collapse

Author Topic: Injustice: Gods Among Us  (Read 50804 times)

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us
« Reply #800 on: May 11, 2013, 01:43:22 PM »
Here is the one I wanted:

Zatanna - A variety of magical attacks, could give her much types of moves.

Poison Ivy - Plant attacks. No one had plant attacks, not even in MK.

Mr. Freeze - Uses ice more as a projectile than with constructs like K. Frost. He also has some gadgets.

Beast Boy - His transformation would be cool.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #801 on: May 11, 2013, 03:11:11 PM »
I agree about Zatanna and to a lesser degree Ivy, but Captain Cold could be used for ice constructs. Plus we could use a Flash villain

Offline C.R.O.M. Zaxis

• Green Lantern of sector 2814.6
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 08, 2023, 02:57:48 PM
  • Zaxis for CROM
    • Email
« Reply #802 on: May 11, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »
I agree about Zatanna and to a lesser degree Ivy, but Captain Cold could be used for ice constructs. Plus we could use a Flash villain
What about Grodd? Or maybe Zoom? Though he'd probably be a clone....

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #803 on: May 11, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »
What about Grodd? Or maybe Zoom? Though he'd probably be a clone....
Man, Grodd would be amazing  :cool

Offline Xfields

• Project X Architect
  • Last Login:November 17, 2023, 10:24:12 PM
    • Email
« Reply #804 on: May 11, 2013, 04:06:32 PM »
Huntress, superboy, zatanna, black canary and starfire would be aweso,e
You can Now support my creations at Patreon
Get exclusive rewards when you donate.
https://www.patreon.com/Xfields

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #805 on: May 11, 2013, 05:31:21 PM »
While we're extending Batman's family, let's throw in Red Hood...

...He's cool.

I don't care to hear your opinion on the matter, I've said what I've said and that's final.

If you don't care to hear other people's opinions, get off the discussion boards. Forums exist to facilitate conversations and opinions between multiple people, not to have your say and plug your ears. If that's what you want to do, get a blog and shut off the comments.

Offline Mach25

• You think this is a smile? It's not, it's the grimace of a lion.
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:November 02, 2014, 11:47:53 PM
« Reply #806 on: May 11, 2013, 06:21:02 PM »
While we're extending Batman's family, let's throw in Red Hood...

...He's cool.

If you don't care to hear other people's opinions, get off the discussion boards. Forums exist to facilitate conversations and opinions between multiple people, not to have your say and plug your ears. If that's what you want to do, get a blog and shut off the comments.

Not that anyone asked you about your false assertions, but I'll respond anyway.
What he was doing was asserting his own opinion as a fact and not even saying so with the term "in my opinion", and that is something I do not care to hear. If you say "I disagree with you and here's the reason" and can have a good, respectful dialogue about it without going into attack mode, that's fine. But if you want to stir up the pot, I'll "plug my ears" (as you call it) against them and disregard anything you have to say, rightfully so.

"Forums exist to facilitate conversations and opinions..."
Agreed, but they are not places where if you disagree with people, it's time to pull out the boxing gloves.
Like for instance, when I told him Batman does not play like Arkham City, he goes off with the line "let me tell you something", which is clearly an attack phrase, and I still disagree with the idea that he plays like he does in Arkham City.

Also, Macaulyn can speak for himself, he doesn't need a chorus.

I will say this: Batman just doesn't feel like Batman to me, having grown up with him for over 20 YEARS, in Injustice League. He feels like a generic superhero that DC needs to go back and patch him up to make him fight more like Batman, IN MY OWN OPINION.
Now, I'm open to discussion from others, provided you do so RESPECTFULLY.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #807 on: May 11, 2013, 06:47:00 PM »
I do believe that if we are in a discussion thread, every post is an opinion, and if you consider my post an attack, well it wasn't, and for me thats enough, I can't manipulate how you'll read it. And when I said "Let me tell you something", it means that its not an opinion matted, games are business, if Netherrealm wants the DLC's to sell, they need to be better or more famous than the starting characters, its a fact, a strategy to make people buy the DLC's, otherwise, no one would want them.

Offline Mach25

• Initiate
« Reply #808 on: May 11, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »
i like batman, he dont need new moves, i just tink some of this batgirl graples should fit at him, im worried if with this "teleports" she should look more fast then the flash (my favorite char)...

My sentiments exactly. That's what I was really saying in the first place.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email

Offline Mach25

• Initiate
« Reply #810 on: May 11, 2013, 07:22:53 PM »
I do believe that if we are in a discussion thread, every post is an opinion, and if you consider my post an attack, well it wasn't, and for me thats enough, I can't manipulate how you'll read it. And when I said "Let me tell you something", it means that its not an opinion matted, games are business, if Netherrealm wants the DLC's to sell, they need to be better or more famous than the starting characters, its a fact, a strategy to make people buy the DLC's, otherwise, no one would want them.

OK, this is the kind of post I will respond to.

"it means that its not an opinion matted, games are business, if Netherrealm wants the DLC's to sell, they need to be better or more famous than the starting characters, its a fact..."

Here we go once more: let's just agree to disagree. I do not believe that DLC characters should necessarily be better than the first ones because, as I said before, being specific to this series, alot of people's favorite DC characters were not in the roster at the first, like Killer Croc and Lobo, for instance. Alot of people like Supergirl and Powergirl, though they're not in this game at this point in time, and may be released as DLC in the future. It is likely that the makers of the game didn't have enough time to capture all of the DC universe, so dlc is simply the makers' continuations to give characters to the player (and fill their pockets) after having met their release date, I believe.
This happens alot of the time, game makers have to cut stuff out of their games to meet deadlines; that's why if you bing it, you'll see about extra stuff being left on discs (or cartidges, dependent upon the year and platform) recently discovered by modders (like the bike race in streets of rage 3, for instance, or certain other things you're too young for me to speak with you about since you're underage). This also serves as my line of reasoning.

Really, about the idea of DLC, it seems to me that dlc is simply the makers' way of squeezing as much money out of gamers as possible.

"...if Netherrealm wants the DLC's to sell, they need to be better or more famous than the starting characters, its a fact..."

No, this is not a fact in all cases. Let's be specific to this series and this genre: Batman is considered pretty much the boss of the Justice League and he seems to be the most widely known DC character among the masses, right along with Superman; he's more well-known than Lobo by people in general. That's flagrantly obvious with all the Batman works out there and this current trilogy by Christopher Nolan.

Another reason why I disagree that dlc characters should be better than all those before was that the Crossover series, where heroes/villains from Marvel/DC battled, it out showed Batman and Captain American as near equals, and pretty much representatives of the DC and Marvel companies. Heck, Batman was the launching pad for DC and is pretty much the launching pad of the whole superhero comic book movement, starting in 1940 or so, therefore it would be just if the Injustice team chose to make him better than other characters, he's the freaking granddaddy of it all! Kind of along the lines of remembering where you come from and respecting your elders, I'd say.

Offline Mach25

• Initiate
« Reply #811 on: May 11, 2013, 07:25:47 PM »
If I sound a little strong, my apologies. I'm just interested in a good discussion here. Any links you can show me, I'd be more than glad to see them - the more I can learn, the better.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #812 on: May 11, 2013, 07:28:34 PM »
Hope is hope...

http://www.screwattack.com/news/ed-boon-wants-know-which-dc-characters-you-want-see-injustice-dlc
I don't have any links right now, but this link really interests me. After all, I'd love to see some of these in the game, even though its not official.

Offline C.R.O.M. Zaxis

• Forum Member
  • Zaxis for CROM
    • Email
« Reply #813 on: May 11, 2013, 07:40:34 PM »
Things can get heated REALLY fast. I posted something about Professor Zoom, and then leave for a few hours. I come back, it's an argument on opinions lol

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #814 on: May 11, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »
Not that anyone asked you about your false assertions, but I'll respond anyway.
What he was doing was asserting his own opinion as a fact and not even saying so with the term "in my opinion", and that is something I do not care to hear. If you say "I disagree with you and here's the reason" and can have a good, respectful dialogue about it without going into attack mode, that's fine. But if you want to stir up the pot, I'll "plug my ears" (as you call it) against them and disregard anything you have to say, rightfully so.

"Forums exist to facilitate conversations and opinions..."
Agreed, but they are not places where if you disagree with people, it's time to pull out the boxing gloves.
Like for instance, when I told him Batman does not play like Arkham City, he goes off with the line "let me tell you something", which is clearly an attack phrase, and I still disagree with the idea that he plays like he does in Arkham City.

Also, Macaulyn can speak for himself, he doesn't need a chorus.

I will say this: Batman just doesn't feel like Batman to me, having grown up with him for over 20 YEARS, in Injustice League. He feels like a generic superhero that DC needs to go back and patch him up to make him fight more like Batman, IN MY OWN OPINION.
Now, I'm open to discussion from others, provided you do so RESPECTFULLY.

You asked me by holding the discussion in a public space. I wasn't defending Mac, I was taking up point with you of my own. You earn the respect you dish out. Nobody is going to respond to you respectfully when you don't speak respectfully yourself.

Nobody should have to preface their posts with "In my opinion" as it's pretty obvious that anything being posted by a user on a forum is an opinion. It's your problem if you don't recognize that.

As for "Coming off strong", well, you aren't. You're just coming off as obnoxious.

Offline Mach25

• Initiate
« Reply #815 on: May 11, 2013, 07:49:28 PM »
I don't have any links right now, but this link really interests me. After all, I'd love to see some of these in the game, even though its not official.

Which ones would you like to see implemented? Which would be your top three picks?
I myself would pick Power Girl and Red Hood, then Static Shock.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #816 on: May 11, 2013, 07:53:37 PM »
- Zatanna
- Static Shock
- Power Girl/Doctor Fate

Offline Mach25

• Initiate
« Reply #817 on: May 11, 2013, 08:16:20 PM »
You asked me by holding the discussion in a public space. I wasn't defending Mac, I was taking up point with you of my own. You earn the respect you dish out. Nobody is going to respond to you respectfully when you don't speak respectfully yourself.

"Nobody should have to preface their posts with "In my opinion" as it's pretty obvious that anything being posted by a user on a forum is an opinion. It's your problem if you don't recognize that."

As for "Coming off strong", well, you aren't. You're just coming off as obnoxious.

"You asked me by holding the discussion in a public space. I wasn't defending Mac, I was taking up point with you of my own. You earn the respect you dish out. Nobody is going to respond to you respectfully when you don't speak respectfully yourself."

I didn't ask you anything, you came over here of your own volition and struck those keys of your own will, I didn't hold a gun to your head one held a gun to your head and told to you come over here and start talking  (maybe you or someone did so, but it wasn't me). Even though a discussion is in a public place, that doesn't automatically mean you should just start speaking whatever comes up at all times, that's what leads to fights on forums over and over again. I see that happen on too many forums all over the internet.
Again, all of this stuff you have said is simply your viewpoint. Don't lecture me on respect, Kriven, especially when you rudely chime in on a disagreement between two people that they are working out between themselves and would be just a bump in the road, nothing to really think about, unless a third party (yes, I'm talking about YOU) jumps in with nothing helpful to say. Taking your analogy, if two people are arguing on the sidewalk, that's a public arena - you'd just jump right in because it took place in public. Like the saying goes, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. You're making yourself a problem with these useless remarks, so you just need to step off and let this thing ride.

"Nobody should have to preface their posts with "In my opinion" as it's pretty obvious that anything being posted by a user on a forum is an opinion. It's your problem if you don't recognize that."

You are absolutely wrong. Things posted in a forum are not automatically considered an opinion by the poster or those to whom he or she writes, or in and of themselves. How often do you see discussions with links to scientific websites or quotes from companies that specialize in certain fields used in discussions. According to you, those links are not to be taken as the truth just because a person posted them in a forum and should be considered just opinions.

Obnoxious, says you? Obnoxious to you, fine to me, strong to others, eh, depends on how the person views it themselves. That's why I was considerate towards Macaulyn enough to say those things I did to him because I was being mindful that he may view things differently than I do. I've already spoken what I've decided to on the subject, Macaulyn and I are talking about other things, so it's time to move on.

Offline Mach25

• Initiate
« Reply #818 on: May 11, 2013, 08:19:38 PM »
- Zatanna
- Static Shock
- Power Girl/Doctor Fate

Who the heck is Dr. Fate? I'm not really up in my comics, so I need to be filled in.
I think they should have Killer Croc as a choice, along with Two Face, Black Mask, Hush and Bronze Tiger.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 24, 2024, 06:38:44 AM
« Reply #819 on: May 11, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »
Didn't MvC3 have some poll somewhere along the way of what dlc characters people would like to see most.? Why can't these guys do something like that.?

Btw, Beast Boy would be awesome to see in this. I'm sure they could do some crazy stuff with him but still would love to see Atrocitus most.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #820 on: May 11, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »
Who the heck is Dr. Fate? I'm not really up in my comics,

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dr.fate&l=1

Offline C.R.O.M. Zaxis

• Forum Member
  • Zaxis for CROM
    • Email
« Reply #821 on: May 11, 2013, 09:10:20 PM »
I think they should have Killer Croc as a choice, along with Two Face, Black Mask, Hush and Bronze Tiger.
Someone likes the Arkham Asylum games... ;)

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #822 on: May 11, 2013, 11:14:08 PM »
Who the heck is Dr. Fate? I'm not really up in my comics, so I need to be filled in.
Dr. Fate, like Zatanna and Circe, is one of the most powerful magicians in DC universe.
Killer Crock and Two-Face are in a stage transition already, I don't think they'll appear.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #823 on: May 12, 2013, 02:14:15 AM »
if two people are arguing on the sidewalk, that's a public arena - you'd just jump right in because it took place in public.

I have and would again, if I can determine a moral balance between the two combatants.

You are absolutely wrong. Things posted in a forum are not automatically considered an opinion by the poster or those to whom he or she writes, or in and of themselves. How often do you see discussions with links to scientific websites or quotes from companies that specialize in certain fields used in discussions. According to you, those links are not to be taken as the truth just because a person posted them in a forum and should be considered just opinions.

That would be a person's opinions on the links or utilizing the links to support an opinion. It's still just opinions.

Obnoxious, says you? Obnoxious to you, fine to me, strong to others, eh, depends on how the person views it themselves. That's why I was considerate towards Macaulyn enough to say those things I did to him because I was being mindful that he may view things differently than I do. I've already spoken what I've decided to on the subject, Macaulyn and I are talking about other things, so it's time to move on.

That's fine. Then move on.

But I will continue to reply when readdressed.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #824 on: May 12, 2013, 02:16:02 AM »

Dr. Fate is a mystical guardian who utilizes light magic to vanquish followers of darkness and protect the Earth. He resides in a magic helmet and possesses the body of those who don the armor.

I'm not sure who currently wears the helmet, though.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar