collapse

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3  (Read 9018 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2007, 07:09:34 PM »
All im sayin is if its anything like the DS Dragon ball Z super Sonic warriors 2 then im straight. That game had the sickest tag team and last minute supers ive ever seen for a DBZ game. I got it as soon as it came out :thumbsup:. It was by Banpresto (the originators of hardcore DBZ fighting games). Look into it peeps if you dont have it yet for the DS. seriously. :) :)

GET A DOSE HERE

AND HERE

&NR=1

(soundtrack is great too)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 07:13:26 PM by Mugenist1 »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2007, 07:12:14 PM »
you mean this?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/myCdDzBft1Q&amp;rel/1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/myCdDzBft1Q&amp;rel/1</a>

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2007, 07:14:08 PM »
Exactly my friend. Thanks :thumbsup: :)
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2007, 08:07:57 PM »
[youtube=425,350]-tCUVJxcGpg[/youtube]

:| WOW. They yell,  glow, change hair & shake the earth just like every other anime.  (:|

I lost interest in DBZ games because the combo system is too easy and the characters never really changed. I like the fighting style & customization with the Capsules tho.

I honestly think the the best game was on the PS1...I had to get mine mine modded to play it.

There was a lot more fighting variety in this version than whats been done recently. Plus the used the SSJ4 and the boss was Bebi as the Saiyan Gorilla. GT wasnt even playing in the US at that time. They still ran re-runs of Dragon Ball and barely had any of the Z series at all. I had to order that game online.

also had this ordered online then:

:)
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2007, 12:11:12 AM »
WOW. They yell,  glow, change hair & shake the earth just like every other anime. 

That's kinda dumb, to think that all anime is alike, it's like I saying that every film is like SpiderMan.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2007, 12:40:27 AM »
That's kinda dumb, to think that all anime is alike, it's like I saying that every film is like SpiderMan.

OK, i dont think they ALL are alike. More times you see that same power up scenario repeated through different shows. After so long it gets old, ya know. Im sure there are many others that think the same thing.
 :-??
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2007, 02:23:04 PM »
OK, i dont think they ALL are alike. More times you see that same power up scenario repeated through different shows. After so long it gets old, ya know. Im sure there are many others that think the same thing.

Well yes, But I believe the game has to stay true to the anime. But Anyway.

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2007, 07:18:51 PM »
That's true it has to stay true to the anime, also i hope the new version has alot more moves for the chars instead of recycled moves that is the only thing i am worried about right now. ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2007, 08:50:21 PM »
[youtube=425,350]-tCUVJxcGpg[/youtube]

:| WOW. They yell,  glow, change hair & shake the earth just like every other anime.  (:|

I lost interest in DBZ games because the combo system is too easy and the characters never really changed. I like the fighting style & customization with the Capsules tho.

I honestly think the the best game was on the PS1...I had to get mine mine modded to play it.

There was a lot more fighting variety in this version than whats been done recently. Plus the used the SSJ4 and the boss was Bebi as the Saiyan Gorilla. GT wasnt even playing in the US at that time. They still ran re-runs of Dragon Ball and barely had any of the Z series at all. I had to order that game online.

also had this ordered online then:

:)

lol. Your not the only person that modded a ps1 to play DBGT.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2007, 08:55:07 PM »
same here i still remember the code for unlocking everyone in the start screen press up,right,down,left X2 then i think circle and triangle till you hear some sounds.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2007, 11:56:14 PM »
That's true it has to stay true to the anime, also i hope the new version has alot more moves for the chars instead of recycled moves that is the only thing i am worried about right now.

Already happened, Everyone has at least 1 personal move. :)

Offline Akeme

« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2007, 01:20:16 AM »
Hmm, that is what i'm talking about, why just one personel move it should be atleast a set of new personel moves for every char especially the veterans of the series instead of just recycled same moves for everyone. ;)

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2007, 01:32:58 AM »
Hmm, that is what i'm talking about, why just one personel move it should be atleast a set of new personel moves for every char especially the veterans of the series instead of just recycled same moves for everyone. ;)

I agree. In the older Dragon Ball games each character had there own specials that u wouldve seen used in the series. Now everyone just has one or two energy blast.

In Shin Budokai: Another Road (for example) Future Trunks has:

^^the bottom 2 are his biggest move in the game. The rest are simple commands <_<|...|
in previous games they would have specials that completely stopped the game and would destroy the whole environment :-??
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:34:43 AM by MunkyMouf »
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Akeme

« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2007, 01:53:24 AM »
You see that's what i'm talking about, also i remeber in budokai 1+2+3 everyone had different specials like MunkyMouf pointed out, but in the latest tenkaichi that i have everyone just has to specials either it wave and rush attack or wave and aura explosion blast, just only a few char have different specials altogether. I say their needs to be atleast 4 or 5 big specials and then alot of specific combos and moves to each char individually. ;)

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2007, 02:14:48 PM »
Shadow Dragon Saga

PT1
*god I've got to learn how to dodge like THAT!!!!!!*
<a href="http://youtube.com/watch/v/RvVBSN7MZ3w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtube.com/watch/v/RvVBSN7MZ3w</a>

PT2
<a href="http://youtube.com/watch/v/LAXT3RnFkAc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtube.com/watch/v/LAXT3RnFkAc</a>

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2007, 05:07:12 PM »
Hmm, that is what i'm talking about, why just one personel move it should be atleast a set of new personel moves for every char especially the veterans of the series instead of just recycled same moves for everyone.

Problem is, This game has 150+ characters, not just 20 or so like in Shin Budokai, how can you expect every single character to be given such an exclusive moveset and finish the game in less than 2 years? it's impossible.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2007, 07:40:22 PM »
Exactly, I was gonna post something like that. To add to Gigan's point, a good portion of those new characters, you don't see them really fight in the series. King Vegeta doesn't even land a punch in any of the series. I am interested to see how he fights. Those gifs that were posted, I bet that Trunks has all those moves in Budokai Tenkaichi 3, it is just that they don't look as flashy.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2007, 08:32:33 PM »
Exactly, I was gonna post something like that. To add to Gigan's point, a good portion of those new characters, you don't see them really fight in the series. King Vegeta doesn't even land a punch in any of the series. I am interested to see how he fights. Those gifs that were posted, I bet that Trunks has all those moves in Budokai Tenkaichi 3, it is just that they don't look as flashy.

He does, those moves are just exagerated.

Besides Sparking games beat the Budokai in the fact that they have most of the moves everyone had in the anime.

Like Cell having Makkankosappo or Dead Beam and or Vegeta using the same Kill moves he used against Zarbon or some Pui. :)

Offline Akeme

« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2007, 08:52:28 PM »
Hmm, that is what i'm talking about, why just one personel move it should be atleast a set of new personel moves for every char especially the veterans of the series instead of just recycled same moves for everyone.

Problem is, This game has 150+ characters, not just 20 or so like in Shin Budokai, how can you expect every single character to be given such an exclusive moveset and finish the game in less than 2 years? it's impossible.

Hmm, not necessarly true it can be done, but i'm saying is it doesn't have to be all major specials, just moves and combos that i know for sure can be done, Ex- Tekken and Soul Calibur and games like that do that all the time so they so be able to do the same with the DBZ chars regardless if they didn't fight much or not you can still come up with new moves and combos with out recycling. ;)

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2007, 09:44:24 PM »

Hmm, not necessarly true it can be done, but i'm saying is it doesn't have to be all major specials, just moves and combos that i know for sure can be done, Ex- Tekken and Soul Calibur and games like that do that all the time so they so be able to do the same with the DBZ chars regardless if they didn't fight much or not you can still come up with new moves and combos with out recycling. ;)

Well I will say this which I said in this thread, most of the character play the same. However the combat is fun despite how they move. I mean look at the newest vids Negi posted, the fighting in it is awsome. I think it would be REALLY hard to impliment such a Tekken like battle system while making the characters making them fly and move responsively like they do now.

The whole point people seem to be missing when it comes to DBZ games in general is that they aren't the most in depth fighting games on the planet. Super DBZ was made for the more hardcore fighting game fans. I like Tenkaichi more than the original Budokai for the reason it feels like a "True" DB fighting game should be, fast pace and fun while capturing the epic feel for the battles. I again understand that it will not have that deep fighting system, but that isn't what I look for in these games. I really hope they will make atleast one more Tenkaichi game for the PS3.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2007, 09:49:39 PM »
True i understand that, i also agree tenkaichi is better than the budokai series. I also hope they will bring the franchise to the ps3 so we can see what they can do with the ps3's power and all.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2007, 09:55:05 PM »
Sorry to steal some of your video posting thunder there Negi but I found this battle between King Piccolo and Kid Goku (Dragon Ball Era) pretty good (loved the ending)

[youtube=425,350]tZLMLwm8xZU[/youtube]

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2007, 10:06:44 PM »
True i understand that, i also agree tenkaichi is better than the budokai series. I also hope they will bring the franchise to the ps3 so we can see what they can do with the ps3's power and all.

I don't think there would be any difference aside from graphics, besides it's not like if they could make things in the PS3 that can't be done in the Wii/PS2.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2007, 10:17:36 PM »
lol. I wonder if you can play as Kid Piccilo (from one of the later episodes of Dragonball before Goku's a teenager), It would also be cool to play as Goku with his GT outfit (both adult and kid)

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2007, 11:02:34 PM »
lol. I wonder if you can play as Kid Piccilo (from one of the later episodes of Dragonball before Goku's a teenager), It would also be cool to play as Goku with his GT outfit (both adult and kid)

all though it would be fun. Thats the kinda thinking that made the previous games lack in fighting and add so many useless chars like Hercule & Pan.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar