collapse

Author Topic: Soul Caliber, Tiny Characters and Balance in general  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
Soul Caliber, Tiny Characters and Balance in general
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 02:20:51 AM »
..........Just give it up, they will justify him not being broken, unbalanced, etc no matter how many flaws we point out. And this is not the first time. It's like they need an excuse to use overly broken and abusive chars in any game period. Give me a break.

Atleast DT admits he uses those type of characters for those purposes alone knowing damn well they are.
@Syn it is alright man relax, i do not use these so called broken chars and saying all this as an excuse to just use them. I am just trying to clarify that yoda or spamming chars can be beaten and yes it makes the game boring but it is not like you fight yoda every day like you do on sf4 with ken, ryu and akuma. Basically i agree with you on what you and others are saying but at the same time just remember they are in the game and if they bother you just completely obliterate them or just kick them out.

On topic: There was a rumor that more info on mk9 or whatever was to be released at this year's E3, let's just hope they pull through this time [-O<

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 02:42:12 AM »
actually, the reason I don't play SCIV online is because every fight was either yoda, taki, or cervantes.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 02:49:42 AM »
actually, the reason I don't play SCIV online is because every fight was either yoda, taki, or cervantes.
That sucks sorry man.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 02:55:13 AM »
You should try Mk VS , Dc then

It's either Scorpion or flash

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Akeme

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 03:20:41 AM »
You should try Mk VS , Dc then

It's either Scorpion or flash
True so true ;)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 03:27:29 AM »
I learned my lesson REALLY FAST with that game.

It was ironic because my main characters were flash, green lantern, and captain marvel. It was funny because every time I picked flash people would drop, and I didn't know why until I started playing as the other two and fought like eight flashes in a row.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 03:30:30 AM »

It was ironic because my main characters were flash, green lantern, and captain marvel. It was funny because every time I picked flash people would drop, and I didn't know why until I started playing as the other two and fought like eight flashes in a row.
Hhahahah

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 05:50:33 AM »

Not only that everytime i picked flash people seemed to always pick scorpion.

Why?

Because They spam there inferno attack and since flash has no Projectile moves The flash player might as well quit the match.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 10:29:59 AM »
@Syn it is alright man relax, i do not use these so called broken chars and saying all this as an excuse to just use them. I am just trying to clarify that yoda or spamming chars can be beaten and yes it makes the game boring but it is not like you fight yoda every day like you do on sf4 with ken, ryu and akuma. Basically i agree with you on what you and others are saying but at the same time just remember they are in the game and if they bother you just completely obliterate them or just kick them out.

On topic: There was a rumor that more info on mk9 or whatever was to be released at this year's E3, let's just hope they pull through this time [-O<

yoda in soul calibur was just like how gon was in tekken 3. Hes beatable but u have to work harder to beat him then any other character which makes them cheap.. And i know flash is cheap but i don think scorpion is too cheap. A game needs to be well balanced everyone has to have a certain balance. Having a tiny @ss strong @ss character not really balanced im sure u would think the same thing if someone hacked yoda into the game and u fought him..

Offline mastamasta

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 26, 2010, 01:54:40 PM
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »
lol look at you guys.....do you really need to be handed everything...a challange is what makes the game good....you call it broken or cheesy becuase your character cant do what your opponent does. get ya game up..lol

>:-(-|

who has MK vs DC for xbox360....hit him up with your gamertag...and well get some matchs going.

Post Merge: March 25, 2009, 10:48:48 AM
Not only that everytime i picked flash people seemed to always pick scorpion.

Why?

Because They spam there inferno attack and since flash has no Projectile moves The flash player might as well quit the match.

???? i dont know about that...if you let someone spam you with that attack, then your an idiot..straight up.

Sorry to say , You are warned for this . Debating is one thing , insulting other members by " name calling "  is a whole different story .

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 10:52:58 AM »
lol look at you guys.....do you really need to be handed everything...a challange is what makes the game good....you call it broken or cheesy becuase your character cant do what your opponent does. get ya game up..lol

who has MK vs DC for xbox360....hit him up with your gamertag...and well get some matchs going.

???? i dont know about that...if you let someone spam you with that attack, then your an idiot..straight up.

well its broken when one character has a huge advantage or handicap over everyone else... Plus its the fact that everyone tries to say hes not broken its not the fact that they are picking them. They just wont admit that he's not broken. They always gotta make excuses for them.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 04:08:40 PM »

:D Your acting like you'll stop someone from using that attack.
What can flash do when scorp does that Nothing it's common sense.
stop trying to school everyone and out yourself in higher position.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 09:16:24 PM »
Gon was another character that shouldn't have been in a fighting game. same with Dr. Boskonowhatever. Like I keep saying, a character doesn't need to have a advantage or disadvantage necessarily for him to break the gameplay. People throw the word "broken" around too much when talking about cheap characters. Shao Kahn in MK3 is broken, because nothing phases him when it should. Magneto in MVC2 IS NOT broken, just because he has a ridiculous air combo reset ect. If you make a fighting system, all of your characters need to adhere to it. Look at brawl. you have all sorts of weird people from all sorts of weird games and universes, but they all follow the same rules. Sure there are small characters in that game, but it's not like 90 percent of the attacks in the game go over their head like small characters in most other games.

It's not a challenge to be unable to play a game the way it's meant to be played. If you and I were to play, and we both picked normal characters, and played our best, that would be one thing, but this is entirely different.

and mastamasta, don't come up in a topic like that and insult everyone just for having a discussion. that's plain childish.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 10:24:39 PM »
Gon was another character that shouldn't have been in a fighting game. same with Dr. Boskonowhatever. Like I keep saying, a character doesn't need to have a advantage or disadvantage necessarily for him to break the gameplay. People throw the word "broken" around too much when talking about cheap characters. Shao Kahn in MK3 is broken, because nothing phases him when it should. Magneto in MVC2 IS NOT broken, just because he has a ridiculous air combo reset ect. If you make a fighting system, all of your characters need to adhere to it. Look at brawl. you have all sorts of weird people from all sorts of weird games and universes, but they all follow the same rules. Sure there are small characters in that game, but it's not like 90 percent of the attacks in the game go over their head like small characters in most other games.

It's not a challenge to be unable to play a game the way it's meant to be played. If you and I were to play, and we both picked normal characters, and played our best, that would be one thing, but this is entirely different.

and mastamasta, don't come up in a topic like that and insult everyone just for having a discussion. that's plain childish.
in brawl the best most cheapest character is metaknight. he breaks the rules in a variety of ways with minimal to 0 zero lag moves and killing low percentages moves that override everyones attacks and end in no lag. they tried to balance him by making him light weight but that doesnt matter since his DI can sometimes net him the possibity of lasting longer that most characters.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »
He's cheap, but he still follows the rules of the game. it's not like the game won't let you throw him or something, you know what I mean?

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 11:28:18 PM »
yeah but at the same time normal tap hits that hit him take off considerable damage

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 11:30:15 PM »
I don't think MK is cheap, He gets handled really easily :x

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2009, 11:34:01 PM »
..........Just give it up, they will justify him not being broken, unbalanced, etc no matter how many flaws we point out. And this is not the first time. It's like they need an excuse to use overly broken and abusive chars in any game period. Give me a break.

Atleast DT admits he uses those type of characters for those purposes alone knowing damn well they are.

My excuse is when someone talks to much smack & gets under my skin . I bring out Yoda lol

Time for the broken beat down .

(click to show/hide)

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline mastamasta

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 26, 2010, 01:54:40 PM
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2009, 09:05:11 AM »
well its broken when one character has a huge advantage or handicap over everyone else... Plus its the fact that everyone tries to say hes not broken its not the fact that they are picking them. They just wont admit that he's not broken. They always gotta make excuses for them.

first off...i dont use yoda....namco WONT release a broken character...its just broken to you guys cause you cant beat him. thats not my fault.

:D Your acting like you'll stop someone from using that attack.
What can flash do when scorp does that Nothing it's common sense.
stop trying to school everyone and out yourself in higher position.

yes you will stop someone from using it, its called a low kick. i dont need to school anyone...this is the internet and a video game website, i cant even see how i would gain a higher position by telling you how to play your game....if you consistenly run into scorpion when he is doing that, than there is something wrong with you, and you need to learn how to play...i cant imagine someone running into his inferno attack a whole match...lol i would laugh if i saw that. i wasnt disrespecting you in general, i was just saying IN GENERAL...you would have to be an idiot to keep running into the same move over and over again...especially when it takes him like a second to do the move, you can see it coming from a mile away.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2009, 01:07:34 PM »
I don't think MK is cheap, He gets handled really easily :x
not really. its only easy if someone doesnt know how to use him. but if you face against the like of say mew2king who is number 1 or 2 in the world then you will see how fast and easy meta can flow into one attack after another laglessly. marth is a good counter for him but the only other one is game and watch. it all depends on whos using and how they use him. meta clearly has the advantage over all the other characters. the only marth stands a chance is cuz of his counter move and speed.

on topic: i just wish they had gone with a more original cast with some new mk characters instead of DC ppl

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2009, 08:11:03 PM »
first off...i dont use yoda....namco WONT release a broken character...its just broken to you guys cause you cant beat him. thats not my fault.

what stops namco form releasing a broken character?

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2009, 02:20:21 AM »
what stops namco form releasing a broken character?
It's fans?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »
True. Fans run the show because namco unlike most companies listen to their fans. I mean take tekken 6 for example...when it came out certain characters were over powered in the ppl opinions so namco started working on tekken 6 br which has changed damaged values for more balance. So yeah we the fans stop broken characters and we force them too fix what is broken. Yoda obviously isnt broken so thats why he hasnt been fixed.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2009, 12:57:17 PM »
True. Fans run the show because namco unlike most companies listen to their fans. I mean take tekken 6 for example...when it came out certain characters were over powered in the ppl opinions so namco started working on tekken 6 br which has changed damaged values for more balance. So yeah we the fans stop broken characters and we force them too fix what is broken. Yoda obviously isnt broken so thats why he hasnt been fixed.

A more false statement has never been made when it comes to this game . I really think Namco just wants to give up on this latest installment of Soul Calibur because of the Vader fiasco . Darth Vader is on the 360 disc . A hacker showed vids of him playing as Vader on 360 . Namco threatend him to take the vid down . I looked at the files on the disc & there are Vader files . So everyone was mad that they would have to pay for Vader as Downloadable content even though he is already on the disc . Namco still hasn't released Vader as far as I know . So Soul Calibur with Star Wars characters is a " write off " an experimant gone bad .

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2009, 01:09:43 PM »
so are u saying that we cant keep namco from producing cheapness????? When they have already fixed so many cheap infinites sc and fixed the tekken system if its up and coming game because the fans wanted it to be changed? That statement is not false. If you read into it then you will see. Namco wise the fans dictate whether or not some stuff will be changed or not. By now if its in the game its not cheap. Just because a few ppl cant deal with it doesnt make it cheap

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar