collapse

Author Topic: Poll: PS3 or Wii?  (Read 1671 times)

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:October 22, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
  • Back from the Ether
    • shinrahunter  *or* TwoDrunkDudes
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
Re: Poll: PS3 or Wii?
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2008, 04:30:43 AM »
why what?
I just don't think this is the thread for an all out console war. get back to your wiifit!

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2008, 04:50:02 AM »
why what?
I just don't think this is the thread for an all out console war. get back to your wiifit!

facepalm.jpg

failed troll.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2008, 05:30:29 AM »
jog on lmfao.

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »
Ah, I give up on this subject. My final words.....?

95% of the Wii's games are mini games that wont stand the test of time.
Oh and the metroid prime games are boring.

Wow...

I suppose I should expect such simple-mindedness on the Internets.  I bet you think Nintendo games are kiddy, too, right?  Oh, but you're no Nintendo hater.  You just think Super Mario Galaxy isn't a game worth mentioning as a good Wii title.  Yeah, good job.  A lot of people will listen to you that way.  I suppose Schindler's List is also not worth mentioning as a good movie, either.

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2008, 05:02:02 PM »
As a matter of fact I don't think Nintendo games are kiddy, they've made some wicked games over the years that I will play for a long time to come. It's just that sadly they're only really aiming at the casual gamers. The small handful of games you mentioned above is but a drop in the ocean when compared with the endless amount of minigames the wii offers.

Everybody in my office owns a wii, they think that having a steering wheel to play a game is revolutionary. It's only doing so well because it's cheap. If the PS3 or 360 were at a closer price bracket it wouldn't have sold half as many units.

Anyway, I don't want to be accused of spamming this poor guys thread, so if youwanna continue this discussion I suggest we move over to here> best console thread<
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=15437.msg186250#new
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 05:12:33 PM by shinrahunter »

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »
Everybody in my office owns a wii, they think that having a steering wheel to play a game is revolutionary. It's only doing so well because it's cheap. If the PS3 or 360 were at a closer price bracket it wouldn't have sold half as many.
Errrrr...... o.O# o.O#

Steering Wheels are ancient as it has been used in the GT game series 10 years ago! I bet there were wheels before that too.

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2008, 06:43:41 PM »
There were, that's my point!
They THINK it's revolutaionary - because they aren't 'hardcore' gamers.
i've been gaming fo the past18 years or so, so to me it's (very) old hat, but to the people the wii is aimed at it's amazing.
You should hear them, day after long drawn out day, it's just sad that such a gaming giant has done what they've done.

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Ook ook!
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2008, 09:48:32 PM »
The point is, there is a plethora of games on the Wii that aren't just "minigames."  The problem is that more games are being released for the Wii.  It's the same problem the PS faced when it was up against the N64.  There were few games for the N64 but they were often times excellent.  The PS, on the other hand, had a mess of GARBAGE titles and RELATIVELY few noticeable titles.  The roles of Sony and Nintendo are just reversed now.  It's not a question of Nintendo catering to casual gamers or not.  Nintendo themselves have released Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Twilight Princess, etc. (you get the list by now) and are mostly games that are NOT catering towards the casual gamer.  It's mostly the third party developers that are releasing the casual games to make that quick buck.

Again, this is still in the realm of Wii and PS3.  This whole time, I haven't really considered the 360 so I think the conversation is still appropriate for the thread.  I'm not arguing the Wii is better than the PS3.  I'm arguing the logic you're using AGAINST the Wii in order to give the Wii a fair chance in this thread (though really, I don't think I have to defend it since most people are voting for it anyway).

My MUGEN site.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2008, 09:57:19 PM »
Well if mario kart for the Wii is the first racing game they ever played then they got nothin' compared to this 16 year old gamer who earned his own 60GB PS3 last summer doing a part time job which costed a good five hundred out of his own pocket. He enjoyed racing GT5P which is a realistic racing simulation video game.

BTW, thrid-person FTW(look it up).

Your post is chock full of personal bias and hatred towards people who are fueling the industry so you can get your little system, Mr. "16 year old gamer".
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2008, 01:40:58 AM »
I'm all for the Wii, it's easly my fav but I'm pretty upset that SFIV, SSFIIHDRemix, MKvDC and every other fighting game comming out isn't slated for the Wii yet...

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2008, 05:23:31 AM »
The point is, there is a plethora of games on the Wii that aren't just "minigames."  The problem is that more games are being released for the Wii.  It's the same problem the PS faced when it was up against the N64.  There were few games for the N64 but they were often times excellent.  The PS, on the other hand, had a mess of GARBAGE titles and RELATIVELY few noticeable titles.  The roles of Sony and Nintendo are just reversed now.  It's not a question of Nintendo catering to casual gamers or not.  Nintendo themselves have released Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Twilight Princess, etc. (you get the list by now) and are mostly games that are NOT catering towards the casual gamer.  It's mostly the third party developers that are releasing the casual games to make that quick buck.

Again, this is still in the realm of Wii and PS3.  This whole time, I haven't really considered the 360 so I think the conversation is still appropriate for the thread.  I'm not arguing the Wii is better than the PS3.  I'm arguing the logic you're using AGAINST the Wii in order to give the Wii a fair chance in this thread (though really, I don't think I have to defend it since most people are voting for it anyway).

^^(PM)^ ^^(PM)^

a very good point. That is what I was trying to get across, that there are so many filler type games on the system that they swamp the shelves. I would like nothing more than for nintendo's little console to reclaim the glory that Nintendo once held but they need some third party support and they just don't have it ( disregarding the filler/ minigame type stuff).
This is why it said that, for me, it fails. Maybe I should've worded it better as in, it fails to attract me.
And yes, I think this is still in the realms of the thread as the guy who started it already owns a 360, hence no mention of it in our posts :)

Offline nick09

• Contributor
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2008, 01:11:32 PM »
Well if mario kart for the Wii is the first racing game they ever played then they got nothin' compared to this 16 year old gamer who earned his own 60GB PS3 last summer doing a part time job which costed a good five hundred out of his own pocket. He enjoyed racing GT5P which is a realistic racing simulation video game.

BTW, thrid-person FTW(look it up).

Your post is chock full of personal bias and hatred towards people who are fueling the industry so you can get your little system, Mr. "16 year old gamer".

Now that I think about it yes it is full of bias. o.O#

Sorry for going offtopic. I have played the Wii and the 360 before. The Wii's controllers did not feel very accurate when I played WiiSports and I can't quickly learn the controller as it is so unusual to be holding a remote. The 360 controller is a bit big for me to hold comfortably. I prefer the PS3 controller because it is lightweight, thin, and it feels like it is hugging my hands. I do think that Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are good rivals in the video game world.

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2008, 02:05:58 PM »
yeah, I'm not sold on the motion sensor stuff myself & holding the remote just makes me feel like I'm playing an interactive dvd. I like the 360 pad though, I believe the best controller was the xbox controller. The small one.

Offline nick09

• Contributor
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »
You know what will be crazy? Racing GT5P using the Sixaxis.

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Ook ook!
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2008, 02:15:48 AM »
I find the motion sensing stuff to be very useful in games like Super Paper Mario and Mario Kart Wii (ESPECIALLY Mario Kart Wii).  In both games, the motion sensing is available for those who are already used to the controls and want to improve their skills.  In Super Paper Mario, you gain extra points by shaking the remote after jumping on someone's head.  I would rather just press a button, like in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, to do the tricks but whatever.  It still works.  In Mario Kart Wii, using the nunchuk combo while racing is pure gold.  You drive around like normal, then you make a big jump and shake the remote and perform a trick that provides you with a boost when you land.  It actually adds to the fun and isn't just some extra feature that was tossed in.  Those tricks are really the best addition to the Mario Kart games I've seen in some time.  The ability to point a cursor at the screen is also nice at times for other games though Mario Kart Wii could've done without it, really.  Sometimes it just gets in the way.

My MUGEN site.

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2008, 12:12:50 PM »
You should really get both But her is my opinion about there hypes

Motion sensor, very cool, very limited!  There is only so many games to do before where going to need real games.

PS3 Media Center, week very week.  Even an 80 gig drive is not enough Just hook a computer into the tv same difference expect 2 terabytes.  PS3 is for games/blue rays going to need one anyway.
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline nick09

• Contributor
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »
It supports more file types than the 360 to what I know of. The HDD is replaceable and does not void any warranty. For the amount of power and functionality it is pretty cheap as it easily stands up to the latest blu-ray player's features with the latest firmware such as liveBD. Which is a feature to download extras such as videos, images, and other stuff. Homebrewers have even found they can run unsigned code using the Blu-ray Java to play games like Pong but its limited.

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2008, 03:38:51 PM »
I say PS3 for Tekken, cause Tekken > Mario. >_>

*cough*I'mATekkenFanboy*cough*

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »
I think we should get to the pureness of the question and not use games as a base, more like a low weight category.  There is at least one exlusive on every system you would love to have and plenty of knock off to feel the void
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar