collapse

Author Topic: Looking for People that can make Chars, Stages, & More.  (Read 980 times)

Offline battlesphere

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 19, 2009, 03:02:10 PM
Looking for People that can make Chars, Stages, & More.
« on: January 28, 2008, 01:52:46 AM »
(IGNORE THIS MESSAGE. GO TO THE NEWER ONE WHICH IS IN THE LINK BELOW.)

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=9558.0
 ^^(PM)^
Hello there people.  :)

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Andrew Broome. I am new to the Infinity Mugen Team and I am in need of a bit of assistance.

You see, there is a Mugen idea that I would like to create into a reality for Mugen fans. I think they will like it. When I first came up with the idea (Before I ever heard of Mugen), I wanted to put my idea in the same graphics you see in the newer games (Such as Halo 3 and other games like that). But of course I know it won't become a reality seeing how it involves every fictional universe like Sega, Nintento, Capcom, Marvel, SNK, DC Comics, Midway, and much more.  :o

But that was until I heard of Mugen and thought that maybe I could bring the idea I have in mind into Mugen instead. The only difference is that it will be in 2-D graphics instead of the graphics I wanted.  :'( Oh well, that's life.  :D

Well, I ain't getting to the point, aren't I.  >:-(-| Sorry if this message is too long.  <_<|...|

The idea I have in mind is called Battle-Sphere. It starts off to where an extra terrestrial being from a universe no one has ever heard of before brings every fictional character to his universe so that they can all fight eachother to see who's better than the rest. The gameplay will be a combination of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Guilty Gear XX, and Mortal Kombat.

But here's what I'm looking for.  @-) I am looking for people who can create characters that are in Capcom, intros and endings for the characters, an intro for the game, stages, and screenpacks.

If you're interested, just reply this and I will get to you as soon as I can. I will also explain how I would want things to go for this idea.

I hope I recieve help from many people.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 10:26:10 AM by battlesphere »

This is for those who thought I wasn't gonna do anything.
Andrew-the-Hedgehog's deviantART gallery

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
Re: Looking for People that can make Chars, Stages, & More.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 05:39:31 AM »
Nice idea.

*You may wanna elaborate on your participation and background though*

I doubt ppl are just gonna sign up for a good idea w/o the guy pitching it having any kinda extended graphics resume. Otherwise your ideas will remain exactly that....an idea.

%%-
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline battlesphere

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:58:11 AM »
Hmm... I'm kind of having trouble understanding what you mean, but I'll see if I understand it correctly.

Mostly, what I would do for those who decide to assist, I will ask them which one(s) they'd like to do.

The characters, the stages, or the screenpack.

With the characters, I would like each character to be in the same graphics as the Capcom characters. With some of the Mugen characters I downloaded that are from Capcom vs. SNK, they have this groove selection thing that shows up while the character is taunting before the battle. That's one of the things I'd like to happen.

The other thing involves blood. With the MK characters and the Guilty Gear characters, whenever they use lethal/deadly weapons or when they use powerful melee attacks, blood comes out of their opponent. I'd like that to happen with all the characters in this idea of mine. And I would also like the blood color to change depending on who they're fighting. For example, if they fight Frieza from DBZ, purple blood. If an Alien Warrior from AVP, greenish-yellowish.

As for the sign they give out when they use a special, I haven't fully thought of one yet. But I think through the process, I'll think of something. Either that, or somebody will throw me an idea.

As for what characters they can make, they can make any character they want as long as they have the conditions I was mentioning and as long as if they are their actual size. I mean I see some mugen videos where Optimus Prime is about the size of Zangief. I don't want that. If Prime's going to be in it, I would want him to be the size he would really be. If they choose characters, they could decide to start on one of any three selections I have in mind. Either they can create whatever character they want, they could create my favorite characters  ;D, or they could create characters that have been made up by me.

If they choose the first one, I would just let them create the character however they want just as long as they follow the conditions.

If they pick the second one, I will present to them a list of all my favorite characters 2 each from each company. Ones that are good guys, the others that are either bad guys or newtrals. I'll even show them pictures of the characters and pictures that show how tall/short each character is compared to MvC Ryu.

If they pick the third one, I would mostly show them sprite edits I did of character sprites I've found and worked hard on. One character I made is a MvC Mega Man with a combination of his abilities and Onslaught's abilities. If you saw Mega Man's ending in Marvel vs Capcom, you'd see why I made that character. The boss will take time to plan out though.

For the stages, they can create whatever stage they want. But I would mostly prefer they do low-rez stages. Because for some strange reason, when I use high-rez stages on my Mugen, my characters keep floating in the middle of it.

As for the screenpack, I will show them a drawing of what I have in mind. I should get started on it as soon as I can.

So, was that enough information or what I just said was completely off topic?

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 08:39:47 AM »
honestly...the community doesn`t really work like that...
Believe me,nobody will actually join a project designed by someone who doesn`t know almost anything about the engine(you don`t even know that there`s a Hi-res and a Mugen Plus that run HI-res stages properly,with the latter being able to run both kinds of stages)
If you want to start a project,do ahead and good luck,but if all you have is ideas and don`t know how to make them,i doubt someone will join you...sorry  :-??

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 28, 2024, 12:10:06 AM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 09:50:14 AM »
Believe me,nobody will actually join a project designed by someone who doesn`t know almost anything about the engine(you don`t even know that there`s a Hi-res and a Mugen Plus that run HI-res stages properly,with the latter being able to run both kinds of stages)
If you want to start a project,do ahead and good luck,but if all you have is ideas and don`t know how to make them,i doubt someone will join you...sorry  :-??

Hi Andrew. I quoted KPT25 above because what he says is true. You have pitched a hell of a game idea that will definitely take longer than a year to produce with many pitfalls. Your idea sound good, but with the amount of detail you have written, it looks to me you want only the most serious of coders and top notch sprite artists and to garner that kind of support with just an idea and without the credentials to back yourself up, well, it is like MunkyMouf said.. just an idea.

Offline MirageAtoli

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 13, 2011, 03:25:23 AM
  • Oh, my Paws and Whiskers!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 05:03:20 PM »
you don`t even know that there`s a Hi-res and a Mugen Plus that run HI-res stages properly,with the latter being able to run both kinds of stages

Not for both platforms.

battlesphere does seem to have alot of passion. I only hope that gets put to use.

Offline Draco

• GFX Artist
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:December 26, 2008, 02:11:28 AM
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 05:16:06 PM »
 <_<|...|

Offline battlesphere

• Initiate
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 06:15:07 PM »
*Sigh* Yeah. I guess you guys are right.  <_<|...| It's amazing on how the world works. You come up with something great and what happens, people turn you down.

I honestly had no person take my side my entire life. It was always the world vs me. Do you guys think it's easy for me? I'm sorry for bringing drama into this right now, but it's the truth.

I'm sorry. I've just been alone for about 5 months here in the bay area. It's not easy for me right now to talk to people. I have soo lost my self of steam.

Well, good luck with your projects seeing how the only thing I can do is watch and stay silent. Like I have been for the past 7 years.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 06:33:24 PM »
I honestly had no person take my side my entire life. It was always the world vs me.

ALL THE MORE REASON TO PROVE YOU CAN DO IT & PROVE YOURSELF TO OTHERS, PLUS BUILD CONFIDENCE :)
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 08:12:37 PM »
It's amazing on how the world works. You come up with something great and what happens, people turn you down.
I'm telling ya. No one ever picked up my idea for an Orochi Chang with a bazooka that fires an assortment of rabid animals that are smaller than a bread basket.

But seriously, what's stopping you from starting yourself? Stages are easy to make, characters take a little more work but it's very rewarding to see your own work and ideas come to life.

Don't rely on handouts and grab life by the grapes  :)

Offline ~Wolfpaul~

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 06, 2012, 05:57:31 PM
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 08:27:44 PM »
serously thats true, if no one is on your side, you got to prove yourself. no one is turning you down, you have great ideas and some people might help you and some wont but even if you dont have the best spriters or stage makers, you can do it. alot of time, patience, and hard work but it all pays off. No one makes perfect things but you got to be proud of what you have made.  %%-

Userbar By The Dude Z

Offline battlesphere

• Initiate
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 08:31:05 PM »
Hmm... Good idea.  :)

Know where I can get started on creating things on my own plus finding the sprites I need?  :-?? I mostly need Capcom vs. SNK 2 sprites, Guilty Gear XX sprites, and Mortal Kombat sprites. I can find the other sprites I need, I just need those three. And I also need to know where to get the program I need to create the stuff.

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 16, 2009, 04:58:10 PM
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 08:33:40 PM »
Hmm... Good idea.  :)

Know where I can get started on creating things on my own plus finding the sprites I need?  :-?? I mostly need Capcom vs. SNK 2 sprites, Guilty Gear XX sprites, and Mortal Kombat sprites. I can find the other sprites I need, I just need those three. And I also need to know where to get the program I need to create the stuff.
google fighter factory , then download it.
also, read the docs folder in winmugen when you download it, be sure to understand it 100%

as for sprites, go to mugen china(google) and look at there sprite databas.

if you need an account use mine since i only go there for sprites and kofz updates.

user: dshiznetz
pass: omygod33

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »
Since your new, I will not get on your case.

Everybody here started where you are at right now.

Most of us started on our own, reading tutorials and such.

The first thing people always ask is how do I make characters.

Well if your new to mugen, try reading the DOCS that come with it.

Its very simple to read, and it details everything to you step by step.

Trust me, this forum is here to help you with whatever you need but you also have to help yourself.

Learn the ins and out of mugen before creating, then their will be nothing in your way from creating anything you want.

BTW if your looking for sprites we do have a OPEN SOURCE section where you can find sprites, sounds, ect.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=18.0
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline battlesphere

• Initiate
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 08:45:01 PM »
Thanks. :thumbsup:

Offline battlesphere

• Initiate
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 09:04:48 PM »
By the way, whoever made MvC Ice Man from Mega Man, nice work.  :thumbsup: His victory poses are hilarious.  :DxDie

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 28, 2024, 12:10:06 AM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 10:09:48 PM »
By the way, whoever made MvC Ice Man from Mega Man, nice work.  :thumbsup: His victory poses are hilarious.  :DxDie

:-[

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 10:44:57 PM »

:-[

lmao

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 08:13:44 AM »
Here is another good source for open source sprites:

http://forum.paodemugen.com.br/index.php?s=1e86bc6e94520f8c6ba37f1c21fae960&showforum=106

Good luck!  %%-

Offline battlesphere

• Initiate
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 01:12:36 PM »
Hey, I know you. You're that guy who did Karai from TMNT in the Mugen History website.

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 02:04:32 PM »
also youll find support in the help section.
but dont give up. ill be  hard job. but just dont give up!

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 04:16:52 PM »
Hey, I know you. You're that guy who did Karai from TMNT in the Mugen History website.

Oh, yes I am  :-[. Most of my Mugen creations are hosted here and at MH as well.

I agree with Maran~sama as well. The help section here has a ton of useful information to those beginning in Mugen creation. I'm sure you'l find a lot of useful tips and helpful people there.  ;)

Offline battlesphere

• Initiate
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 12:31:16 PM »
This is just a question I have for everyone. Has anyone ever made Judge Dredd from 2000 AD comics?  :-?? I'm just curious.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 07:32:22 PM »
This is just a question I have for everyone. Has anyone ever made Judge Dredd from 2000 AD comics?  :-?? I'm just curious.

You should pose that question here...
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=3045.0;topicseen
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 09:56:10 PM »
I've just started to make mugen portraits and have learned a lot over my mugen infancy. I remember thinking,"damn this is hard to do." It's not you just got to practice and not quit. You came to the right place though. This is the best place to meet the most active and creative mugenites around. Plenty %%- you'll get it! Then you'll build your army.

Thanks DG!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar