Author Topic: Wii 2  (Read 2553 times)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: Wii 2
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2011, 02:00:57 PM »
I know it has a lot of games, but all of them seem like rushed boring stuff. A lot like what the Wii (regular) has a lot of. It needs more games that many months are spent on, not just a few weeks.
That's kinda what I was saying.

But while the Wii at least has some amazing games like Galaxy 2, Okami, DKC Returns, and MadWorld

The Kinect has ... Sesame Street and virtualt trip to DisneyLand

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2011, 03:54:03 PM »
Are people calling the Wii line-up lazy and boring again?

Cause I'm pretty sure Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wario Land Shake-It!, Klonoa Wii, No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2, Madworld, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and Muramasa: the Demon Blade all disagree with you. And they're not alone.

The only things the Wii was missing that X-Box and PS3 offered were Achievements, user profile, and decent online. That's really it. The game libraries are strong on all consoles.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
No, no Kriven. I'm saying Kinect needs stuff like that. :D A lot of the games for Wii are like that, but certainly not all. I'm saying that most companies look at the Wii (and now Kinect) and figure 'Hey we can make a quick gimmick game like Super Beach Fun Time! We'll spend 4 days on it and release it.' Almost all 1st party Wii games are great, and there are obviously a lot of other 2nd and 3rd party games that are great too. I was saying the Wii has an over abundance of poor games as well, and that the Kinect pretty much only has that

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2011, 04:34:15 PM »
So I say let's give the PSMove shovelware as well

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2011, 07:19:52 PM »
My bad 3: I thought you were dissing Wii and Kinect together.

I think the biggest problem with Kinect is that we aren't really ready for it. It was the same problem Nintendo found when they released the Wii. As consumers and sheep, we all gawk initially, but as gamers, we don't seem to be ready to leave the traditional controller. When you force the new play controls on people, you sell less games and get a lot less developer support from big guns. Developers will have to find a way to make innovative control schemes for both the Kinect and regular controller, but Microsoft is going to have to lead the way. Maybe Rareware could make something good again and show them how it's done. A new Perfect Dark, mayhaps?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2011, 08:42:05 PM »
Maybe Rareware could make something good again and show them how it's done. A new Perfect Dark, mayhaps?
I'd rather have a TRUE Banjo-Kazooie 3

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:46:57 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »
Are people calling the Wii line-up lazy and boring again?

Cause I'm pretty sure Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wario Land Shake-It!, Klonoa Wii, No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2, Madworld, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and Muramasa: the Demon Blade all disagree with you. And they're not alone.

The only things the Wii was missing that X-Box and PS3 offered were Achievements, user profile, and decent online. That's really it. The game libraries are strong on all consoles.
yeah in 4 or five years thats all, so yes. Tho when Nintendo releases a game its GREAT and the reply value is off the charts. But thats the problem. Only Nintendo games tend to be good for the console. you only get about 3 or 4 off those games a year. Maybe at X-mas you'll get something extra. The point being Nintendo needs to do some to about the 3rd party support. They have all most none and thats there own fault.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2011, 09:35:35 PM »
To be honest, my favorite Wii games have no Nintendo involvement. TvC, ToS2, NMH...

And DKCR and NSMBW are among some of the games I would be most willing to give up. :-\

Offline C.R.O.M.-Mugen-Ninja

• The One And Only Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 06, 2023, 09:49:01 AM
  • The Ninja is never gone ~
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2011, 10:00:06 PM »
I bought Nintendo Wii 1 only for Super Smash Bros Brawl...
And I'm gonna buy Wii 2 only for Super Smash Bros 4... no other reasons really
For many years, Mugen has been a passion to the Ninja, and still today it is. From 09' n' til this day ~

Keep fighting, keep struggling, keep creating, and have fun ~

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2011, 10:36:20 PM »
Quick, do you think Brawl was a good successor to Melee?

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:46:57 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2011, 10:42:08 PM »
me too

nope, its was garbage by comparison. But ill still buy #4 tho. if 4 is garbage then i may just give up on Nintendo cause thats the bread and butter for me.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2011, 10:45:40 PM »

No, I think brawl was a terrible game. I wasted well over 500+ hours on that game just to learn everything about it, (all its mechanics and such) and find out that it was one or the most unbalanced games I had ever played. I even switched to brawl + about 3/4 through my run through it, but the damage that game had caused was already there.

Here this explains one of the reasons I hate this game:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:53:44 PM by Silva-silva »

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »
Last comment on my threadjack #429, but I thought Brawl was a great successor. I don't find Meta Knight that tough, just play a bit of keep away and hit and run. I think a game like Brawl has a weird kind of balance, especially with the diversity of stages and odd items, and how characters can adapt. (like how Snake has poor mobility, speed, power, and yet still manages to be pretty tough, even cheap at times)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2011, 11:32:35 PM »
To be honest I like Melee and Brawl both equally. There are somethings I hate about the two, like how Brawl is floaty and unbalanced and how Melee is so unforgiving in terms of AI level but I still enjoy both games.

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2011, 11:34:31 PM »
Last comment on my threadjack #429, but I thought Brawl was a great successor. I don't find Meta Knight that tough, just play a bit of keep away and hit and run. I think a game like Brawl has a weird kind of balance, especially with the diversity of stages and odd items, and how characters can adapt. (like how Snake has poor mobility, speed, power, and yet still manages to be pretty tough, even cheap at times)

For meta knight I think your playing as meta knight not fighting him.

For snake two things  forward tilt and up tilt. Repeat until victory.
And you do know he can dash across the entire screen right?

at 1:20

Perfectly fair right?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:43:04 PM by Silva-silva »

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2011, 12:36:05 AM »
No, I'm kinda bad with MK, I just tend to run at people with him and hope it works. :D

Didn't know about those tricks but I guess I can respond...
1st one: Its seems like as shown by the video, even Link (hyper-low tier) and a ton of others have those.

2nd one: ...uh...*throws paint in eyes and runs*

Infinite aside, I still think it was a quality game.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2011, 12:50:32 AM »
No, I'm kinda bad with MK, I just tend to run at people with him and hope it works. :D

Didn't know about those tricks but I guess I can respond...
1st one: Its seems like as shown by the video, even Link (hyper-low tier) and a ton of others have those.

2nd one: ...uh...*throws paint in eyes and runs*

Infinite aside, I still think it was a quality game.

Snake can do it BETTER then all the other characters in the game.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2011, 01:31:28 AM »
Well he is the best there is. :D

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2011, 01:42:34 AM »
- Brawl doesn't have to be competetive to be fun, and fun is what's at the center of a "game." So if a game is fun, then it's a good game.

- The only unbalancing feature of Brawl would be the random tripping. Without that, a skilled player could avoid the "broken" traps of other characters.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2011, 02:36:12 AM »
- Brawl doesn't have to be competetive to be fun, and fun is what's at the center of a "game." So if a game is fun, then it's a good game.
You know I'd agree with you, but I doubt you played the game every day with a guy who treated every match like it was a tournament. It's not fun watching him do the bullcrap Dedede/Falco chaingrabs, or abusing the stupid-butt broken hitboxes snake has, or turtle his butt off with meta-knight. Not fun. At all. Also I play as bowser, and my friends played as Captain Falcon and Ganon.

- The only unbalancing feature of Brawl would be the random tripping. Without that, a skilled player could avoid the "broken" traps of other characters.
Play a pro meta-knight/snake/dedede/falco, then tell me that again.

That being said, I still enjoy playing brawl, as long as it's not with that guy. However the only friend that would play it with me won't play it without Silva-Silva there, and he hate the game with a passion. So I can't play brawl.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2011, 02:57:22 AM »
You know, I'd agree with you, but I learned a long time ago not to play with people who can't handle a friendly game. Also, the fact that you state you play as Bowser as a point implies that you're unwilling to change up to suit the situation, so that's your own problem.

The problem with playing a pro player, is that I'm not a pro player. Your statement really means nothing with that in mind. Just because the match is unbalanced, doesn't mean the game is. I would just be out of my league.

Really could have done without the attitude in your post, especially considering that all of your rebuttals were based on opinionated personal scenario and are tainted by Brawling out of your league.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2011, 03:01:34 AM »
I didn't really read any attitude in it. Just an honest opinion, lets keep friendly, its just a game (that we all bought).

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2011, 03:12:55 AM »
You know, I'd agree with you, but I learned a long time ago not to play with people who can't handle a friendly game. Also, the fact that you state you play as Bowser as a point implies that you're unwilling to change up to suit the situation, so that's your own problem.

The problem with playing a pro player, is that I'm not a pro player. Your statement really means nothing with that in mind. Just because the match is unbalanced, doesn't mean the game is. I would just be out of my league.

Really could have done without the attitude in your post, especially considering that all of your rebuttals were based on opinionated personal scenario and are tainted by Brawling out of your league.

No man, he's not pro, I'm as good as him. I play as bowser cause I play for fun. This guy, he changed his main from pit to snake/dedede/falco the instant the tier list came out.

I play as characters I like, not because of how good they are. I refuse to counter pick. This is still a game. I don't have to change who I play as just to beat one person.

I assure you, I know how to chain grab with falco/dedede, or abuse the hell out of snake? Does that mean I should do it just to play with that guy? no. I'd rather lose then stoop to that level.

And sasuke is right, I honestly didn't mean it to be mean or anything, I'm just telling you what I've noticed after I played the game for about 2 years straight every lunch hour.

Also, I'm serious about this game being unbalanced. It's as bad as MVC2. Ganon's match-ups against Ice-climbers (another one of my friends "faves") is 0-100 in their favor. seriously man. Zero to One hundred in Ice climbers favor. pro Ganon litterally can't win vs. pro climbers. This guy's Idea of a match is one grab = one stock. That's not fun at all man.  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:19:08 AM by -Whiplash- »

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2011, 03:19:03 AM »
I play on 2 levels. Fun at first, but if they play serious I step it up. If I'm playing around in SFIV I'll use Rufus, Zangief or some other char I couldn't beat a 2-year-old with for fun. But if someone is unleashing the fury of the 'Tiger-Tiger-Tiger' flow chart, its Vega/Cammy time. Same with SSBB. So far I haven't met anyone ready for that, mainly because I can hardly play online in it :D.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2011, 03:21:06 AM »
So far I haven't met anyone ready for that, mainly because I can hardly play online in it :D.
^^(PM)^
I always find the game more fun to play with the guy sitting next to you anyway.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[Today at 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[Today at 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[Today at 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare