collapse

Author Topic: Daredevil wip (the return)  (Read 10013 times)

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 18, 2013, 09:14:45 AM
Re: Daredevil wip (the return)
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 12:49:51 PM »
I'm really happy to see that DD will be updated, his last release lacked in several areas.

I don't get the idea of creating two versions of the same character, I feel that a character should get 100% of the attention instead of splitting the great ideas between two versions. Plus, I can't really think of a big difference between two versions of DD except for the colors, and that as Acey said this can be done with palettes.

Good luck anyway with this one  %%-

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 03:18:46 PM »
first hit, thought i could show this, nothing surprising :

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 09:00:25 PM »
Is he going to be MvC form?

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2008, 04:32:04 AM »
first hit, thought i could show this, nothing surprising :

the punches are great. is there any way to incorporate his sticks into those attacks?

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2008, 09:38:31 AM »

I guess that depends on what you mean by MvC? Everything we do now is 6 button style with Superjump, if thats what you mean. Theres some speculation there might be 2 versions, I'm sure one will match EOH style.

Personally I prefer simpler Hyper BG's, and Spider Mews custom Hyper Ports, but I havent ruled out using the EOH template. I'll know more about our version after I finish my last WIP next week.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2008, 10:12:35 AM »

I guess that depends on what you mean by MvC? Everything we do now is 6 button style with Superjump, if thats what you mean. Theres some speculation there might be 2 versions, I'm sure one will match EOH style.

Personally I prefer simpler Hyper BG's, and Spider Mews custom Hyper Ports, but I havent ruled out using the EOH template. I'll know more about our version after I finish my last WIP next week.

What last WIP next week ?

Nevermind it doesn't matter ......

Let them all know that death is coming for them ,

Tell them Eric Draven sends his regards

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2008, 10:48:06 AM »

What last WIP next week ?

Nevermind it doesn't matter ......

Let them all know that death is coming for them ,

Tell them Eric Draven sends his regards

I meant as in last "old" project.

Which isnt exactly true, since i'm going back to work on Robin, and Daredevil.

I guess I meant the last July project, now that is into August.

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 07, 2008, 11:47:43 PM
  • Nice, decent kind of guy
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 07:10:36 PM »
You may remember i released an alpha of the character before, it was done in one week with my friend kurz. So now i m gonna finish him , it would be more true to write "start all over again". This one won t be just an easy edit of cyclops, he will use five different bases. The result will be two different characters, the yellow one and the red one.

new select portrait.
new face design by acey:

I m open to all suggestions, if you have some moves ideas or wanna help me with the stance, just post, i will closely listen.  ;D

love the portrait..not terribly enthusiastic about the base..is there a chance you can get away from the Cyclops base? Love the emblem detail & the head, I just would encourage you to keep frankenspriting it into a new pose & such so we can't tell the base or bases you used

we definitely need a good daredevil though, so keep pluggin' away at it

Offline myPist0la

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 13, 2011, 11:23:44 AM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2008, 03:00:55 AM »
I love the idea of a DD in mugen, and yours looks great. only thing I'm worried about is that he looks a bit too beefy, I'd suggest slimming him down a bit

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 03:08:17 AM »
I found some killer sprites, maybe these can offer some inspiration as how to make him look unique & stand out more than a cyclops base

Offline Lord_Waffles

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 16, 2015, 10:53:53 PM
  • For the kingdom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 09:24:41 AM »
The stance on the Red and Gold Daredevil looks really good

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 05:55:31 PM »
all look much better than a cyclops base. one of the things that bugs me is when I can actually tell the base used for a character..takes me out of the experience of using the character. I'm glad some folks are making small yet significant changes to their characters to make them more unique than an established base, that's what makes a good character in my mind, among other things

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 06:02:03 PM »
Cyclops is indeed the base.

There are no current plans to change that, although some moves may incorporate other character sprites just like the Infinity Batman is. Personally I notice the base in just about every character for the most part.

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008, 06:10:15 PM »
well you really need to distinguish it from the cyclops base, I'm sure you're capable of it, right? distinguishing it from the crowd gives it the personality that people like myself are looking for in a character

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 08:05:02 PM »
I hear you, but I feel the stance helps make thta seperation. Maybe if Infinity does a version you may have that. For me, and my partners were not as interested as being perfect Mugen creators as some forums. This is only a pirate engine, and a hobby afterall.

I think we may be a little less picky because were all established in life so theres not as much time to devote to it as others do. All my stuff is open source so if someone wants to come along, and improve it they are welcome to do that. I have to do whats fun for me, otherwise we just wouldnt do them at all. Jason is of a similar mindset, and maybe it sounds selfish but we more or less do these for ourselves. We share it for those who want to check it out.

I totally understand though that there are people who want it to be totally origional, but at the same time I'm sure someone will create a DD at some point thats to their liking.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 01, 2024, 10:25:51 AM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 12:42:09 PM »
I hear you, but I feel the stance helps make thta seperation. Maybe if Infinity does a version you may have that. For me, and my partners were not as interested as being perfect Mugen creators as some forums. This is only a pirate engine, and a hobby afterall.

I think we may be a little less picky because were all established in life so theres not as much time to devote to it as others do. All my stuff is open source so if someone wants to come along, and improve it they are welcome to do that. I have to do whats fun for me, otherwise we just wouldnt do them at all. Jason is of a similar mindset, and maybe it sounds selfish but we more or less do these for ourselves. We share it for those who want to check it out.

I totally understand though that there are people who want it to be totally origional, but at the same time I'm sure someone will create a DD at some point thats to their liking.

=D> All of those words are inspiration, ALEXIQ. While some of us are  :O*D, the rest are using their free time to create something useful. While I don't like the fact that you called M.U.G.E.N a pirate engine, I do agree that there will be many more of these to come.

Back to the subject: Will you imply the use of the billy club Daredevil carries around?
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2008, 01:05:20 PM »
I dont sprite (much) but I think Jason intends on incorporating that as much as possible.

BTW, this wont be a soon released character, at least not my version. I have a couple projects ahead of this one.

Offline The Anvil

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »
jason, i cant get over how much your spriting has improved, the new daredevil design is amazing, and i think it would be nice to finally have a full daredevil character in MUGEN.
I do think he should have a new stance, because you have done such a good job on it, it deserves to be more unique from cyke, with a new stance it would be troublesome to figure out what base you used, but i agree with you also that it is your wip, and you can and SHOULD do it how YOU want it, its a priviledge for us to be able to use it in our engines.
Keep up the good work.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 05:59:29 PM »
jason, i cant get over how much your spriting has improved, the new daredevil design is amazing, and i think it would be nice to finally have a full daredevil character in MUGEN.
I do think he should have a new stance, because you have done such a good job on it, it deserves to be more unique from cyke, with a new stance it would be troublesome to figure out what base you used, but i agree with you also that it is your wip, and you can and SHOULD do it how YOU want it, its a priviledge for us to be able to use it in our engines.
Keep up the good work.

He wont use Cyclops stance, I plan on giving him a brand new stance thats totally differant.

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2008, 08:23:09 PM »
I hope so, try to change the looks of his walk too, do anything you can to set it apart

Offline The Anvil

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 10:29:10 AM »
Keep up the good work.

He wont use Cyclops stance, I plan on giving him a brand new stance thats totally differant.

im sure it will be great  :w00t:

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • welcome
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2008, 02:19:04 PM »
for now, he wil have one helper: iron fist
But if you have some ideas which helpers to use except elektra, spiderman, wolverine and punisher, please tell me.

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2008, 02:37:48 PM »
Well if you use iron fist, maybe you should also add luke cage in his yellow shirt/afro haircut outfit.

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • welcome
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »
Well if you use iron fist, maybe you should also add luke cage in his yellow shirt/afro haircut outfit.
YES I LOooooooooooooove this idea  %%-

Offline daredeviant

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 15, 2015, 03:18:59 PM
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2008, 07:08:34 AM »
Just a few ideas, from a DD-fan :
Intros :
- a "Born Again" pose (see below) + flames

- swinging with billy club then landing with voice "Here comes... Daredevil !"

Winposes :
- winning boxer with voice "This one's for you, Dad"

Specials/Hypers :
- nerve center (low damage but "paralysing")
- lights out (dark screen and multiple hits)
- Billy club fury (multiple hits with one club in each hand)
- final round (multiple punches)

Strikers :
- Black Widow, Black Tarentula, Stick, Stone

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 [3] 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal