collapse

Author Topic: No I will not let this topic Die.Maybe it's true what Kev Said.  (Read 1749 times)

animugen

Re: No I will not let this topic Die.Maybe it's true what Kev Said.
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 04:24:12 PM »
seems like a cool device either way. I have a ton of retro games that will work too, so it could be a lot of fun trying. Still confused about the CD part though, unless he meant to burn it from the max program onto a cdr then it will play.

Max Program?Then try that maybe that's what he means.That's got to be it.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 04:27:53 PM »
seems like a cool device either way. I have a ton of retro games that will work too, so it could be a lot of fun trying. Still confused about the CD part though, unless he meant to burn it from the max program onto a cdr then it will play.

Yeah the info I gave you is on a device that works like a game shark. its a device not a CD, so its hard to say if this is what he meant or not?

animugen

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 04:51:01 PM »

Yeah the info I gave you is on a device that works like a game shark. its a device not a CD, so its hard to say if this is what he meant or not?

It wouldn't hurt to try though.I mean you use the Max program on your PC burn your mugen stuff using the Max Program then you just put it in your PS2 after it asks you to insert the burnt game.

Offline tunglashor

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 02, 2019, 05:45:21 PM
    • tunglashor
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »
I didn't see the original post, but from what I can gather someone is claiming there's a way to burn Mugen - either the PC or Linux Mugen executable - onto a CD and play it on the PS2, is that correct?

Because if that's what is being claimed, forget about it.  There is absolutely no way for the PS2 to run any executable compiled for an Intel processor.  Whether you use Action Replay Max or whatever else to transfer it to the PS2, it can't possibly run it.

animugen

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 06:31:48 PM »
I didn't see the original post, but from what I can gather someone is claiming there's a way to burn Mugen - either the PC or Linux Mugen executable - onto a CD and play it on the PS2, is that correct?

Because if that's what is being claimed, forget about it.  There is absolutely no way for the PS2 to run any executable compiled for an Intel processor.  Whether you use Action Replay Max or whatever else to transfer it to the PS2, it can't possibly run it.

I still don't think Kev would've just up and lie like that though.I mean he got unhappy when no one believed him.No one else has even tried it yet.We can't just give up SOMEONE has to try it.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 07:50:22 PM »

PS2 will run Mame , NES , SNES , & Genesis emulators from a disc . Mugen is not that far fetched .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »

okay then, just curious. How is the ps2 able to play emulator games from the max device then?

animugen

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2008, 08:01:05 PM »

okay then, just curious. How is the ps2 able to play emulator games from the max device then?

I was just about to ask the same thing.Anyway only if Theendgamelv3 was here I bet he'd find something out or maybe he's already trying right now as we speak I hope so at least.

Offline DMP

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 18, 2011, 03:49:25 PM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2008, 08:09:39 PM »
i dont see how this is possible with out some kind of program on the disc or a patch if this is the case you could burn anything on those disc and make them play

Offline tunglashor

• Contributor
    • tunglashor
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2008, 08:47:11 PM »

Because MAME and the other emulators are open source.  That means they can be compiled to run on the PS2.  But if you were to just burn the Windows version of MAME to a CD and use MAX to transfer it to the PS2 it wouldn't work.  It would be like handing you a book written in some alien language and asking you to read it.

Mugen is not open source - nobody has the source code which means nobody can compile it for the PS2.  In fact nobody other than Elecbyte  has ever ported Mugen to any other platform for this reason. 

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 09, 2024, 11:15:33 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2008, 09:07:39 PM »
As large as this Forum is  or the net 4 dat matter there isnt 1 computer hacker whos found or can find the source code?

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline tunglashor

• Contributor
    • tunglashor
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2008, 09:27:09 PM »
As large as this Forum is  or the net 4 dat matter there isnt 1 computer hacker whos found or can find the source code?
Nope.  Or at least, if they have then they've kept it to themselves.  If anyone ever does get hold of it then it's a fair bet that ports will start springing up for all kinds of platforms, so you'll know.  Until then it's futile trying to run any of the existing versions of Mugen on platforms it's not compiled for.

animugen

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »
My my my my my lots of lots of doubters.I can't blame you guys though since no one has been able to pull it off.But if it's not possible then howcome Kev started the topic?Howcome he got unhappy when everyone was doubting him?There's got to be a reasonable explaination for this.

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2008, 09:41:14 PM »
People like Kev Like to BS all the time, its in the News, Youtube comments, papers, media. Just to get attention or start rumors.

If this is true, this would've been discovered a LONG time ago, Action Replay MAX has been a staple for Cheaters and Hackers everywhere, Why just now does someone magically find this out and not have a SINGLE piece of proof???

I would LOVE to see Mugen running on my PS2 as much as you do. As much as the next guy, but this is all (Insert Inappropriate noun here)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The Great World Emperor

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 29, 2011, 11:21:00 PM
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2008, 09:42:35 PM »
Nope.  Or at least, if they have then they've kept it to themselves.  If anyone ever does get hold of it then it's a fair bet that ports will start springing up for all kinds of platforms, so you'll know.  Until then it's futile trying to run any of the existing versions of Mugen on platforms it's not compiled for.

Can't you just get the source code by decompiling the program(I don't know if it would be a bad thing to do though)? 

animugen

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 09:49:16 PM »
People like Kev Like to BS all the time, its in the News, Youtube comments, papers, media. Just to get attention or start rumors.

If this is true, this would've been discovered a LONG time ago, Action Replay MAX has been a staple for Cheaters and Hackers everywhere, Why just now does someone magically find this out and not have a SINGLE piece of proof???

I would LOVE to see Mugen running on my PS2 as much as you do. As much as the next guy, but this is all (Insert Inappropriate noun here)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm  ^^(PM)^ A most Excellent point indeed.How long has action replay max's been around anyway?

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 09:54:51 PM »
The First Action Replay was made by DATEL for the Original NES!! No joke!! Its MAYBE older than GameShark!!!

Action Replay is released in formats depending on what system its for.

Example: NES In Cartridge Form
             PS2 in CD form.

Offline tunglashor

• Contributor
    • tunglashor
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 09:59:31 PM »

Can't you just get the source code by decompiling the program(I don't know if it would be a bad thing to do though)? 
A degree of decompilation is possible, making certain hacks feasible, but no in general you can't retrieve the source code from a compiled executable (at least not for a C++ executable, which is what Mugen was written in I believe).  In theory you could generate some kind of source code which when compiled would produce a working executable but it would be a huge amount of work (interesting to try though).

Short answer - don't hold your breath.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 11:15:59 PM »
Well thats a bummer, its pretty amazing the X-box is only system that can do it.

TO EBAY AWAY!!!!!!

animugen

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008, 11:24:11 PM »
In that case Topic Locked.I guess Kev was making stuff up then.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar