collapse

Author Topic: Shanty Town's Finest: Trashcan Larry wip by Crom Lando  (Read 725 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Shanty Town's Finest: Trashcan Larry wip by Crom Lando
« on: December 30, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »
Presenting everyone with my first solo character wip :

mad props and respect for the beautiful skills on the official Crom sword and sig by my buddy and good knucklehead bro Mr. Wolfdog!  ^:)^

Vid short promo: Big thanx Supa2520 for the vid work man.  :thumbsup:

This is my wip to be released sometime in 2014: Trashcan Larry! He is a funny dude based on some of the inside jokes me and Arkady ( Arch) always make cracks about being hobo's .  :D
His moveset is based on various chartacters that will become his own style. he isnt a shoto clone as he will have his own moves. I want to put a lot of comedy type stuff in him but even moreso focus on his gameplay elements and mechanics.  He is neither cvs or an mvc style. but rather a custom style based on some of the games i will be trying to emulate from the newer games.

his look is based off of what i seen personally and as well the stuff in images and put them together to come up with a total weird look but adding in some funny moves and some cool technical stuff here and there. he uses a varied range of weapons like a a plunger, throws pizza boxes, trashcan lid for high blocks,and many other things. He is a bonafide practioner of the Shanty Fist style. Meaning he uses anything he can and wants to at his disposal.  i will soon add in a Bg story for him and all to read.

Its my first mugen character and testing ground  character so i not going all out detail wise but keepin things simple but cool and funny.  :thumbsup:.   I as well take ideas for specials and supers as i do have plenty now but i would like some others to replace some ideas i already have written down for him.  :) i shall try to add in as much craziness as possible. yall know how i am and i am all about fun and laughs, so this dude surely will be just that with a touch of some cool stuff added in. I shall keep posted work on him as i do him as much as can .
so far he has done in sprite and code work:
Stance ( getting tweaked for frames and smoother animation0
walk forward
walk backwards
stand block ( with trashcan lid lol)
crouch
crouch block
1 intro
one win pose
1 taunt

i just started him last month and going back to him after the holidays  to finish a few other sheets i have which are his jump sprites and run and dash back sprites. Once i got those basic movements out the way i will move on to the get hits, which i tend to make some pretty foolery ones. holding up signs as he gets hit  or and having the word ( fragile ) on his cardboard box as he is hit. lol  That plunger he has.,.. has many applications. he uses it for a MK scorpion like spear move ( almost same way) a naruto super using it...yeah if you watch naruto first season, you will know exactly where its going.  LOL  and many other stuff as well. But i am adding in other projectiles and other weapons of "hoboness' as i can for many specials  and even some stuff in basics .  :thumbsup:

some  screenshots:

This is the old stance before i switched to the new one that i must re-edit and add more frames to as well to be smoother. I wanted a stance that wasnt a shoto style. lol

He will also be released with his own stage as well.   :)  this stage ( shanty town village ) will be getting all fixed up as well before the release.

there will be some intros and supers featuring some of his crew and various other guys:
Blackswag and PO-33 ( Arch hobo character Trenchcoat Larry and another dude Garbage Can Pete are missing for the moment. i have GC Pete sprite but cant find it at the moment lol ) will appear in intros and supers and some win poses. Spidermew as well will be a Super as part of Larry super moves.  :thumbsup:

I am working on Larry to be completes in 2014 and as well ABR new stuff along with an outside community artist helpin along with me hand drawn characters that need it and other things  As well i am doing work on  Crom the game and Jesse Quick wip. i shall be very busy in 2014 and beyond. lol . Will keep updating things as they get done and got to point of goodness to show.  Thanx everyone for viewing. ::salute::

Huge thanx to my inside coder, great friend and  bro for helpin me get him started and all the future advice and helps. ::salute:: ;)

Hail Crom! XD||
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:02:50 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando (aka Trashcan Larry) »

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 07:13:47 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
Re: Shanty Town's Finest: Trashcan Larry wip by Crom Lando
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »
 XD||  EPIC!!!!  ^:)^
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:32:28 PM by Arch »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 01:32:04 PM »
EPIC!!!!
:) bro
i got 3 mini sheets of the last basics movements to finish: jumps, forward run and dash back. then i am deciding wether to hop onto the get hits ( which will be funny and using that whole "fragile" text on his box when he gets hit.  :D or roll into the basic attacks whole animation sheets. I got one super already laid out in sprites to edit, the flying pizza boxes projectiles are done in sprites,  stand turn and  crouch turn is done as well and already in him now coded,  Spider mew sprites will be finished for the super which i already got together and just have to edit the few frames and done , i got the pokeball sprite done and have to just edit the sprites i have for the larry doing the " I choose you" animation ( just need now the blast effect Spidermew will do lol)  and then so forth as usual sprite work goes and and will be  trying to code as i finish each set.  :thumbsup:

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 07:13:47 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 01:36:29 PM »
this way up  ^^(PM)^ don't forget "this way up"

what about a taunt that has him talking (like this  :-@ ) to a sock puppet (with a dirty patch ad a hole or two in it, crazylike, with a few giggles from both sock puppet and TC-larry beavus and butt head style

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 01:47:49 PM »
 :D will do. thats for when he gettin hit right?

hmm i think that can be done bro! i can actually edit the usual sprite i always showed of him first before makin him a wip and edit it really cool to have a dirty sock on his hand doing that.  lol.  I am actually gonna voice Larry...so yeah expect some crazy crap to be said. lol  Some choice words might be said so.....your warned!  :D

i actually want at least 3 taunts, maybe 4 special intros with characters like i got with Demonkai terry ( its terry reaction to the plunger and other things added with sound fx lol ) i got 3 win poses down already with one set in sprites to be edited... after he wins last round , he goes and takes money from player ( basically picks they pocket or whatever lol)for a cup of coffee and some liquor ! lol  I might take a skecth out of family guy with Qagmire sister BF Jeff when he said he needs money for wallet change and jeans. :D

Offline Excahm

• MFFA/C.R.O.M. Stage Maker, Needless Fanboy, Lando's Headache and Rage's GFX Brother and Somewhat a Spriter.
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 24, 2019, 05:23:39 PM
  • Ready to shut the f*ck up your mount!
    • Mugen Team Mexico
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 06:55:02 PM »
looks funny.

but that black outline on the belt looks really out of place..try a brownish color oh and the box doesnt have a fiting shading imo

other than that OMFG you almost have your first mugen release dude  :Terry

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:10:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 07:47:25 PM »
Win quote should be "The dopest" cuz his swag is too much to handle. :DxDie

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 08:15:30 AM »

but that black outline on the belt looks really out of place..try a brownish color oh and the box doesnt have a fiting shading imo

other than that OMFG you almost have your first mugen release dude  :Terry
thanx for the feedback . actually bro its not a real "belt' he decorated the regular belt to look like a hot wheels race track. thats the initial look its supposed to have. lol. as for his box on him i am not doing detail to it like that. its not my main focus to have him graphically stunning or of sorts. my main focus is coding and gameplay but still will do my good work on shading him and all the other editing i have to do. His HD version (my pvt personal one ) does have that type of shading cause i will be doing way more custom work on him for my own keepsake.   >:D

yeah this will be my first character release as a solo mugen character wip, the other is Jesse Quick  which is Comic wise and going more done to her on those fronts that i want.  :thumbsup:

@ Hypnotize -  :D i am surely gonna try to swag him up real nice in moves bruh and funny crap. yall know me man, i love a good laugh all the time.  :thumbsup: ::salute::

This one of the other hobo's thats part of the Hobo Squad that will be part of a few larry intros, supers and a win state:
Garbage Can Pete ...sprited by  BDC

he will be in the Hobo Squad Finisher  super i will work on featuring all the hobo's doing a team up move. Now just waiting on Trench Coat Larry and the squad is complete.  :D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal