collapse

Author Topic: Guest Star Fighter for Chuchoryu's Tekken Project  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Ganbare-Lucifer

• Infinity Mystical Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 03, 2024, 08:45:11 PM
  • Shinubis, Goemon's Descendant
    • Tediz_Ozito
    • Skype - Ado-Redwolf3
    • Lucifer's MUGEN Site!
Guest Star Fighter for Chuchoryu's Tekken Project
« on: April 07, 2013, 06:32:19 PM »
Hola mis amigos

As you like to know... i'll help Chuchoryu in the project... and to start with the special carnival of the game...

we will start a special guest character (aside of Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter) :D

Here are your options...

Ado (Kirby)

With Adeleine being worked by TheIranSonic. There whould be options to include her brother Ado, :P

His fight-style will be like a new and custom from scratch concept, and gameplay will be CvS and will get a bit of Art Drawing as an hyper.

Ethan/Gold (Pokémon)

The actual MUGEN Character Pokémon Trainer (AKA Red) was a bit dissapointing and buggy. So i decided to put some justice on Trainers and make Gold. With the original Pokémon Trainer code as base, but with some fixes and revamps.

His Pokémon will be based on the Pokémon Special ones: Typhlosion (Fire), Politoed (Water) and Sunflora (Grass). Or will be other 2 be picked by users... (with Typhlosion will STILL being in the team of him). Gameplay will be like a custom CvS and Tag Tournament flavour.

Peacock (Skullgirls)

I always wanted a MUGENized Skullgirls Character, and Peacock is my favourite. So... why not?

Her gameplay will be like in her original game with a bit of Tag Tournament flavour...

Puppetmon (Digimon)

Chuchoryu likes Digimon, and my option was Puppetmon. I think he whould like it so i might revive him (i've made a WIP for Puppetmon). :D

His gameplay will be a CvS style and a mixture of his movesets from Digimon Adventure and from the RPG games of Digimon World. With Tag Tournament flavour...

(click to show/hide)
"Set it up!"

Offline Mugendude26

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 12, 2023, 06:14:21 PM
    • Email
Re: Guest Star Fighter for Chuchoryu's Tekken Project
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 07:34:43 PM »
I don't want to sound rude or anything but I don't see how any of the characters listed above would work as guest characters in a project focusing on Tekken.

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 08:43:09 PM »
I would look at Namco's history of games for another guest fighter, and to me, there is only one character who would fit; Regal Bryant from Tales of Symphonia. Combat experience, no gimmicks, and no weaponry unlike most other Tales of characters. Along with a rather large move pool to work from thanks to the Tales of-style of battles, you're looking like a perfect candidate rather than these extremely out of place choices.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »
I would look at Namco's history of games for another guest fighter, and to me, there is only one character who would fit; Regal Bryant from Tales of Symphonia. Combat experience, no gimmicks, and no weaponry unlike most other Tales of characters. Along with a rather large move pool to work from thanks to the Tales of-style of battles, you're looking like a perfect candidate rather than these extremely out of place choices.

^^(PM)^

Then again, I'm not surprised about the out-of-place choices, given it is BlizzardBuffalo/Smartguy/TedizGrunt or whatever username he goes by (I don't want to sound rude, but sometimes this behavior of his gets annoying).

Now, I haven't really played througly the Tales series (not my thing, I'm more into SaGa), so I can't say much about your character choice. If I were to choose someone from an early Namco title, it would be either Rick from Splatterhouse, Valkyrie from Legend of Valkyrie, or someone from Weaponlord, probably Zarak (which would be cool, given that there aren't any chars mugenized yet).

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:12:44 PM »
I would look at Namco's history of games for another guest fighter.
^^(PM)^

i completely agree. If going to have a guest character it would fit pulling in a character to fit this game, a namco stock person.  or if wanted to go the route like say DOA5 ( a 3d fighter) did with bringing in a set of fighters from VF5 ( another rival like fighting franchise from Sega that works well) then it would be bringing in maybe a DOA character as well.  DOA , VF and Tekken have all a long rich competition like  nature with each other in the arcades and home consoles.

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:37:25 PM »
^^(PM)^

i completely agree. If going to have a guest character it would fit pulling in a character to fit this game, a namco stock person.  or if wanted to go the route like say DOA5 ( a 3d fighter) did with bringing in a set of fighters from VF5 ( another rival like fighting franchise from Sega that works well) then it would be bringing in maybe a DOA character as well.  DOA , VF and Tekken have all a long rich competition like  nature with each other in the arcades and home consoles.

Hayabusa from NINJA GAIDEN or DOA
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 09:56:51 PM »
Well, I think a character from games such as Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur or Dead Or Alive would fit better a game focused on Tekken. Since Akira is on the roster, here are my suggestions:

- Ayame (DoA)
- Kasumi (DoA)
- Ryu Hayabusa (DoA)
- Talim (SC)
- Valeria (SC)
- Peacock (SG) (considering the suggested characters, I had to choose at least one)

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 10:55:51 PM »
Well we will see SC characters as well in the crossover project so maybe not an SC character.
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 11:42:36 PM »
Well we will see SC characters as well in the crossover project so maybe not an SC character.
I chose Talim and Valeria because of their fighting style, they resemble non-weapon fighting styles, specially Valeria.

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 09:20:52 AM »
I chose Talim and Valeria because of their fighting style, they resemble non-weapon fighting styles, specially Valeria.
Same reason I threw out Regal Bryant from the Tales of games. And his actually is a non-weapon fighting style.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar