collapse

Author Topic: Republicans hate the troops  (Read 2027 times)

Offline god_king

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 26, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
    • Dave Littler's New Deal
Republicans hate the troops
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:45:16 PM »
Well, this is sickening.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/19/war-at-home-webb-measure-fails/

Long story short: For the past couple of years now, all of the experts agree that the troops in Iraq are being pushed beyond human endurance. More and more of them are coming back severely mentally ill, the suicide rate among US soldiers in Iraq (or coming home from Iraq) is skyrocketing, and they're getting sloppy in the field, leading to more deaths, injuries and accidents because they're too tired and stressed-out to continue. Many troops are being forced to spend as many as 24 months out of 27 in the field of combat. No human being can survive that forever.

The democrats tried to push through a bill which would give the troops more down-time. Basically, if you spend nine months on the front lines, you get nine months at home. The hope is that this would save a lot of US lives, marriages, minds and lost limbs.

However, as Senator Reid said today, "Republicans have once again demonstrated that they are more committed to protecting the President than protecting our troops. They have shown they will allow President Bush’s flawed war strategy to continue to strain our military rather than allow the availability of troops to dictate our operations. "

The republicans support the troops only as far as doing so invloves working them to death like you would a farm animal you don't particularly like.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
Re: Republicans hate the troops
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 11:57:46 PM »
f**k THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT, f**k BUSH!

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 12:06:13 AM »

Elloquently-put.

Broadly, I agree, though it's a shame when the democrats try to do something good like this, only to have the republicans stab their own troops in the back once again.

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 09:13:35 AM »
I have a question: Many people in the U.S.A. just keep complaining since the Iraq war started, and are always protesting against Bush's administration: HOW DID THAT M*******CKER GOT RE-ELECTED?

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 09:17:39 AM »
I have a question: Many people in the U.S.A. just keep complaining since the Iraq war started, and are always protesting against Bush's administration: HOW DID THAT M*******CKER GOT RE-ELECTED?

Same way he got elected the first time: He cheated.

Look into the controversey about the voting machines in Ohio in the 2004 election. Those things were programmed to give results favouring Bush, and that was the key state that pushed the election results his way. If the votes in Ohio had been counted properly, it would have gone to Kerry.

Granted, Kerry wasn't a great candidate either, but anything would have been an improvement.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 09:19:35 AM »
Before you blame people based on this story, ask the troops. If you have any in your neighborhood who went to Iraq, ask them what they think.

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 09:24:33 AM »

Same way he got elected the first time: He cheated.

Look into the controversey about the voting machines in Ohio in the 2004 election. Those things were programmed to give results favouring Bush, and that was the key state that pushed the election results his way. If the votes in Ohio had been counted properly, it would have gone to Kerry.

Granted, Kerry wasn't a great candidate either, but anything would have been an improvement.

We have some fraud scandals in Argentina as well, they happened with province (equal to state for you) governor elections... we're just a few days away from elections and we all know who's gonna win: The current president's WIFE.

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 12:00:35 PM
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 09:58:41 AM »
One of the reasons I don't like America that much....

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 10:03:27 AM »
Before you blame people based on this story, ask the troops. If you have any in your neighborhood who went to Iraq, ask them what they think.

Ask 'em what?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 10:25:35 AM »
Ask 'em what they think about being in Iraq.

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 10:28:35 AM »
Ive been sayin that since the 1st Bush was in office.  =D>
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 10:41:13 AM »

Well, the question isn't so much about being there in the first place. The question is one of being forced to stay there far, far beyond the limits of human endurance. The article which this discussion is ostensibly about is about a bill which would have given them rest and recovery time between tours in Iraq, so as not to push them so hard as to break and ruin them.

The question of whether they like occupying someone else's country against the popular will of the people who live there is a separate discussion.

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »

Well, the question isn't so much about being there in the first place. The question is one of being forced to stay there far, far beyond the limits of human endurance. The article which this discussion is ostensibly about is about a bill which would have given them rest and recovery time between tours in Iraq, so as not to push them so hard as to break and ruin them.

The question of whether they like occupying someone else's country against the popular will of the people who live there is a separate discussion.
QFT  And to add to that I doubt any of them would pick staying there over seeing their families.
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 10:47:13 AM »

Ask 'em what?

I think Acey was trying to say that, before we bash this war and talk about what our troops are going thru...we should actually find out how our troops feel about everything that's happening. I found, that within the troops, it's just like it is here, mixed. Some are proud to represent and are willing to stay as long as it takes to get order, and then there are some who are just sick of the fighting. All I know is, people are dying by the hundreds over there...men, women, and children. It's a damn massacre.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 11:13:04 AM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 11:32:39 AM »

Ask 'em what?

I think Acey was trying to say that, before we bash this war and talk about what our troops are going thru...we should actually find out how our troops feel about everything that's happening. I found, that within the troops, it's just like it is here, mixed. Some are proud to represent and are willing to stay as long as it takes to get order, and then there are some who are just sick of the fighting. All I know is, people are dying by the hundreds over there...men, women, and children. It's a damn massacre.

I've heard that the most recent count is that over 1,000,000 civilians have died in Iraq since the invasion. Given that there were around 30,000,000 people in Iraq at the beginning of the war, that means around 3% of the country is now dead because of Bush's lies and greed.

Imagine 3% of the population of the United States dying over the course of five years. Imagine a pile of American corpses with ten million murdered people in it.

Just sayin'.

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 11:33:51 AM »

QFT  And to add to that I doubt any of them would pick staying there over seeing their families.

Seriously. You'd have to be some kind of lunatic.

I'm sure there are such people, but I hope they're rare.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 12:13:46 PM »
I've heard that the most recent count is that over 1,000,000 civilians have died in Iraq since the invasion. Given that there were around 30,000,000 people in Iraq at the beginning of the war, that means around 3% of the country is now dead because of Bush's lies and greed.

Imagine 3% of the population of the United States dying over the course of five years. Imagine a pile of American corpses with ten million murdered people in it.

Just sayin'.

:( What's truly disturbing to me is that THIS IS REAL and people are almost acting as if it's not happening. They're just going on with their little lives hardly concerning themselves with it at all...just think, right at this moment, someone's child could be getting blown away by a suicide bomber with no warning. It's gut-wrenching, but this is really the reality in which we live. To me it's truly terrifying.  ???

Offline grandma

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 07, 2011, 12:42:48 AM
  • /dark magic
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 12:32:02 PM »
One of the reasons I don't like America that much....

then gtfo i say.  try living in croatia, or sarajevo, or hell even china.  even russia is a glorified bathroom at this point.  you have no idea. 

Ask 'em what?

Just sayin'.

where are you getting those numbers from?  look into what saddam did to his own citiczens.  Abu Ghraib . look it up.  300,000 iraqis in mass graves.  for their beliefs.  think they got a trial? think their families even got notification? you can trash talk bush and then go eat a hot pocket. not all people have that luxury. partisan politics blind people from that. political parties will be the undoing of this country.  not one guy with a public speaking problem.
violence

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 12:33:52 PM »
I just want the troops home. This war is just for oil. So f**k bush but also bin laden and Al Qaeda those f**k*** extremists need to burn in hell. I would kill them myself if i could for all the pain they have caused. I mean seriously killing  your own people and then thinking you are going to heaven to meet virgins. Dumbasses need to get a f**k*** life or die.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 12:35:35 PM »
Republicans dont hate the troops, the use a contribed war to use the U.S. troops as a glorified Security force, so they can allow Haliburton, and every other Business in the pockets of the Republicans to go over there to get 1st dibs in Iraq to make money.

Its a bullshyt war. Were trying to establish an airforce base, and Oil refinerys over there. Theres no point to ask the troops what they think because theyre being lied to like the rest of us.

FACT, as soon as we got over to Afghanistan the 1st thing we did was put in a pipeline, surprise, surprise.

You shouldnt blame the U.S. people, this is a deliberate con, and corrupt action by one facit of our government, who does NOT represent all American's .

American is a generic statement anyway, since Canada, and Mexico are both on the Continent of North America.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 12:59:01 PM »
where are you getting those numbers from?  look into what saddam did to his own citiczens.  Abu Ghraib . look it up.  300,000 iraqis in mass graves.  for their beliefs.  think they got a trial? think their families even got notification? you can trash talk bush and then go eat a hot pocket. not all people have that luxury. partisan politics blind people from that. political parties will be the undoing of this country.  not one guy with a public speaking problem.

If you want the real numbers: http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

No one said that the country in itself was horrible...ALL governments have flaws, it's common knowledge that there is no such thing as the perfect government. I think I can understand what you're trying to say, and no, many don't realize the great oppurtunities that America does offer, but, don't let that cloud your judgement of what's right and what's wrong. There are a great many injustices that occur in this country as well. I think if everyone was able to travel out of the country and SEE the differences they would be able to sympathize more with what you're saying. It's like being born with a silver spoon, you don't know how good you actually have it until you see worse or experience it. I've traveled, and I've seen first hand that not everything is right in the world, but I've found that we're the closest to acheiving TRUE freedom...(although we're still a long ways off), as far as the ability to sustain life. We are hated by most the world because of our jaded views, and this is a prime example...we as a people just really don't give a damn what our government does. For the most part, we just sit back, watch and let government do as they please. Instead of stepping back and letting Iraq build Iraq with our assistance, we played hero and figured since 'we started it, we'll finish it.' Hiding behind the 'noble' story of fighting for their freedom, the U.S. saw an oppurtunity to tap into a foreign countries natural resources and jumped at the chance...not the best tactical, or political move, hence a WAR lasting years and years in this day and age. It's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:06:27 PM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 01:09:23 PM »
There is may truths in you're words
Lord_of_Saiyans

I personally don't get how Bush even got there..
I mean....really.....
I think he's just a Figure head in all this
I mean I don't like him as much as the next guy
but still somthing OTHER then oil
reaks about this war...
 <_<|...|
 <_<|...|
Religion and Public views
in the end that's what it's all about
plz don't let this start a new debate..
I'm just pointing it out..
 :o

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 01:13:36 PM »

It's important to note the methodology Iraqbodycount uses: They only count deaths which they can confirm from at least two different official sources. Therefore, while the numbers they display are pretty irrefutably the LOWEST the body count could possibly be, the fact is that given the chaos that Iraq has descended into, many, many, many deaths go unreported to official agencies. Many people simply disappear never to be seen again. Many people die in large enough groups that there's nobody left alive to tell the tale.

Other groups, using different methods, come to much higher conclusions. Some over a million.

Here, have some news stories:

http://www.thestar.com/columnists/article/258511

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,2170237,00.html

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-fg-iraq14sep14,1,1207545.story?coll=la-news-a_section

http://www.commondreams.org/news2007/0920-01.htm

Offline god_king

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 01:22:18 PM »

Scroll down a bit; I've given four different news stories with the information in question.

Hussein - monster that he was - killed about 600,000 people over the course of 24 years (give or take; there's different estimates, some as low as 250,000, some as high as a million; I'm using a sort of middle-ground figure). Over the course of the five years since the US invaded and occupied Iraq, over a million civilians have been killed. If the US occupation lasts 24 years (and if you listen to the way Bush and company talk about it, it seems like they'd like it to), the numbers will just continue to grow and grow.

Even as it stands, it's impossible to look at the numbers and come to the gut-wrenching conclusion that the Iraqi people were safer under their former monstrous leader than they have been since the Americans came to town.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 01:24:49 PM »

It's important to note the methodology Iraqbodycount uses: They only count deaths which they can confirm from at least two different official sources. Therefore, while the numbers they display are pretty irrefutably the LOWEST the body count could possibly be, the fact is that given the chaos that Iraq has descended into, many, many, many deaths go unreported to official agencies. Many people simply disappear never to be seen again. Many people die in large enough groups that there's nobody left alive to tell the tale.

:( .......which is precisely my point. This is ridiculous, that with that number AS HIGH AS IT IS, it still isn't definite. It doesn't even include the U.S. deathtoll. These numbers, given the number of years this war has lasted...are INCREDIBLY HIGH!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:26:28 PM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar