collapse

Author Topic: Injustice: Gods Among Us  (Read 50609 times)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us
« Reply #500 on: April 03, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »
I was sold on the game... Until I played the demo. I'll rent the game to check out the story, but unless the full game is better than the demo makes it seem, I'll pass on this one.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #501 on: April 03, 2013, 12:57:08 PM »
I was sold on the game... Until I played the demo. I'll rent the game to check out the story, but unless the full game is better than the demo makes it seem, I'll pass on this one.

Same here. The presentation is very good, and it's nice to hear they're filling the game to the brim with content... but none of that matters if you don't have a solid fighting engine to back it all up. As it is, the engine's... 'okay', at best. It has everything you'd expect in ,say, Street Fighter, but it's not even as good as that. It's slow and clunky, and not enjoyable to play. You also have the stage-gimmicks and the Clash System, which -- as the last word of the first one will tell you -- are just gimmicks, plain and simple. We don't need them, they get in the way of the actual fight, so why are they here, other then to make the game 'cool' and 'flashy'? Maybe I'll watch the cutscenes on Youtube or somewhere, but I don't know if I'm picking this one up.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:26:51 PM by novasod »

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #502 on: April 03, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
Same here. The presentation is very good, and it's nice to hear they're filling the game to the brim with content... but none of that matters is you don't have a solid fighting engine to back it all up. At it is, the engine's... 'okay', at best. It has everything you'd expect in ,say, Street Fighter, but it's not even as good as that. It's slow and clunky, and not enjoyable to play. You also have the stage-gimmicks and the Clash System, which -- as the last word of the first one will tell you, are just gimmicks, plain and simple.
Not to mention the special attack button. When in the history of fighting games has this ever been well received? lol They would have been better off making that a regular attack button and making the power moves specials.

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #503 on: April 03, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »
I must have played a different demo than u guys. The gameplay to me is very solid. Its more of a strategic game than anything. I Don't know maybe its the challenge in the game I love. That power button is awesome. If you read what they do its very well implemented especially with lex luthor. You really have to think about what u are doing as you have to rush him and try your best to stop him from putting on that shield. I would say try playing on very hard the other difficulties just won't give you the full experience. But I'm assuming u guys like the ease of the vs series games as this game is extremely fun to play.

CENTER]

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #504 on: April 03, 2013, 03:09:36 PM »
But I'm assuming u guys like the ease of the vs series games
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize I am not a big fan of the Vs games, other than the earlier ones.
I loved MK9, so I had high hopes for this, but I just am not liking the awkward controls and clunky flow of the game. I just went back and played through on Very Hard and it didn't add anything other than difficulty on top of the already weird combat. I would love to see a decent DC fighting game, but this just isn't it for me. I'll give it a second chance when the full game releases, but so far I don't see myself playing this much. I guess I could see the appeal to this game, but it's just not for me.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:24:33 PM by C.R.O.M. - Schwarzwind Lives! »

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #505 on: April 03, 2013, 04:14:59 PM »
HMMM i dont know. i havent played the demo yet ( didnt even know there was one till just now reading it here lol) i think with a new kinda game comes a new kinda of control scheme. From what i have seen from the various videos there is ALOT going on in the fighting and you do lots of other things so i def will have to check it out to see how it all adds up.  i have played all kinds of games and even tho i like the vs games but i really do like games that add a little different spin on controls especially with a new type fighter.  , just not too far awkward that it messes up the replay value of it.  They all can't be 6 buttons lol.

Is the knocking people through stuff that hard?  :-SS i hope not cause thats something i was as well looking forward to performing. i wonder if its like how DOA5 is where  you seem to be at a certain spot in the stage for those to actually work right.  :-??

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #506 on: April 03, 2013, 04:25:06 PM »
i havent played the demo yet
It'll either solidify you buying the game or keep you from buying it according to everyone I've talked to, with more people I know leaning toward the latter. I recommend checking it out either way.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:31:36 PM by C.R.O.M. - Schwarzwind Lives! »

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #507 on: April 03, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize I am not a big fan of the Vs games, other than the earlier ones.
I loved MK9, so I had high hopes for this, but I just am not liking the awkward controls and clunky flow of the game. I just went back and played through on Very Hard and it didn't add anything other than difficulty on top of the already weird combat. I would love to see a decent DC fighting game, but this just isn't it for me. I'll give it a second chance when the full game releases, but so far I don't see myself playing this much. I guess I could see the appeal to this game, but it's just not for me.

Well they did make MK vs DC so....... and plus f**k DC! Its all about Marvel!
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #508 on: April 03, 2013, 05:03:58 PM »
Well they did make MK vs DC so.......
This is definitely better than MKvDC. lol
But I'm kinda wondering, if this was a brand new franchise, not DC, would people still like it as much?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 05:13:20 PM by C.R.O.M. - Schwarzwind Lives! »

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #509 on: April 03, 2013, 06:36:50 PM »
But I'm kinda wondering, if this was a brand new franchise, not DC, would people still like it as much?

No, and therein lies the problem with the majority of modern gaming. It used to be that companies built a compelling game and then glued a franchise ontop of it, but now that system is reversed and we're getting a metric crapton of bad games.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #510 on: April 03, 2013, 06:54:18 PM »
But this IS a good game. A fighting game has no need of being so basic, they just thrown something new, to make it different. Also, what I'm really excited for in this game is its story mode, its what I value most in a fighting game and what made me prefer to buy Soul Calibur IV over V for example.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #511 on: April 03, 2013, 07:16:38 PM »
But this IS a good game. A fighting game has no need of being so basic--
It is basic! You can't attack during your dash, you have only one jump, it's slow and clunky -- and don't get me wrong, I like Streetfighter, but it's as if this game took the basic mechanics of Street Figther, but didn't understand the basic underlying fundamentals that made it all work. (Same with MK.) Plus, for a fighting game about Superheroes, you'd expect something more... superhero-ey, more frantic and and action-packed, instead of what we got. But even then, it's just not worth 60 bucks. Maybe $30, but I'm not paying 60 for this. It's not really good on a deeper level, nor is it just fun, which definitely knocks down it's core value.

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #512 on: April 03, 2013, 08:42:59 PM »
I think your basing this gameplay on another when u say its basic. The thing that I think is missing is the counter feature which they had in mk 9 to break combos. Nothing really is basic about it.. batman for instance has some really fun combos. The environment I used differently by each type of character and really makes u feel like your playing as the hero or villain u choose. Every character really seems to have a completely different play style. Attack while dashing seems like a vs series thing. The dash in this game is used to set u up in good position to determine your next move. This game is very action packed and chaotic with exlostions destruction. Maybe I have to play it again because its really exiting to me to see such a game in motion. You can't just pick up this title and play you really have to look through the move list and see how to play with each character.combos can be extended into specials and into other combos there I two types of "bounce" feature implemented to do son its really fun onceyou get the hang of it.

CENTER]

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #513 on: April 03, 2013, 09:35:37 PM »
I think your basing this gameplay on another when u say its basic. The thing that I think is missing is the counter feature which they had in mk 9 to break combos. Nothing really is basic about it.. batman for instance has some really fun combos. The environment I used differently by each type of character and really makes u feel like your playing as the hero or villain u choose. Every character really seems to have a completely different play style. Attack while dashing seems like a vs series thing. The dash in this game is used to set u up in good position to determine your next move. This game is very action packed and chaotic with exlostions destruction. Maybe I have to play it again because its really exiting to me to see such a game in motion. You can't just pick up this title and play you really have to look through the move list and see how to play with each character.combos can be extended into specials and into other combos there I two types of "bounce" feature implemented to do son its really fun onceyou get the hang of it.

'Attack while dashing' isn't just a 'Vs Series thing'. It's in nearly every other fighting game in the last 15 or so years. There's much more to fighters then SF, Vs, and MK, and some of those, I prefer to the three titles I just mentioned. There's also more to a fighting game then characters and their movelists; the characters important, no doubt about that, but even more important is the gameplay. If that's not so good, then the game as a whole is not so good.

Now, keep in mind that I didn't say the game is bad; it's just okay. If it were 20-30 bucks, I might buy it, but for 60, I just don't think it's worth it.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #514 on: April 04, 2013, 01:18:44 AM »
Let's see what Max has to say about it:

Offline fastcoredeath

• Last Login:October 20, 2018, 06:51:26 PM
    • Email
« Reply #515 on: April 04, 2013, 07:05:12 AM »
i don't understand what your problems are with the game play personally. it started off kind of slow and clunky at first BUT when i learned how to land 11 hit juggles in it, it took right off. each character does play differently and the "special attack" button is significant in the sense that some characters use two different styles of combat. wonder woman can switch back and fourth between her lasso and sword/shield which you can link into combos. i dunno, maybe you guys just need to sit down and play the whole game later and decide as you said but this game totally reminds me of a revamped version of MK9 which isn't a bad thing at all. MK9 was amazing and this game has so much more potential since it's a DC super hero fighting game. it does have it's flashy moments but is that such a bad thing? the wager your meter does add effect, if you win the wager you gain a percentage of health back which helps when you're getting your crap kicked in when the difficulty is on VERY HARD. i dunno, i give it a definite thumbs up and recommend trying out the demo for sure.

p.s. to break a character through a wall to stage transition use the juggle attack when near said area.

Offline fastcoredeath

• Last Login:October 20, 2018, 06:51:26 PM
    • Email
« Reply #516 on: April 04, 2013, 07:12:32 AM »
oh and another thing, i have attacked during a dash with batman to land an 11 hit combo, it's not easy but you can do it. if anyone who is actually into this game and wants combo moves/juggles for batman i can help out just PM me or something. i'll honestly more than likely be making combo/juggle tutorials on youtube for other characters as well once i get it and get to practice.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #517 on: April 04, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »
"special attack" button is significant in the sense that some characters use two different styles of combat.
This can and has been done differently.
MK9 was amazing and this game has so much more potential since it's a DC super hero fighting game.
This statement kind reinforces what I said earlier. lol

Sorry guys, I've given the demo several chances. I'll wait to see if the full game changes my mind when I rent it, but until then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

EDIT:
Let's see what Max has to say about it:

This was before the demo was released. lol
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:45:13 AM by C.R.O.M. - Schwarzwind Lives! »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #518 on: April 04, 2013, 09:56:46 AM »
EDIT:This was before the demo was released. lol
I didn't know that til after I posted it  o.O#

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #519 on: April 07, 2013, 12:31:56 AM »

I got the right video this time

Offline theFuTur3

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 30, 2016, 11:04:53 PM
    • MugenMultiverse
« Reply #520 on: April 07, 2013, 03:16:38 AM »
i thought the demo was very fun and it did feel a little akward at first by i was able to get the gist of it...so far the fighting could be a little better but its nothing to complain about...i cant wait to see what combos the other characters will have and the different environments interactions...like the gotham one where all the gothams criminals beat down whoever gets knocked into their hideout LOL  :O*D
Hey remember when it wasn't cool to be a geek?

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #521 on: April 07, 2013, 04:26:59 AM »
Played the Demo was upset didnt understand why they had 2 heros and 1 villain they should have had 2 villains

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #522 on: April 07, 2013, 11:29:44 PM »

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #523 on: April 07, 2013, 11:42:01 PM »
Damien Wayne is Nightwing

Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=77189
Gee, Batman and Damian have serious father-son problems.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar