collapse

Author Topic: Injustice: Gods Among Us  (Read 50822 times)

Offline Mr.Wingfeather

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 14, 2021, 03:21:56 PM
    • Email
Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us
« Reply #700 on: May 03, 2013, 12:18:53 PM »

Offline Mr.Wingfeather

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #701 on: May 03, 2013, 12:21:56 PM »
I gotta say There is a lot of many DC chars out of the Batman/Superman universe, I hope Black Manta makes it -__- if not at least Martian Manhunter please.

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #702 on: May 03, 2013, 12:52:26 PM »
If they based him off of New 52, Black Manta would make for an awesome character in that game.

Not surprised they would think of including Zod as a DLC, seeing he's the main villain in the new movie coming out. Though he's practically the same as Superman, so that's kind of dumb.

Offline Mr.Wingfeather

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #703 on: May 03, 2013, 02:06:04 PM »
If they based him off of New 52, Black Manta would make for an awesome character in that game.

Not surprised they would think of including Zod as a DLC, seeing he's the main villain in the new movie coming out. Though he's practically the same as Superman, so that's kind of dumb.

Well yeah but who knows maybe if Zod is in the game he could possibly have some new mechanics, like Shazam and Black Adam, I dont like him either but now that batgirl is confirmed as DLC in the game I think that maybe those rumors were true and the other dlcs are Scorpion and Zod.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #704 on: May 03, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »
Maybe if they include Scorpion, it will at least be a more comic book version of the character? Like, instead of the actual Scorpion it would be the DC Universe version of Scorpion? I dunno.

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #705 on: May 03, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »
batgirl should be a nice char, zod too, im sure they will not be clones, nightwing is not a batman clone, same to joker and arlequin or hall and sinestro......., bad thing is because at dc have a lot of better options, anyway, at least should be interesting see a scorpion without fatality and without block button.... from out of dc universe my hope was kratos  (for ps3 users at least) should be cool, to face ares and ww.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #706 on: May 03, 2013, 03:51:48 PM »
batgirl should be a nice char, zod too, im sure they will not be clones, nightwing is not a batman clone, same to joker and arlequin or hall and sinestro......., bad thing is because at dc have a lot of better options, anyway, at least should be interesting see a scorpion without fatality and without block button.... from out of dc universe my hope was kratos  (for ps3 users at least) should be cool, to face ares and ww.
There is a great difference, Nightwing and Harley have different abilities from Joker and Batman, Nightwing has blades, the escrima sticks (which can also turn into a staff), Harley doesn't use the same toys as Joker, she has her hammer, and is an acrobat, Sinestro and Hal have the same powers but they enable them to do different things. But Batgirl has almost the same gadgets as Batman and Zod has the same powers as Superman, its not easy to differ their gameplay with their powers like they did to Sinestro and Hal.

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #707 on: May 03, 2013, 05:42:36 PM »
There is a great difference, Nightwing and Harley have different abilities from Joker and Batman, Nightwing has blades, the escrima sticks (which can also turn into a staff), Harley doesn't use the same toys as Joker, she has her hammer, and is an acrobat, Sinestro and Hal have the same powers but they enable them to do different things. But Batgirl has almost the same gadgets as Batman and Zod has the same powers as Superman, its not easy to differ their gameplay with their powers like they did to Sinestro and Hal.

Exactly this.

It's easy to make Hal and Sinestro very different from one another because they can use the power rings in vastly different ways.   The constructs they make are only as complicated/simple as their imaginations.   Sinestro, for example, isn't human.   So right there he can probably come up with a thousand different things that a human has never seen.  It's not hard to make individuals with lantern rings unique from each other.

Superman and Zod, however?  Not so much.  As Kryptonians they have a very specific set of powers granted to them by the yellow sun.   There are no differences, they don't change.   They're a locked set of super powers.   So how different, really, can you make them?

Super Strength:  No real way to make that different between the two.   They can both throw heavy things around... Yes!!

Super Breath:  Can blow things way... or can be used to freeze.  yes... there are SO many options there.

Heat Vision:  Do I even need to explain?

Flight:  See Heat Vision.

Super Speed: See Heat Vision.

X-ray Vision:  Yep, that's right...  Both can see right through Wondy's Breast Plate.

There is the difference, however, of them using their powers for either good or evil... I suppose that makes them different.  Right?    Oh! Wait, no... no it doesn't.   Not in this game.   Because Injustice already has an Evil Kryptonian Dictator abusing his powers and terrifying people.   

So really... explain Zod's purpose in the game?   He'll play just like Superman and he'll have the same mentality of Regime Superman... So if we already got Evil Supes... Zod is irrelevant.  Not needed or wanted by many.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:59:42 PM by Tazzer »

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 24, 2024, 06:38:44 AM
« Reply #708 on: May 03, 2013, 05:53:22 PM »
Unless by some highly unlikely chance we get this General Zod for the game..

Then he could probably play more like a Dr. Doom character.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #709 on: May 03, 2013, 05:58:47 PM »
Then that would be acceptable.   At least then he wouldn't be an exact Clone.  However, if they're not using that version... then Zod should be nothing more than a skin for Superman as he's not different enough from him to warrant his own character.

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #710 on: May 03, 2013, 06:39:18 PM »
n my opinion, I'm a fighter's game fan since 1991 (Street Fighter 2). What I like about a fighting game is the mechanics, the fluid combos and the fun. I love aditional chars cuz that makes me play more and have more techniques to play and beat the game. even I'm not fan of Zangief-type chars, I like to play them as well. When MK9 came out, Iwas like my fav all time franchise (MvC) was completely overwhelmed and love fighting style. Everyone was hating the Krueger idea and I really love to play him. And like I said, I am not a DC fan, but I loved the game and I really don't care who is gonna be in the dlc, I'm just gonna have fun

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #711 on: May 03, 2013, 06:46:46 PM »
I don't understand how you can say Sinestro and Hal can utilize the same powers in different ways because they're different people and then not admit that Zod and Batgirl can and will do exactly that.

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #712 on: May 03, 2013, 06:56:12 PM »
Different minds, different imaginations, different constructs.  See where the rings do the same thing at their core... the results are very different depending on the Minds that are willing the rings.   They're only limited by what they can imagine.   So Sinestro can create things Hal or any other humans for that matter, have never seen because he's an alien.   So making vastly different constructs that accomplish different things is how Hal and Sinestro can be very different from one another special moves wise.

With Superman and Zod it's just not the case.   Heat Vision is Heat Vision no matter who's using it in battle.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:01:19 PM by Tazzer »

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #713 on: May 03, 2013, 07:23:02 PM »
Different minds, different imaginations, different constructs.  See where the rings do the same thing at their core... the results are very different depending on the Minds that are willing the rings.   They're only limited by what they can imagine.   So Sinestro can create things Hal or any other humans for that matter, have every seen because he's an alien.   So making vastly different constructs that accomplish different things is how Hal and Sinestro can be very different from one another special moves wise.

With Superman and Zod it's just not the case.   Heat Vision is Heat Vision no matter who's using it in battle.

Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sean...

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #714 on: May 03, 2013, 07:50:54 PM »
Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sean...
Hurricane kick, uppercut, fireball, and even uppercut hyper. Mostly clones. Not sure this applies to Sean as well but I think you just helped Tazzer's argument. Unless that's what you were trying to do, then..good job.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #715 on: May 03, 2013, 07:58:03 PM »
They're all from the same fighting style, trained in the same arts.   They're meant to be extremely similar.  All still have the same moves when you get right down to it.

Dragon Punch
Haduken
hurricane kick
etc, etc...
Only slight (and I mean very slight) differences as to how those moves are executed.  In fact, of the ones you mentioned only Sean is slightly different in the way he handles a couple of his moves from the others.

Green Lantern and Sinestro don't share half as much in common.   They each have a power ring.  That is where the similarity ends.   They don't use the ring's power the same way.  They make completely different things.   Their fighting styles are different.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #716 on: May 03, 2013, 08:25:37 PM »
What Tazzer means is that the Power Rings can make absolutely any form, what makes it much easier to add two or even more different characters with it. But Batgirl has the same gadgets as Batman and Zod has the same powers as Superman, and there is no chance of making variated versions of these powers, a batarang is a batarang and will be thrown as a batarang, and a heat vision will always be used as the laser it is, no matter who uses it.

About the Ryu clones, well, there are much more in so many other games, but Street Fighter really holds a lot of them, and that is not good, it makes the characters repetitive.

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #717 on: May 03, 2013, 08:36:07 PM »
What Tazzer means is that the Power Rings can make absolutely any form, what makes it much easier to add two or even more different characters with it. But Batgirl has the same gadgets as Batman and Zod has the same powers as Superman, and there is no chance of making variated versions of these powers, a batarang is a batarang and will be thrown as a batarang, and a heat vision will always be used as the laser it is, no matter who uses it.

About the Ryu clones, well, there are much more in so many other games, but Street Fighter really holds a lot of them, and that is not good, it makes the characters repetitive.

that's exactly what i'm talking about. but they maybe have the same powers but different fighting style, you know? or quicker than... lamer than...

EDIT

and now it's official. Well, I guess that if the made a 60's Adam West series skin, that will make her awesome!
https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/330477154842333184/photo/1
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:49:15 PM by Yun0 »

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #718 on: May 03, 2013, 08:53:50 PM »
Well... I guess there we have it.   Can't really be called a rumor anymore now, can it?   Suppose this means we can pretty much count Zod as real too.   Dammit.

Ah well, bright side?  Babs there seems to be sporting some new toys.   What do you guys think?  Only part of her super move, or are they a permanent fixture?

Offline Toxin97

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 14, 2024, 12:21:26 AM
    • Email
« Reply #719 on: May 03, 2013, 09:06:35 PM »
I wish I could get a refund for the season pass

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #720 on: May 03, 2013, 09:06:58 PM »
She..she looks horrible.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #721 on: May 03, 2013, 09:10:45 PM »
Yeah..not so good.  Definitely not what I'd expect.  That hair looks ridiculous... but to be fair we've not seen a full body pic.  Not that I'm thinking anything can save this travesty.

Really though... why Batgirl?  Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the character.  She's cool... but if they HAD to add another Batman character... there are so many more interesting choices they could have gone with.   If they wanted another female, I'd much prefer Ivy or Talia... but that's just me.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 15, 2024, 09:40:21 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #722 on: May 03, 2013, 10:01:02 PM »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #723 on: May 03, 2013, 10:02:09 PM »
Really though... why Batgirl?  Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the character.  She's cool... but if they HAD to add another Batman character... there are so many more interesting choices they could have gone with.   If they wanted another female, I'd much prefer Ivy or Talia... but that's just me.

Or Arkham City Robin, or Red Hood...

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #724 on: May 03, 2013, 10:12:20 PM »
I remember someone saying that if these DLC's sell enough there will be new ones, but with these character choices...

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar