collapse

Author Topic: Poison Ivy  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Mr.Giang

• Last Login:October 03, 2018, 10:25:46 AM
  • Editor
Re: Poison Ivy
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 03:37:35 AM »

You seem to take it well. However, be careful how to write your messages. This is confusing. Your reaction is interesting. You demonstrated your argument with a useful link. for the future, I wish you to find a team where you will be able to exercise your talent and to be recognized. This can be a good start for you. Maybe we'll see you on interesting projects.

Go to the next, no hard feelings.

Stay cool.

:w00t:

Thanks! I'm quite excited with this community's reaction on my words though. No real hard feelings, I will just take my bad and leave here.

I certainly don't take this the wrong way. There's a clear line between an attack and critic. Your whole wording in your first post is bashing.

I have yet to read in your post any constructive critic how you think:
- Harbinger could improve on the OK sprites
- How the characters moves could feel less stiff
- How the Hypers could be less lame , uninteresting
- How the character could be less underwhelming and less of an dissapointment
- How the hitboxes can be less weird

Very sorry about those opinionated adjectives, English wasn't my first language so sometimes my words can be used in a wrong way, creating unintended offensive atmosphere (as those words actually aren't as opinionated in my language as it is here). I will just silence and take this as my bad.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:44:44 AM by Mr.Giang »
*EDIT: NO LINKING TO WORKS NOT ORIGINALLY YOURS PLEASE*

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 08, 2024, 01:39:46 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 10:14:36 AM »
Guys, please don't feed the trolls. Someone who post such rant on a creator topic, while the same person had stolen content from that creator, isn't here to help.
Neither is welcome here - this is why he is muted.

Let's go back to the topic.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 15, 2024, 09:40:21 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2018, 10:21:49 AM »
Thanks! I'm quite excited with this community's reaction on my words though. No real hard feelings, I will just take my bad and leave here.

Very sorry about those opinionated adjectives, English wasn't my first language so sometimes my words can be used in a wrong way, creating unintended offensive atmosphere (as those words actually aren't as opinionated in my language as it is here). I will just silence and take this as my bad.
everything you said was just but it about how you word it. IM NOTORIOUS for being  REALLY DIRECT and giving harsh feed back and what i learned is it a yin and yang.  For every good there is a bad and every bad good.  So to help people you gotta tell them both. often if you say only X is bad without mentioning the good cause people to view the whole as bad and when or if changes are made they my change the entire piece not knowing there was good elements. Also to have nothing good is not encouragement. Why would you wanna keep doing something or made it better if the entire thing is bad. Not all people have that" Ill prove you wrong attitude and even those that do the negativity can be draining.

I like your feed back. We NEED more people out their with this kind of eye but you got be more tactful and helpful.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:47:38 PM by Rage »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 08, 2024, 01:39:46 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 10:28:58 AM »
IM NOTORIOUS for being  REALLY DIRECT and giving harsh feed back and what i learned is it a yin and yang.  For every good there is a bad and every bad good
And I am also known by the same reason, lol. But this was not the main issue here.

Don't waste your time with someone who says things like this:

Let us be honest, people know about ZVitor for his great sprite works with characters, not for actual gameplay as many of them are just literally Ryu's with some gimmicks (check old Cyborg and Jason Todd, even his Green Arrow, which I'm working to make him at least playable like his Injustice 2 counterpart), barely-working MvC air-combo and Hypers/Specials that are literally un-chainable. Those kinds of poorly-coded styles are not what I want other to remember about ZVitor. That would be a waste of spriteworks.

But let it go. That guy won't be a problem here anymore.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:51:18 PM by .:O Ilusionista:. »

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2018, 02:31:46 PM »
so..... i do a "great sprite work".... and Harbinger on Poison Ivy  "5 is for the OK sprite-work, not really amazing but still usable"
 :-??
....ok

anyway, thanks for feedback guys, started to work on her fixes, a huge list, was a long time away from mugen and looks like i really forgot some basic stuffs to her gameplay.

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »
No worries Z! Take your time!!  :w00t:

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2018, 03:55:28 PM »
wow what a way to kill somebodys join on a very cool character release. tom and Z dont worry about what others say, this is a really nice character, yes there are just somethings that need adjustments but that should not take away from what an amazing character you both released.. thank you so much for this.. always when there is a character released, there will be things we forget or dont see, thats what feedback is for and i know Z will take care of that. it happens to all of us. im still excited to be able to play with her, she got some cool and nice moves. very original and refreshing. i hope many learn from this and stop the damn swaps that are killing mugen..

Offline swanky

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 06, 2024, 04:59:41 PM
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2018, 04:25:47 AM »
I really liked her sprite work, haven't had an issue with the size of her hands / feet. Some moves (her HK) still have bit much of Urien in it, but it's acceptable.
Some of her moves feel a bit weird though. Her QCB-HP Flower grab could hold the enemy a little longer; as of right now the enemy is rag dolled which is the weakest effect of all three versions.
QCB/K is always spawned beneath p2 instead of having a variable range like the other plant moves. Maybe you can make it a move that has variable range and can knock p2 back (QCB LK into QCB MK into QCB HK version).
Her QCF P is not combo-able, but I assume that is due to its strong effect?
Her QCF K takes off her flow, making her static is a huge weak point in the move.
As O'Illusionista mentioned, her HK appears a bit strong.

If anything, aside from an AI I would love to have an optional Guard Push and Hyper Win KOs, but given the nature of the project I will fully understand if you would not implement that.

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 07, 2021, 12:14:08 PM
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2018, 01:25:10 AM »
so..... i do a "great sprite work".... and Harbinger on Poison Ivy  "5 is for the OK sprite-work, not really amazing but still usable"
 :-??
....ok

anyway, thanks for feedback guys, started to work on her fixes, a huge list, was a long time away from mugen and looks like i really forgot some basic stuffs to her gameplay.

Maaaaan... Welcome back to Mugen!  ^:)^

Just happy to see you back in the Mugen world. Trust me we understand how some times your interests can go to other things like we know you're more interested in OpenBOR right now. I remember your Catwoman was missing the CLSN and how you take note of everything and work on fixes.. over the past few years, you haven't really uploaded fixes but as a true fan who visits your blog and patreon site weekly, I can't complain as you simultaneously work on full length OpenBOR games

I'm just happy you took the time to even give some of your Mugen fans a highly anticipated project.

Some times ppl's feedback may come off a little harsh but some times it may be a factor of them being really excited to see something from you and knowing what you're capable of. Personally, I love Ivy and can't wait for Damien Wayne. Most of the gameplay fixes noted haven't stopped me from loving the character and I already know those fixes are easy for you.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2018, 04:27:00 AM »
@Zvitor: It was a troll that even stole someone else's work, and they've been muted. Don't even worry about them. lol!
What do you mean by you forgot some basic stuff to her gameplay btw? Is there more to be added towards her basic attacks, or...?

Any other DC / Marvel characters you're working on? :)
I'm really hoping for a new Harley Quinn with either her Arkham Asylum or Arkham Knight outfit. I can see the Arkham Knight one being a pain to sprite though. >:D

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2018, 09:48:24 AM »
Any other DC / Marvel characters you're working on? :)
I'm really hoping for a new Harley Quinn with either her Arkham Asylum or Arkham Knight outfit. I can see the Arkham Knight one being a pain to sprite though. >:D
I know Batz has been working on a revamp of his Harley for a good while now. Not sure how the progress on it's going through

Offline Hellzone

• Character Creator Newbie
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 11, 2019, 09:08:42 PM
    • Skype - defcon_awesome
    • ItzHellzone Gaming
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2018, 01:33:50 AM »
Great Work Guys!  :w00t: I Hope to see more from you too in the future

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 11, 2024, 10:03:02 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2018, 10:20:46 AM »
Poison Ivy must have been difficult to do. Nicely done.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2018, 04:50:55 AM »
Hey man I found another bug!  :)

When she performs the aerial hyper she stays in the air and even walk in the air!

Dont know if someone else already mentioned this to u but I thought to inform u!  :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:59:24 AM by NX-MEN »

Offline DeleFresh

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 05, 2023, 09:13:28 PM
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2018, 10:09:33 PM »
Still really looking forward your Robin. Since ZVitor's Jason Todd, his chars really went downhill though but I really hope that things will get better.

Hey!

I finally got a chance to try her  out, she is a great addition to the higher tier pantheon of characters for MUGEN (Thor, Wonder Woman, Hawkman,etc.). 

I disagree with the comment about the hands (for what my opinion is worth).  I really enjoy stylistic choices for fighting game characters that make them standout (weird as it may seem, I find Moondragon and Power Girl's MUGEN counterparts interesting because they stand out so much!)  Poison Ivy's look (stance and all) are just so charming!

I include the quote above (not to bring it up again, but) to refute it completely.  Unless, I'm mistaken, didn't zVitor create Hawkman after Jason Todd?!!  Hawkman alone makes the comments ridiculous.  What a goof!

At any rate, excellent character!  Sound, animations, movements and specials are all great.  I'm sure as time goes on she'll get updates and tweaks - I look forward to them all!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 01:06:04 PM by DeleFresh »

Offline Harbinger

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 27, 2024, 12:05:56 PM
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2019, 03:17:34 PM »
Happy New Year everyone

Poison Ivy Update 5.1.19

http://www.zvitor.com.br/projeto/ivy.html

Thanks for your previous feedback. I don't have a full list of changes but most of the feedback has been looked at by ZVitor. Infinites from basic attacks should be gone. Her vine stance should now be improved. Moves can be cancelled into specials/hypers among other general bug fixes.

Hopefully you'll enjoy trying her out again but please let me know of anymore feedback

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2019, 04:27:20 PM »
Thanks for feedbacks guys, and please bring more, im returning to mugen and forgot some basic stuffs, any feedback is welcome.

---Small change on how plant trap hyper works
fixed-- infinite was spore kiss to trap special, back to kiss, plant summon and so on
fixed-- make CLK faster than CMK
fixed-- fixing sounds channels
fixed-- Ivy doesn't get pushed back if she hits an opponent with her crouching punch normals
fixed-- Crouching LP is an infinite
fixed-- Crouching HP is an infinite and shouldnt be able to do it more than once. Needs to be recoverable in air
fixed-- When plant frenzy is blocked or opponent pushed away grass doesn't appear under the plants
fixed-- If someone blocks her QCB's LP or HP variations the plant kinda just stays there with a hitbox but it doesn't hit the opponent. So it just forces them to block when they try to press back while walking over it
fixed-- Blossoming Cage can be performed in the air
fixed-- Debug flood
fixed-- Super jumping shouldn't be restricted to just pressing Down > Up quickly. You should also be able to press Down > Up-Forward/Up-Back and super jump in the respective direction
fixed-- When the round ends while she is in her vine stance, it takes forever for her to finally go into her win animation.
fixed-- Crouching LP seems to be an infinite in the corner otg
fixed-- the hyper move on state 3200 simple add  triggerall = StateType != A to the command call on the cmd
fixed-- Her pain animations. Looking at her files, I realized that the problem is not exactly the images but the animation code. Instead of being in the frame that shows the strongest damage, it goes back to the starting frame, which gives a weird impression - it seems to receive no damage at all.
fixed-- Can't perform crouching attacks during forward dash.
fixed-- She has absolutely no cancels from what I can tell. So no normals >specials or supers.
fixed-- Why does crouch MK knock p2 into the air? There's no reason I can see, why this is a thing. TBH, it makes any combo involving cr.MK feel janky. It also makes cr.MK not good for spacing/pokes. Although cr.LK is a better option in general, even if cr.MK didn't oddly pop p2 up, still doesn't excuse cr.MK's oddness.
fixed-- her Vine Stance really shouldn't last indefinitely. It should just last for a few seconds if you don't do anything and she just goes back to her normal stance. In fact, if you want to add some 'mind game' like maneuvers to it, add the ability to quick cancel it yourself. Like make any punch cancel the move, instead of having the punches do the same thing as the kicks while in Vine Stance.
fixed-- the hitbox for her grab is really crappy. Since it doesn't go all the way down to the ground, it becomes impossible to grab some smaller/crouching characters.
fixed-- Vine stance - way too slow and way too much start up. Most attacks are too slow
fixed-- Needs the ability to switch sides with her current throw.
fixed-- small portrait not linked to palette
fixed to hypers only------- On stages where the ground moves up and down, many of her flowers stay static.
stand attacks cancel to launcher --- Can't chain from crouching to standing attacks and vice versa

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM »
Big surprise guys however I have difficulty to get into Zvitor's website!   :'( Any mirror link?

Anybody else faces same problem?

Offline DeleFresh

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 05, 2023, 09:13:28 PM
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2019, 01:45:03 PM »
Thanks for feedbacks guys, and please bring more, im returning to mugen and forgot some basic stuffs, any feedback is welcome.

---Small change on how plant trap hyper works
fixed-- infinite was spore kiss to trap special, back to kiss, plant summon and so on
fixed-- make CLK faster than CMK
fixed-- fixing sounds channels
fixed-- Ivy doesn't get pushed back if she hits an opponent with her crouching punch normals
fixed-- Crouching HP is an infinite and shouldnt be able to do it more than once. Needs to be recoverable in air
fixed-- When plant frenzy is blocked or opponent pushed away grass doesn't appear under the plants
fixed-- If someone blocks her QCB's LP or HP variations the plant kinda just stays there with a hitbox but it doesn't hit the opponent. So it just forces them to block when they try to press back while walking over it
fixed-- Blossoming Cage can be performed in the air
fixed-- Debug flood
fixed-- Super jumping shouldn't be restricted to just pressing Down > Up quickly. You should also be able to press Down > Up-Forward/Up-Back and super jump in the respective direction
fixed-- When the round ends while she is in her vine stance, it takes forever for her to finally go into her win animation.
fixed-- the hyper move on state 3200 simple add  triggerall = StateType != A to the command call on the cmd
fixed-- Her pain animations. Looking at her files, I realized that the problem is not exactly the images but the animation code. Instead of being in the frame that shows the strongest damage, it goes back to the starting frame, which gives a weird impression - it seems to receive no damage at all.
fixed-- Can't perform crouching attacks during forward dash.
fixed-- She has absolutely no cancels from what I can tell. So no normals >specials or supers.
fixed-- Why does crouch MK knock p2 into the air? There's no reason I can see, why this is a thing. TBH, it makes any combo involving cr.MK feel janky. It also makes cr.MK not good for spacing/pokes. Although cr.LK is a better option in general, even if cr.MK didn't oddly pop p2 up, still doesn't excuse cr.MK's oddness.
fixed-- her Vine Stance really shouldn't last indefinitely. It should just last for a few seconds if you don't do anything and she just goes back to her normal stance. In fact, if you want to add some 'mind game' like maneuvers to it, add the ability to quick cancel it yourself. Like make any punch cancel the move, instead of having the punches do the same thing as the kicks while in Vine Stance.
fixed-- the hitbox for her grab is really crappy. Since it doesn't go all the way down to the ground, it becomes impossible to grab some smaller/crouching characters.
fixed-- Vine stance - way too slow and way too much start up. Most attacks are too slow
fixed-- Needs the ability to switch sides with her current throw.
fixed-- small portrait not linked to palette
fixed to hypers only------- On stages where the ground moves up and down, many of her flowers stay static.
stand attacks cancel to launcher --- Can't chain from crouching to standing attacks and vice versa

Good update and quickly testing her, noticed a couple things: 

- I can do a bit of a repetitive combo in corner with her.  wP, mP, hP -> Spore kiss, repeat (it looks like it maxes out at 22 hits before it can't continue, so not sure if this is on purpose).

- its got pushback but she can still do at least 6 hits as a combo (and I assume it was always meant to hit grounded opponents? It can combo 10 times on a grounded opponent in the corner)

- I can still do this repeatedly (not sure if its on purpose - but it only hits once)

- her specials are MUCH better now (especially given she can cancel a lot more now) - worth pointing out she can do some really creative stuff.

Excellent work guys!  Looking forward to the full game!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 02:41:46 PM by DeleFresh »

Offline onetkun

• Last Login:February 18, 2024, 07:11:38 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2019, 06:41:34 PM »
Big surprise guys however I have difficulty to get into Zvitor's website!   :'( Any mirror link?

I do. I've been unable to access Z's web for while. And I have to depend on other forums to get any Z's char.

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2019, 11:55:11 PM »
Thanks guys,
and thanks for more feedback DeleFresh

http://www.zvitor.com/downloads/poisonivy_v1.1.rar
direct link works? if yes, will post all my released at blog too

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar