collapse

Author Topic: A game & roster BEGGING to be MUGENized: WrestleMania The Arcade Game!  (Read 1284 times)

Offline GodzFire

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 08, 2023, 07:31:44 PM
  • Giggity
    • Email
There's one thing that I still can't believe no one has done; WWF WrestleMania The Arcade Game. For those who have never played it, check out the video below which pretty much sums up how awesome it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tod0bLkbZaA&feature=related#

HERE'S it's Wiki page.

I mean the characters are practically BEGGING to be MUGENized. The game was available on a bunch of systems: Arcade, Sega Mega Drive, SNES, PlayStation, Sega Saturn, PC, and Sega 32X. You really wouldn't even need to animate anything, just throw them all into Fighter Factory.

Please tell me someone will take this project up?  @^@ (PS What the heck is that? I love it for some reason)

Online Dissidia

• Newage Mugen Admin &
  • Stage Creator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:15:25 PM
  • Neigh
    • Skype - dissidia.mugen
    • Dissidia Creations
    • Email
 :D I remember playing this game back in 1995, probably one of the cheesiest wrestling games ever.

Now there is one character created, which is the Undertaker but he's pretty broken and unfinished.

BTW, your name seems familiar, were you in any wrestling forums by any chance?

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
Well first thing alot of mugen creators dont like people to ask them or tell them what to make, unless they ask for it.

Second do you know what it takes to make a fully functional mugen character? You cant just "throw" them all into fighter factory and expect for them to magically be transformed into a mugen character. You have to rip every sprite available,Code every move, and Make sure it is actually playable. Its not an easy task unless you know coding like the back of your hand.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
that emoticon is a Wolf hiding under a chair

Mugen creators do not like to be asked to create things

& ............

the system versions were terrible . SNES looked the best , but moved slow . Genesis graphix looked bad . Sega Saturn version was just a mess . The Playstation one was the closest to the arcade , but the load times were bad

I still play this Arcade game on Mame to this day . It's one of my favorites . i always considered it like a Mortal kombat game in the wrestling ring .

Except Undertaker was the only one who had a fatality . Then the WWF complained about it , so it was removed . I have the first version Rom on my So I can do it .

Anyway the Undertaker character has been made for Mugen . But I myself , would love to see a Razor Ramone character in mugen
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 05:58:25 PM by DARKTALBAIN »
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Hybasuku

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 23, 2013, 05:06:46 PM
  • Bullseye little Murdock!
    • Email
Except Undertaker was the only one who had a fatality . Then the WWF complained about it , so it was removed . I have the first version Rom on my So I can do it .

What was the "fatality"?
"Madness?  XD|| "
"Tonight blood tastes good!"-Hybasuku

Online Dissidia

• Newage Mugen Admin &
  • Stage Creator
  • Neigh
    • Skype - dissidia.mugen
    • Dissidia Creations
    • Email
What was the "fatality"?

Undertaker summons a casket under the wrestling ring, then he puts the opponent inside the casket, and buries you down the grave.

Yep its a cheesy fatality. :D

Offline GodzFire

• Initiate
  • Giggity
    • Email
First off, I'd like to say to xPreatorianx, DARKTALBAIN, and any others reading it; that I did not, in any way mean that to come off like I am demanding someone make these. If that is how you thought it to be I apologize. I just couldn't believe considering the nature of the MUGEN Vs game, that these perfect candidates haven't been done by someone.

Second, I know and can appreciate the time it takes to work on a character creation. I myself apparently am too dumb to even know how to properly change a portrait without screwing up half of my roster, (check the MUGEN Help section to see what I mean).

Third, since the sprites were ripped from Killer Instinct, the Arcade version, which is similar to Wrestlemania, I thought the same rules would apply.

Fourth, @ Dissidia, yes, I've been a wrestling fan for a long time, and have been on many forums: John's Wrestling Board, Desire Forums, Omega/oWo, ThemeTitan, theSledgeHammer, Zube, neXus, and AntDogs. My passion was collecting wrestling entrance themes, and was actually responsible for obtaining and releasing many. Could that be it?

Fifth, um, why is the wolf under the chair?  ;D

Online Dissidia

• Newage Mugen Admin &
  • Stage Creator
  • Neigh
    • Skype - dissidia.mugen
    • Dissidia Creations
    • Email
First off, I'd like to say to xPreatorianx, DARKTALBAIN, and any others reading it; that I did not, in any way mean that to come off like I am demanding someone make these. If that is how you thought it to be I apologize. I just couldn't believe considering the nature of the MUGEN Vs game, that these perfect candidates haven't been done by someone.

Second, I know and can appreciate the time it takes to work on a character creation. I myself apparently am too dumb to even know how to properly change a portrait without screwing up half of my roster, (check the MUGEN Help section to see what I mean).

Third, since the sprites were ripped from Killer Instinct, the Arcade version, which is similar to Wrestlemania, I thought the same rules would apply.

Fourth, @ Dissidia, yes, I've been a wrestling fan for a long time, and have been on many forums: John's Wrestling Board, Desire Forums, Omega/oWo, ThemeTitan, theSledgeHammer, Zube, neXus, and AntDogs. My passion was collecting wrestling entrance themes, and was actually responsible for obtaining and releasing many. Could that be it?

Fifth, um, why is the wolf under the chair?  ;D

OT: Damn you serious?  I used to go to Antdogs but got banned because apparently Steveo was a huge a$$ on me.:D

Offline GodzFire

• Initiate
  • Giggity
    • Email
Hah, what was the name you registered as.

Online Dissidia

• Newage Mugen Admin &
  • Stage Creator
  • Neigh
    • Skype - dissidia.mugen
    • Dissidia Creations
    • Email
DX Shawn Michaels, -JE_RI.CHO-, etc...

Yeah good times... :D

Offline GodzFire

• Initiate
  • Giggity
    • Email
Re: A game & roster BEGGING to be MUGENized: WrestleMania The Arcade Game!
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 02:38:20 PM »
Back to the topic, I heard a member by the name of KONG was the one who ripped all the sprites from the Arcade version of Killer Instinct. I'm just wondering if he is still around or someone would try to do the same for the WrestleMania game. One of the biggest roadblocks I think is that the sprites aren't even available for someone to try to do something with them.

Hell, I'd even try to put a char together if I had those, although I'd make no promises on the quality, heh :-P

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
Re: A game & roster BEGGING to be MUGENized: WrestleMania The Arcade Game!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 10:27:17 PM »
What is good Infinity!!? I've been gone for a very long time and I love how this community is still going!! I gotta build my mugen aagain LOL!! But back on the subject, I thought WWF In Your House was the one with the fatalities? But I too would like to see these guys on mugen!!

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline GodzFire

• Initiate
  • Giggity
    • Email
Sorry to necro bump this, however it IS my thread so.....yea.

Just wondering if anyone knows any new updates on the possibility of this stuff getting ripped. I'm still curious how the Killer Instinct Arcade rendered sprites were extracted.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Sorry to necro bump this, however it IS my thread so.....yea.

Just wondering if anyone knows any new updates on the possibility of this stuff getting ripped. I'm still curious how the Killer Instinct Arcade rendered sprites were extracted.

I think the sprites have been ripped, just no one cares to make these characters for mugen. Where as Killer Instinct has a bigger fan following KIIIIIIIIILLLER COOOOOMBO!!!!!
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal