collapse

Author Topic: Whats happend to Nerds?  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
Whats happend to Nerds?
« on: September 02, 2008, 03:27:42 PM »
 <_<|...|

Used to be that it was an insault that jocks would call us for being weird/smart. We were overweight, living with our parents, the only women giving us the time of day are eather crazy or want money...

Now... it saddens me to say thatI think im the last of this kind of nerd. Im a dieing breed, now nerds are "good looking" and have good bodys, what ever happend to the classic overwight frame that the nerds of old typicaly had.
And what is it with all the hot girlfirends. I mean come on... Share the weath guys...

Its true, im the last of the old nerd class... and now, now we see main streem nerds, nerds with hotchicks, tatoos, and homes of their own...

Whats the world coming too...

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
Re: Whats happend to Nerds?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:35:21 PM »
We are humans, we must adapt to our surroundings.

I kinda fit in the newer generation as I only have 14 pounds of fat and shorter hair is the big fad these days.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 03:47:42 PM »
Man you neo-nerds are all weird to me.
You and your good body sizes...
Heck, none of you even show off your dice collection!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:56:31 PM by SpiderMew »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »
I had dice for when I used to be a Yu-Gi-Oh champion .  :DxDie

Dude , I guess your right . I never wanted to admit I was a nerd because I have a rock hard body , a hot girl & nice cars & house .

But........

I guess I am the new breed of nerd you speak of . Seeing that I get into alot of nerd things . Video games , comic books , mugen , anime , etc....

But I have my share of cool stuff to . So I'm only a quarter nerd  ;*))

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 03:59:20 PM »
I had dice for when I used to be a Yu-Gi-Oh champion . :DxDie

Dude , I guess your right . I never wanted to admit I was a nerd because I have a rock hard body , a hot girl & nice cars & house .

But........

I guess I am the new breed of nerd you speak of . Seeing that I get into alot of nerd things . Video games , comic books , mugen , anime , etc....

But I have my share of cool stuff to . So I'm only a quarter nerd&nbsp; ;*))

Still have your decks? Ive got a killer acient gear deck, we could webcame duel sometime.

Wate, cool stuff.. but videogames, anime and mugen are cool... to me at least  ???

Offline J.C.McMinis

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 16, 2011, 03:56:49 AM
  • All American Father
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 04:21:06 PM »
Nerd here. Though I don't have long hair anymore. I figured I am 37 time to chop it off. But I have plenty of nerd traits. MUGEN, D&D (I have almost all of the 1st edition books), Champions, Comic Books (I don't actaully collect anymore but I still have all of mine from when I did.), Heroscpe, Magic Cards etc. Hey but we nerds/geeks get happy endings to, I have been happily married for 5 years & have 2 wonderful step-kids & 2 kids of my own.

"If we forget One Nation Under God, then we are a nation gone under" Ronald Regan.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 04:24:39 PM »
I had dice for when I used to be a Yu-Gi-Oh champion . :DxDie

But........

But I have my share of cool stuff to . So I'm only a quarter nerd&nbsp; ;*))

Still have your decks? Ive got a killer acient gear deck, we could webcame duel sometime.

Wate, cool stuff.. but videogames, anime and mugen are cool... to me at least  ???

I hate to be the one to break this to you , bro ......

But most of " normal " society considers that stuff nerdy or childish .

Yeah I still have my decks . But most are banned .

My Yata Deck which I won a shonen jump with is banned .

Chaos came out , so I quit using the Yata deck & ran chaos . My chaos with my touch , was faster than anyone turn 1 or 2 , I was blowing up the Dragon  . Good game , thanx for playing . I won regionals with that .   

I also have a Dark Magician deck that was sweet as f**k , but it was one step behind chaos that everyone was running & was just shy of beating so i had to run what worked .

Before nationals which I qualified for , most Chaos got banned  . So I had to come up with something new .

I invented the Magical Scientist deck . If I went first , I won on turn one no matter what . All they did was watch me run through my entire deck & kill them .  Well people mimicked it after I won a Shonen jump & he got banned .

So I had to come up with something for nationals . Soul Control was it . I didn't call it that but when they put my deck list up on the net . Everyone called it that . So at Nationals pretty much everyone ran that .

The only deck i have that is still legal is my normal monsters deck . Which I ran after everything started getting banned . It would shock the hell out of people when I beat them with it at tournaments . It was kind of boring so no one really copied it . I think I was the only one that would run a Summon Skull . Everyone else considered the card worhtless .   Even now he's been replaced by that 2600 normal monster that's one tribute & came out  in the later packs

I really don't paly anymore or buy the cards , but I did get that 2600 guy just for the deck in case I ever play again .

Oh man , I am such a nerd  ;*))   

(click to show/hide)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 04:32:07 PM »
Nerd here. Though I don't have long hair anymore. I figured I am 37 time to chop it off. But I have plenty of nerd traits. MUGEN, D&D (I have almost all of the 1st edition books), Champions, Comic Books (I don't actaully collect anymore but I still have all of mine from when I did.), Heroscpe, Magic Cards etc. Hey but we nerds/geeks get happy endings to, I have been happily married for 5 years & have 2 wonderful step-kids & 2 kids of my own.

Did you say Magic ?

Yes I painted them .

My lands & mana leak .....

As much as I try to deny it , this thread is proving I am a total nerd

(click to show/hide)

Offline J.C.McMinis

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 16, 2011, 03:56:49 AM
  • All American Father
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 04:34:17 PM »

Did you say Magic ?

Yes I painted them .

My lands & mana leak .....

As much as I try to deny it , this thread is proving I am a total nerd

Hey be like me and revel in your nerd/geekness

"If we forget One Nation Under God, then we are a nation gone under" Ronald Regan.

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 05:13:53 PM »
Hey who has the 5 year Shonen Jump collection?

I also have all of the issues of Death Note in near perfect condition on my bookshelf.

Oh yeah I also have a matrix screensaver:

I have J!nx clothing as well, like the choose your weapon(console controllers).

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 05:17:14 PM »
we just got popular lol

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 05:25:42 PM »
I always found the prospect of banning cards weird, but i guess after someone finds the glitch that lets you get one turn kills and dules are pritty much decided on the coin flip, then stuff's got to go.
Last i checked my deck is legal, but its not pro level lol.
But i can beet all my friends with it.

DND!! Man im a big dnd guy too, but i play 3.5, ive only seen the first ed main book once. But ive got like 15 dnd books, then ive got a Werewolf the Apoc. from white wolf,a nd ive got the Silver Age Sentinals Super Hero game book.
But man, i feal like im the end of a sterotype lol

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 05:29:37 PM »
I guess most people got tired to being nerds, I damn sure got tired of being a nerd I lose all my weight, grew my hair out, stop talking about video games and other stuff around people and "Bam" females, most females talk to because they say I look like lil wayne but I dun see it

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 05:31:29 PM »
I have nerd traits too, but I leave them at home. When I go out with women I'm a different person.

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 08:19:27 PM »
Wow Spidermew. You called me out.  ^^(PM)^

Here I thought I am still a nerd, unchanged from back in my dark daze of highschool; playing games, not going to Prom, not having a single girlfriend or experiening a first kiss for that matter, to now where I thought I was still that same lil nerd but with the life I wasn't expecting to have, a car i wasn't expecting to be driving, house (apartment w/ live in mrs.), tattoos/pirecings, ect...

Somehow, somewhere along the last 5 years, I've converted myself into a "Neo-Nerd", and it wasn't until today that I realize that. Like it's litterally making me recapp the last couple of years of my life to figure this out.

-"aPoC."
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:24:55 PM by aPoCaLyPsE »

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 08:41:42 PM »
I fit the whole classic nerd look when I was a kid. Overweight, coke-bottle glasses, shaggy hair, mismatched clothes from K-mart....

I lost most of the weight by highschool, and got some contacts and fashion sense. I later grew my hair out, and got into the industrial/goth look, which put me right back into nerd-dom. I never really cared, 'cuz I was happy. I still wear my hair long, though, mostly since most of my male relatives lost their hair by my age. I figure I'll enjoy it as long as I have it.

I've always been a gamer - I've played videogames since Pong! D&D, MtG, board games, card games, even a little live-action RPGing. I played Magic competitively in the early days of it (before there was "Type 1" and "Type 2", long before "Standard" and "Extended"). I've been a huge fan of Scifi, fantasy, and anime all of my life. Oddly enough though, I didn't get into comics until later in life.

I've always been big on learning, especially when it comes to science, which is why I chose a career in it. But I'm definitely not the "beaker and lab coat" kind of scientist. I try to be one those "He-man scientist", you know swimming with sharks and dating movie stars!  :D

As for what ever happened to those "classic nerds".... I guess somewhere along the line "nerdy" things became cool. People seem to respect intelligence and individuality a little more lately. The jock types seem to get painted more and more like losers these days....

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 08:47:37 PM »
i aint a nerd i just like fighters u can like mugen and be cool at da same time...

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 08:57:11 PM »
i thought nerds the candy... LOL

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 04:25:49 PM »
Computers, video games, and comic heros all became widley popular.
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 04:41:48 PM »
Chaos,Magical Scientist...all of those were eventually shut down because of banning of key cards...
@DT:Holy Sh*t...you won nationals of Yu-Gi-oH?? WOW  :o
I currently have a few decks and a lot of random cards(i plan to sell a couple of rares i got ;D)
I used to play a lot before,now i don`t have anyone to play with(my sister doesn`t get along too much and is no good)
I played arround with first and second runs elemental heroes with my own touch,same with Cyber Dragons...i also made a burn and a water type deck...they are interesting to describe
Now that i think of it,i am also the self called "neo nerd",although i`ve never been fat,i do use glasses...video gamer since i first got a Nes clone(family game,lol)

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 05:11:38 PM »
Also think their has been no real fresh ideas in nerd games
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 05:17:26 PM »

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 05:28:08 PM »
Another thoughts, ipods and music industry has become more uniform now

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 20, 2010, 08:55:01 PM
  • You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 05:41:25 PM »
im a nerd a huge nerd i have boxs and boxs of comix i still play my gamecube as u can see below i have justice league plushes
pokemon carebare mario galore >.<

and im a huge myspace head but i date her
 A Mgea Hottie

i mean she knows how much of a nerd i am and she don't care its not about geting a hot girl but its about finding the ones who see u for who u are

and yea spidermew ur not alone =] im with u

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 07:54:51 PM »
Chaos,Magical Scientist...all of those were eventually shut down because of banning of key cards...
@DT:Holy Sh*t...you won nationals of Yu-Gi-oH?? WOW  :o
I currently have a few decks and a lot of random cards(i plan to sell a couple of rares i got ;D)
I used to play a lot before,now i don`t have anyone to play with(my sister doesn`t get along too much and is no good)
I played arround with first and second runs elemental heroes with my own touch,same with Cyber Dragons...i also made a burn and a water type deck...they are interesting to describe
Now that i think of it,i am also the self called "neo nerd",although i`ve never been fat,i do use glasses...video gamer since i first got a Nes clone(family game,lol)

I used to be one of the best players around . Once they started coming out with all these crazy paralax rares & sh*t , I quit . The necrophase or whatever the hell it was called . $160 for one & I couldn't even get one in 12 boxes I bought .
Hell with that .

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:11:25 PM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar