collapse

Author Topic: About Mugen Creations Being Made So Far  (Read 1911 times)

Offline battlesphere

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 19, 2009, 03:02:10 PM
About Mugen Creations Being Made So Far
« on: March 03, 2009, 09:24:26 PM »
Ok guys, I have seen many Mugen Discussion topics in many Mugen related sites many times and because of it, I have to say something.

There are many people who are saying Mugen isn't gonna last long and they have no idea why. Well if you're one of the people creating crossover games, that's part of the reason. Almost every mugen site I go to has continuations of crossovers that used to be on video game systems. But the one that has really been bothering me lately is Marvel vs Capcom.

I'm not saying that I hate Marvel vs Capcom, it's just that there are so many people doing that and I bet most Mugen players eventually get tired of that.

What I'm trying to say is, come up with a more original crossover! I mean if I can do it, so can you guys.

Take what the people at scruffydragon are working on for example, DC vs Marvel. Sure the two companies made a comic book of it, but the people at scruffydragon have turned that series into a Mugen video game. They even given it a unique gameplay. And I give them credit for it. So for those of you from scruffydragon, congradulations.

And there are also people who are making Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter a Mugen reality after the videos they've seen by proxicide.

But seriously folks, I know Marvel vs Capcom, Capcom vs SNK, SVC CHAOS, and other old crossover games were cool and all, but could we give those places a rest? I mean there's probably a reason why they don't make sequals for those games anymore.

Do a different crossover for a change. What kind of crossover you ask? I don't know, anything. Do Capcom vs Nintendo or something, it doesn't matter. Just enough with the Marvel vs Capcom already. I think eveyone's done enough over the years.

I mean I'm not trying to offend everyone (Even though I sure as hell know I'm going to recieve hate letters after what I just said), but I felt I should say this. And I'm not trying to tell everyone to stop creating stuff for Marvel vs Capcom projects either, all I'm saying is that everyone should start coming up with more original crossovers.

I hope that I made a good point to most of you after what I said here today. Thank you for your time.

This is for those who thought I wasn't gonna do anything.
Andrew-the-Hedgehog's deviantART gallery

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
Re: About Mugen Creations Being Made So Far
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 09:53:40 PM »
Like I always say, you want something done you have to do it yourself..

If you really think about it DC vs Marvel is still a MvC game but with DC characters so that really isnt something original...

Those MKvsSF videos arent even mugen related...

If they were to really make a MKvsSF mugen project I hope they make it capcom style and not that mk3 vs sf3 sprites they always use.
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 10:15:57 PM »
alot of people liked marvel vs capcom, its cartoon style graphics and easy to play hard to master gameplay is now legendary amongst many gamers. It set standards for creators of mugen for alot of work here is based on marvel vs capcom where standards are still set, even after ten years.

there are many many characters for mugen amongst king of fighters, eternal champions, and even not so playable versions of beavis and butthead. to this day there are original characters that deserve praise *try out seanality's solid snake and Rorschach!* but there a comes a saying: "if its not broke, don't fix it" sure there are many alternatives, but in a good portion of mugen *namely here and scruffy dragon* MvC is the standard for accessible, re-playable, and a fun fighting game.

I agree we see alot of MvC related content, but i doubt any of us here want to steer away from that anytime soon.  :)
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:26:36 PM »
What I'm trying to say is, come up with a more original crossover! I mean if I can do it, so can you guys.
you can?  :(|)

and by "can" I mean sprite, code, blahblahblah. Anyone can come up with a crazy idea, but it's the truly talented who take an idea and make something out of it.

New ideas, huh..

Oh, wait, I've got one coming right now. ok, here it is:

Dr. Seuss Vs. Image Comics

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 10:52:35 PM »
New ideas, huh..

Oh, wait, I've got one coming right now. ok, here it is:

Dr. Seuss Vs. Image Comics

:D

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 11:32:49 PM »
There are many people who are saying Mugen isn't gonna last long and they have no idea why.

Oh no...no this subject again...

Listen..I'm here for 10 YEARS...10 years. I had heard that THOUSAND times....but Mugen is still here.  This is an excuse from people that can't program.

Well if you're one of the people creating crossover games, that's part of the reason.

This is riciculous.

So, if we do content for the engine...we are contributing to its end? Very "smart".
I bet most Mugen players eventually get tired of that.

There is an old rule: if you don't like a char, DELETE IT. Its quite simple.

I mean if I can do it, so can you guys.

Oh, you can? So DO SOMETHING and stop talking...isn't better that way?

And I give them credit for it. So for those of you from scruffydragon, congradulations.

What is the matter? On WHAT a DC versus is different from a Marvel versus? Nothing. And I got the idea...if you do prefer Scruffy, you can go there so. That is a gret project, for sure, but is a versul game, like all others.

And there are also people who are making Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter a Mugen reality after the videos they've seen by proxicide.

man, sorry If I sound rude...but you're getting a little weird...

So, a full game with chars were the graphics DOENS'T match...is good, while a CAPCOM vs something, were the graphics DO MATCH, is crap? Oh, give me a break.

I was part of a MK vs SF project on the past, were we used SF the Movie sprites, to match MK sprites. THAT is good, not mixing digitalized chars with pixel chars.

So, buddy, I think you're totally wrong in many aspects.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 11:44:18 PM »
I think this first poster has inspired me to greatness . Get ready for my full game project guys .

Mortal Kombat vs Barney & the Teletubbies .

The great thing about my game is , Barney or the teletubbies have no moves . They just get slaughtered by the MK characters   :DxDie

Anyway , I agree with what people are saying . The ultimate MK vs Capcom to me would be if the MK characters were sprited like Capcom style .

I personally do not see anyone hating on Marvel vs Capcom . You praise scruffy . DC vs Marvel is the same thing basically . In 2020 you will realize that .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 11:53:21 PM »
Mortal Kombat vs Barney & the Teletubbies .

hahahaha. wonderful idea.

And put som symbiont/evil/orochi/shin/God/demon chars too :)

Offline aquelegordo1

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 05, 2018, 06:38:05 PM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 11:57:26 PM »
hahahaha. wonderful idea.

And put som symbiont/evil/orochi/shin/God/demon chars too :)

hey Ilu,you forgot zombie/ssj5/with divin armor.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 11:59:03 PM »
oh yeah! Zombie is the new wave :)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 12:29:39 AM »
Someome please name another "Marvel vs Capcom" project, please.

X-men 2 - Nope, all X-men Characters.

Marvel Super Heroes 2 - nope, only marvel.

Street Fighter Alpha 4 - nope, only Capcom.

War of Attrition - again, no.

Megaman-XR - do I even need to?

So where are all these other MvC projects that are saturating MUGEN that you speak of?
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 12:50:05 AM »
i understand what hes saying he means why make a full game of something that allready exists and i have to be honest here i always have thought this and still do in a way BUT this mvc game isnt using just chars from mvc the creators made hole new chars completley but i must admit im slightly getting tired of of the mvc STYLED (that includes marvel vs dc,war of attrtion,mvc3,marvel3) stuff lol but thats just me and i HIGHLY doubt this would end mugen if anything itll be the elitists at other forums that want everything to be EXACTLEY the same as the game the sprites from god help you if you make an mvc geese and take out his regular reppuken lol anyway i and im sure alot others would love to see some extremely original games (PDC) but to say thats what end mugen is just not logical thinking as o ilu said its been here for ten years i doubt itll go away anyvtime soon
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:55:10 AM by greatmuta »

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 12:55:57 AM »
Ok I have one question. If marvel vs capcom projects are ruining mugen, why do so many people download them?

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 12:57:41 AM »
Ok I have one question. If marvel vs capcom projects are ruining mugen, why do so many people download them?
lol OWNED

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 01:21:02 AM »

damn muta, he nailed your paragraph in one sentance.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Zerok_116

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 06, 2016, 05:37:25 PM
  • sprite by "DooM" and Avy by "R-15"
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 01:22:02 AM »
Oh no...no this subject again...

Listen..I'm here for 10 YEARS...10 years. I had heard that THOUSAND times....but Mugen is still here.  This is an excuse from people that can't program.

This is riciculous.

So, if we do content for the engine...we are contributing to its end? Very "smart".
There is an old rule: if you don't like a char, DELETE IT. Its quite simple.

Oh, you can? So DO SOMETHING and stop talking...isn't better that way?

What is the matter? On WHAT a DC versus is different from a Marvel versus? Nothing. And I got the idea...if you do prefer Scruffy, you can go there so. That is a gret project, for sure, but is a versul game, like all others.

man, sorry If I sound rude...but you're getting a little weird...

So, a full game with chars were the graphics DOENS'T match...is good, while a CAPCOM vs something, were the graphics DO MATCH, is crap? Oh, give me a break.

I was part of a MK vs SF project on the past, were we used SF the Movie sprites, to match MK sprites. THAT is good, not mixing digitalized chars with pixel chars.

So, buddy, I think you're totally wrong in many aspects.

=D> ^^(PM)^ =D>

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 01:34:05 AM »
damn muta, he nailed your paragraph in one sentance.
>_> you do know he was talking to the first guy and i never said it was destroying mugen i think you need to reread my post

Offline battlesphere

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 19, 2009, 03:02:10 PM
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 02:29:02 AM »

I'm not saying MvC is ruining Mugen. If I did, I wouldn't of said I don't hate it. Infact, Mega Man was always my favorite character in the first and second game. I'm saying that the fact that others aren't creating original crossovers is.

If I know most people well enough, most people would want to mainly play with something they never heard of before. I bet that if someone brought in a crossover nobody would dare to try, it might bring more people back to mugen. I'm not saying this for any personal gain, I'm just saying this because Mugen is a cool program and I'd like it to last. ::salute::

Sure people are downloading MvC stuff from mugen sites like this, but because it is mainly an upgrade of an idea that existed before, it loses some people's interest. And sometime in the future (Maybe about two or five more years), that amount will drop. :o

I don't want to see that happen even though nobody wants to help me forfill my creations and prefer me to be a lone wolf. @^@

That's why I know SatAS won't exist, because it's a continuation of something that died long ago. Believe me, I hate to admit that. :'(

Post Merge: March 04, 2009, 02:42:15 AM
i understand what hes saying he means why make a full game of something that allready exists and i have to be honest here i always have thought this and still do in a way BUT this mvc game isnt using just chars from mvc the creators made hole new chars completley but i must admit im slightly getting tired of of the mvc STYLED (that includes marvel vs dc,war of attrtion,mvc3,marvel3) stuff lol but thats just me and i HIGHLY doubt this would end mugen if anything itll be the elitists at other forums that want everything to be EXACTLEY the same as the game the sprites from god help you if you make an mvc geese and take out his regular reppuken lol anyway i and im sure alot others would love to see some extremely original games (PDC) but to say thats what end mugen is just not logical thinking as o ilu said its been here for ten years i doubt itll go away anyvtime soon
^^(PM)^

Finally, someone who sees eye to eye. =D> Thank you. :w00t:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:42:15 AM by battlesphere »
This is for those who thought I wasn't gonna do anything.
Andrew-the-Hedgehog's deviantART gallery

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 02:39:56 PM »

There are plenty of KOF and CVS projects in progress, too.  :-??

Heck, there's a SHMUP game that looks nothing like MUGEN called Babel Sword. You want to see something original for the engine, check that out.

On a side note, I doubt mugen will ever "end". People are still out there programming Amiga games for fun, and that sounds a whole lot less interesting than our little gig.

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »

Heck, there's a SHMUP game that looks nothing like MUGEN called Babel Sword. You want to see something original for the engine, check that out.

On a side note, I doubt mugen will ever "end". People are still out there programming Amiga games for fun, and that sounds a whole lot less interesting than our little gig.
im not really into those either lol but i have seen this babel sword i might try it out soon looks interesting but yeah i dont think itll be gone either but what i was meaning was IF it does end up failing itll be because purists but to be honest i dont think its even possible to destroy mugen as its not a system thats paid for so its not gonna go bankrupt lol and if someone out there likes it its never gonna die cause he'll/she'll get others intrigued in it its like skateboarding in the 80s it was real popular then 90s it started to fade but there were those few skaters that kept it alive and it is now what it is today

Offline MirageAtoli

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 13, 2011, 03:25:23 AM
  • Oh, my Paws and Whiskers!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 03:52:17 PM »

That is programming for fun, and not so much as designing a game that is that is meant to be enjoyable.

OBJECTION. Alot of capcom games have mismatching graphics as in the case of Morrigan.

I do agree that the lesser known, more varied games get less esposure.

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
That is programming for fun, and not so much as designing a game that is that is meant to be enjoyable.
o.O#

they're pretty much the same thing, bro. I'd hope you guys are out there making chars for fun and not slaving away "designing a playable game". by "for fun" I mean "for free".

The games I spoke of are extremely enjoyable and far more stable than our beloved MUGEN, though I still prefer the latter.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 06:32:44 PM »
Sometimes you have to create what you want . There are alot of comic fans out there . Hence why people create characters from comcs . Because we don't get paid for this , we spend long hours making a character , & it's more or less a " labor of love " . So we make what we enjoy . I've always been a comic fan , hence I will make comic book characters .

@ O Ilusionista

Th MK characters will all be evil , shin, orochi ,  godlike , zombies , that have symbiotes on them , that transform into demons with super armor .

The teletubbies & Barney , well ......

They will just die .  ;*))

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Reza

• MVCR
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 02, 2011, 12:25:35 AM
  • I Come To Suck Your Blood
    • Reza's Mugen Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 06:36:13 PM »
But seriously folks, I know Marvel vs Capcom, Capcom vs SNK, SVC CHAOS, and other old crossover games were cool and all, but could we give those places a rest? I mean there's probably a reason why they don't make sequals for those games anymore.

Um... all i have to say is your wrong. 8-} There is Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes, that's 2 new games plus there is a rumor going around about another one called some Anime company vs. Marvel. Its first going to be an Anime and if it goes well then they will turn it into a game.

If my calculations are correct that's 3 new Versus Series games. :DxDie

My Website: Untitled Document

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 07:49:21 PM »
easy guys..give the dude a break.

i admit, i got bored of mvc styled characters myself and i wont probably make another mvc styled character but mugen isn't all about mvc you know..i mean you can build a cvs game by using warsukai3's only characters, or a pocket fighters game using kongs pockets, cyber bots, mk..etc
then again what's new about building a cvs game, svc or whatever..
mk vs sf is a dream come true? i'm sure you know that these flash videos gameplay wont be translated o the limited mugen engine as it is right now, so puting together a screen pack with the unmatched sprites of sf and mk and giving ryu a hadouken fatality, zangief a babality and gouki a friendship move isn't really new cus simply this way it will be an MK game with ryu and ken in it = mugen lol

mugen wont die as long as there are new 2d fighting games being released, new sprites, ideas and gameplay mechanics..if 2d games die mugen will get boring yes but it wont die cus then ppl will be making different versions of the same characters over and over or even drawing new sprites and characters to keep things fresh.
some ppl are actually trying to improve on mugen by making new mugen clones with new futures and additions...this alone if gets done will surly give mugen a very long life span.
also new ppl are introduced to mugen like everyday as well as new mugen creators creating new stuff.

thing is creators chose to focus on the gameplay style they like the most...ppl like mvc so that's why you see a lot of them being made.
as for dc vs marvel game, well basically it still is mvc with dc instead, so not much new here as well.
here are many projects being worked on around the mugen community like O Illu wip pocket game and the sf2 nes game released a while back.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 06:15:02 AM by Mr.47 »
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar