collapse

Author Topic: How to add superjump to a char  (Read 9074 times)

Offline jlay720

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 28, 2012, 03:51:20 AM
Re: How to add superjump to a char
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2008, 01:08:52 PM »
alright ill do that

Offline jlay720

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 28, 2012, 03:51:20 AM
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2008, 12:58:53 PM »
Thx alot for your help Fallen_angel  :thumbsup:

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:July 04, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »
your welcome  :thumbsup:

sig made by shullbocka

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 18, 2015, 08:08:12 PM
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2008, 11:21:20 PM »
Hey Fallen, I've been working on this with Chosen01's ken, to no avail. If I sent you the character, could you add the code and tell me what you added and where it was added? I'm trying to understand this stuff, but I'm a spriter, not a coder...

Offline rayscream

• Last Login:August 26, 2018, 07:33:05 PM
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2008, 04:33:17 PM »
I did everything and it worked except for the launcher; i chose my launcher and my character id d it perfectly except that the enemy would not "launch". How do i fix this?

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »
I've done everything listed here. Nothing has happened..

This is in the CNS
Code: [Select]
;Super Jump
[Statedef 424]; change these for the number that you want
type = A
movetype = I
physics = N
anim = 40 ; these is the jump anim
velset = 0,0
ctrl = 0

[State 0, 0]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = Time = 0
sysvar(1) = 0

[State 0, 1]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = command = "holdfwd"
sysvar(1) = 1

[State 0, 2]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = command = "holdback"
sysvar(1) = -1

[State 0, 3]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = animtime = 0
x = ifelse(sysvar(1)=0, const(velocity.jump.neu.x), ifelse(sysvar(1)=1, const(velocity.jump.fwd.x), const(velocity.jump.back.x)))
y = const(velocity.jump.y)*1.7 ; you can change these value, to make it fit how you want the superjump

[State 0, 4]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = animtime = 0
value = 50
ctrl = 1

And this is in the CMD

Code: [Select]
[Command]
name = "DU"
command = D, U
time = 10

[State -1, super jump ]
type = ChangeState
value = 424
trigger1 = command = "DU"
trigger1 = ctrl ; these means that you can make the move when you control the char
trigger1 = statetype != A ; these is to make that you cant use the superjump while you are in the air
; If you want to make a launcher you can use these
;trigger2 = (stateno = yyy) && (movehit) && (command = "holdup") ;yyy right here is the stateno for your lancher

What am I doing wrong?

Offline rayscream

• Email
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2008, 05:57:24 PM »
i finally got the enemy to launch with my launcher, now how do i get to be able to hit them in the air? i cant even juggle

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Email
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2008, 02:39:39 PM »
@Ioncat... as I told you on the pm... out everything on the right place... the commands go with the commandas and the changestate goes under the statedef -1

@Rayscream... i dont know what the problem could be...check if the char can attack in the air

sig made by shullbocka

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2008, 03:01:03 PM »
@Ioncat... as I told you on the pm... out everything on the right place... the commands go with the commandas and the changestate goes under the statedef -1

It's all in the right place, at least it's where you told me to put them. None of this is working. I give up.

Offline rayscream

• Email
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2008, 11:13:22 PM »
ioncat, all u did was copy and paste. at the cns, pick a statedef number, one that hasnt been used. then u see all the state below it u should use that same number so if its statedef = 195, u should do state = 195, 0 then state 195, 1, etc. Then at CMD, the xxx and yyy should be changed to your statedef number and launcher statedef number respectively and take the parentheses off. then check the cns of your character make sure the air velocity is like 50 and double jump (like what fallen angel said). then if u want the superjump character to move while in the air, use the veladd that fallen angel provided. i actually don't know anything about programming, this is my first try, thanks for the tutorial, but yeah it's not that hard you just have to tinker. i checked another tutorial video about sprites and i was able to take out the marvel vs capcom logo with my screenpack and replaced it with another pcx of my choosing using gimp and fighter factory. i cant wait to try making stages with the stage template. it's not all hard, just tinker a little bit, and yeah read the entire messages here, rather than cut and pasting, they are all pretty helpful. try to add superjump to kung fu man

yeah fallen, i was actually trying to add superjump to the recently released aquaman, but apparently aquaman can't hit in the air more than once; he can air throw tho so that is probably why; the other characters i added superjump worked fine. thanks again, i may soon become a good mugen programmer and start making my own characters.

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2008, 12:02:33 AM »
See, that was the kind of explanation I needed. No offense to anyone, but most of the replies here either weren't very descriptive or were spoken in poor English. The only thing I did wrong was the state195, 1 thing. Thanks alot, guys.

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Email
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2008, 12:55:32 AM »
yeah fallen, i was actually trying to add superjump to the recently released aquaman, but apparently aquaman can't hit in the air more than once; he can air throw tho so that is probably why; the other characters i added superjump worked fine. thanks again, i may soon become a good mugen programmer and start making my own characters.

I don't have that char but I think that maybe the problem could be the juggle points, if it isn't that, try adding a combo feature to the char (there is a tuto on these forum)

I wish you look becoming a mugen  creator

sig made by shullbocka

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2008, 02:53:42 AM »
Alright, so, I'm going to break this down. I'm NOT just copying and pasting here. Either this code doesn't work with Chosen01's ken or I'm missing an important detail.

So, I copied the CNS code you said to copy and I pasted it in the CNS.

I made my own statedef number, and I made sure it wasn't used. The number was 999.
I made sure that all of the things that said "state =" looked like "state = 195, 0" "state = 195, 1" etc

Then I entered the things you said to put in the CMD. I replaced the "xxx" with "999" and I put a semicolon in front of the launcher stuff, as I dont need that.

I'm not sure what exactly the air velocity is or where to find it, but I made sure that my characters [movement] looked like this:
[Movement]
airjump.num = 2    ;Number of air jumps allowed (opt)
airjump.height = 50  ;Minimum distance from ground before you can air jump (opt)
yaccel = .44         ;Vertical acceleration
stand.friction = .85  ;Friction coefficient when standing
crouch.friction = .82 ;Friction coefficient when crouching

Now from what I understand, that should have been all that I had to do. I enter MUGEN to use Ken, and he STILL has no superjump. He can DOUBLE jump twice, but no "Down, UP" Super jump. I've done everything that was said, so unless I'm doing something WRONG, I'm going to need some help here.

I would REALLY appreciate it if I could SEND Ken to someone and have them add it in, then explain to me what was changed.

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 16, 2023, 09:17:46 PM
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2008, 09:00:58 PM »
I'm stuck on being able to launch your foe..... How and where exactly do you put the coding for launching chars? I got the super jump coding down now, just tried this out 2day. Though the launching chars isn't working. I'm supposed to use this right?

[State xxx, jump combo]
type = changestate
trigger1 = movehit ; when you hit the opponent
trigger1 = command = "holdup"
value = xxx ; the superjump state
ctrl = 1 ; these means that you re-gain control

As coding for launching? I need to know exactly where does this go. In the CMD or in the CNS? Can the coding go anywhere in the CMD or CNS? Or does it have to be in a specific place? Do I change both "xxx" values to the super jump state value? Or just where it says to put the super jump state? I've been trying to implement the launcher into CNGSOFT's Dan and N64Mario's Gou Hibiki, but it's just not working. There must be something I'm missing.

With this coding........

[Command]
name = "DU"
command = D, U
time = 10

[State -1, super jump ]
type = ChangeState
value = xxx
trigger1 = ctrl ; these means that you can make the move when you control the char
trigger1 = statetype != A ; this is to make it that you can't Super Jump while in the air
trigger2 = (stateno = yyy) && (movehit) && (command = "holdup") ;yyy right here is the stateno for your launcher

I did as it says, and changed the value of "yyy" to a launcher attack state, that of crouching heavy punch (420). Now, when I hit a foe with crouching heavy punch, and hold up, they indeed jump up in the air for an air combo, though I can't launch my foe. How do I code in to launch the foe from the launcher?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 10:29:39 PM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage

"Let me show you..."

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Email
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2008, 11:32:01 PM »
@Ioncat... the changestate add it below the statedef -1 ... make it the first changestate... sorry mateI can't help you more cause I cant use the up button

@Divinewolf... to launch the opponent modify on the hitdef the ground velocity and air.velocity.. remember first is the x axis and then is the y axis... on the y axis - is up and +is down

sig made by shullbocka

Offline 2dgameplay

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 14, 2009, 01:42:35 PM
  • mugen creater n training
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2008, 12:14:12 AM »
@Ioncat... the changestate add it below the statedef -1 ... make it the first changestate... sorry mateI can't help you more cause I cant use the up button

@Divinewolf... to launch the opponent modify on the hitdef the ground velocity and air.velocity.. remember first is the x axis and then is the y axis... on the y axis - is up and +is down

fallen i took care of @ioncat

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2008, 12:49:57 AM »

So...... Does that mean that this coding here.......

[State xxx, jump combo]
type = changestate
trigger1 = movehit ; when you hit the opponent
trigger1 = command = "holdup"
value = xxx ; the superjump state
ctrl = 1 ; these means that you re-gain control

Isn't needed......? All I need do is change the hitdef values air/ground for crouching heavy punch in the CNS? And if that's not the case, meaning if I stil need to use this coding, then where does it go? In the CNS? Or the CMD?

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Email
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2008, 12:54:12 AM »
Divinewolf you need to add the code that you posted to make your char use a superjump when you hit the opponent... modifying the vel on the hitdef makes the char goes up and now you can hit him ;)

2dgameplay.. thnx a lot  :thumbsup:

sig made by shullbocka

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2008, 01:00:30 AM »
Actually, I haven't even added that coding in yet, and the chars I've given the super jump to, Dan and Gou Hibiki, already pursue up after crouching heavy punch. All I need is to learn how to make the foe launch. So, the coding just makes your char pursue after the launcher? Or it is also needed to make your launcher actually launch a foe into the air?

Also, I need to know exactly where to put this coding. In the CMD? Or the CNS? In a specific area in either place? Or where ever is good?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 01:02:19 AM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu

"Let me show you..."

Offline 2dgameplay

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2008, 02:54:46 AM »
Actually, I haven't even added that coding in yet, and the chars I've given the super jump to, Dan and Gou Hibiki, already pursue up after crouching heavy punch. All I need is to learn how to make the foe launch. So, the coding just makes your char pursue after the launcher? Or it is also needed to make your launcher actually launch a foe into the air?

Also, I need to know exactly where to put this coding. In the CMD? Or the CNS? In a specific area in either place? Or where ever is good?

these goes in the cns
;Super Jump
[Statedef xxx]; change these for the number that you want
type = A
movetype = I
physics = N
anim = 40 ; these is the jump anim
velset = 0,0
ctrl = 0

[State 0, ]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = Time = 0
sysvar(1) = 0

[State 0, ]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = command = "holdfwd"
sysvar(1) = 1

[State 0, ]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = command = "holdback"
sysvar(1) = -1

[State 0, ]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = animtime = 0
x = ifelse(sysvar(1)=0, const(velocity.jump.neu.x), ifelse(sysvar(1)=1, const(velocity.jump.fwd.x), const(velocity.jump.back.x)))
y = const(velocity.jump.y)*1.7 ; you can change these value, to make it fit how you want the superjump

[State 0, ]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = animtime = 0
value = 50
ctrl = 1

these goes in the cmd
[Command]
name = "DU"
command = D, U
time = 10

[State -1, super jump ]
type = ChangeState
value = xxx
trigger1 = statetype != A ; these is to make that you cant use the superjump while you are in the air
trigger2 = (stateno = yyy) && (movehit) && (command = "holdup") ;yyy right here is the stateno for your lancher

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2008, 03:02:28 AM »
With 2d's help, I now understand how to do this. Now I have two small questions.

A) Can I make it so a sound is played when he superjumps?
B) Is there a way to have him superjump while moving? right now he can only superjump while standing still.

Thanks alot for the help guys, especially 2d for walking me through things step by step.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:16:23 AM by Ioncat »

Offline 2dgameplay

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2008, 03:45:14 AM »
With 2d's help, I now understand how to do this. Now I have two small questions.

B) Is there a way to have him superjump while moving? right now he can only superjump while standing still.

Thanks alot for the help guys, especially 2d for walking me through things step by step.

u mean like running or walkinng

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2008, 05:13:04 AM »

u mean like running or walkinng

Either. In MvC you can superjump while moving, I'd like to do the same. I'm more concerned about adding sound to it though.

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Email
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2008, 12:20:29 PM »
to add a sound to the superjump use a playsound...usa as a trigger1 = time =0.... check the docs for more informartion.

I think that adding these trigger to the changestate you can make him superjump while walking

trigger1= stateno = xxx <- - -  check in the debug or in the common1 wich are the states of running

these trigger means that you can activate the sj while you are on that state ;)

sig made by shullbocka

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2008, 02:59:44 PM »
to add a sound to the superjump use a playsound...usa as a trigger1 = time =0.... check the docs for more informartion.

I think that adding these trigger to the changestate you can make him superjump while walking

trigger1= stateno = xxx <- - -  check in the debug or in the common1 wich are the states of running

these trigger means that you can activate the sj while you are on that state ;)

I'm gonna be honest with you, man. I am not a coder. I don't know what any of that means. I know, call me a noob, I am...I just need this stuff to be layed out in front of me and spoon fed.  #:-S

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal