collapse

Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles - Metal Face v1.0  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Mumk.rar

• Nemesis
  • Last Login:December 03, 2016, 12:43:27 AM
  • Её крики были музыкой для моих ушей.
Xenoblade Chronicles - Metal Face v1.0
« on: January 22, 2016, 03:35:22 PM »
Video preview: https://vid.me/e/wRze
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcj8shvoriu460h/BlackFace.rar?dl=0
Warning: will cause lag on weaker systems (as seen in the video), especially when calling other Face units.

This is my first character and it is first Faced Mechon encountered in Xenoblade Chronicles and the main villain until things get complicated. His original name is "Black Face" ("Black" because his body uses black as its main color), but you know him as "Metal Face", so, i will use this name.

This is boss character with brutal AI that will quickly remind you of those bosses from fighting games like Mortal Kombat. He does not cheats like Shao Kahn and has no super armor frames of any kind, but he is not balanced like normal characters. Infinites are not going to work well on him either since he can call assist characters even when getting hit or doing something else (when hit, it costs half of power bar + power required to call that assist character at any other time, but it should not take much for him to get enough power) and he will call them when he is getting hit for too long. You cannot hit them, but they can hit you. Using 2 characters is not an option either since he is set to increase attack and defence power if there are 2 or more opponents at once and if at least one opponent's defence and attack stats are higher than default 100 (how high those 2 stats rise depends on how high that character's stats are). He is not unbeatable though - his AI messes up sometimes and does not likes low attacks much. I have not studied it much, but i have seen Nu-13 from BlazBlue beat him despite having far less HP by using same attacks until match is over.

Metal Face uses 4 buttons for attacks and 2 buttons for assists. Has 2 winning animations, 2 intros (one against normal characters and one when there is more than one opponent or opponent's attack and defence stats are higher than 100) and voice he has in Xenoblade Chronicles (Norio Wakamoto goodness will be available later). Has only one special/optional animation (Midnight Bliss and i did not waste much time on this) is available because others would not work (there is nothing that can burn, he would look weird when frozen and the only thing inside is his endoskeleton if he even has one).
A - LK/SK (after LK/LP)
B - MK (only when standing or when in the air)/SK (only when crouching)/Throw (only on the ground, if holding :6 or :4)
X - LP/SP (after LP/LK)
Y - MP (only when standing or when in the air)/SP (only when crouching)/Throw (only on the ground, if holding :6 or :4)
:2 :3 :6 :p - Ether Bullet - shoots a blue ball of ether* energy. Knocks down. Can recover. Will aim diagonally up if Y is used on the ground. If X is used in the air, will aim diagonally down. Otherwise, aims straight.

:2 :1 :4 :p - Dead Way - generates blue disc made of ether energy that quickly moves forward. If it hits something, it will stop for some time, then go through normally. Gives Metal Face enough time to perform other specials. If used in the air, aims diagonally down. Projectile goes down until it reaches the ground, then moves forward.

:2 :3 :6 :k (only on the ground) - Murder Screw - spins in place, generating ether energy around him that slices opponent. Hitbox lasts even after Metal Face stops spinning. Causes wall bounce. Metal Face can move while spinning and opponent is pulled in while doing so.

:2 :1 :4 :k - Eagle Slice - leans back, then quickly dashes forward while spinning like a drill. Causes ground bounce and leaves Metal Face in the air. Goes through opponent. In the air, aims diagonally down and causes wall bounce if last hitbox connects.

BY - Flight mode - jumps into the air and can freely move in the air until he is hit, uses a hyper attack or lands by himself.

C - Jade Face assist - calls Jade Face to use his Laser Bullet art**. There is delay between pressing the button and him appearing, but he will yell "Locking on to target!" once you press the button and he is called. Jade Face himself causes wall bounce while his projectiles are just normal projectiles and launch up if they hit after touching the ground. Shots go to the left corner of the screen no matter what direction Metal Face is...facing. Requires half of power bar or 1 whole power bar when used while getting hit. Can be used at same time with other 2 Faces. Has OTG properties.

Z - Xord/Bronze Face assist - calls Xord to use his Wild Crash art. Opponent is launched straight down when he  goes down, then launched up when he lands. Always appears above opponent. Requires 1 power bar or 1.5 power bars when used while getting hit. Can be used at same time with other 2 Faces. Has OTG properties.

CZ - Silver Face/Face Nemesis - calls Silver Face to use her Sublime Cure art on him. Restores 25% of his health. Health restoration is not instant, so, he still can be KO-d. Always appears on the left side of the screen, but it always restores Metal Face's health. Requires 3 power bars or 3.5 power bars when used while getting hit. Can be used at same time with other 2 Faces.

:2 :3 :6 :2 :3 :6 :p :p (ground) - Linear Laser - shoots a beam of ether energy from his cannon attached to his back. Cannon can hit before beam appears. Requires 1 power bar. Has OTG properties.

:2 :3 :6 :2 :3 :6 :p :p (air) - Ether Bullet - goes into jet mode, then shoots 5 blue balls of ether energy at his opponent while moving up. Projectiles go diagonally down. Explosions can hurt. Requires 1 power bar.  Has OTG properties.

:2 :1 :4 :2 :1 :4 :p :p - Dead End - goes into jet mode, then moves offscreen before dashing toward opponent at high speed. Can't be hit during this hyper. Will always have same vertical position as opponent. Requires 1 power bar.

:2 :3 :6 :2 :3 :6 :p :k (only on the ground) - Massacre Lotus - attempts to grab his opponent. If successful, he will stab him/her/it 7 times. Requires 2 power bars.

:2 :3 :6 :2 :3 :6 :k :k - Custom Grand Shot. Jumps into the air, then goes into jet mode and shoots a very powerful beam of ether energy. Stuns opponent even if blocked. Requires 3 power bars. Has OTG properties. Full-screen range.

:2 :1 :4 :2 :1 :4 :k :k (only on the ground) - Last Resort - uses Killing Claw art, then Dead Way and then finishes it with Linear Laser. Has OTG properties. Requires 3 power bars.

*Ether - "building block of all life" in Xenoblade, but it is also used for energy.
**Arts - basically every attack that is not a normal/basic one.

Credits to...some guy with "SmashBros" in his name who made those animations and to whoever made character i used as a base (there was no name) And to my friend for translating what i was trying to say to English.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles - Metal Face v1.0
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 03:49:09 PM »
From what I saw at the video, its pretty cool!
But I think there are too much effects sometime, its hard even to see what is going on.

Offline Mumk.rar

• Nemesis
  • Last Login:December 03, 2016, 12:43:27 AM
  • Её крики были музыкой для моих ушей.
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles - Metal Face v1.0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 03:59:58 PM »
From what I saw at the video, its pretty cool!
But I think there are too much effects sometime, its hard even to see what is going on.
I think it is just hitsparks. Will be better if hitsparks reduced in size or replaced. Localcoord might help.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:11:09 PM by Mumk.rar »

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal