collapse

Author Topic: Netflix on Wii coming soon  (Read 324 times)

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
Netflix on Wii coming soon
« on: February 05, 2010, 12:54:28 AM »
Apparently, the Wii is also going to get the Netflix treatment.
http://www.netflix.com/NRDInfo/Wii
http://www.nintendo.com/wii/netflix

Seems pretty understandable to me, especially for those who don't have an Xbox.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 04:49:00 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
Re: Netflix on Wii coming soon
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:17:33 AM »
I kind of hate the idea... I only hate the idea because with the XBOX 360 and PS3... you can plug in your flash drives and watch movies, whereas the Wii, you cannot... unless you hack it... so Netflix on the Wii doesn't make sense to me.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:22:10 AM »
The whole point is so all those users with netflix accounts can watch all those streaming movies on their big screen through their Wii. Remember, the cool thing about Netflix isn't getting new releases in the mail, but rather it's watching the library of instant streaming movies.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 01:49:05 AM »
The whole point is so all those users with netflix accounts can watch all those streaming movies on their big screen through their Wii. Remember, the cool thing about Netflix isn't getting new releases in the mail, but rather it's watching the library of instant streaming movies.
Have you seen those movies, though? I got this on my 360 and the only ones I've seen that are good are some of the SNL, Batman, and then.. maybe Richie Rich.. but once you get halfway through it, it starts to skip everywhere! I haven't used my netflix on there for a while, and I think it's going to stay that way. Also, I made a suggestion to Netflix once and they rejected it... how about instantly streaming some of the new movies? They have movies from like the 1940's on here.. If people wanted to watch those, they could buy them for $2 in a local store or even for a $1 on eBay!

P.S. My anger is towards Netflix, not Manic or Acey.

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 01:52:34 AM »
That's odd. Netflix instant streaming on the 360 seems to work just fine for me. /:O

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 09:16:05 AM »
That's odd. Netflix instant streaming on the 360 seems to work just fine for me. /:O
They may have more to your tastes then... but they still have movies from like.. the 1940's on there... I wish they would get rid of some of the older movies and put newer ones... like 2000-2009 movies... The newest one I've seen on there is Paul Blart movie and I've seen that one 17 gazillion times.. ;*))

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 09:55:16 AM »
Have you seen those movies, though? I got this on my 360 and the only ones I've seen that are good are some of the SNL, Batman, and then.. maybe Richie Rich.. but once you get halfway through it, it starts to skip everywhere! I haven't used my netflix on there for a while, and I think it's going to stay that way. Also, I made a suggestion to Netflix once and they rejected it... how about instantly streaming some of the new movies? They have movies from like the 1940's on here.. If people wanted to watch those, they could buy them for $2 in a local store or even for a $1 on eBay!

P.S. My anger is towards Netflix, not Manic or Acey.

Dude, the selection on there changes every week, im pritty sure its every tuesday.
Right now they have the Tin Man searies sci-fi did, saw part 1 so far, its really good.
It only ever "skips" when there's a change in your internet connection speed. For me that only happens rarely, ive got a pritty good internet connection.
They cant stream new releses due to licensing issues with the movie studos. (Disney movies actualy get on there the fastest ive noticed)

You see places like netflix and blockbuster and any video rental service, works like this.
First the rental place, has to "rent" the new movies themselfs. The stuido gets money every time you rent one of their new releses.
When part of a contract has been fofilled, like money earned from rentals, or time its been on the shelfs, then the rental place gets to keep all the money earned from people renting it. When that happens, thats when its no longer a new relese and its taken off the walls, or made avalable for online streeming. This system also allows for making exclusive deals with studios. This is why some movies you can only rent at blockbuster, or only there for the first few weeks.

So you can see how with this system, it would take a while for things new to come out on netflix online streeming, sence they are a subscription based service and not a pay per rental type service. It takes them longer to generate the income required for them not to have to pay the studios.

I really think its a good idea to have this service on any gaming system. Allot of people are bed-ridden and need some more inentertainment then just tv. Some are temporarly stuck, others more forever-ish like my mom.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:01:29 AM by SpiderMew »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal