collapse

Author Topic: Some People Art[New Pic]  (Read 494 times)

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
Some People Art[New Pic]
« on: December 03, 2008, 11:15:48 PM »
hey i tried editing some of my friends pics XD im still a noob at this but i tried

heres another 1 i just did

;---

now remember im still a noob at this XD
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:22:30 PM by EXShadow »

»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Doctor Crow

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 30, 2009, 06:20:02 PM
  • Sony for life.
    • My DeviantART page
    • Email
Re: Some People Art
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 12:34:27 AM »
I'm going to try to speak from an artist's perspective here.

The first two are very successful, regardless of prior experience that you may or may not have.  In the first one, Chelsea, as i'm assuming she's called, looks very relaxed, a tone that is further helped to be set by the fact that she's holding a kitten in her arm, and the background matches.  The second one works for the same reason.  Kaiser's eyes, to me, read as something intense, which matches both the angle that the photograph of him was taken at and the background, which I must say was done very nicely.

Now, onto the third one.  I'm not going to lie, this one confuses me very much.  The background and the person, Michelle, have two conflicting moods and tones.  The background is all WHOAMIGODcrazy, with the swirling, hurricane-like pattern detailed by the streaks of lightning.  While this goes nicely with the way you arranged and decorated her name, it seems to be in stark contrast (in a not so successful way) to her expression, which doesn't appear all that serious to begin with, let alone extreme or intense.  I think it would be more successful if you either re-did the name and background on it, or get another shot of Michelle and tell her to put on her war face.

All in all though, very nice attempt, and I look forward to seeing your future work.   :)
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Doctor_Crow
The Super Smash Bros games are NOT fighting games, they're party games dressed up like fighting games.  Nintendo needs to stay away from fighters.

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Get serious.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 07:45:30 AM »
I'm going to try to speak from an artist's perspective here.

The first two are very successful, regardless of prior experience that you may or may not have.  In the first one, Chelsea, as i'm assuming she's called, looks very relaxed, a tone that is further helped to be set by the fact that she's holding a kitten in her arm, and the background matches.  The second one works for the same reason.  Kaiser's eyes, to me, read as something intense, which matches both the angle that the photograph of him was taken at and the background, which I must say was done very nicely.

Now, onto the third one.  I'm not going to lie, this one confuses me very much.  The background and the person, Michelle, have two conflicting moods and tones.  The background is all WHOAMIGODcrazy, with the swirling, hurricane-like pattern detailed by the streaks of lightning.  While this goes nicely with the way you arranged and decorated her name, it seems to be in stark contrast (in a not so successful way) to her expression, which doesn't appear all that serious to begin with, let alone extreme or intense.  I think it would be more successful if you either re-did the name and background on it, or get another shot of Michelle and tell her to put on her war face.

All in all though, very nice attempt, and I look forward to seeing your future work.   :)
okay cool thnx for your feedback 8D
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Captain Cold

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
  • Never Kill a Speedster
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 02:21:40 PM »
good job just keep practicing and trying different tutorials your off to a great start  :)

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Get serious.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »
thanks i was actually doing that this very moment  :P i was gonna make some more
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Get serious.
Re: Some People Art[New Pic]
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »

»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Doctor Crow

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 30, 2009, 06:20:02 PM
  • Sony for life.
    • My DeviantART page
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 11:29:13 PM »

<Pic of 'Garra'>

Very very nice.  I see you're understanding what I meant about the moods complimenting each other. =)

Now, on this piece, i'd like to speak about a principle of design called unity, which basically means that every part of the image is working together with every other part of the image.  The object in the background on the right third of the picture (a speaker by the looks of it) slightly detracts from an otherwise awesome piece because it's distracting to the eye, which means the unity, and balance, are slightly off-key.  Other than that, though, very nice work, and I look forward to your future works!   :)
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Doctor_Crow
The Super Smash Bros games are NOT fighting games, they're party games dressed up like fighting games.  Nintendo needs to stay away from fighters.

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Get serious.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 11:34:51 PM »
Very very nice.  I see you're understanding what I meant about the moods complimenting each other. =)

Now, on this piece, i'd like to speak about a principle of design called unity, which basically means that every part of the image is working together with every other part of the image.  The object in the background on the right third of the picture (a speaker by the looks of it) slightly detracts from an otherwise awesome piece because it's distracting to the eye, which means the unity, and balance, are slightly off-key.  Other than that, though, very nice work, and I look forward to your future works!   :)
thnx man ill take that into mind ill see if i can make a few changes
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[Today at 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[Today at 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[Today at 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11