collapse

Author Topic: Anime Battle Royal - Project Lab.  (Read 44610 times)

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
Re: Anime Battle Royal Test sprites
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2011, 02:06:27 AM »
That sprite is so f***** TIGHT, man! So they are the bases you frankensprited them, right? Enso 100% approved!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Maybe you can work on her since your sprites are so major. ;) Tight job you got there! ^^(PM)^

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2011, 03:38:37 AM »
^:)^The scythe is epic., u are developing a lot of skills recently.
i have to agree with taskmaster .  ^^(PM)^, you come a nice way since you first showed me your sprites way back when ABR was just startin out and i did my Kanu sprite and you showed me yours and a kazuma from s cryed. you have gotten good man. indeed. dont worry man , i am right behind you bro.  :thumbsup: the more you sprite and do harder edits , the better a spriter actually get i have noticed. I used to draw by hand heavy back in the day now ...lando is a spriter. lol  but yo man Fatal you nailed Maka's scyth so clean man its insane. you def done soul eater the scyth mad justice in mugen and Maka looks really really good. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

edit: well here is a lil more detail touchup on Jamin who is gettin his first animations this weekend for punch and kicks, forward walk and stance animation. Terry is still under editing as well. got a few good kicks and punches edited. My first wips for ABR are slowly comin along.
ON thias jamin i made some detail touchup on his shin guards to resemble a lil more from the FF3 anime he is in and added the jewel on them , plus dont want him to have Krauser shin guards. lol  I also redid his hair to match his anime look, i know shadaloo gonna say "FINALLYyou nailed his hair right like i said to!"   :D :D :D :D  yeah i finally did it shadaloo lives CROM fam :thumbsup:

i still have more on him to do tho. once done asnd getting those spriting frames. he should look real cool.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2011, 03:45:55 AM »
i know shadaloo gonna say "FINALLYyou nailed his hair right like i said to!"   :D :D :D :D  yeah i finally did it shadaloo lives

:D Yeah the hair is better.

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »
@Enso
Thank you, Enso!  :)
Spriting Maka is very hard, and if I knew spriting from scrach, then I could work on her. lol

i still have more on him to do tho. once done asnd getting those spriting frames. he should look real cool.
Hey, thank you for posting the Jamin sprite!
I like his hair too, and he looks like he is gonna be a power fighter!   :)

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2011, 08:09:55 PM »
The whole Jamin sprite is good, but the shin guards need work on the shading. They look messy and non-CVS-ish. I understand it's hard to shade on it. Take a look at the CVS Bison's shin guards. Take the SVC Bison, KOF Krauser, and CVS Bison as source to help you give an idea for shading. Otherwise, I'll try to edit his shin guards.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2011, 02:16:11 AM »
uhhh you dont have to edit his shin guards enso. lol. i got that bro. the ones i shown are just the rediting them a bit. ohhhh trust, lando gonna take real good care of Jamin as a whole bro. those shin guards are gonna change but that was the start of the change not the end result. just shown them in a different way that they will get a newer more closer look to his anime ones cause the others were too much like Krausers., but def bisons are a more suitable look so i will take a look at them from the cvs sprites i have cause i was planning on using them later on Jamin but this was my lil try at redoing them with a fresh start,. Jamin is getting his editing done this weekend and hopefully by next weekend i will have some animation on him to show. simple stuff. :thumbsup:

fatalfreak: yeah man he gonna be a good power fighter but more along Terry bogards line. he has some moves that he and terry both utilize but in different forms. terry has the Burn knuckle but jamin has the Boost Knuckle and such. O he will be like a alternate mirror form of terry just like the anime but habve some sets of abilities Terry doest. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:21:13 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando33 »

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2011, 09:23:55 PM »
@lando
Nice.  So his fighting style is gonna be like Terry's.  Just like Ryu and Akuma, huh?  Hey, so that means there won't be a power fighter character like Zangief, Alex, Juggernaut in the game?   :-??

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: February 18, 2011, 02:03:08 AM »
well the only power fighter i see that could be a true power fighter/wrestler in terms is gonna be Genma. he fights like a judo ninja dude, power type guy. but in essence nahhhh there isnt a zangief guy in the ABR project.

i am going to be doing my first coding on Terry soon, get my mugen creator virginess broken in. lol .  Like i was told, do in baby steps . So hopefully soon i can get a vid capture of some moves for Terry to show off. :thumbsup:

I am also gonna lay out some sprites this week on a few characters i am doing. i am hand drawing a couple first then gonna sprite them using the bases i have selected. :thumbsup:

@FATALFREAK  :  well Jamin abilities so far in the anime have shown to be indirect versions of moves that terry even uses but in their own right, a bit different. like Power wave vs Earthquaker, both a ground punch energy ability but employed diffrerently, power wave is one handed and earthquaker is a double fist smash even tho he can do a lower power version one handed like terry but in shorter range. A difference in their techniques is that Jamin can fire a power blast from one hand while terry cant bu what he does do is a sort of....well i will leave that move as a surprise bu i will say terry does the move in FF2 anime in the fir5st fight scene. you just have to catch it. lol . There are moves that he and terry dont do alike or rather Jamin just doesnt do so for other moves i will have to get very creative from the anime as add in some other moves based on his technique. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:23:50 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando33 »

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2011, 02:28:04 AM »
Genma is a judo fighter?  That's cool.
Hey, actually Rob from One Piece is a power fighter, right?
I found an image of this, and I didn't know he could transform.

Yeah, lando.  I'm glad to hear you're coding Terry.  I'm a supporter of your project.  ;)  btw, I haven't made any ABR test sprites recently.  Hopefully, someone makes a new sprite.  ;D

>:-(-|
It's been long time since I watched One Piece anime or One Piece manga.  I still remember a bad guy looks like Joker...

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »
sorry peoples , been busy in real life with work and fam, but i have been in the ABR cave doing the good work for characters. will have somethin nice to show in a while, a actual lil gameplay vid between Terry and Jamin soon hopefully fast enough for fans. lol.

well the screenpack maker Hloader has done the portraits in the select boxesfor the character select roster screen for the ABR project , he is still touchin up the other portraits for the big portraits to show when selecting. Broly and the girl shown are not selectable tho, just default mockups till its completed with the portraits and fonts names styles but here is the early preview of the characters in the game in their slots, they might change positions but these are the characters you will get to select for now till the poll for the open slot. enjoy for now. ABR is real and will definetly be fun.

hope everyone is doing well and keep ya eyes open. taking our time to make sure we deliver a good solid game for mugen enjoyment.

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2011, 07:14:16 PM »
Broly and the girl shown are not selectable tho, just default mockups till its completed with the portraits and fonts names styles but here is the early preview of the characters in the game in their slots, they might change positions but these are the characters you will get to select for now till the poll for the open slot. enjoy for now. ABR is real and will definetly be fun.

Y.A.V.O.Z is BACK!!!   =D>
Yeah, I like the character select and new portraits (Yeah, I noticed characters are alphabetical orders).  Well, I wouldn't mind Broly in the game since we're missing a lot of Power Fighters lol.  But the decision is up to you, Y.A.V.O.Z.  ;)

btw, I'm working on new sprite.  The sprite will be changed.
lol

Off-topic anime sprites (based on Athena)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:48:21 PM by fatalfreak »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2011, 01:24:31 AM »
Love the select screen you have there

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2011, 03:40:48 AM »
@ hypersonic.  Thanks for checking i out bro. the screenpack maker is def going hard in trying to make it have the good look  and feel for the project. V-nix did the great artwork and making this characters selectscreen and now hloader is hookin it up with the portraits styles and coding it for the the project.  :thumbsup:

@Fatal Freak..... OMFG!!! no you didnt  man! LMAO!! yooo called me my alternate superhero name outta nowhere. LMAO . Yavoz is always around bro ::salute::

(actually, that name is the name of my first child that didnt make it all the way, was real close but didnt make it , so for him, i kept the name for 15 years. my tribute.)

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

1st Sprite

I talked to lando, and showed my 1st sprite of Spike.  He suggested a Oswald sprite.
I used Oswald's legs, and Spike got taller (taller than Rugal).

Oswald
189cm    Height. 6'13"

Spike Spiegel
185cm    Height. 6'1" or 6.

Rugal
197cm    Height. 6'39"

If I edit whole Oswald sprite to make it more like Spike, maybe it would look different...  (by the way, lando's Spike is fine).
But I'm not really into editing Oswald.

This is lando's spike; his body is perfect.

Probably, Spike mastered YOGA... (well, his legs seem longer in Cowboy Bebop).

Oh well!  lando or someone will finish making Spike some day!  :w00t:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Enso

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2011, 04:26:54 PM »
Spike looks nice with the Eagle base. Also, could you resize down a little bit on the Oswald base for his legs if you want his legs shorter than Rugal?

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #240 on: March 07, 2011, 07:21:55 PM »
Holy crap! Select screen! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Why wasn't I notifyed? (Or was I? :-?? Last week was crazy for me.)
Sorry to hear about your other name's origins. RIP Yavoz. ::salute::
Nice sprites Fatal! Speaking of other names, mine was Spike on alot of stuff.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2011, 01:22:14 AM »
its all good Shadaloo bro.Its been a long time man. RIP Yavoz my son, dad always gonna wish ya made it. ::salute::

man hloader hit me with that outta nowhere bro. he is doing some major kickA$$ work. trying to keep the quality feel of what bro V-nix laid out in detail and scale. He has already been notified about the new intro being worked on so he just waiting for all we have that we will want added to it and he doing his major parts. He is working on the big portraits with the fonts names and style . when he is done with that part and has the selectscreen and title rather going at a great percent imma use it to demo some characters ;) in a vid of course. since i am now not doing overtime at work, i can get back to doing editing this week on Terry, Jamin and Bushido Brown  ( for shadaloo) and do my sprites this week of Witchblade, Toph, Adam Blade and Adam Arclight and Elle. If i can get a couple frames in with a standing animation then i will def do that for each. I am Back In Business!!!! :w00t:

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2011, 01:26:04 AM »
Sounds like you're gonna be busy. I should get back on the ball sometime this week. I've had my hands full with other stuff.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2011, 01:32:21 AM »
hey man take ya time bro, remember i got you covered on some stuff for Bushido.  :thumbsup:

yeah man i have to get real busy bro. I was in the CROM cave doing some editing for Terry and a few for jamin but i got swamped at work and gettin off way too late and had to hit the bed soon as i got home. but now its all good i can do more through the week and even more on the weekends. Hloader is coming up with new things so i will post as i get new works from him.

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2011, 08:33:23 AM »
Yeah, thank you guys.  :)

Spike looks nice with the Eagle base. Also, could you resize down a little bit on the Oswald base for his legs if you want his legs shorter than Rugal?
Oh, I never thought of that (resizing legs) lol.  Yeah, I looked at Oswald sprites, and I like his legs and kick move.  They remind me of Spike's legs.    :cool

So all of you seem busy...  Don't you guys wanna resize the numbers of fighters (or arrange the theme)?  :-??

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2011, 02:02:29 PM »
nope Fatal, the number of the fighters is staying as is bro. etched in stone and molded into metal. lol. why even resize anyway ya know. Never doubt yourself and your skills to accomplish a task, if you do doubt then you will always sell yourself short but its def to know your own limits, CROM has no Limits to the imagination! So its about making the Imagination realized and def fruitful. think of the projects that have been out that have casts of large numbers that are made from already made materials with some new characters from comics and other games and have good programming, good spritings, and good fun. So for CROM to do a scratch project for the fans and make it good is a must! We are IMT, CVG, SGM fam and friends ,we are CROM, we never say die! unless we are the ones doing the killing! >:D  ABR will be a great project for the community, put in the good hard work to make that true and then you will see, anything is possible with some good elbow grease, cool knowledge, great interaction between project members and having fun.

and for yall enjoyment via CROM Wolviesam, here is the "true " begining of where CROM came from.  :D

(click to show/hide)

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2011, 05:06:56 PM »
:D Wolvie's awesome.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2011, 07:16:39 PM »
will u guys be working on a normal luffy or gear 2nd luffy?

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2011, 09:30:21 PM »

hmmm....the hand looks a bit too big, it should be a bit smaller

other than that, nice sprite  :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2011, 11:06:39 PM »
@lando
haha, thank you for encouraging us.  :cool
Well, maybe I might talk about this (resizing characters) sometime, but yeah nothing is impossible (I agree with you).  I remember some people saying that.  ;)
I wish we can include the Shadaloo Live's original character.  The character looks amazing.  btw, the origin of C.R.O.M is funny.  I like this kind of random jokes.  :DxDie

@Swiziga
Well, I don't know much about One Piece...  I think lando can answer to your question.  :thumbsup:

@fer619
Thank you for feedback!  I'm learning how to make sprites.  If I make more sprites, I will post them here.  :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar