collapse

Author Topic: Mai Shiranui & Poison  (Read 3988 times)

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 16, 2023, 09:17:46 PM
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
Mai Shiranui & Poison
« on: March 21, 2012, 12:17:03 PM »
All my characters from hence here forth, will be hosted at Trinity Mugen. So get them there friends. Mai has been updated and I'll be getting around to Poison in the near future. "Downloads" -> "DivineWolf", you know the drill.  :D

Mai(1.1 Update) & Poison:
www.trinitymugen.net
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:14:53 PM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage

"Let me show you..."

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
Re: Mai Shiranui & Poison
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »
I haven't tried Mai yet.. However I'm liking Poison alot.   She's very well done.   Her moves seem much smoother and fluid coming out then some other versions of this character  (I don't know if it's as simple as you changed some things on how some of the moves perform... but she just feels a lot more tight all around).   Very nice job.   Since Street Fighter X Tekken came out I've become even more a fan of this character so It's nice to see another version of her come to Mugen.

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 05:48:54 PM »
Thanks. I did a lot of editting to how her moves performed since I initially planned to release her. I would have liked to have had her further along, like my Mai, though I was missing the sprites required to make her custom Lv3 Super "Mad Gear Beatdown". That will be in future updates.

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 05:47:03 PM »
"Mad Gear Beat Down" ... this sounds like it's going to be awesome.  Can't wait for that update.   Which members of Mad Gear are you planning to use for that?

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 06:12:34 PM »
Sodom & Hugo. I have the sprites now, but unfortunately I don't have any of their sounds/voices. Can anyone help me out with that? Having or directing me to a site where I can get their sounds?

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »
Thanks. I did a lot of editting to how her moves performed since I initially planned to release her. I would have liked to have had her further along, like my Mai, though I was missing the sprites required to make her custom Lv3 Super "Mad Gear Beatdown". That will be in future updates.

will you add a projectile attack too? poison is too cool, but i dislike the absence of a projectile

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »
She does have one...  It's performed like Guile's Sonic Boom.  A charge move.

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 06:35:06 PM »
She does have a projectile. Hold Back for like 3-5 seconds, then press Forward+any punch. Just like "Sonic Boom". Please refer to her ReadMe for all her techniques and their commands.

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 01:14:37 AM »
Some screens.

Found this (Use the width controller or expand the hitbox):
(click to show/hide)

I'll try to leave some detailed feedback later.

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 09:17:20 AM »
Thank you for the screenshots. I know about "Kacho Sen" not being able to hit up close. However, much like H"s CvS2 accurate Mai, she misses when up close as well. I do believe it's meant to miss when up close, because of how it comes out. Unlike let's say, a "Hadouken", which usually comes from the player's forearms. Because of where it comes out from, it makes it more likely to miss when right next to opponents. However, I could add a bit of width, along with enlarging the clsn a bit. I won't add too much however, odds are, it will still miss when up close.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:28:48 AM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »
Poison
-The distance (x-wise) on High Heel Pounce (Heavy version) seems a little too high. Is there a reason for it to travel nearly full screen? Also, shouldn't the EX version go the farthest? It seems odd (to me) that the roundhouse version covers the most distance.

-Why is the clsn for the throw so small (vertically)?

-Most of her clsns are pretty bad. Let's look at anim 250, element 5. It uses 4 clsns when 2 would have been enough (1 for the upper body and another for the lower body). Something you should remember is that you don't need to cover the entire sprite. You just need to capture a decent amount of the character's body.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 07:22:44 PM »
Divine Wolf, I have posted a video of your Poison, soon I'll post one with Mai.

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 08:47:17 PM »
Poison
-The distance (x-wise) on High Heel Pounce (Heavy version) seems a little too high. Is there a reason for it to travel nearly full screen? Also, shouldn't the EX version go the farthest? It seems odd (to me) that the roundhouse version covers the most distance.

-Why is the clsn for the throw so small (vertically)?

-Most of her clsns are pretty bad. Let's look at anim 250, element 5. It uses 4 clsns when 2 would have been enough (1 for the upper body and another for the lower body). Something you should remember is that you don't need to cover the entire sprite. You just need to capture a decent amount of the character's body.

-The velocities of High Heel Pounce are derived straight from PotS' M.Bison(Vega). I respect your opinion, however, do not agree with it. It works exactly the same. As for the EX version, it's meant to combo easier, rather then distance covered. Along with the special properties of it being able to pass through normal projectiles, and the first hit being an overhead.

-Ah yeah, that is sorta small. I'll be sure to fix that in future updates.

-Once again, I respect your opinion, though do not agree with it. In essence, being gamer freely with the clsns is good. Though, in some instances, you should be a tad more maticulous in your placement of them. Using two big clsns (technically 3 including the hit clsn, which there are technically 5 clsns in that anim) for that anim would have been sloppy and lazy. Just as bad as if I had just used the auto-map clsn function. Attacks usually require you to be a bit more precise with placement IMO. While general/getting hit anims should cover a general portion of said char. Your feedback is noted. Thank you for the feedback.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:59:24 PM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 10:09:22 PM »
D Wolf, on the CLSNs a lot of people don't use complex collisions because they tend to take up a lot of memory. Personally I side a little more on the exact CLSNs side, but you'll probably see that criticism a lot.

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »
D Wolf, on the CLSNs a lot of people don't use complex collisions because they tend to take up a lot of memory. Personally I side a little more on the exact CLSNs side, but you'll probably see that criticism a lot.

Yeah it's fine, you can't expect to put out anything, without getting criticism. He has a valid point with some of the clsn. While I don't agree with that anim in particular, some of the other frames could be reduced a bit. It will all be noted for future updates. They are both still WIPs, so nothing is set in stone. Some good news... I was able to get in contact with Jmorphman and he's helping me out with putting the finishing touches on them. He already taught me how to make the super name text, along with making a Lv3 portrait for my Mai. I've already begun work on those updates.

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 11:50:16 PM »
The frame prior to the one I mentioned only uses 3 clsns and is fine. I don't understand why you needed to add another one.

There are 3 -1 Statedefs for each version of Ryu En Bu but you can use ifelse (or Boolean Algebra) and 1 Statedef and still have access to three different versions of that attack.

[State -1, Ryu En Bu]
type = ChangeState
value = ifelse(command = "Ryu En Bu2",1301,ifelse(command = "Ryu En Bu3",1302,1300))
triggerall = command = "Ryu En Bu" || command = "Ryu En Bu2" || command = "Ryu En Bu3"
triggerall = Statetype != A
trigger1= ctrl || StateNo = 40 || StateNo = 52 ||(stateno=[100,101])
trigger2 = var(5)

I don't believe this will interfere with your version setting variable.

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 12:33:05 AM »
This is all minor stuff.
Why does standing HK have a posadd? The attack doesn't look like it calls for it at all.
Crouch sprite itself could maybe be fixed up a little? Lots of the others are good but this one her body looks wrong.
Afterimages on supers last 3-4 ticks too long, seeing some of them that look like the final 2 frames actually detracts from the super.

More gameplay type stuff
time = 32 is actually a really long time for any attack. I found i could do supers rather too loosely.
Some of the commands could be changed around a bit. Not because they're bad but because things don't fit well. You have a level 2 which is accessed by 2 keys, and you have a level 3 which is only accessed by 1, aside from power use the level 3 is better simply because the command is simpler. Personally i'd have them both go off 2 keys and see if i could do a level 1 version of the level 3 as well to link things up.
The somersault attack. I can see you've gone for more range per strength, the problems lie in comparing the Ex version to the strong one. I only gain 15 damage and lose half a screen of range for that power loss, it doesn't seem entirely justified. As it's also essentially an aerial attack and poison doesn't have any air supers you could cancel into in the middle it feels awkward.

I like the sprites and although you could technically keep refining them till they're super awesome they fit with each other and none look hugely out of place (apart from that crouch one) and damage is fair across the board. A bit of polish to how things mesh together and this would be a nice original piece of work. It's good to see fully sprited characters out there.

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 08:51:50 AM »
This is all minor stuff.
Why does standing HK have a posadd? The attack doesn't look like it calls for it at all.
Crouch sprite itself could maybe be fixed up a little? Lots of the others are good but this one her body looks wrong.
Afterimages on supers last 3-4 ticks too long, seeing some of them that look like the final 2 frames actually detracts from the super.

More gameplay type stuff
time = 32 is actually a really long time for any attack. I found i could do supers rather too loosely.
Some of the commands could be changed around a bit. Not because they're bad but because things don't fit well. You have a level 2 which is accessed by 2 keys, and you have a level 3 which is only accessed by 1, aside from power use the level 3 is better simply because the command is simpler. Personally i'd have them both go off 2 keys and see if i could do a level 1 version of the level 3 as well to link things up.
The somersault attack. I can see you've gone for more range per strength, the problems lie in comparing the Ex version to the strong one. I only gain 15 damage and lose half a screen of range for that power loss, it doesn't seem entirely justified. As it's also essentially an aerial attack and poison doesn't have any air supers you could cancel into in the middle it feels awkward.

I like the sprites and although you could technically keep refining them till they're super awesome they fit with each other and none look hugely out of place (apart from that crouch one) and damage is fair across the board. A bit of polish to how things mesh together and this would be a nice original piece of work. It's good to see fully sprited characters out there.

-The posadd is personal preference. Along with to me, it appears that Poison would be stepping forward into the kick. Rather then just standing in place.

-I in no way, shape or form take any credit in the creation and/or editing of Poison's sprites. I simply work with what I have. The sprites were made by Dampir and are opensource. If anyone is willing to edit sprites to help improve on her, I'd glady add them in. I have no sprite editing abilities what so ever.

-Hmm... I'll see if I can cut down on the afterimage time a few ticks.

-The time of 32 is derived straight from PotS'/Jmorphman's characters(check PotS' Geese, Cammy, Nakoruru/Jmorphman's Joe, Chun-Li, Kyo), which these characters emulate that style. That's a personal preference for you, you could always change it yourself.

-Refer to Poison's ReadMe on info about High Heel Assault. It will be changed to two buttons in future updates.

-EX Crescent Stiletto has more invulnerabilty during the start up, as opposed to it's normal version. Making you more likely to interupt/counter attacking foes. Along with the damage multiplier, I didn't want to add too much damage on. However I'll take it into consideration. Or are you refering to High Heel Pounce? The same thing applies damage wise, as for the range of the move, please refer to my previous response to Y. about the special properties of EX High Heel Pounce.

Thank you for the feedback.

The frame prior to the one I mentioned only uses 3 clsns and is fine. I don't understand why you needed to add another one.

There are 3 -1 Statedefs for each version of Ryu En Bu but you can use ifelse (or Boolean Algebra) and 1 Statedef and still have access to three different versions of that attack.

I don't believe this will interfere with your version setting variable.

I also did the same thing for the wall version of Flying Squirrel Furiante and Burning Mai. It's the same difference really as using ifelse/boolean algebra. Thanks though. I doubt it effects the size of the cmd that much.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:13:18 AM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline nedflandeurse

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 02, 2024, 02:44:25 AM
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 05:40:22 PM »
Finally some POTS type Mai.
Still needs work.
And why not giving her other moves from Kof?
Her air comand moves and other special, super...

Keep up the good work :)

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 05:56:55 PM »
Finally some POTS type Mai.
Still needs work.
And why not giving her other moves from Kof?
Her air comand moves and other special, super...

Keep up the good work :)

Because adding extra moves takes a LOT of work and effort, lol.
Actually, aside from adding a Power Up mode and some cosmetic stuff, Mai is pretty much done. Her updates will be released soon, hopefully before the end of next week.

I won't be adding any new moves to her, sorry. Glad you like her however and thanks.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:02:32 PM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline GrimWatson

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 16, 2016, 05:07:53 PM
  • Professional Mugen Player.
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 12:55:36 PM »
  I enjoy using this poison, unlike tjuns version with crazy spritres, this ones a definite hit. Read your readme, I think your next project should be genjuro with his 16  hit slash. Would be cool to see em with ex and parry. looking forward to your futre post.

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 01:34:14 AM »
 I enjoy using this poison, unlike tjuns version with crazy spritres, this ones a definite hit. Read your readme, I think your next project should be genjuro with his 16  hit slash. Would be cool to see em with ex and parry. looking forward to your futre post.

The sprites are the same as TJ's, which as I said were made by Dampir. I suppose it was just the placement of how he put her animations together were a bit unorthodox. Though, I still give credit to his Poison. Yeah, I was leaning more toward Genjuro, simply due to the fact that he'd be easier to make then Hattori Hanzo. It's not a garuntee, though it is in his favor. I'm glad you like her and thanks for the feedback. Look forward to updates coming in April.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:06:42 PM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 01:51:46 AM »
 ...I think your next project should be genjuro with his 16  hit slash. Would be cool to see em with ex and parry. looking forward to your futre post.

considering poison, I think you should make a Roxy (the other girl from final fight, with orange hair) with new attacks, that could be good

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 12:12:23 PM »
He was commenting on Poison's ReadMe... Which there is a Q&A section. I will not be making any clone characters. Roxy and Poison are essentially the same character. There's a Roxy palette if that helps, lol.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:02:33 PM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 12:27:12 PM »
I just have two different versions of Poison in the roster... one that I've renamed Roxy and made the Roxy palette her default pal, the other remains Poison.    One is the IMT version and the other is the edit that Mr. Infinite made.   They both fight differently and each has a few moves the other doesn't (or moves that function differently).   So it makes them different enough (they should retain some similarities anyway kind of like Ryu/Ken).    :-??  that's how I do it anyway if that helps out at all Macaulyn.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat