collapse

Author Topic: Capcom Is Almost Dead  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 23, 2022, 11:58:55 PM
  • I have the power.
Re: Capcom Is Almost Dead
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »
This was a weird video, maybe I didn't read comments close enough but, am I the only one going to make one about the fact that GTA 5 was playing the whole time!? Why not recap some of Capcom's highlights?

Anyways, on topic, I have had bitter feelings about Crapcom since they promised DLC for MvC3 and then drove that franchise into the ground, still haven't played UMvC3! So that was my jump on point for the hate wagon. To be fair, I feel they actually reinvigorated the Street Fighter franchise before they "milked it".

The craziest thing with this situation is that it's not like what happened to Sega, Crapcom is already a third party developer, they aren't going to be able to go back to the drawing board and just be like; well, we have these beloved characters let's give fans what they want and, make some money!" They already had their chance to do that and didn't. They pretty much deserve what's coming to them!

IMO, I know Nintendo isn't the greatest platform at the moment but Megaman should go to them, at least they will treat him like the legend he is. They may take some risks and do some wild takes on him along the way but, at least we'ld see him.

I'm not sure there will be another company that has done "Fighters", the way Crapcom has, maybe Namco could keep something alive given the recent crossover!? 

Other than that I don't play much Crapcom, haven't played Resident Evil since 3, I did play Dead Rising 2 and enjoyed it for what I played but couldn't shake the feeling I would have enjoyed it more if I had only been able to play the first as I am a Playstation guy.

That's my two cents and it's probably worth about that!

Offline Blue ivy

• Last Login:May 07, 2020, 08:19:01 AM
  • Blue Ivy's Official Account
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
Well they  better start kissing butt and bring back the sequels we want

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 09:31:10 PM »
Well they  better start kissing butt and bring back the sequels we want
^^(PM)^
i def agree! and to add not only bring them back but dont be doing crap stuff to them ( sf x tekken for example) just to make an extra exxxxtra buck!
They got a lot of titles under their belt that could def use a comeback for fans like me of Star Gladiator ( didnt like Plasma Sword as much) which if updated/sequel to new grounds in tech of today's console power and have the right folks on deck to do the graphics justice and gameplay... done right, a must buy for me .  Or...give it to someone else who really care about what they make and enjoy making their fans/ costumers happy cause they will def turn a good profit if they do good  to the games and for their fans that got them where they were before they went...retarded. lol

Better get it together Crap o.O# com or you gonna go flush right down the toilet.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »
This guy is basing his discussion on cash in the bank, which means nothing. For all be know Capcom has 2 billion invested in wine or skateboards right now that would not be reflected as cash on financials statements.

More importantly, if they ran out of money someone would buy them, sound like a best case scenario to me. I bet Nintendo would be the winning bidder too.

Offline Thaknight33

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 04, 2015, 08:54:58 PM
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 10:22:12 PM »
With next gen on the horizon Capcom has plenty of time to make a comeback. Who know's maybe they been holding out for this new hardware to do it. Now would be a better time than any. New megaman or darkstalkers on P4 or x box 1 would be amazing :o

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 09, 2024, 11:15:33 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 10:54:54 PM »
This guy is basing his discussion on cash in the bank, which means nothing. For all be know Capcom has 2 billion invested in wine or skateboards right now that would not be reflected as cash on financials statements.

More importantly, if they ran out of money someone would buy them, sound like a best case scenario to me. I bet Nintendo would be the winning bidder too.
^^(PM)^ didnt think about that, there total net worth. I think that that term is is the correct...

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2013, 05:32:26 AM »

I hope not. I'm really getting sick of console exclusivity. Thought that third party developers would know better than to get involved in that business plan by now. A system has a chance to be unpopular and whatnot which can hurt sales of said exclusive games. This is especially bad for new IPs that appear as system exclusives from third party developers. Capcom is making this mistake, at least in my opinion, with Dead Rising 3. Gamers seemed to like Dead Rising 2, and that was multi platformed, so why would you go BACK to your system exclusive model with the next sequel? And back to a system that has already shown so much negative favoritism with gamers (unless maybe the contract was signed before Microsoft gained all that heat from the console announcement...)?

I dunno...hoping that, like others have said, this will make Capcom actually start listening to their fanbase (would like to see a PROPER sequel to Breath of Fire...and on a console at that). And I just feel that in the state they MAY be in, they can't afford to do stuff like console exclusives. Don't really wanna buy a WiiU or XBOX1 just to play Capcom titles...

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 17, 2016, 11:45:23 AM
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2013, 06:03:54 AM »
YEAH! NINTENDO! I think we can trust Nintendo with Capcom's games. Sure, they might be console exclusive, but
a) it's business and
b) at least they'll do Capcom's games justice.
I mean MOST of Nintendo's games were well received. And Nintendo has experience with almost every genre. Example, Nintendo's experience with Mario can help with Mega Man. Also, Nintendo has RPGs, fighting games, etc. So yeah.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »
@ Acey... yeah i def can agree with the whole money in the bank thing. Capcom i am certain as well has other stock invested elsewhere not including their merchandising and profit holdings ( hopefully i am using the correct term for it  lol, its been awhile) which might not be directed into their actual savings in the bank.  who knows as well might have money in a Swiss account.  They been around for a very very long time and i expect that they have at least some Billion by now anyway through their games, stock shares and investments.

@ Metabyte .. yo i too hope its not an exclusive to one company deal if thats the way it does go by some chance.  I am cool with some nintendo products but not much a die hard fan of all their kind of games. Sony and Xbox has seemed to always have the titles i want in these times since they came about , Nintendo for me stopped around the N64 to Gamecube era. lol Zelda series is my top game from them. I def do not want to have to buy a Nintendo just to get a few titles they ( being Capcom) may have that were for quite some time not exclusive to one console and then now exclusive to just Nintendo system.  Nintendo i think could financially back those Ip's that would get put on the table but i hope they wouldnt dumb them down. There are maybe a few others who could pick up some of Capcom's games and would pray they add more passion to them with some keen fan input to help drive the games better for consumers to purchase...plus they in turn rake in a good profit instead of taking a loss.  :-?? really but i just hope for the future that it all gets better and Capcom stays around and does a better job with their products and business practices  so we all can seriously enjoy what they make and they make money.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:19:58 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »
If Capcom was going to be sold, I would love for them to be totally bought out by Nintendo. :thumbsup:

Akuma as a hidden character in Smash Bros!!! =P~

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 05:35:19 PM »

Akuma as a hidden character in Smash Bros!!! =P~
:cool but yo i think they could do that now if they wanted to anyway. They could just ask Capcom if they could use him.

Offline dan_aracena

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 21, 2015, 05:38:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 05:52:29 PM »
I would love to see Megaman going to Nintendo (they do great job with this kind of games and Characters).

Resident Evil is a franchise that i think a lot of developers will fight for .... May be Konami could do a great job with it, even when they have Silent Hill, i think Konami can return Resident Evil to the horror atmosphere that we miss so much.

Street Fighter, i would love to see what they can do in Namco with it. They proved to be the best beat´em up developers.

Darkstalkers, i think would be great to see on Nintendo. Nintendo lacks of a strong beat´em up original franchise (Smash Bros is just a bunch of characters from everywhere). And Nintendo i think have the creativity to refuel this saga.

Anyway. Capcom is getting what they diserve. Turning Resident Evil, exactly in what all fans around the world told that dislike .... Didnt paying attention to Megaman series, firing one of its creators ..... Throwing to the trash darkstalkers ....... And Street Fighter could be a major success, but they get greedy, and make the players pay for characters, or finally, throwing a Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, making a fool of all the gamers that trusted them and bought regular Street Fighter 4 .....

Capcom, you pissed of your fans paying attention to what greedy bussiness men told you about this industry ..... now, these are the results of that stupidity ....

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2013, 02:01:01 PM »
I stopped listening like half way through that video. lol I wouldn't count them as dead yet. I don't really believe it. This sounds more like over reacting and wishful thinking that it will somehow pressure Capcom into making more Mega Man/Darkstalkers games. Crapping on Capcom isn't going to bring us the games we want. lol

And I don't really know if they would be thriving now if they catered to the fans or not. Sure there's some IP's they could have been utilizing. However, would that really have helped them? Is the fan base for those franchises strong enough to bring Capcom profit? Sorry, but I think we often OVERestimate the power and profit of the fans.

Capcom will be fine. I don't think they're going belly up anytime soon. If they do... Oh well, I'll always have their games from the 90's. Those are my favorites. Same with Nintendo. They're modern games don't appeal to me as much. But that's just me. :P

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2013, 02:10:39 PM »
I stopped listening like half way through that video. lol I wouldn't count them as dead yet. I don't really believe it. This sounds more like over reacting and wishful thinking that it will somehow pressure Capcom into making more Mega Man/Darkstalkers games. Crapping on Capcom isn't going to bring us the games we want. lol

And I don't really know if they would be thriving now if they catered to the fans or not. Sure there's some IP's they could have been utilizing. However, would that really have helped them? Is the fan base for those franchises strong enough to bring Capcom profit? Sorry, but I think we often OVERestimate the power and profit of the fans.

Capcom will be fine. I don't think they're going belly up anytime soon. If they do... Oh well, I'll always have their games from the 90's. Those are my favorites. Same with Nintendo. They're modern games don't appeal to me as much. But that's just me. :P

well said twin!!!!!

but they do things that sometimes make think about what the hell they thinking.. just look at mvc 3, they could had done many characters download and stages and made some good amount of money but they didnt.. they could have done a new marvel game too and that would sale like crazy but they dont.. if you look at most companies now they have some extra downloads and make few more bucks..

plain simple, they dont make good decisions business wise and thats costing them.. but i also dont believe they going to go belly up.. with next gen around the corner, maybe thats really what they been waiting for or working on it..

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »
I think the fighting genre in general is coming to a stalling pause..

peeps wanna roam around a world and shoot other peeps, or blow them up...

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2013, 08:38:18 PM »
well said twin!!!!!

but they do things that sometimes make think about what the hell they thinking.. just look at mvc 3, they could had done many characters download and stages and made some good amount of money but they didnt.. they could have done a new marvel game too and that would sale like crazy but they dont.. if you look at most companies now they have some extra downloads and make few more bucks..

plain simple, they dont make good decisions business wise and thats costing them.. but i also dont believe they going to go belly up.. with next gen around the corner, maybe thats really what they been waiting for or working on it..

Oh absolutely, no company is perfect. They all make mistakes and have to take risks. They've been in the business a long time and I'm sure they know what they're doing. You never know what's going on with any company. They could be in transition or dealing with other issues and changes. They aren't just twiddling their thumbs. lol

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2013, 09:18:26 PM »
I think the fighting genre in general is coming to a stalling pause..

peeps wanna roam around a world and shoot other peeps, or blow them up...
Fighing games are okay from what I've heard. it's the side scrollers that are disappearing. 3D environment games are what a lot of developers are going for. It doesn't matter if it's a shooter or not. Shooters are popular but they aren't the only thing 3D environments are used for. Batman Arkham franchise is an example. You don't see many scrollers anymore other then mobile gaming and the indie developer in the PS store or the Marketplace from time to time. The only side scroller I can think of that was from a major developer was Media Molecule's Little Big Planet series, and they are constantly expanding with costumes, level packs, and occasional updates. Another title is set to be released later this year. So it may be a pattern where a genre may just be pushed to the back burner once in a while.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2013, 09:26:34 PM »
well, looks like capcom is not going to die after all.. look at what i found..

Capcom Next-Gen Lineup:

* Dead Rising 3 (XB1 exclusive, Capcom Vancouver)
* Dragon's Dogma 2 (PS4 exclusive, DD team doing it)
* Darkstalkers Reborn (Wii-U Exclusive, Funded by Nintendo, Dimps + Ono)
* Marvel Vs Capcom 4 (Both, Eighting + Capcom. Also "Expandable" and also allegedly taking advantage of Microsoft's E-Sports platform tools they gave to developers)
* Megaman (Both consoles, PC and done by 'A very good US developer who you won't expect but would be very happy to hear is doing it')
* New IP from Capcom Vancouver
* New IP from Ninja Theory

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2013, 09:49:40 PM »

Capcom Next-Gen Lineup:

Link?
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 09, 2024, 11:15:33 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 10:57:19 PM »

Capcom Next-Gen Lineup:

* Dead Rising 3 (XB1 exclusive, Capcom Vancouver)
* Dragon's Dogma 2 (PS4 exclusive, DD team doing it)
* Darkstalkers Reborn (Wii-U Exclusive, Funded by Nintendo, Dimps + Ono)
* Marvel Vs Capcom 4 (Both, Eighting + Capcom. Also "Expandable" and also allegedly taking advantage of Microsoft's E-Sports platform tools they gave to developers)
* Megaman (Both consoles, PC and done by 'A very good US developer who you won't expect but would be very happy to hear is doing it')
* New IP from Capcom Vancouver
* New IP from Ninja Theory
i hope you didnt get that here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575245

*Iceman ThumbsDown!*

edit. something else with that list

http://www.thearabgamer.com/2013/06/leaked-e3-xbox-one-reveal-games-show.html?spref=fb

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2013, 02:53:11 AM »
i hope you didnt get that here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575245

*Iceman ThumbsDown!*

edit. something else with that list

http://www.thearabgamer.com/2013/06/leaked-e3-xbox-one-reveal-games-show.html?spref=fb
That list, not just the Capcom stuff, looks awesome. Probably fake but awesome.

Offline Blue ivy

• Last Login:May 07, 2020, 08:19:01 AM
  • Blue Ivy's Official Account
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »
^^(PM)^
i def agree! and to add not only bring them back but dont be doing crap stuff to them ( sf x tekken for example) just to make an extra exxxxtra buck!
They got a lot of titles under their belt that could def use a comeback for fans like me of Star Gladiator ( didnt like Plasma Sword as much) which if updated/sequel to new grounds in tech of today's console power and have the right folks on deck to do the graphics justice and gameplay... done right, a must buy for me .  Or...give it to someone else who really care about what they make and enjoy making their fans/ costumers happy cause they will def turn a good profit if they do good  to the games and for their fans that got them where they were before they went...retarded. lol

Better get it together Crap o.O# com or you gonna go flush right down the toilet.
I would love to see star Gladiator, Plasma Sword and Darkstalkers come back. They can do so much with those games. I think a power stones 3 with time and effort, and no gimmicky DLC would bring home the bacon @-)

Offline EM20XX

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 11, 2017, 03:06:56 AM
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »
I don’t really agree with this. Don’t get me wrong, capcom has pissed me off too, but to say just because they don’t give us what we want does not mean we don’t go out and buy the games. Hell, I have Street Fighter 4 and MvC3. They do a lot of wrong with a lot of the newer games but they are far from out. People are just way too invested in the characters at this point. So even if they make another crap megaman game with no point and storyline that makes me want to kill myself I still will probably buy it. With that said I do have hope for next gen Capcom  :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar