collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188614 times)

Offline TrunkJunky

• Re-emerging Stage Maker
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 26, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
  • I know nothing about making anything anymore.
    • TrunJunky MUGEN Partay Mode!!!
Re: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
« Reply #8825 on: April 21, 2013, 11:11:20 AM »
*sigh*

I really wish this game would come to PC. I don't wanna spend another $200+ to play this awesome game on a console!

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8826 on: April 29, 2013, 01:29:32 PM »
With Injustice out I notcied a lot more pople play UMvC3 online. I kind of feel like people tried Injustice for a short period then decided that they might as well be using the time on Marvel.

Anyways, it seems like Marvel is done with updates and patches so I wanted to share my Top 5 list of updates (nerfs?) that still need to be made in UMvC3, in no particular order:

1) Morgan should not be able to build meter on attackss while Astral Vision is active

2) Dr. Doom's Doom missle assist tracks the opponent and is a great anti air and lock down tactic. Rather than having 6 missles it should only have 2.

3) Wesker's life is too high considering his damage output. It should be about 9,000.

4) Vergil's Spiral Swords needs something... less projectile durability. But more importantly remove the round trip glitch.

5) TAC Infinintes removed.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #8827 on: April 29, 2013, 01:35:22 PM »
Am I the only person who thinks Dante has WAY too many specials?

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8828 on: April 29, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »
No but that's what makes him *puts on glasses* special
YEAAH!

But being serious that's what makes him unique, like ammy is unique in stance/weapons. If I remember correctly, he is the only with a highest specials in game.

With Injustice out I notcied a lot more pople play UMvC3 online. I kind of feel like people tried Injustice for a short period then decided that they might as well be using the time on Marvel.

Anyways, it seems like Marvel is done with updates and patches so I wanted to share my Top 5 list of updates (nerfs?) that still need to be made in UMvC3, in no particular order:

1) Morgan should not be able to build meter on attackss while Astral Vision is active

2) Dr. Doom's Doom missle assist tracks the opponent and is a great anti air and lock down tactic. Rather than having 6 missles it should only have 2.

3) Wesker's life is too high considering his damage output. It should be about 9,000.

4) Vergil's Spiral Swords needs something... less projectile durability. But more importantly remove the round trip glitch.

5) TAC Infinintes removed.

Is it that bad? I though the game play from the demo was fun, but if no one want's to play it online...
Guess I should just keep saving then.
1, 2, and 4 are on everyone's nerf list, even high level players wanted to have some change made to those three.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #8829 on: April 29, 2013, 02:22:52 PM »

My friend says he doesn't have enough actually.

I actually stopped playing this game for a few reasons:

1. no one I know plays it.

2. It's unbalanced as all hell.

3. Hidde missles are broke.

but mostly the first one.

Is it that bad? I though the game play from the demo was fun, but if no one want's to play it online...

no it's not. the demo is not a good representation of the game. I love injustice right now,  however a lot of people online spam with deathstroke. it's like how when mvc3 started up we had a billion people spamming with sentinel/magneto/doom teams

Offline [PRB] | TheFclass97

• Local mod of IKEMEN on MFG
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 03, 2019, 05:55:44 PM
  • IKEMEN... An engine that does wonders...
    • Skype - PRB AUC | TheFclass97
    • IKEMEN MFG
« Reply #8830 on: April 29, 2013, 02:57:31 PM »

I agree with you 100%  :Wink
~TheFclass97 (Le Pendangus)
 :2 :3 :6 :2 :3 :6 :p :p :p

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TheFclass97
I should get good... But I never like trying... If I do try, you mean something special ^_~

• Forum Member
    • IKEMEN MFG
« Reply #8831 on: April 29, 2013, 03:04:45 PM »
Funny how I hear UMVC3 is broken (Which I believe cause I own and play the game) and I haven't heard about MVC2's brokenness (especially on online play). I remember when they said MVC2 was broken, yet I never hear from it again since UMVC3 became wanted...  :-??
~TheFclass97 (Le Pendangus)

I should get good... But I never like trying... If I do try, you mean something special ^_~

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8832 on: April 29, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
I consider UMvC3 the most balanced fighting game available today, as seen by the amount of variety that makes their way to the top 8 finals every year. I'm not sure if the new SFxT pach has made it better balanced now but keep an eye on the tournaments and time will tell. Every game can be called broken on some level and I blame the people who spend their life complaining more than the games themselves. Of course there are a lot of games out there that are really broken.

As for MvC2, I feel like it was a crazy endevour in the first place with Capcom throwing everything they could into the game and try to make it all work. In a day and age without patches we ended up with God teer dominating the game in ways that Capcom couldn't have expected and no way to fix it. Ultimate still isn't quite there with the one exception of ChrisG with Morrigan, Doom Vergil... but ChrisG really is that good too. He also won 1st place in SSFIVAE at Civil War V so we know it's not jsut becasue he discovered a God team with Ultimate, it's because he is that good! Now we see Justin Wong hinting that he's learning the Morrigan team as well, so we'll see if that makes a difference or not.

• Forum Member
    • IKEMEN MFG
« Reply #8833 on: April 29, 2013, 03:25:13 PM »
I see what you mean Acey, but in my opinion, UMVC3 is NOT the most balanced game to date, but I see your point  ::salute:: . Also, ChrisG does have a God...ish team. I like ChrisG (unlike a lot of others), but have you seen MarlyinPie (I think that's how you spell it) and on your list of TAC infinites, he blows that up to a whole new level. I just want a good online match on UMVC3. I feel very  >:-(-| .....
~TheFclass97(Le Pendangus)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #8834 on: April 29, 2013, 04:32:38 PM »
the most balanced fighter out today? i can't agree on that  with the pretty much dominant top tier characters and no updates at all to the many problems this game has :|

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8835 on: April 29, 2013, 04:48:37 PM »
I agree with almost everything being said here, specially the nerfs mentioned by Acey. I do not think that Dante having too many specials is that much of a concern though, since even the best Mighty Lords I've played stick to the same moves over and over again, although, with that many specials, he should not have three different projectiles as well.  [-X

I just think that him and Vergil are too easy to use, so everyone does. Both can also hit without leaving themselves open, and they can break defenses easily. I can do many of the top combos with either of them, except for Dante's full screen teleport follow up. They are just easy. :P

Now, Vergil's reach is too much, since he can hit you even if you are behind him or above him, while in the ground, or in the air, and he is able to follow up the hit into a full combo, with an OTG or xfactor off course. That Judgment Cut/Spiral Swords combo is too easy to do as well, and allows him to do up to 3 Spiral Sword hypers within the same combo, which is ridiculous. Rapid Slash should not hit from behind either or be allowed to be cancelled with Devil Trigger. It's the ultimate cheap move. I'm not asking to take all of these away, but just nerf some. That’s why he is in 90% of the teams. He is that broken.  :-??

Now, don't get me started on Zero and Trish. Zero's normals and specials are way too fast and do not leave him open at all. If you block, you cannot follow up with a hit of your own, so he is allowed to hit, miss and repeat, plus he has the longest combos in the game, which in the right hands, means that you can say goodbye to your character after just one hit.  ~X(

What upsets me about Trish is that most players just spam her projectiles from the air, out of reach, and then come down for a hit to start a combo, but if blocked, she cannot be punished and gets to go back up in the air to repeat the process again and again.  8=|

Now, the nerf that I really want, and know we will never get is to have a meter, similar to the hyper meter, but for flying and projectiles. That would ultimately stop the projectile spamming like Morrigan Loops or running away an entire match just spamming projectiles with Hawkeye or Deadpool while calling Doom's Hidden Missiles. It would also stop the flying out of reach to wait out xfactor or kill the clock, which happens often or the ultimate irritating strategy, which is the combination of both, projectile spamming from the air for an entire match with characters like Morrigan, Trish, Storm, Doom, etc. with an annoying assist...  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Anyway, the game is not entirely broken, but it is, and 99% of the teams online take advantage of a broken strategy or a broken character...  \-/o

The only good thing I have noticed is that I see a lot more people learning other characters, specially the lower tier ones. I guess some people are getting tired of seeing or playing with the same characters over and over again...  :cool
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:06:47 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8836 on: April 29, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »

What upsets me about Trish is that most players just spam her projectiles from the air, out of reach, and then come down for a hit to start a combo, but if blocked, she cannot be punished and gets to go back up in the air to repeat the process again and again.  8=|

;D
Jokes aside, Trish is a handful, I'll admit.
But the truth, no one here I faced or online takes advantage of the other options that the game has. If your dealing with characters that are air play, take a projectile character like Dorm or an assist like vajra, they both will pluck Trish out of the air. Same with Morrigan, Phoenix, Storm, ect. Dorm has to be one the worst match ups for Trish since she isn't a well rounded rush down character so she can't smack him with a dive kick and be on her way. No she has to watch out for Pillers, Meteors and teleport crossups. Even with assists to help her, she is still in danger. Since she can't move through the air, her ground movements are only available. Which are not good.
If it helps, the best way to get Trish is not to play her bait game. She isn't a good rush down nor a good spam, take advantage of that. If she flies then spams, dodge the best you can, but don't let her get you with the Stiletto kick. She has a 7 frame recovery if she hits nothing, leaving her open. +12 if you block it and +12 if you advance block it, leaving her the perfect time to continue her pestering.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8837 on: April 30, 2013, 12:34:56 AM »
Oh did you guys see this guy take out ChrisG at NorCal Regionals? Chris, Spencer and Dante take on Morrigan Spam...  :Soulfist

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #8838 on: April 30, 2013, 02:04:17 AM »
It was a great match...such a close call in the end.

I still don't like the fact that the fights in the game are mostly a one touch of death(where you can get a full character killed in a single combo)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #8839 on: April 30, 2013, 07:24:24 PM »
so this is the match they were talking about on the fgc forums. well chirsg says the only reason he lost was because of input lag on the ps3 and people are agreeing with him. i have never experienced any type of lag on this game offline at home or when playing at school but at the same time i dont play this game as much as these guys do so theres no way to know if he was telling the truth or being a sore loser.

ChrisG: That guy is probably the worst player I have ever lost to. Horrible PS3 lag. Couldn't even unfly.

SoulAdamant: You're a great player and I respect that, but both of you played on the same console.

ChrisG: Do you really believe I would've got hit by random bionic arms.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/apr/28/chrisg-states-ps3-was-lagging-after-loss-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-ncr-2013/

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #8840 on: May 01, 2013, 02:19:42 AM »
He should have taken the loss as a man, not whine about "PS3 lagged"  :'(

The worst part of this is that ChrisG actually won that regional regardless of his loss as far as i know

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #8841 on: May 01, 2013, 03:18:47 AM »
Well i agree with KPT but when i first seen the match i thought something was off about ChrisG's game play. Then ya'll informed  about the PS3 lag. After seeing the video unbiased i believe lag was the issue.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8842 on: May 01, 2013, 10:27:17 AM »
I think SeniorTaxi is just removed from the community so he doesn't have the "good habits" that other players do. I feel like he was a lot more random, doing things you'd see online but not in a tournament, which can catch any player off guard. That is why SeniorTaxi didn't make it past 17th place, he's not THAT good. Chris lost fair and square and the "random Bionic Arm" caught him fair.

Of course ChrisG won the tournament anyways so no big deal, right?

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:49:11 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #8843 on: May 01, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »
He lost a match to random person no one really knew and still complains about it even though he won the tournament? Im gonna go C++ here right quick.

if (SenorTaxi did random stuff)
    ChrisG would have caught on || ChrisG would have lost by randomness
else
    ChrisG wins because of Morrigan/Doom Bullet Hell
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8844 on: May 01, 2013, 01:03:48 PM »
Yeah, I like ChrisG a lot because he has skills and he is putting ever fiber of himself into the game, but sometimes you just have to know when to keep your mouth shut. If it was the fault of the console, then it's not worth mentioning it anyways, Keep Calm and Parry On.

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #8845 on: May 01, 2013, 03:22:08 PM »
;D
Jokes aside, Trish is a handful, I'll admit.
But the truth, no one here I faced or online takes advantage of the other options that the game has. If your dealing with characters that are air play, take a projectile character like Dorm or an assist like vajra, they both will pluck Trish out of the air. Same with Morrigan, Phoenix, Storm, ect. Dorm has to be one the worst match ups for Trish since she isn't a well rounded rush down character so she can't smack him with a dive kick and be on her way. No she has to watch out for Pillers, Meteors and teleport crossups. Even with assists to help her, she is still in danger. Since she can't move through the air, her ground movements are only available. Which are not good.
If it helps, the best way to get Trish is not to play her bait game. She isn't a good rush down nor a good spam, take advantage of that. If she flies then spams, dodge the best you can, but don't let her get you with the Stiletto kick. She has a 7 frame recovery if she hits nothing, leaving her open. +12 if you block it and +12 if you advance block it, leaving her the perfect time to continue her pestering.

I totally understand you DP, but in a balanced game, any character should be able to fight any other character regardless of tactics being used. In the case of Trish, to use her as an example, I don't want to be forced to use Dormammu or a character I don't like to ground her. I want to be able to use any character I like, specially when I am trying to master them. I don't want to start learning another character until I know I've learned everything I can about the ones I am using right now...  :-??

Yeah, I like ChrisG a lot because he has skills and he is putting ever fiber of himself into the game, but sometimes you just have to know when to keep your mouth shut. If it was the fault of the console, then it's not worth mentioning it anyways, Keep Calm and Parry On.

I really don't like Chris G and I agree with DCL. Chris G won because of Bullet Hell, which I consider to be one of the cheapest tactics in the game, and should not be allowed in tournament play. I know it takes skill to do it, but it takes more skill to win without it. It's too hard, annoying and tiresome to get through it, and I continue to see more players trying to immitate it online. Everybody is looking for the cheapest and easiest way to win, which takes all the fun that can be had with this game.  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

I still love it though, I just avoid spamming battles. I will not rematch a spammer wether I win or lose...  :O*D

PS. I'm happy he lost and that he whined like a school girl... :P

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8846 on: May 01, 2013, 06:21:27 PM »
But ChrisG also wins top 8 with SSFIVAE, so you know it's not just Morrigan spam. Don't get me wrong, ChrisG is a cry baby, but that's only because he cares a little too much.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #8847 on: May 01, 2013, 07:17:05 PM »
But ChrisG also wins top 8 with SSFIVAE, so you know it's not just Morrigan spam. Don't get me wrong, ChrisG is a cry baby, but that's only because he cares a little too much.

I know. I'm not saying that he has no talent. It upsets me even more that the guy has great skill and uses Bullet Hell. Why do you have to use such a cheap tactic if you could really earn your wins with the skill you have?  :-??

I fight High Lords all the time that have incredible skill and they call hidden missiles or Sentinel Force or the Strider over head assist every 2 seconds. What skill is there in pushing one button over and over again which gives you an unfair advantage?  :-w

A lot of them can beat me without calling the assist over and over again, but they continue to do so. It's just irritating. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind someone spamming Hawkeye's arrows, or Magneto's Destructor, or Deadpool's guns over and over again. I just hate it when they do it and also fill the screen with hidden missiles or one of those frickin assist. Its like a cheap death trap where you can't even get close enough to punish the assist unless you call a team super at the right moment, and it takes no skill. I know. I've tried it and have done it. I made my own spamming team and used it. I just hated myself for winning some matches in such a lousy way without even getting close once for a combo... L-)

The worst team I've faced recently was a skillful Bullet Hell player, Morrigan and Doom obviously, but with Phoenix in the third spot. Good luck trying to get close enough to try to force her to tag in, and the Bullet Hell fills up the 5 bars in less than a minute even if you block. Not only do you have to deal with Morrigan, but once you are done with her, then comes Doom with high jumps and his constant 3 air projectiles in a row from the corner for cheap damage with the occasional Foot Dive killing the clock and if you have enough time left, you'll have to deal with a full blown combo crazy Dark Phoenix. It is just ridiculous...  ~X(

CHEAP,  CHEAP, CHEAP and No Fun...  [-X

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #8848 on: May 01, 2013, 07:17:37 PM »
i won't say i don't like chrisg but i don't like how he plays. theres no doubt about it he is a very skilled player but to win he just uses morrigan bullet hell. its so boring to watch i mean you dont really have to do much since the chip alone does massive damage. im not a fan of "lame" tactics to get the win. its high level play in marvel im expecting crazy combos not a screen full of fireballs and missiles. the thing is he can do combos but sticks with the same old soul fist routine so its not fun to watch.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #8849 on: May 01, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »
i won't say i don't like chrisg but i don't like how he plays. theres no doubt about it he is a very skilled player but to win he just uses morrigan bullet hell. its so boring to watch i mean you dont really have to do much since the chip alone does massive damage. im not a fan of "lame" tactics to get the win. its high level play in marvel im expecting crazy combos not a screen full of fireballs and missiles. the thing is he can do combos but sticks with the same old soul fist routine so its not fun to watch.

Totally agree...  :thumbsup:

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare