collapse

Author Topic: Rumble Jungle  (Read 534 times)

Offline Jermare

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 05, 2020, 02:33:10 AM
Rumble Jungle
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:53:02 PM »
Like I said in my other thread, I have a lot of projects and ideas I'm working on. TBH, my priorities are completely scrambled all over the place, but I still thought I'd let you in on another one of my projects.

The main idea behind Rumble Jungle is that all of the characters are animals, or rather, anthropomorphic animals (furries I guess). The idea behind the game came from the fact that if you think about it, animals really have some neat abilities and it'd be cool to see those abilities reflected (and exaggerated a bit) in a fighting game. The characters aren't straight up animals though, they have unique human personalities mixed in with their animal personalities. A lot of inspiration came from Scott Pilgrim (Which is the sprite style I'm using) and Punch-Out!! Wii (Which inspired the structure).

In the single player mode the structure will be very similar to Punch-Out!! in that there will be either 4 or 5 "levels" where you'll have to fight 5 characters, with the fifth being the champion of that level, before advancing to the next level. You only have 2 characters unlocked from the start to use in both single player and vs. mode, and after each win you unlock a new character to use in vs. mode only. After the entire game is beaten you have the option to use any character in single player mode.

The button layout will be the same as MvC3. The sprite style is the same sprite style used by Paul Robertson in the Scott Pilgrim game. Since the characters have such wild personalities I definitely want to have voice acting. I'll give more info as time goes on, but that's the gist of it. For now here's a peak at 5 of the characters.

Name: Hank
Animal Type: Dog/Golden Retriever
Fighting style: Karate moves; typical canine attacks
Abilities/Weapons: Basic abilities of common dog
Circuit: N/A
Description: Hank is a country, domesticated golden retriever who's spent his life training in martial arts. He's never been outside of his home and wants desperately to get out and explore the wild, particularly to join the Rumble Jungle fighting competition, which he watches on TV any time it's on. He's a little rough around the edges, but he's one dog that you can never keep down. He's one of the only characters available from the start of the game.

Name: Mike
Animal Type: Squirrel
Fighting style: Throws opponents off balance
Abilities/Weapons: Great balance and reflexes
Circuit: First
Description: Mike is a sleazy, fast-talking squirrel who picks a lot of fights with opponents much bigger than he is. This fearless furball joined Rumble Jungle to prove that size doesn't matter in a fight. He's currently ranked #4 in the first circuit.

Name: Bucky
Animal Type: Beaver
Fighting style: Heavy swings
Abilities/Weapons: Strong flat tail; Uses an assortment of wood
Description: Bucky is a lumberjack native to the location of the first circuit in Rumble Jungle. He decided to join to see what all the fuss was about. He's a master with wood, so when you see it in his hands it's best to play it safe. he's currently ranked #3 in the first circuit.

Name: Spike
Animal Type: Porcupine
Fighting style: Viscious
Abilities/Weapons: Body covered in spines
Description: Spike is a stoner porcupine who spends most of his time alone. He has anger issues and decided to join Rumble Jungle as an alternative outlet to let off steam. He has a body covered in sharp spines that he uses when he feels outmatched. Watch out. he's currently ranked #2 in the first circuit.

Name: Mimi
Animal Type: Skunk
Fighting style: Graceful; flexible
Abilities/Weapons: Long tail; Skunk stink
Description: Mimi is a former stripper who was unhappy with her life and decided to join Rumble Jungle to make something of it. She's very sassy and street smart, and also very feminine. Don't let her seductive charm fool you though, this is one tail you don't want to chase. She's currently ranked #1 in the first circuit.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 05:11:10 PM by JBtheHunter »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[Today at 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar