Captain Mar-Vell (Acey)
Date Released: April 30, 2009 (Infinity 2009 Release Party)
Programming: Acey & Iron Fist
Current Version: 1.1
As soon as Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell) was released in early 2008 I had planned to make his father, Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell), as well. After continually getting bumped back to help friends with their mugen creations I finally found the time to sit down and make the changes necessary to complete the sprite set. After adding these new sprites to the code of the originally release Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell), I asked Iron Fist to go through the character and adjust the moves and attacks to make him feel more like a different character. In addition to the code changes Iron Fist also animated the stance to help top off this character.
A solider of the alien Kree army sent to observe the Earth, Mar-Vell ended up finding himself allied with the heroes of earth as the valiant Captain Marvel. Considered a traitor to the Kree military, Captain Marvel was eventually banished the Negative Zone, his only escape was through the use of "Negabands" that he wears on his wrists to switch molecules with mild mannered Rick Jones.
Later, after Captain Marvel is released from the Negative Zone he developed inoperable cancer from his exposure to a toxin in a battle with the villain Nitro. Captain Marvel passes away surrounded by many of earth's greatest heroes.
- Crouch HP = Launch
- Forward, HP (close) = Pommel (Throw)
- Down, Forward, LP = Crouch Beam
- Down, Forward, LP = Stand Beam
- Down, Forward, LP = Diagonal Beam
- Foward, Down, Forward = Teleport
- Down, Back, Kick = Ground Pound
- Down, Forward, Kick = "Taste my power" Charge
- Down, Forward, 2 Punches = Cosmic Beam (in air)
- Down, Back, 2 Punches = Cosmic Explosion (in air)
- Down, Back, 2 Kicks = Multi Charge
Stage: Space stage by Italian Stallion