collapse

Author Topic: Scarlet(MUGEN 1.0.)  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Saohc

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 23, 2014, 11:51:42 AM
    • Email
Scarlet(MUGEN 1.0.)
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:55:15 PM »
Since I'm not getting feedback on the Guild for me to improve and since Infantry is dead,this is about the only other place I could think off.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9k3z2cefrfonyex
I'll probably laughed at on the Guild for this, but I'm gonna say it.
Looking for honest feedback with her gameplay. In terms of like "Oh there's an infinite with *insert attack*" or "Her combobility needs more work". You know, stuff to help me make her gameplay better.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:10:56 PM by Luigi1632 »

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Scarlet(MUGEN 1.0.)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »
Looking for honest feedback with her gameplay. In terms of like "Oh there's an infinite with *insert attack*" or "Her combobility needs more work". You know, stuff to help me make her gameplay better.´

Nice attitude. This is how the big ones does.

I doubt they will laugh at you by this.

Offline MrAdam

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 03, 2020, 09:04:03 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:39:14 PM »
Thats all mugen needs, yet ANOTHER Len edit! seriously though, she needs alot of work she is good beta. But seriously though, every 2 bit mugen creator and her grandmother has done Len edit, its WAY overdone and boring. Seriously if you want to be taken seriously, and not have another crappy forgotton len edit, next time do another charachter

Offline Saohc

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:01:28 PM »
Actually I was working on Scarlet before the craze even began. I couldn't make sprites and I happened to land on using Len's sprites.

Although I've got college and I'm slowly getting back to working on my novel, I still have some time left in the day to work on Scarlet.

But by, "She needs a lot of work", it would help me if you went into some specifics.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:38:43 PM »
I doubt they will laugh at you by this.

What he means by this is that they're going to laugh at him for coming here to get feedback since everyone has come to an understanding that all we do is "nice car +1".
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Hyakaju

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 06:02:33 AM
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 01:43:41 PM »
Umm, no. Illu was right on the money. You should stop.

The normals seem fine but theyre lacking impact. I don't believe you have your hitsounds properly assigned. Sweep doesn't hit low and causes opponents to go through the floor due to it having a positive y velocity. Air Ballet needs to have its y velocity halted in order to prevent the player from hitting the ground before the attack can fully activate. The rocket super looks like it uses posadd to emulate recoil, which is pretty cool, but I think veladd or velset would be better. Atm it looks like a very stiff movement.

Lastly I think you should increase the amount of hitstun of your ground normals.

No one is going to laugh at you for being honest about trying to develop and grow. Most would actually commend you.

Thats all mugen needs, yet ANOTHER Len edit! seriously though, she needs alot of work she is good beta. But seriously though, every 2 bit mugen creator and her grandmother has done Len edit, its WAY overdone and boring. Seriously if you want to be taken seriously, and not have another crappy forgotton len edit, next time do another charachter

This is incredibly rude. He can make whatever he wants.

Offline Saohc

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 02:09:12 PM »
Posadd is only found in the air version of the rocket launcher and used to distance Scarlet away from the opponent. The "stiffness" is due to the fact that I'm not an expert in sprite editing and left most of the sprites as is with careful positioning of the rocket launcher.
As for the normals, I've been trying to find something kind of balance right now.
 Like with editing for next version I'm doing now, I sorta of go by a "If it's a strong attack, give opponent less hitstun if it's guarded or something.)
I'm experimenting with the hitstun values to find a decent balance.

Offline Hyakaju

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 06:02:33 AM
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »
Like with editing for next version I'm doing now, I sorta of go by a "If it's a strong attack, give opponent less hitstun if it's guarded or something.)

WAT?? As the attack versions increase for normals the hitstun should increase as well! O_o Unless the move has an insane property (Comes out in 2 frames or does a ton of damage) you should be increasing the hitstun!

I'm experimenting with the hitstun values to find a decent balance.

10-12 : 14-15 : 17-18
For light medium and strong (respectively).

Your velocities are pretty small too. -6 is a good start for light attacks.

The "stiffness" is due to the fact that I'm not an expert in sprite editing and left most of the sprites as is with careful positioning of the rocket launcher.

Huh? Just put an x veladd at the point when she's supposed to be blown back. You don't need any sprite edits for that.

Offline Saohc

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 07:58:34 PM »
Updated the first post with an updated version. I've put off time with working on my novel in order to improve Scarlet. Needless to say, I'm impressed with the changes I made.

Offline MrAdam

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 03, 2020, 09:04:03 AM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 06:56:02 PM »
No one is going to laugh at you for being honest about trying to develop and grow. Most would actually commend you.

This is incredibly rude. He can make whatever he wants.

You are absolutely correct and Luigi is allowed to make whatever charachter he wants HOWEVER, Run a search for Mugen len edits there are HUNDREDS of them, and Len is INCREADIBLY boring so if his character (which admittedly plays better now that it's been updated ) but you are right if luigi wants to make Another Len edit who am I to stand in his way!

Offline Saohc

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 02:08:33 PM »
Actually I was working on Scarlet before that craze even began. Even if it's dead, my reason for Scarlet's creation was to improve and with her help, it's not only taught me how to make a better character, but I'm also taking notice of more stuff when playing actual fighting games.(Before that, I didn't even pay attention to stuff like recovery time and such.)

Anyways, updated again with a few more fixes and a couple of new things for the "Dan Smith" mode(selectable if you hold Start when you press A on your character select screen.)

Offline LightFlare

• Mugen Soldier
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 01, 2024, 09:48:01 PM
  • I must continue my training...
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:13 PM »

Like seriously....you should seriously like seriously take a serious chill pill. Seriously,  homie. You Seriously need to get serious about being serious.
(click to show/hide)

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »
You are absolutely correct and Luigi is allowed to make whatever charachter he wants HOWEVER, Run a search for Mugen len edits there are HUNDREDS of them, and Len is INCREADIBLY boring so if his character (which admittedly plays better now that it's been updated ) but you are right if luigi wants to make Another Len edit who am I to stand in his way!
I personally don't appreciate you jumping on Luigi1632's back like that for something that isn't even an issue. I mean, who are you to tell anyone what they can or cannot do? What if you wanted to make a shoto or a Kyo clone and someone did this exact same thing to you? This forum is for people to release anything that they want and be met with positive review and constructive criticism, not this incredibly sarcastic and judgmental behavior. If you want to be like this, go someplace else, cause IMT isn't like that.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Saohc

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 08:56:32 AM »
Well.. I didn't expect this to turn into a small debate.

Anyways, I will add the "Collateral Shot" move from killer7 for the next update.(It's something that'll be integral to making "Dan Smith" mode different from Scarlet's regular gameplay.)

In addition, I'm going to some small tweaks here and there.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 [3] 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal