/50's) parrying, playing dead. I liked that, but it seems after that they just stopped and worked on Kart racing.

Also I wish the puzzle and chest combat was in along with Kart racing. And the Kart racing could have been more robust, but it is a fighting game so they should have been focusing more on the engine and fighting mechanics itself.

If they would have added parrying, wake up game, playing dead, recovery attacks of Armageddon, the speed of Deadly Alliance and put it into Deception, Deception would have been a spectacular game. I still think Deception is the best one because it's the most robust when it comes to the actual fighting. It had a better juggle system and branch style in that game was very good.

Offline DMP

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 18, 2011, 03:49:25 PM
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2008, 03:55:52 PM »
most of the new mortal kombat games blow because they didn't have the dash thing and the fast @$$ combos like in the older ones and the fatality system in Armageddon was major crap if they bring back the uppper cut thing where guy goes toastee i think thats what he says if they do that then i will buy it

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2008, 03:56:40 PM »
most of the new mortal kombat games blow because they didn't have the dash thing and the fast @$$ combos like in the older ones and the fatality system in Armageddon was major crap if they bring back the uppper cut thing where guy goes toastee i think thats what he says if they do that then i will buy it

thanks for reminding me, running or a useful dash was absent as well

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar