collapse

Author Topic: Why must we all step on toes.  (Read 790 times)

Offline stig87

• Last Login:February 15, 2011, 11:41:51 AM
    • Email
Why must we all step on toes.
« on: May 17, 2010, 09:27:47 AM »
Hi, i'm stig87, creator of the Mugen DBZ Dream project. I've been retired from creating mugen works for a while now, but I still come around from time to time. What interests (or rather annoys me) is that several teams are working on similar projects when they could be working together. This project here is a great project but I can't help but noticed that there are other projects to make DC Characters. This project is very closely related to cvg uniteds (Legends of the Dark Knight)  http://cvgunited.com/index.php/board,33.0.htmland loosely related to the scruffy Dragon DC vs Marvel project.http://www.scruffydragon.com/forum/index.php?showforum=7 There aren't enough DC  mugen characters as is, but  we are all stepping on each others toes. Things would go so much smoother if you all would not create the same characters multiple times. Especially if the team here worked with the one at cvg to at least not create the same characters, or stages. Collaboration is the way to go. We all want the same thing. I Decent Batman (or DC comics) fighting game. In reality most of us will not seperate the two games and we'll just mix them all up in one of the screenpacks. Please consider collaborating even if its just to NOT make the same characters at the same time.

ps. I posted this at both CVG and here

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Re: Why must we all step on toes.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:35:50 AM »
Probably not the right section here at IMT to post this, but you picked an interesting day to bring this up. LOL, More on that later

However everyone has differant visions of things so it's not always easy for people to compromise, thats Mugen in general. 

Offline stig87

• Last Login:February 15, 2011, 11:41:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 10:03:20 AM »
hmm..are you on both projects? Thats interesting.
I know how annoying some can be. But it actually only takes one.
When I did Mugendream, i never really asked choujin to not step on me. I just made sure I knew what he was developing, and then I made sure I did something different. As a result in a matter of 2 years or so, we went from 2 characters, to like 25.
I've always hated having multiples. I dunno if its just me but I refuse to have 2 versions of the same character in my mugen. So i'm goin to delete one.

But i do hope for some type of collab. Cause I have 3 batmans to choose from right now, and 2 jokers, and it looks as if there will be multiple harley's too. The time spent on one of those harleys could be used on some other wip.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 10:34:25 AM »
Our project here at IMT is all about colaberation.

The thing is though, in general most humans want to do things their own way. Someone finds something about a character they dont like, and they go and make their own version to put out there.
Its the competive part of human nature.

*Moved to  M.U.G.E.N Discussion*

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 11:00:42 AM »
hmm..are you on both projects? Thats interesting.

Well right this minute "technically no" (at least from public perception). The Legends of the Dark Knight project was developed by me. Theres a big write up I did on how events unfolded somewhere on the forum between it, and the Chronicals Project.

While the Legends Project is hosted by CVG it is somewhat seperate in the sense that I govern it soley, and you don't have to be a CVG member to be a part of it. In all honesty it's the same deal with the Chronicals Project. Both are seperate projects with differant rules to each sites franchise projects.

It is probably best that I don't elaborate on the "other" site you mentioned characters, as it's not my place to speak on their philosophy, or feelings on the situation.

But keep your ears open, ya never know what will happen.

Offline Ununsed-Username

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 08, 2014, 12:22:16 AM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »
Hi, i'm stig87, creator of the Mugen DBZ Dream project. I've been retired from creating mugen works for a while now, but I still come around from time to time. What interests (or rather annoys me) is that several teams are working on similar projects when they could be working together. This project here is a great project but I can't help but noticed that there are other projects to make DC Characters. This project is very closely related to cvg uniteds (Legends of the Dark Knight)  http://cvgunited.com/index.php/board,33.0.htmland loosely related to the scruffy Dragon DC vs Marvel project.http://www.scruffydragon.com/forum/index.php?showforum=7 There aren't enough DC  mugen characters as is, but  we are all stepping on each others toes. Things would go so much smoother if you all would not create the same characters multiple times. Especially if the team here worked with the one at cvg to at least not create the same characters, or stages. Collaboration is the way to go. We all want the same thing. I Decent Batman (or DC comics) fighting game. In reality most of us will not seperate the two games and we'll just mix them all up in one of the screenpacks. Please consider collaborating even if its just to NOT make the same characters at the same time.

ps. I posted this at both CVG and here

^^(PM)^

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 01:20:50 PM »
Well its like I always say, you want something done right then just do it yourself.

Some people like the snk style and others like capcom style.

Sad to say but now a days we have a lack of spriters..

I can edit sprites like crazy but when it comes to making original sprites its a pain in the butt..

I have seen very few members that have that talent..

So if your wondering why their isnt a full blown collaboration of projects its really because of conflict of ideas..
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 06:04:36 PM »
So if your wondering why their isnt a full blown collaboration of projects its really because of conflict of ideas..

Something that shouldn't exist, but sadly exists.

Offline Esʞy

• Somebody that you use to know..
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2018, 04:18:20 PM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 06:09:34 PM »
Like MM:RMM and World of Megaman. *sigh*
(click to show/hide)

Offline The Question

• A=A
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:December 21, 2015, 04:31:40 AM
  • 1... 2... STRIKE!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 11:06:51 PM »
Posted @ CVG

"I say we PULL all behind us and collaborate with IMT. I can see why Scruffy would be a issue, but I don't see why we shouldn't with IMT since, from what I can tell at least, is on friendly terms with us. Together with IMT and JLMugen we would be PUMPIN' out the characters."

Offline MirageAtoli

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 13, 2011, 03:25:23 AM
  • Oh, my Paws and Whiskers!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 11:17:40 PM »
But i do hope for some type of collab. Cause I have 3 batmans to choose from right now, and 2 jokers, and it looks as if there will be multiple harley's too. The time spent on one of those harleys could be used on some other wip.

Each are a different character. For example, Shamrock's "The Batman" version of Batman isn't what I would consider the same as any DCU version of Batman, and I suspend disbelief for them differently. Each iteration of a character brings a different concept and treatment, the same way artists and writers do for their comic book counterparts. It would be nice to streamline those concepts, sometimes it will work, other times it won't.

Sometime, someone want to make a character, for the sake of making a character, and I can't really stop them. Although having a workflow and streamlining is nice.

Some people like the snk style and others like capcom style.

Sad to say but now a days we have a lack of spriters..

The nature/project of the game and bases determine that, too.

Offline The Question

• A=A
  • Initiate
  • 1... 2... STRIKE!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 08:55:39 PM »
Posted @ CVG

"I'm not a huge fan of radical individualism, but I understand where you're coming from. However, artists (using the term loosely) with two completely different visions shouldn't even be paired, but rather those with similar versions so that compromises could be made. If the artist really wants to pump out their own version, then far be it from anybody else to tell him not to, but when you're attached to a project, individualism hurts the project more than helping it, no matter how creative the idea. There's a higher principle at stake and in order to work together, one must put aside their individualism until the job is done."

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 02:14:40 AM »
Well were working on working together but were not going to push people to work on versions of characters they dont want to. Some people have a style they might believe is better than some one elses, and others may not be that picky about it. No one is wrong, but it's a difference in style and taste. I am quite comfortable with the look and roster Legends has, but others might not feel the same. Personally I don't really care, I just think it's a good idea to use a similar base for the characters to make the fans gameplaying experience as enjoyable as possible.

So putting a team together to pump out characters probably wont happen, but the overall quality, and interactiveness will be vastly superior to the dozens of project out there all with differant AI, and combo systems.

We'll just let events unfold and see where it goes. Details will emerge as time goes on.

Offline The Question

• A=A
  • Initiate
  • 1... 2... STRIKE!
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 02:50:33 AM »
I'm happy to hear at least that it's in the works.  ;D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar