collapse

Author Topic: Super Mario!  (Read 664 times)

animugen

Super Mario!
« on: March 31, 2008, 08:03:03 PM »
So what do you all think of the Super Mario Series?I think their awesome since Super Mario was the first video game franchise I've ever gotten into right before Sonic,Ganbare Goemon,Final Fantasy and such.Anyway the first Mario Game I've ever played was Super Mario World.Then I got All Stars and got a chance to play the old ones that was on NES.My favorite Mario Games Are Super Mario World,Super Mario Kart,Super Mario RPG,Super Mario Bros.3,Mario Party 3 and that should be it.I'm not all into those overrated 3D Mario Games.And Oh Yeah I even watched the good ole Super Mario Cartoon even the movie even though Bowser was a person ROFL.I think the Super Mario Franchise is the best franchise there is and I believe Mario will be remembered throughout video game history.What about you guys what do you think of the Super Mario Franchise? :-??

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
Re: Super Mario!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 08:06:29 PM »
me? I think it was when I played super mario 3 or somethin' o.O# (short-term memory)
Currently in need of one

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 08:23:38 PM »
I think I started with the original Super Mario Brothers, but that was when I went over my friends house. Then we played Super Mario world. Nintendo hasn't really made any extremely bad Mario games, I mean Sunshine was bad, but it wasn't the worst thing ever, I think Sega should sell the license of Sonic to Nintendo. They proved with the Smash Brothers games and The new super Mario bros that they still know how to make good 2d platformers.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 08:29:42 PM »
The Mario franchise is flawless. Who hates Mario, seriously? Whoever does needs to be strangled... haha, just playing, sort of. :P

I used to own a few of Mario games back in the day (4th grade), but since I wasn't the one that owned the Super Nintendo in the house I used to live in (ex-step sisters did). I decided to give my games away to my friends since I couldn't play them... except Yoshi's Island, I could never give away that game. Also Lion King, but that was because no one wanted it (what a hard game it was, haha). Not only did I have to give those away but I lost my Super Mario 64 game while moving one year. So now I only own like 5 Mario games, lol.

I have since bought my own SNES and did it feel good to play Yoshi's Island again. Although I haven't bothered repurchasing my ol' SNES collection. Only games I did repurchase was TMNT and Killer Instinct.

I am going to buy all the Mario games on Wii's Virtual Console though. Like I did my Donkey Kong Country games. :thumbsup: can't wait to play Super Mario World again, it's been so long.

I think Sega should sell the license of Sonic to Nintendo.

Please leave Sonic out of this topic :(

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

animugen

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 08:48:34 PM »
I think I started with the original Super Mario Brothers, but that was when I went over my friends house. Then we played Super Mario world. Nintendo hasn't really made any extremely bad Mario games, I mean Sunshine was bad, but it wasn't the worst thing ever, I think Sega should sell the license of Sonic to Nintendo. They proved with the Smash Brothers games and The new super Mario bros that they still know how to make good 2d platformers.

^^(PM)^

I totally agree.Or at least Sega should just stick to Nintendo Since Sony Ran Sega out of Business.I mean Sega shouldn't make anymore games for Sony and only for Nintendo.

>:-(-|

I am most unhappy with all of these Mario and Sonic Fanboys wanting to see Mario and Sonic Fight and make enemies.I'm happier seeing those two together in a game where they can team up.Like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.I think from now on when they make Mario Party they outta throw Sonic in there as well.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 09:00:19 PM »
Come on, you never wanted to see Mario and Sonic duke it out in an epic battle that isn't Flash?  ^-^

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 09:20:56 PM »

^^(PM)^

I totally agree.Or at least Sega should just stick to Nintendo Since Sony Ran Sega out of Business.I mean Sega shouldn't make anymore games for Sony and only for Nintendo.

I am most unhappy with all of these Mario and Sonic Fanboys wanting to see Mario and Sonic Fight and make enemies.I'm happier seeing those two together in a game where they can team up.Like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.I think from now on when they make Mario Party they outta throw Sonic in there as well.

Please keep fanboyism out of this.

Also, I think it's better if Sonic and Mario have a rivalry. Besides, peace is overrated. (oh, and if you don't like Super Mario 64, you should just slap yourself. Seriously.)

inb4nodramainthistopicplease
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

animugen

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 09:57:42 PM »

^^(PM)^

Also, I think it's better if Sonic and Mario have a rivalry. Besides, peace is overrated. (oh, and if you don't like Super Mario 64, you should just slap yourself. Seriously.)

Right right.But I LOVE Sonic and Mario I grew up with them.So I wish to see them team up rather be rivals.Anyway back on topic......

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 10:02:20 PM »
I really enjoyed  the Mario games when i was a kid

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 10:58:34 PM »

^^(PM)^

Right right.But I LOVE Sonic and Mario I grew up with them.So I wish to see them team up rather be rivals.Anyway back on topic......

Hm. I can see where you're coming from though. A team up would be nice, I mean it would be pretty cool to see Eggman and Bowser team up for some (rediculous) evil scheme.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

animugen

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 11:15:01 PM »

^^(PM)^

Hm. I can see where you're coming from though. A team up would be nice, I mean it would be pretty cool to see Eggman and Bowser team up for some (rediculous) evil scheme.

Exactly just like Super Mario Bros.Z.Have any of you heard of it? :-?? It's a crossover between Mario and Sonic With DBZ style fighting and BGM.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 11:22:52 PM »
I first started with the original Super Mario Bros on NES and I still think the 2D games are the best. I never really cared for the 3D Mario games, but that's because I'm sort of a 2D purist and don't care for 3D much. My favorite is Super Mario Bros 3, everything about this game is perfect and feels right. I miss those 2D Mario games and that old skool Mario feel.

animugen

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 11:25:10 PM »
I think the need for 3D realism and flashiness is way overrated.That's why I'm always playing my game roms and those great games I had back then on my DS by playing the remakes.Sigh.Video games aren't what they used to be I tell you.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:28:43 AM »
The Mario franchise is flawless.

Hotel Mario, the end. That having been said...

Super Mario Bros. 3 is hands down the single most greatest game in the history of gaming ever, and I dare anyone to prove me otherwise. It is the most highly reviewed game ever, and to this date, has never been out-sold by any other game.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

animugen

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 01:08:08 AM »
You sir are correct Super Mario Bros. 3 is one of the best.When I was 5 playing it on Super Mario All Stars I couldn't stop playing it.I kept on playing and playing.Boy it was so much fun.Love that game.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 02:08:13 AM »

When I said that, I meant the majority of the games.

^^(PM)^

That isn't a good statement by any means. Nintendo needs to worry about reviving franchises like Star Fox and Donkey Kong because they just took those right into the ground.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

animugen

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 02:22:30 AM »
That too.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 02:45:03 AM »

When I said that, I meant the majority of the games.

Yeah, I know. Every franchise has it's black sheep. Mario's got a couple more, but all I need say is "Edu-tainment" and I think we all know what I'm talking about."
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar