collapse

Author Topic: Invisible Woman (beta) by Arkady  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 17, 2024, 07:55:01 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
Invisible Woman (beta) by Arkady
« on: January 06, 2012, 01:15:08 AM »

Finally the fantastic 4 heroine is here  (unfortunetly unfinished)

this is still a beta, but very playable, looking to improve the sprites further, any and all feedback is required for her to succeed in future updates, please leave you opinions here, and i will be checking and improving,

enjoy
and please feedback (more and more will help me make her better...sprites will updated also)
cheers

Download: http://cvgunited.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=352
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 03:41:25 PM by Acey »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: Invisible Woman (beta) by Arkady
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 10:30:32 AM »
All due respect to Buyog, I love this version more because it's much more complete.

Great job Ark

Offline Ref Cortez

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 14, 2017, 02:06:29 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 11:11:21 AM »
i like buyog's more, idk, she looks better imo. but this one is better of course, good job.
border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 15, 2024, 10:01:11 PM
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:00:24 PM »
Glad to hear you're still gonna improve the sprites further. Some of them lack quality but more than that there's quite a bit of size issues in some of these anims. Since I don't play Mugen anymore I can only really comment on the visual aspect. So far though, not too bad.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »
Can't download.
Can you upload to sendspace or megaupload? Thank you.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »
Can't download.
Can you upload to sendspace or megaupload? Thank you.
Yeah CVG is down for now.

Don't know why

Offline roccoraccoon

• Last Login:August 12, 2012, 05:59:55 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 02:18:10 PM »
Please help me; I deleted the ';' symbols from the CMD file and am still unable to air dash, but I've seen the AI make her airdash. How do I enable that move?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 02:46:53 PM »
Maybe restore the ';' symbols you deleted?

Offline roccoraccoon

• Last Login:August 12, 2012, 05:59:55 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 05:35:58 PM »
I've got one glitch to report. (I'm not sure whether it's been stated before or not)
Whenever I play as her, she takes absolutely no damage from attacks after using the Shield attack (the one where she surounds herself with a damaging shield). How could I possibly fix it? It's quite unfair.

Offline Kazander13

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 07, 2018, 04:34:39 PM
  • Predictabo!
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 01:50:46 PM »
First of all, thanks for your efforts with the character!.  Here's what I could get from the time spent:

Gameplay:  Obviously as you stated, it is still a beta, so all of this is for feedback purposes.  Overall I see the Invisible Woman as a defensive oriented character and I think you are on the right track with her implementation.  However, she could really use an aerial based ability such as either of the punch specials or a unique move such as one of her many invisible force projections e.g. a massive crushing weight bearing down on the opponent.  Specific issues below aside, she should have a projectile blocking special since that represent a good portion of her abilities in the comics and her invisibility based specials should have a sense of surprise to them that can be controlled by the player.  Also, to add artistic flair, remember that she had normal strength, so make moves like the launcher have some type of special effect on them as I'm sure her uppercut would not send many flying into the air as it might from stronger characters.

D, DF, F+P:  This move grants invulnerability and can be used in a quick enough succession to stay invincible while hurling projectiles.  If the intent was a brief second of invulnerability, you may want to add a little cool down or shorten the window.

D, DB, B+P:  I liked this move as I felt is was in character and felt it added to her overall defense.  What I would like to see this move do is stop projectiles within a certain frame allotment to be more in line with the character.  Same complete invulnerability problem as noted before

D, DF, F,+K:  A decent move but it suffers from predictability and is very slow.  Since it serves as a teleport in essence, it would be nice if the player could choose which way they assault the target with by say maybe holding a direction on the d-pad and maybe even include an aerial attack.  Since this moves purpose is to be a surprise attack, it should really have more surprise to it.  As it stands now, if another player used it with that speed, they would eat the most damage I could muster every time and a medium or higher AI will not fall for it since it takes so long to execute.   I see a lot of potential in this move and could easily be damage balanced to make up for the versatility.

D, DB, B+K:  Not sure if it is intentional, but while invisible, and while jumping towards or away, she zips through the air like hell on wheels.  At first I felt it was kind of buggy, but it would kind of be nice to see it more since the whole idea of the invisible woman is that she disappears in front of you and hits you from a different place.  I have also had this move render you completely invulnerable while active and last indefinitely like the 3 bar hyper.

Hypers:  Overall I feel the hypers could use some love.

D, DF, F+P: I like the range and again feels this is in line with the character and defense oriented play style.  It is just slow to execute making it a bit risky for a point blank area of effect style attack given it's damage.

D, DB, B+P:  Probably a controversial move.  I do like it and think it belongs, what you might consider doing for balance is suspended her ability to gain power while it is active.  That would keep it from being used back to back.  I did find that if I could continuously assault my opponent, it was possible to keep this move going .

D, DF, F+K:  Okay, this was usually my hyper of choice because of the mobility and damage.  One glaring issue is that even if the full extent of the combo lands, the last hit can still be blocked.  The other was that if an opponent jumps over it, she still performs all hits of the combo like it landed.  A whiff animation would be nice.  And finally, she will always run a predetermined distance regardless of where the enemy is, giving them ample time to block if the move is used in close.  Seems like if the move makes contact, she shouldn't keep running.

D, DB, B+K:  Same invisibility jumping problem as the special version.

Art:  You stated that the sprites will be adjusted so I will reserve comments here.  The only real complaint I had was that her boobs moved in a constant 360 on her chest despite her barely moving.  Damn you inertia!

Sound:  I actually liked the sound, but felt in a lot of cases, it should come out faster.  One example is the Now you see me now you don't line, which keeps going 4 seconds after she takes a boot to the face.

Overall, I think you have a real winner with this character and look forward to an updated release.  Thanks for taking the time to implement her and bring her into MUGEN.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 02:02:41 PM by Kazander13 »

Offline Shadic54

• The ultimate life form!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 25, 2020, 02:41:33 AM
  • Being attacked by zombies!
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 02:00:36 PM »
WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU CAN BE SMART!
God bless America!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare