collapse

Author Topic: Thanos Beta Released  (Read 3028 times)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
Thanos Beta Released
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:38:11 AM »
Hey Guys, For about 2 Weeks I've been working on this character, and now, he's sorta/kinda done (but still needs some work!) This Is My First Character so don't expect perfection or something, and he's not even 100% done.

Screenshots:

Video:

He's decently accurate to MVC2 (But is NOT MVC2),, but not 100%. Please read the Readme before telling me about a problem and, if you know how can you tell me how to fix the problems listed there and also if you find any of your own tell me so I can attempt to.

Get him Here: https://www.mediafire.com/?g00fs7le6rlmoiv
or Here: http://crusadercast.com/downloads/?sa=view;down=447

Also if Anyone could help me with some AI (or teach me how to do it myself) it would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:33:48 AM by -Whiplash- »

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
Re: Thanos Beta Released
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:42 AM »
congrats Whip

so cool to see you grow as a creator, but can I ask... why Thanos?

:)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 07:19:42 AM »
congrats Whip

so cool to see you grow as a creator, but can I ask... why Thanos?

:)

I actually awnsered this in the read me, but I'm gonna assume you haven't downloaded the character for whatever reason...

Why Thanos?
--------------------------------------------
I created this character because I was upset that, despite MVC2 being out for like 14 years now,
there is no decent non-boss version of this character.
He was fun to play as in mvc2 because of his low launcher and soul hyper,
so I decided to try and make a version for MUGEN based on that appearance,
and also as my first real attempt at coding and I figured he would get me used to pretty much everything.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 08:40:14 AM »
 ::salute:: Whiplash dude. Downloading him and gonna try him out bro. :thumbsup:

Offline Shoryunator

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 25, 2016, 04:33:08 AM
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 08:50:06 AM »
Looks great, love it that you made him MvC origins styled.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »
Great job here.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 04:44:56 PM »
Pretty damn good for a first character man. very nice shot at this Thanos too whiplash^^

Congrats man :Terry

If i come across any bug alerts or game breakers ill report them here to give you a 1 up on the situation
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline CleanCheeks

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 23, 2016, 12:35:01 AM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 05:11:02 PM »
Absolutely great character! And damn good for a first time. I'm loving the hit sounds, as they sound hard and solid. Hope to see some more moves and maybe 2 more hypers added to him, that would make him the best Thanos for mugen.
"I will think of you as I throw up into the toilet."

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 09:20:17 PM »
Updated

- Dive no longer goes through the floor.
- Fireball no longer shrinks on hit, because it doesn't work the way I want it to (I want it to shrink as it gets closer to the wall)
- Hard Punch hit boxes tweeked
- Intro from MSH added.
- Extra frames from MSH added (except the shoulder dive ATM, since converting it to kong's crappy palette was proving to be a pain in the butt.)

Gonna work on making it more accurate to MSH (and as close as I can to MVC2 for certain moves as possible)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:45:50 PM by -Whiplash- »

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 04:15:22 AM »
# Far too many FX attached to the character. Should really be split off as explods, it's a lot cleaner to actually work with, for example the character should pause, but not the animation
# Pick 1 clsn box for the walk, preferably the same as his stand. Don't resize it, walk him into himself, watch the random jitter as the clsn becomes smaller than his width.
# the FX on run could do with some alterations, they should come from behind him, not in front. There also ought to be some randomisation on sprpriority, some in front, some not.
# launcher isn't NEARLY high enough. I need reflexes better than my cat to even get the first lp off when super jumping.
# qcf+p, jump, can't deal more than one hit, standard Vs means i should be able to juggle here
# you have a somewhat obvious alignment issue on 810,18
# getting the FX off the sprites would let you fix up the palette. The palette is a bit of a clusterf**k
# missing a couple required sprites.
# invalid anim request in state 821
# could really do with a dampener. c.lp>c.mp>c.hp>jump>lp>mp>hp = 300 damage. TBH it would be more if i could get the comboing a bit faster. That's... rather a lot.
# can't combo from c.mk into anything, i know it's a trip and most things will miss, but you should still be able to go somewhere from it. The only stuff that can't combo into anything but specials in Vs is the heavy moves.
# This one is going to sound a little odd. Change his X.scale to 0.833333 it stops the bulgy look of CPS sprites and actually brings them into line with what they look like on a correct res screen.

If this is your first character, it's bloody good for that. There are a few bits that could be tweaked in terms of fixes.

If you want to take him further on the accuracy front. Get FBA:RR, the LUA scripts for hitboxes and some cheats to let you select him. That will get you capcom accurate hitboxes for him in MSH, they're probably the same in MvC2 cos capcom are a bit slack like that. Some of yours aren't optimal. I should probably work out where those are again anyway. Taking it even further would be getting tick counts for everything as well as velocities, pretty sure you haven't done that, but it's whether you want to go that far at this point, this is a great start if you do want to get into that.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 12:47:10 PM »
# Far too many FX attached to the character. Should really be split off as explods, it's a lot cleaner to actually work with, for example the character should pause, but not the animation
# Pick 1 clsn box for the walk, preferably the same as his stand. Don't resize it, walk him into himself, watch the random jitter as the clsn becomes smaller than his width.
# the FX on run could do with some alterations, they should come from behind him, not in front. There also ought to be some randomisation on sprpriority, some in front, some not.
# launcher isn't NEARLY high enough. I need reflexes better than my cat to even get the first lp off when super jumping.
# qcf+p, jump, can't deal more than one hit, standard Vs means i should be able to juggle here
# you have a somewhat obvious alignment issue on 810,18
# getting the FX off the sprites would let you fix up the palette. The palette is a bit of a clusterf**k
# missing a couple required sprites.
# invalid anim request in state 821
# could really do with a dampener. c.lp>c.mp>c.hp>jump>lp>mp>hp = 300 damage. TBH it would be more if i could get the comboing a bit faster. That's... rather a lot.
# can't combo from c.mk into anything, i know it's a trip and most things will miss, but you should still be able to go somewhere from it. The only stuff that can't combo into anything but specials in Vs is the heavy moves.
# This one is going to sound a little odd. Change his X.scale to 0.833333 it stops the bulgy look of CPS sprites and actually brings them into line with what they look like on a correct res screen.

If this is your first character, it's bloody good for that. There are a few bits that could be tweaked in terms of fixes.

If you want to take him further on the accuracy front. Get FBA:RR, the LUA scripts for hitboxes and some cheats to let you select him. That will get you capcom accurate hitboxes for him in MSH, they're probably the same in MvC2 cos capcom are a bit slack like that. Some of yours aren't optimal. I should probably work out where those are again anyway. Taking it even further would be getting tick counts for everything as well as velocities, pretty sure you haven't done that, but it's whether you want to go that far at this point, this is a great start if you do want to get into that.
-Most of my effects are explods? I'm not sure what effects you mean?
-Fixed
-I've changed it so that the big ones appear in front and the smaller ones appear in back.
-In MVC2 his launcher was like this, you had to hit with the Crouching medium or else it would be very difficult to combo after just the launcher. However, you're the second guy to complain about this so I've made it higher.
-Done.
-Lol I'm surprised I didn't notice that, Fixed.
-Okay? I want to fix the crappy palette (which I got from KONG) but I'm pretty sure all the FX aren't attached to the palette? I'm just hesitant to fix it because won't that mean I have to re-add all the sprites?
-Fixed.
-Fixed, also there was an invalid anim Request in state 257 as well, but I fixed that also.
-He already has a dampener, but that combo did a lot because of the way it was set-up. I've got a new one and he does about 210 with that combo now
-I can combo titan crush from it, but it's rather tricky to do. IDK what to say, you can do hard attacks from it, but they won't connect because it's a trip, you also can combo off it with the weaker basics because Mk can only combo into HP/HK.
-Yeah, I didn't do this actually because I don't like resizing sprites, but he IS rather huge.
-I'm actually in the process of changing his hitboxes ATM, I already have all the data from MSH, how would I go about finding out the tick and velocity counts?
Most of my data at the moment is based off extensive testing in MVC2 (hence the really low launcher) by eye, which isn't exactly perfect.

Update:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:50:07 PM by -Whiplash- »

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 06:57:26 PM »
Ticks are a VERY boring process. If you're using kawaks. Record yourself doing a move. Pause. Frame step. Count. Ditto for hitpauses and hittime and slide time.

Velocity less boring but more difficult as you need to learn to use artmoney.

Most of your FX aren't actually explods. You have SOME explods, but as these have been ripped with the FX attached (like his down+hk) you wind up with obnoxious palette issues like you have, as well as not doing things the best way. Attached FX aren't really a good idea. Yes you'd need to re-rip a bit and add it in, but with FF3's export functionality, reapplying the palette isn't that much of a chore to get everything in afterwards.

-I can combo titan crush from it, but it's rather tricky to do. IDK what to say, you can do hard attacks from it, but they won't connect because it's a trip,
I found pressing anything after this hit actually did nothing. I mean, you eventually did the move, but it was a link that missed rather than a combo that missed. You should still changestate on movecontact for guard lock purposes. I mash either of the H buttons when making contact with this and nothing happens.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 07:27:45 PM »
I got this char some moments ago and, outside what Cyanide said, its a pretty solid char, for a first char.
Congrats.

About the AI, its not that hard. Its about to tell the char to use specific moves on specific moments.
For example, those are codes for blocking (statef -1):

Code: [Select]
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
; A.I. - Crouching Guard

[State -2, 3]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = RoundState = 2 && var(0)
triggerall = StateType != A
triggerall = P2StateType = C
triggerall = (P2Movetype = A) || (Enemy, NumProj >= 1)
trigger1 = Ctrl = 1
;trigger1 = random <= 800
value = 131

; A.I. - Crouching to Standing Guard

[State -2, 4]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = StateType != A
triggerall = P2StateType != C
trigger1 = StateNo = 152
trigger1 = 1
value = 150

; A.I. - Jumping Guard

[State -2, 5]
type = changestate
triggerall = StateType = A
trigger1 = ctrl
;trigger1 = random <= 800
value = 132

on this case, var(0) tells if the char is human controlled or CPU controlled. Since this is a Mugen 1.0 char, you can use AiLevel instead.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 07:45:33 PM »
Ticks are a VERY boring process. If you're using kawaks. Record yourself doing a move. Pause. Frame step. Count. Ditto for hitpauses and hittime and slide time.

Velocity less boring but more difficult as you need to learn to use artmoney.

Most of your FX aren't actually explods. You have SOME explods, but as these have been ripped with the FX attached (like his down+hk) you wind up with obnoxious palette issues like you have, as well as not doing things the best way. Attached FX aren't really a good idea. Yes you'd need to re-rip a bit and add it in, but with FF3's export functionality, reapplying the palette isn't that much of a chore to get everything in afterwards.
Oh jesus... Yeah.... I'm not up to that right now. Maybe some other time when I have WAY less to do, like during the summer, since I'm doing this in between college and assignments.

And okay, I get it now, but that sounds like it would take a while, I might attempt it later this week since it is march break, but it's not really a big deal TBH.
I found pressing anything after this hit actually did nothing. I mean, you eventually did the move, but it was a link that missed rather than a combo that missed. You should still changestate on movecontact for guard lock purposes. I mash either of the H buttons when making contact with this and nothing happens.

I'm not sure what you mean? in the command I have it like that and I can chain titan crush as well as HP/HK from it, Titan Crush even hits before the opponent touches the ground.

I got this char some moments ago and, outside what Cyanide said, its a pretty solid char, for a first char.
Congrats.

About the AI, its not that hard. Its about to tell the char to use specific moves on specific moments.
For example, those are codes for blocking (statef -1):

I'm actually going to attempt AI after (or before) I finish up the MSH Hitboxes, probably I'll do them both today and tomorrow when I have free time.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal