collapse

Author Topic: Capcom Announces Mega Man Universe  (Read 3622 times)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
Re: Capcom Announces Mega Man Universe
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2011, 01:34:27 AM »
I am a fun gamer, techs dont mean squat to me with modern games cause no matter how awesome looking it is , if it aint fun....dust collector or trade in ..immediately. lol.
^^(PM)^ Why can't people get that now? Like my cousin, no matter how fun a game is, if the graphics aren't realistic, he won't play it. Alot of people are like that. It makes me feel sorry for them.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2011, 01:43:16 AM »
^^(PM)^ Why can't people get that now? Like my cousin, no matter how fun a game is, if the graphics aren't realistic, he won't play it. Alot of people are like that. It makes me feel sorry for them.

because people want the glitsey graphics. thats this generation and a bit of the last. they raher have updated looks and good graphics and all the horsepower under the hood of a console could hold. but yet the sacrifice is ... no one can made a really awesome  game from it. they did more with less back in the day and they were fun. Karnov. mega man, ninja gaiden, heck take my all time favorite fighting game ever ...Karate Champ. where i am from, if you could play that game in the arcade and be a master at it, the guys that were playing mvc2 wouldnt even look in your direction. terrified! The nostalgia era done more with less and it was fun man. thats where gaming has lost it roots. Its about money not about the fun of the game.

edit... dont even let me say this game , the true GOD of football games...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2011, 01:47:54 AM »
I never actually played 7 or 8, so I can't comment on them.  But the year is 2011, so the game should at least look modern.

Lemme ask you this:  If the glory days were the NES era, then how come more than half of it's library were either poor or unplayable games?   ;D

Mario 1-3
Megaman 1-6
Contra & Super C
Ducktales
Tetris
Arkanoid
Adventure Island
BattleToads
Turtles 1-3
Batman
Castlevania 1-3
Crystalis
Bubble Bobble
Metroid
Zelda 1 & 2
Double Dragon 1-3
Gauntlet 1 & 2
Gradius
Lifeforce
Guardian Legend
Blaster Master
Metal Storm
N.A.R.C.
Chip n Dale's Rescue Rangers
River City Ransom

That's right off my head, and I'm sure there's more if I thought harder. Dude, I don't know what "unplayable" games you were playing, but that right there is a list of solid titles. I can't even of 10 current gen games I enjoyed, especially since dang near all of them are FPS.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2011, 01:53:06 AM »
I can't even of 10 current gen games I enjoyed, especially since dang near all of them are FPS.
^^(PM)^
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:13:23 AM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2011, 02:03:46 AM »
omg dont even get me started on the shooters of today! there is barely a true handful thats worth never trading in. rehash after rehash. and if you got a part 2 to a game back then ,most of it was  it was because that game was good. we are flooded with shooters, far less fighters, so many rpgs you would have to be immortal to play through the entire games in full completion and still you come up short and get the ending and its..womp womp *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

only one was epic to me was ff7. thats it. the old days were good and co player was acually fun and not such a hassel. Me and my brother played Bad Dudes to death in the arcades. and when Nes came out we spen many a nights on school days trying to beat mega man and friggin mario ! yeah whiplash i agree, 2000 games for ps2 and only 200 maybe worth buying while 20 might be worth keeping. lol  :thumbsup:

Tecmobowl...nuff said! :thumbsup:

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2011, 02:23:52 AM »
The is virtually no variety in gaming anymore. Almost everything is unoriginal crap about shooting something. I'm expecting Call of Duty: Zombie Warfare on the Planet Q to be announced at any moment. 8=| Guess that's why I have very few PS3 games.
so many rpgs you would have to be immortal to play through the entire games in full completion and still you come up short and get the ending and its..womp womp *Iceman ThumbsDown!*
Lando, I've seen a decline in the number of RPGs, just like everything besides FPSs and anything with zombies.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2011, 02:39:01 AM »
oh i meant not just regular rpgs on consoles , i mean added in the total of them online along with consoles as well. lol. my brother plays those mmorpgy things . he been on one everyday for 3 years!!!!!!!!!
i dont care if someone calls them mmo, mmorpg, rpg,  its alot the same to me , just very subtile differences but from same mold.  :D

yeah rpgs have declined nowadays but they have some that are just really that incredibly long. vastly long. could be a good thing or a bad thing. i loved my zelda 8 bit rpg.  :thumbsup: it was the best back then. and to some still is. :w00t:

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2013, 03:47:08 AM
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2011, 12:19:14 AM »
Mario 1-3
Megaman 1-6
Contra & Super C
Ducktales
Tetris
Arkanoid
Adventure Island
BattleToads
Turtles 1-3
Batman
Castlevania 1-3
Crystalis
Bubble Bobble
Metroid
Zelda 1 & 2
Double Dragon 1-3
Gauntlet 1 & 2
Gradius
Lifeforce
Guardian Legend
Blaster Master
Metal Storm
N.A.R.C.
Chip n Dale's Rescue Rangers
River City Ransom

That's right off my head, and I'm sure there's more if I thought harder. Dude, I don't know what "unplayable" games you were playing, but that right there is a list of solid titles. I can't even of 10 current gen games I enjoyed, especially since dang near all of them are FPS.

Everyone hated Mario 2.
No one cared about Megaman 1 or 3-6.  6 is considered to be the worst of all of them.
Turtles 1 was also hated.
Batman was panned due to it being innaccurate to the source, yet a beat-em-up about the Simpsons was fine.  It was a good game, though.
Castlevania 2 was also hated.
Same with Zelda 2.
Double Dragon 2 was the only one that was truly noteworthy.
Gauntlet 1 was...archaic for it's time.
NARC was panned, but still a good game.

Besides, you only listed about 20 games, the NES had about hundreds.  So the other games for it were either rather poor but still playable, average, or obscenely terrible, like Dr. Chaos or Action 52.

There's a reason why we advance to the future.  Which brings me to:

Let me ask you this.

you ever heard of Nostalga?

I don't understand why your so mad that they decided to make the game 8-bit.

Because, making games for the NES was a painstakingly difficult process, which is why more than half it's library was hardly memorable.  But today, game developers who literally went bankrupt due to developing games for it, irregardless of their quality (such as Technos, though they died later on), are having a huge crap taken on them with today's drag and drop programming tools.  Even today, quality homebrew NES games are hard to come by.  I would stop my tirade under one impossible condition.

Capcom, make Megaman 9 and 10 for the NES, on working cartridges.  That's right, NEVER.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:39:41 AM by Luigi-Master »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2011, 01:01:28 AM »
Everyone hated Mario 2.
No one cared about Megaman 1 or 3-6.  6 is considered to be the worst of all of them.
Turtles 1 was also hated.
Batman was panned due to it being innaccurate to the source, yet a beat-em-up about the Simpsons was fine.  It was a good game, though.
Castlevania 2 was also hated.
Same with Zelda 2.
Double Dragon 2 was the only one that was truly noteworthy.
Gauntlet 1 was...archaic for it's time.
NARC was panned, but still a good game.

Wow, out of all the times I disagreed with you Luigi this is the biggest set of disagree I have had (so far...?)

Everyone hated Mario 2? and TMNT 1? Zelda 2? you are perfectly insane. and... Megaman 1 rocked and Megaman 3 gave us Protoman.

Also some more great games:

Punch Out
Excitebike
Bart vs the Space Mutants
Lemmings
Bases Loaded
Tecmo Super Bowl
Battletoads
Ninja Gaiden
California Games
Skate or Die
Final Fanatasy
Tetris

Not to mention all the classic games that Smash Bros and MvC get's their characters from, Kid Iccarus, Ice Climbers, Kirby, Final Fight, Ghosts 'n Ghouls, etc...

p.s. also Wall Street Kid and Paper Boy holds a special placec in my heart.

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2011, 01:11:55 AM »
I never was a fan of ad hominem, but the fact you liked any of the Simpsons games on the NES really makes your claims dubious.

People seem to hate difference, such as with Mario and Zelda 2.  They were good standalone games, yet they received a lot of undue flak.  Megaman 2, as I keep saying, is Capcom's pride and joy, and as such, everything Megaman related MUST be a reference to the only game in their catalog that has sold more than 2 copies.  If I didn't know anything about the NES Megaman games, I would SWEAR that there was only Megaman 2.  Yeah, Megaman 3 has some fanbase to it, but it's an ant compared to the empire state building.  Kinda like how there is no such thing as Street Fighter 1.  :D

I personally don't get the allure of these dated cold war era games.  I had an NES and a Famiclone when I was younger, but I was more attached to the so-called bad games for the system, such as Friday the 13th, Karate Kid, and Karate Champ.  Before you call me a hypocrite, I want you to know that I played Bart Vs. the Space Mutants, and that game was just horrible.  At least the three I mentioned are playable.   :-??

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2011, 01:24:48 AM »
I personally don't get the allure of these dated cold war era games. 

I think this pretty much sums up your message.  :-?? The draw is of course mainly nostalgia so arguing preference doesn't accomplish much. Making art in the style of Warhol, or a song in baroque orchestration, or a video game in the style of classis NES all has value for those who get it.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2011, 01:30:02 AM »
MEGAMAN 1 WAS THE BOMB! :w00t:

awww cmon dude , i mean really, we advanced to the future cause of technology and more innovative minds. thats a given to happen.  :D
but no matter how much technology and creative minds clammed together in unison they still spitin out craptacular games more than making solid good FUN games. handfuls , thats all you will find, HANDFULS not bucketloads or a cruise ship basement full of gems. very few titles today truly deliver nostalgic fun. just remakes, spinoffs and rehashes.  those companies that have made part 2's and a whole series , very few of them have upped the fun factor . Uncharted so far have seem to capture a nice bit of that make part 2 better and fun gameplay. no many have. but thats my opinion on that title.
if we have advanced so   much in the future of gaming then all these remakes and such from 8 bit era games should shine brighter than the sun sitting outside in your front lawn...directly.  :D

but they really havent captured the magic of something called Total Fun factor. its just become mainstream to make a part 2 to a game. all those games G Lux listed  ( even if they are 20 , but like really could he  or should he name the hundreds in one post? lol ) are games i played and enjoyed as a kid and me and my friends all use to trade the games and loan to each other to play then go to school and talk about them all day. so much fun. If ya listen to the game critics, which i never really do cause they dont speak for me just themselves, i wouldnt buy any games i wanted, just what they thought was cool . i did that once , dude , it was coooooooorrrrrnnnny ,  straight corn harvest!

alot of those companies from back then didnt just flop over, alot of them merged more than flopped. which is why ALOT of the bigger name companies are so big. Its business. If you look at aq brand name company and then look at who they bought and who merged with them , you will find some companies with many subdivisions. even with the recent trend seeing in Game business now , many companies are actually buying other companies , or buying the whole of their stock making them the majority shareholder. So alot of those happened back in the 80's and early 90's and the old companies m are now just fused with the bigger ones. wasnt because it was just so expensive to make for the console , but it also depened on those developers cash flow . You design a game for nes , but know it costs alot in your spending margin, you dont go make a wack game and expect huge profits to cover your margin. thats only what yeah some companies done cause they saw the booming potential in games, but they lacked either the really good minded talent and the financial backing to produce better games by deadlines.

ALL the games g lux listed have garned followings by devote good fun 8 bit fans. and there are millions. i say people need to stop worrying if the graphical prowess of a game is gonna be the sell all point for them to buy, truth really is its in the fun factor. companies stopped caring about good ole fun and cared more about the $$! *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2011, 01:31:17 AM »
But the thing is, video games are transient, art and music isn't.

That and I find it to be the biggest hypocrisy in the world when a game is made to look like something on a NINTENDO SYSTEM but is also sold on non-Nintendo systems.

Long story short:  I don't understand the allure of old-looking games, mostly because they are just cheaply made games that are universally acclaimed when the true process of making these games was almost entirely trial and error, not to mention the quality, while the company that made their sorry existence prominent is being left to die with shovelware games and limited 3rd party support.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2011, 01:53:13 AM »
so your sayin a game like Scott Pilgrim vs the world has no place on a next gen system regardless of how fun it is?  art and music isnt transient? wth??? /:O /:O /:O /:O. video games are art and music! o.O# o.O# o.O# o.O# o.O# o.O# o.O# o.O# o.O#  i mean really cmon man we are on earth for goodness sakes and there is no definitive reason why old nostalgic games cant be on next gen consoles.

dont try to be such a modern accuracy nerd...literally dont be  cause then its like this ...really it is.
just pokin a lil humor. not to be takin harshly. :thumbsup:

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2011, 01:59:20 AM »
I loathe Scott Pilgrim with a passion, but it looks advanced enough for today's standards.  However, the sounds are so primitive that they make the Atari 2600 hundred look like Mozart, all in the name of "lol exploitation".

Transient means something that will fade away.  So no, they aren't transient.

Another reason I keep going is because I seem to be the only person on the face of this planet to dislike this retro gaming fad started by low-budget-but-now-gaming-head-honchos indy developers, and being jumped on by Capcom, Nintendo's definitive backstabber.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2011, 02:06:11 AM »
I just gave up on this conversation when you said Video Games are transient, but since you said it again, it's a shallow comment. You're comparing apples to oranges, or apples to fruit to be exact:

Video Games are transient (yet mario and monopoly live on forever)
Pop Music is transient (yet vanilla ice and madonna live on forever)

Games are not transient (even if video games die it will be replaced by another kind of game)
Music is not transient (even if a specific genre fades away music will continue)

You can't logically compair the genre of Video games to a broad category like music, you have to pick genres of both to compare.

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2011, 02:10:13 AM »
Yeah man, I remember playing Monopoly in the 20s on my trusty NES.  Good times.

What I'm getting at is, while at the surface these low quality games seem to be a tribute to a so-called better age of gaming, they really are nothing more than just mocking the companies for wasting their time using trial and error techniques when they could just run a bunch of sprites in Game Maker and call it a day.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2011, 02:16:04 AM »
And I would guess that while I love BitTripRunner you wouldn't be a fan.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2011, 02:19:27 AM »
retro gaming isnt really a fad my friend, its a choice if you yourself choose to play those old days games.  i know many people who prefer the up to date games but those individuals arent from that era of gaming i was. so they dont know the differences. they only see whats in front of them , they are a younger crowd that have not been exposed to those games. where me , my broher, our older friends are age groups and people even on here and others onoline and such that respect those days of gaming. its your personal choice not to like it but to make such rash claims without true world insight to what they represent in the gaming world as a whole. they started it. they delievered many childhood fun times. if all you know is the now then you can never know what the now has come from unless you seek it out and see where the humble beginings really were about instead of red flag them . Scott pilgrim is a great lil game. there are many that are out that pay homage to that era. the graphics isnt really that far off from those days. it pays tribute to the old school beat em ups like final fight . you cannot respect something you dont know about . just make irrational comments and judgery . Look at every technology uprised time game you play and see now... now wonder ever where its beginings came from. 8 bit. :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2011, 02:30:45 AM »
@luigi-master

Actually Megaman 3 was hot. The Official Introduction of Protoman and Megmans pet dog Rush? The Cyber dog that changes into all kinds of Cool vehicles? C'mon man thats classic megman right there. megaman 1 was cool. You have to pay homage. It was "the birth of Megman". I personally liked megman 2 & 3 the most. Megman 1 was just too hard yet i still ended it.

Narc on Nes was horrible man. Im a fan of the Arcade version first. Double Dragon 2 is the better of the series i agree strongly. Music. gameplay & fun factor.

Castlevania 2 i would have to say is a classic in its own right. It totally introduced that "Rpg" kinda feel that damn there all the castlevanias go by today. Just look at symphony of the night. Castlevania 2 was the first "non-linear" of its series and also introduced some badA$$ music we love today like "Bloody tears". lil nick nacks like that. I dont know how many times that one track got used and remixed over in other castlevania games since then.

lol Mario bros 2..hmm well ill say we all had mixed feelings but a lot of us still played and ended that game numerous times. Folks hating the game is pretty rough to say. I just dont think more folks liked that game than 3

Tmnt 1 it was a "bitter sweet" thing. The game entirely was too hard. I was a huge TMNT fan. the game was cool but it was nothing like the Arcade game. But the music was a major special part in the game. Thats the only thing that got it by IMO. It forever lived in the shadow of the arcade version till TMNT nes games 2 & 3 came out. The nostagia of that game is still a gem. haha although i dont see how the hell a Turtle can drown in a water stage but whatever lol

As far as Fun and classic cool nes games go From my child hood memory favs here goes:
Mario 1-3
Dig dug 2
Double dragon 1-2 (2 was the better but the first had that cool @ss 1 vs 1 mode)
Guardian legend
Contra 1-2
Ninja gaiden 1-2
metroid
Shadow of the ninja
Little nemo the dream master
castlevania 1-3 (3 was the better)
Zelda
Rygar
Astyanax
Abodox
Battle of Olympus
Legend of Kage
POW
WCW
Tecmo wrestling
Tecmo Bowl
Renegade
battle toads
River city Ransom
Bases loaded 3
Pro wrestling
Legendary winds
Festers quest
Blaster master
Monster Party (even though it was weird as F*ck)
Batman
Bionic commando
street fighter 2010
GodZilla
Captain skyhawk
Code name Viper
Life force
Monster in my pocket
Rampage
Break thru
Bump n Jump
Kung Fu
Mike tysons punch out
Gi Joe
Rad racer
Zelda 1-2 (2 was too freakin hard though thats it)
Clash at demons head
Shatter hand
Power Blade
Duck tales
Bad dudes (although it was nothin compared to the arcade experience)
Wizards and warriors
Iron sword
Ikari warriors
RC pro Am
Mighty Bomb Jack

I mean there were tons of games that were either that "Fun" or just that cool overall in experience back then id still play now. So with that said For example, i found myself playing that new Contra Hard corps UpRising to death more than a lot of new games i have now. But the point of the "Fun" factor along with the same rough challenge sticks out a long way. A lot of games today lack that replay value & fun and just are all flashy flash and thats it. Thats why i embrace any oldschool kind of touch a new game has. Its all good with me as long as its done in good taste and keeps me playing :thumbsup:

well thats all i have to say on the retro debate #:-S
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:05:33 AM by DeMoNk@I »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2011, 02:34:51 AM »
now wonder ever where its beginings came from. 8 bit. :thumbsup:

Bull.  crap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_video_game

Video games came to be from the early 40s, my friend.  The first console was the Magnavox Odyssey, then Atari built upon that making games that weren't lights on a screen, and almost killed gaming as we know it, until Nintendo upped the ante with the NES, saving gaming, but they have to live their lives remembering the past and feeling reclusive about moving forward, while Capcom and Konami just pay pity visits to them.

IF you want a breakdown, I can give it to you.  The NES our family had was defected, and it saddened me that it was not only out of date, it could potentially be irreplaceable.  Then I discovered that Nintendo made the Super Nintendo, and later the 64, so I was happy that they were still around.  However, support for their older consoles was halted, which was understandable.  Now I see the condition Nintendo is in now, and I'm back in the same state I was years ago.  Nintendo is gone forever.   :'(

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2011, 02:55:17 AM »
Bull.  crap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_video_game

Video games came to be from the early 40s, my friend.  The first console was the Magnavox Odyssey, then Atari built upon that making games that weren't lights on a screen, and almost killed gaming as we know it, until Nintendo upped the ante with the NES, saving gaming, but they have to live their lives remembering the past and feeling reclusive about moving forward, while Capcom and Konami just pay pity visits to them.

IF you want a breakdown, I can give it to you.  The NES our family had was defected, and it saddened me that it was not only out of date, it could potentially be irreplaceable.  Then I discovered that Nintendo made the Super Nintendo, and later the 64, so I was happy that they were still around.  However, support for their older consoles was halted, which was understandable.  Now I see the condition Nintendo is in now, and I'm back in the same state I was years ago.  Nintendo is gone forever.   :'(

OMG dude no duhh games were around before 8 bit.  uh duuuuuh! but 8 bit was a very indication of the way games was going into a new direction. no by just company standpoints but as the COMSUMERS as well. you seem to forget about that fact. we make what games popular not the comapnies. Nintedo is gonna be around for as long as we keep buying their products not cause you say so. to you maybe to me, they in it till they end it or the comsumer market does... and so far..,. they still around bro and making $$. thats what matters company wise. dollars and consumers. * bit proved there was a genuine market after that all new software and hardware advancements and improvements showed even more that people make the consoles and games flourish. * bit gave alot of fond memories and you wasnt around in the 40's.....were you. so yeah, the market showed its greatest profit leap in the 8 bit era.

you sound like Nintendo was your parent that didnt listen to you  and now your a sour adult cause of that. you just didnt pay attention to the games ( words) of your parent. if you had then you see why you have all this that we have now from them and a whole heap of others.

lmao for using ..wikipedia.  :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie imma go edit it to say 1800bc. :D :D

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2011, 03:16:30 AM »
I'm a sour adult because I'm starting to realize how terrible life really is.  I also outgrew my fondness for games, though currently it's understandable because there's nothing new around, just tried and true gimmicks.  But despite all that, the more I see games, the more I go "eh".  Might have something to do with the fact that I packed away all my consoles years ago, and the only console I have left is the PC, but I doubt it.

And by your analogy, Nintendo would be the parent that made an irreversible mistake in their life (utilizing expensive cartridge based media, driving away developers), and they're in critical condition.  Their former friends (Capcom, Konami) just stop by to say hi, but offer no help, all with the mindset of "Can we go now?".  Snake's inclusion in SSBB was nothing short than an advertisement for MGS4, an exclusive on an opposing system.  Hell, there likely won't be any game relevant to Metal Gear on the Wii save for the Virtual Console!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2011, 03:30:20 AM »
omg freakin hilarious! lmao. soo you mean nintendo cause they stuck to they guns and made he gameboy and game boy advance cartridge based they drove away even more potential millions...ok billions even those those handhelds alone made them even more giants than they are /:O /:O /:O

if i can make more money by sticking to my guts than i would having others come on board and be too many nah says in my ideas for my product , so the heck be it!  nintendo is friggin wealthy!!!  then you would be the very unorderly child that whined cause he didnt get his way of what he wants even if it costed the company declined prifts just to get what you wanted..specifically. i choose to disown for the price of everyone loving what i do while you sit sour apples. and no allowance! lol

Post Merge: April 07, 2011, 04:05:28 AM
I'm a sour adult because I'm starting to realize how terrible life really is.  I also outgrew my fondness for games, though currently it's understandable because there's nothing new around, just tried and true gimmicks.  But despite all that, the more I see games, the more I go "eh".  Might have something to do with the fact that I packed away all my consoles years ago, and the only console I have left is the PC, but I doubt it.

oh and add to this is why you are so debatable. you retrack what you say. i thought you was all about why dont games from old days get with the new technology and pretty much pimp out the games instead of embracing foundation games and retro games ? here you just discredit your own theories as a whole.
if you outgrew your fondness for games  why even ..again ..champion the thoughts of new technology for gaming if you outgrown your fondness for them. there is NEW stuff around, but now why take you serious when your not even serious about your own words. o.O#

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:06:16 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando33 »

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »
Nintendo isn't even close to being "dead." They've simply changed their demographic a little bit, which isn't even a bad thing.

And retrostyled gaming isn't just about paying respects to the old styles, or making an easy game, it's about reusing older elements that worked well and haven't been seen in a while. Nintendo takes it to the next step by visually updating their games (New Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Returns) and while that works, the idea is just to make money using the elements that worked. Especially when so much is going wrong in the modern gaming industry (IE: Anything Sonic related until Colors.)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

* IMT Calendar