collapse

Author Topic: Marvel's New Cartoon  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Marvel's New Cartoon
« on: September 18, 2009, 11:45:07 PM »
Super Hero Squad

The Infinity Sword has been shattered and it's up to the Marvel heroes to find all the pieces.

http://superherosquad.marvel.com/squad/

I'm not joking.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
Re: Marvel's New Cartoon
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 11:48:48 PM »
looks like something made by...DISNEY!! :o

j/k,i heard about it before,but didn't realize they are using our trademark avi as the source of power... :w00t:

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:53:58 PM »
Hey, they stole IMT's trademark Infinity Sword idea, you guys should sue for the rights ;*)) Man, this looks kinda lame..it does look like something Disney would do. If this is Disney's doing somehow....Marvel will turn into a joke. Not that it matters to me as I quit liking Marvel many years ago, although Spidey and the X-Men are still my favorites and I have a soft spot for them.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 11:54:18 PM »
looks like something made by...DISNEY!! :o

j/k,i heard about it before,but didn't realize they are using our trademark avi as the source of power... :w00t:

Geez, of all the things to break right? I can see the pot shots now...
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 12:00:13 AM »
This screams out mugen project..
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 12:11:24 AM »
This screams out mugen project..

Yeah it does, would have been a great story idea for your MVC project...or maybe a standalone Marvel or even a cute little pocket Marvel project.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 12:22:58 AM »
This is even more disrespectful to marvel comics than it being bought out by disney
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 12:27:58 AM »
This is even more disrespectful to marvel comics than it being bought out by disney

I agree at least from an adult perspective, but when you think about it..gotta give the little kids something. Kids need something a bit on their level, this isn't for the big boys after all. Just catering to a different market. I still see it as a joke, but still I do see the other side of it.

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 28, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 12:38:35 AM »
I don't see the big deal. Marvel made a cartoon for kids to get them hooked on comics early. This can only be good for the industry. Now if the Avengers movie is anything like this, I'll burn down Marvel's corporate office (It's near my job).

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 12:43:27 AM »
Well, like I said..this is for the kiddies and you got to give them something too not just the hardcore fans. It's just a way to reach out to a wider demographic and get more folks into the Marvel universe. It just looks corny from a fan perspective is all :P

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 02:29:10 AM »
I can see it now.. the new Magneto origin movie.. no swear words... no big shocks.. just boring drama.. reminds me of abc family....

Offline dafamily

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 01, 2019, 12:39:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 03:36:33 AM »

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 04:46:27 AM »
Its like marvel's mini version of the Justice League but not so serious..
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 06:00:18 AM »
Its like marvel's mini version of the Justice League but not so serious..

But...why so serious?
ba dum psh
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 08:17:59 AM »
LOL the silver surfer sounds like he came stright out of an 80's movie. chaaaa bro lol

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 09:35:30 AM »
It's Hooooooooooooorible, for adults. However my daughter found it funny. Hulk it is portrayed as if he is mentally retarded, and I guess kids kinda find that funny.

I don't think its the Disney influence though. Marvel has been really treading water in animated TV. The new animated Spiderman, Iron Man, FF, and even X-men have been brutal (the x-men is the best of the bunch though) While the movies are doing better, they still havent sold as well as DC's. I think they hope the Disney influence will help them get back on top in animation

I think they planned this when they saw Warner was doing Brave, and the Bold geared a little bit light hearted for kids. However Brave, and the Bold has top notch writing, interesting characters, and a great retro vibe. I don't think Marvel knew B&b was going to be that well done when this went into developement. It will be funny for veeeeeeeery little kids, but it has no potential to appeal to anyone over the age of 8.

Offline DukeNukem 2417

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 03, 2021, 09:23:56 AM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 09:51:29 AM »
Two things:

1.) The Superhero Squad cartoon was in development BEFORE Disney bought out Marvel, and it's based on those Superhero Squad toys that came out a few years ago.  To repeat, Disney had NOTHING TO DO with the making of the Superhero Squad cartoon.

2.) The show is on Cartoon Network.  If Disney would have wanted this on their channel, they would've had to bump one of their stupidly-popular shows (I won't lower myself to their level by naming names) and put this on in place of it.

I The new animated Spiderman, Iron Man, FF, and even X-men have been brutal (the x-men is the best of the bunch though)

The Spectacular Spider-Man isn't that bad, ALEXZIQ.  Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes originally aired on Cartoon Network, and it was....well, meh.  As for Iron Man: Armored Adventures, it's an interesting reimagining of the character.  Wolverine and the X-Men seems to be drawing from X-Men: Evolution and a metric buttload of other sources. 

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 11:07:17 AM »
Two things:

1.) The Superhero Squad cartoon was in development BEFORE Disney bought out Marvel, and it's based on those Superhero Squad toys that came out a few years ago.  To repeat, Disney had NOTHING TO DO with the making of the Superhero Squad cartoon.

2.) The show is on Cartoon Network.  If Disney would have wanted this on their channel, they would've had to bump one of their stupidly-popular shows (I won't lower myself to their level by naming names) and put this on in place of it.

The Spectacular Spider-Man isn't that bad, ALEXZIQ.  Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes originally aired on Cartoon Network, and it was....well, meh.  As for Iron Man: Armored Adventures, it's an interesting reimagining of the character.  Wolverine and the X-Men seems to be drawing from X-Men: Evolution and a metric buttload of other sources. 

To each their own but, I think they are terrible, and they have not been well received in the community. To me these are just a bunch of mudsharks that need flushed.

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 11:33:51 AM »
Actually I have to agree, Spectacular Spider-Man was really good, as for Wolverine and the X-men, I also enjoyed that one too.
Some of the other toons and toon ideas have been pretty bad though, but I've seen far, far, FAR worse then what Marvel has been putting out.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 12:23:19 PM »
The world's best heroes are gathered to recover the pieces of the  IMT sword.

Silver Surfer, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor & Falcon .

FALCON ?????? WHat ???????

lol

Breaking the Infinity Sword. Don't tell me the comic & game companies haven't been here ...lol

You know, this has nothing to do with Disney. Marvel has had versions of these cute hero toys for awhile now.  Anything that gets kids into comics more is a positive thing in my eyes.
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Whoblehwah

• Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 02:30:15 PM »
I don't see the big deal. Marvel made a cartoon for kids to get them hooked on comics early. This can only be good for the industry. Now if the Avengers movie is anything like this, I'll burn down Marvel's corporate office (It's near my job).

^^(PM)^

But yeah. They have other lame cartoons out like "Wolverine and the X-Men" and some lame Spider-man show, but its no big deal. Sure I don't like these shows, but they're for kids. Nothing wrong with making shows for kids. If I was a parent I'd rather have my kid watching marvel cartoons then crap like "Total Drama Island." Bleh.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 03:23:45 PM »
super hero sqad was in plans long way before disney.... didn't you ever saw the toys and the propaganda at marvel's web? as a matter of fact i thought the show was already airing

Offline dl316bh

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:January 01, 2011, 08:07:24 PM
  • The Metal God
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 01:48:05 AM »
Things like this are the reasons why Marvel will likely never be able to best DC in overall quality of animation. DC has animated works down to a science at this point while Marvel gives us this and bishie anime Wolverine. It's kind of sad, because it's not like Marvel doesn't have a solid stable of characters for stuff like this, but they always pick the absolute dumbest ways to go about things like this.

I'm all for getting kids interested in comics, but things like this shoot a little too low. The way to go about it is to shoot for an age range in the middle and try to balance things that will entertain both kids AND older viewers. This is generally how DC always manages to make their works so well remembered; Batman: The Animated Series didn't become widely recognized as the best superhero cartoon ever made through fart jokes, for instance.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2009, 02:07:56 AM »
I agree that DC is far better in this regard, they just know how to treat their characters right and know animation. Batman the animated series was my favorite hero cartoon series ever. Stuff like this makes me see why I just lost all interest in Marvel, DC on the other hand will always have a place in my heart. I think Marvel just has a lot to learn as they are just not putting in the effort to create solid animation on their characters...of which it is high time they did. I do still think the kiddies need something, but this is sort of insulting to the characters. I mean I think kids are smart enough to understand a show that is a bit more complex and more true to the characters.

Offline dl316bh

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:January 01, 2011, 08:07:24 PM
  • The Metal God
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 02:59:42 AM »
I agree that DC is far better in this regard, they just know how to treat their characters right and know animation. Batman the animated series was my favorite hero cartoon series ever. Stuff like this makes me see why I just lost all interest in Marvel, DC on the other hand will always have a place in my heart. I think Marvel just has a lot to learn as they are just not putting in the effort to create solid animation on their characters...of which it is high time they did. I do still think the kiddies need something, but this is sort of insulting to the characters. I mean I think kids are smart enough to understand a show that is a bit more complex and more true to the characters.
Well, let's hope for the best. Last I heard, there was a proper Avengers animated series on the way. If they can get that right, it will be awesome. Key words being if they get it right.

I heard Spectacular Spider-Man was pretty good, but I haven't actually watched any of it yet.

I've always been more of a DC man, myself. But I do like Marvel well enough. I stick to the fringes with their comics lately, though; you know, the stuff that keep out of events. Stuff like Amazing Spider-Man, Immortal Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Captain America, Daredevil and so on. Marvel's stuck in a perpetual event frenzy of late that got tiring a long time ago, especially considering many of them are poor. But thankfully, those fringe series are of top quality. I just wish Marvel would get it in gear with both their other comics and animation.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar