collapse

Author Topic: Potential...  (Read 14320 times)

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
Re: Potential...
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2009, 05:36:36 PM »

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

TomBewley

« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2009, 05:58:54 PM »

Gorgeous. It really captures the look of Clayface but with your own twist on the design which really brings him to life. Clayface seems like such a hard character to sprite due to the nature of his body
Who are the bases? I think I recognize them but I can't remember the names of them (Are those Pyron's legs?)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 06:20:19 PM by Dead-X »

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2009, 06:05:37 PM »
That Annie looks great, though I'm not feeling that Clayface. It's a decent edit, I just don't see Clayface any other way then TAS, especially in the face area. I'm thinking what might work best for him is using Juggernaut's upper body as an outline and doing the legs from scratch. Since they're pretty small and not really shaped like any regular legs, shouldn't be too bad. Might give a shot at him myself again.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Intermission

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 09, 2013, 05:07:39 PM
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2009, 05:15:46 AM »
I like this CF but is hard to find a good way to make his "Clay Shading" anyway good sprite  :w00t: i like it

Offline HQ

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 08:20:52 AM
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2009, 05:36:47 AM »
taros would be a fine base i think....not sure which moves he has but justing from this sprite it might fit

ripped by wil.li.an

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2009, 06:58:34 AM »
Made some fixes to the Clayface design, will post them later when I get home. Head has been tweaked, though I think it's a nice middle between TAS and comic. I used the Batman TAS Season 4 design, pretty much - hence Annie.

Either way, the reason I posted him was because he's another quick edit that could be a much easier WIP than anyone thought. The clay look is easy to do with palette blending and then a few blotch additions / removals, and he only has 2 bases. Annie only has 1, though she'd only figure into an intro and a hyper.

Pyron was the correct bottom, and if you've seen Pyron's kicks - they're supposed to look like flame but they're very thick and chunky - they'd be great as gooey, flowing clay.

Post Merge: September 25, 2009, 11:16:16 AM
Have to say I completely disagree about drawoever being the best option here. In a perfect world, Warner would take the job and manage to effectivley merge the styles of his Thing and Elastigirl. All the same, this was done as one of those simple concepts that could get him made by someone less uber.

Plus - the TAS Clayface they're using for Legends is basically Juggs drawn over, and while it looks great in their TAS themed roster, it certainly doesn't mesh with Capcom-styled designs. Not to mention the fact that while Juggs isn't by any means a common base, his sprite is really, really distinct.

All the same, the head was the last thing I did and was quite rushed - really only got the mouth right.

Here's my shot at a fix - also tweaked some little bits and added mass to his waist and shoulders, both very easy to do:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 11:16:16 AM by A New Challenger »

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2009, 03:24:28 PM »
I actually pretty much agree with you on everything. Can see why the bases work and why it wouldn't be so difficult. Agree why this design might be easiest for someone to pick up. However, still not the way I view him. Though, I do see a plain TAS design wouldn't work well with the project.

So, I grabbed my figure of him (such an amazing figure, the most recent one I believe) and tried mixing that with a more TAS feel. So, here's my newest shot at him, and if I ever took him up, he'd be just like this. Maybe with just one less shade as he might not really need it and the black outline was on purpose.

Upper body just used Jugg's outline and the legs are from scratch. Love how messy you can make Clayface look and still look good. Though, for new comers, your design is the way to go. Didn't notice before, but you really did capture the clay aspect that looks great.

Another design I'm throwing into the ring that someone could take up.

Made from all T. Hawk in this sprite. However, the best way to probably go with him would be T. Hawk's body/legs/head, Zangief's arms/boots, and/or Victor's arms/head. If you wanted to go the easier of the way though, could just be all Zangief/T. Hawk. Couldn't just be all T. Hawk though because he has all chops for punches and his arm posture just wouldn't really work for Grundy for the most part. His boots aren't so great either, so that' another minor reason.

Anyways, in this prototype sprite I made of him, his vest part could be made longer and some added detail to look more like a jacket. The hair/boots were completely redrawn as well. Can check out another way too hard to WIP sprite of him in my sprites thread (will be up in a few mins). :)

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bowasiel

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 02, 2015, 12:42:58 PM
  • He is coming....
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2009, 04:38:12 PM »
taros would be a fine base i think....not sure which moves he has but justing from this sprite it might fit

ripped by wil.li.an
WOW What game is that?

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 23, 2024, 08:47:15 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2009, 06:51:31 PM »
WOW What game is that?

Asura Blade and Asura Buster
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2009, 11:31:54 PM »
Taros really wouldn't work - Asura Buster/Blase sprites are really small compared to Capcom. I once used Rosemary for a Supergirl one-off, and I had to make her bigger - Kara isn't exactly the Hulk.

Zarro - that new one does look killer, and much more eerie / sinister than mine. The dark lines and general palette selection really work, as does the Juggernaut top - originally attempted something similar, but by the time I had removed the metal shading and ring cuts into his arms, it was deemed too much of a hassle. Not as sure about the legs, as they've got kind of a Megaman thickness and I'm a fan of the big top / small legs look since it makes him seem more inhuman to me. Still a fantastic edit.

I did once consider MMPF Yellow Devil as a possible base, which would look something like yours but starting from a cleaner structure... maybe there's something to that?

Going by the comics, he's had a lot of looks, so I'd say that they're both pretty viable. Mine's a bit simpler at the cost of menace, while yours is a bit more detailed at the cost of workload. Maybe a reconstitution super, where mine turns into a hyperarmored version of yours after reabsorbing Annie? Yours looks solidified where mine looks about to melt, so it makes a bit of sense. Plus with some mutual palette tweaking the designs are compatible --

Post Merge: September 26, 2009, 12:08:55 AM
Also dig how that Grundy came out - the head really works in a way that I couldn't pin down. Not sure the body has the proper girth, but T.Hawk is a good base idea. Maybe that with Bigger arms (Martial Masters' Monk?) and Victor's boots?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:08:55 AM by A New Challenger »

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline JeagerEX

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 13, 2014, 01:31:08 PM
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2009, 01:38:07 AM »

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2009, 01:56:30 AM »
That girl is Annie. She was in an episode of Batman titled "Growing Pains." She was a one shot character. She had amnesia through out the whole thing with Robin trying to help her escape from her abusive father. Later it turns out the father is Clayface and she's just a piece of him that he wants back. She ends up forming back with him near the end in order to save Robin, I believe.

Zarro - that new one does look killer, and much more eerie / sinister than mine. The dark lines and general palette selection really work, as does the Juggernaut top - originally attempted something similar, but by the time I had removed the metal shading and ring cuts into his arms, it was deemed too much of a hassle. Not as sure about the legs, as they've got kind of a Megaman thickness and I'm a fan of the big top / small legs look since it makes him seem more inhuman to me. Still a fantastic edit.

I did once consider MMPF Yellow Devil as a possible base, which would look something like yours but starting from a cleaner structure... maybe there's something to that?

Going by the comics, he's had a lot of looks, so I'd say that they're both pretty viable. Mine's a bit simpler at the cost of menace, while yours is a bit more detailed at the cost of workload. Maybe a reconstitution super, where mine turns into a hyperarmored version of yours after reabsorbing Annie? Yours looks solidified where mine looks about to melt, so it makes a bit of sense. Plus with some mutual palette tweaking the designs are compatible --

Thanks. The way I went about editing Juggs was to just use the outline of mostly his outer parts. Taking his helmet and eyes/mouth lines as well. After that, I erased all other detail with ease. So, that's not really so hard as much as having to fill all that space is.

I think using Yellow Devil would be good as well, but might be around the same result as the Clayface I put together. Would be big upper body with small legs. Generally, I don't like that either, but for Matt here, I do like it. Was one of the aspects I took from TAS, though I guess I could try to make his legs bigger and see how that works. They were from scratch and no hard task either way. Either way, would be great to take some of Devil's effects from when he tears himself down and rebuilds himself.

The hyper idea does sound pretty good. Though, for him, I'd actually kinda like to see Annie scared in the BG wherever he fights. Like she has to follow him around. Hell, maybe even show her happy if Matt loses.

If nothing else though, there was Basil and Matt who had the most similar designs of all the Clayfaces, so these could simply be each one of those guys.

Also dig how that Grundy came out - the head really works in a way that I couldn't pin down. Not sure the body has the proper girth, but T.Hawk is a good base idea. Maybe that with Bigger arms (Martial Masters' Monk?) and Victor's boots?
Yea, I think for the most part T. Hawk does work but he definitely does need some pieces from others to make it great. So, I'll give a shot at another edit with two different sets of arms and boots. Guess we'll see what mix works best.?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2009, 10:21:05 AM »
I like zarro's Clayface. The other one looks like Man-Thing, or some one like that. Seems like the time it would take to frankensprite all that Pyron stuff it wouldnt take much more time to just edit a consistant base, and frankensprite new attacks, and supers.

T-Hawk seems like a good base for Grundy. Grundy has only been built like the Hulk in recent years, and still really depends on the artist. Many times artists still draw a classic look to Grundy. T-Hawk is a much fresher base too. Hulk parts are so over used so it's nice to see a differant base for Grundy.

Offline L@nce Uppercut

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 05, 2020, 07:04:48 PM
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2009, 12:45:54 AM »
I can agree on Grundy. Mosty because T.Hawk is unmined for character bases while we've already seen plenty of a lot of other big guys.

The discussion over Clayface is deep, but since this has been done to bait any would be creator to take up the character, having two styles to choose from doesn't hurt. I'd take either of those and if whoever took on the idea of using both designs for different conditions that would be excellent as well.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2009, 01:14:58 PM »
I'm waiting for your sprite L@nce. Didn't you used to have a Clayface sprite in one of your sigs? Or do I have you confused with somone else?

I think I seen it at the old DC universe forum. It was incredible whoever made it.

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline L@nce Uppercut

• Initiate
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2009, 01:33:56 PM »
I'm waiting for your sprite L@nce. Didn't you used to have a Clayface sprite in one of your sigs? Or do I have you confused with somone else?

I think I seen it at the old DC universe forum. It was incredible whoever made it.

I think you ot me confused with someone else. But I vaguly remember a Clayface signature.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »
I think you ot me confused with someone else. But I vaguly remember a Clayface signature.

Ok , I just remembered it being a real good edit & it looked similar to your sprite style. My bad, It must have been someone else, though.

(click to show/hide)

Offline L@nce Uppercut

• Initiate
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »
It's cool.

Of course, it's strange to think I actually have a style... ;D

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2009, 06:21:40 AM »
I remember a Clayface in a sig with a handful of other villains across from Batman and his crew. Not sure if that's the one you meant.

Aside from that, here's another take at a Grundy design that's WIPable.

Base is T. Hawk again but with Zangief's arms/boots. I think using Monk's arms would be a little too big, but I could try another design using Victor's arms/boots this time around.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2009, 01:43:48 PM »
I remember that one too , but the sig I am talking about was one very much like unlimited's where the characters flash. Clayface was in there with Robin, I thought. That's why I thought it was L@nce.  I don't know it's been awhile.

Anyway they new grundy looks good. But I think the arms look too big.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DrHellSpawn

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 03, 2023, 02:54:26 AM
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »
you guys just ruined my self esteem! :o nice work on clayface, both of you!

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2009, 08:26:33 PM »
T.Hawk Grundy is totally on to something, I think.

@ DocHellspawn - You're going for a TAS-straight design, and it looks great. We just went for different ways to make Clay's design kinda Capcom-y. Don't down your work - but thanks for noticing ours.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline ilovenatalie

• Last Login:March 19, 2010, 11:25:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2009, 11:35:53 PM »

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2009, 12:10:01 AM »
Using Victors arms
Could still use a little work, looks a little too much like T. Hawk. ;*))

Yea, I'm thinking the T. Hawk/Victor mix will work best as they're both very underused bases. So, that alone will make him stand out. I'll be trying an edit of that right now along with something else as well.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2009, 12:27:13 AM »
you guys just ruined my self esteem! :o nice work on clayface, both of you!

As a huge fan of Batman TAS series, even more so than the any of the comics.  I personally like your Clayface the best  :thumbsup:

Using Victors arms

I still think Victor's arms aren't proportioned. Isn't the one arm drastically bigger than the other ?

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal