collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188449 times)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:49:11 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
Re: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
« Reply #8675 on: October 15, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »
Which is why I wanna learn Jill...she's like another X-23. Mixups all day...and also cuz she was one of my mains in marvel2...

I think imma stay away from the Mad Beast lvl3, the damn thing is still too hard for me to control...its worse than Phoenix (Hold That DP...)
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8676 on: October 17, 2012, 03:51:28 PM »
Okay I finally unlocked all the marvel3 trophies...finally...now...what can I do with this game now?

Guess I'll learn the broken Vergil Swords of Revealin Light Loop...

*Edit*: A few minutes have passed and already got the Swords of Revealin Light Loop down...wth? It's that easy...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 04:15:21 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
« Reply #8677 on: October 17, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »
Next step... Cosmic Lord, or how about going to a tournament?

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8678 on: October 17, 2012, 07:01:19 PM »
Next step... Cosmic Lord, or how about going to a tournament?

I can't enter tournaments. Where I'm from, fighting games are a joke (really, most people here despise fighting games). I honestly do not care about the rank. The only reason I played rank matches was for the 100 wins trophy.

Perhaps a better plan would be to get the 360 version (when I get an XBox) so I can play you guys that only have it for 360.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8679 on: October 17, 2012, 07:42:53 PM »
Okay I finally unlocked all the marvel3 trophies...finally...now...what can I do with this game now?

Guess I'll learn the broken Vergil Swords of Revealin Light Loop...

*Edit*: A few minutes have passed and already got the Swords of Revealin Light Loop down...wth? It's that easy...

I suggest pushing your limits in the game, how many perfects can you get in a row either online or against the AI on the highest difficulty? Or Time over without taking a hit? So many things to do. Heck look for some broken glitch. I do when I'm not up to fight against anyone. May I say that's how I learned that some tech I know that others don't.
Or you can try to master another character if not your favorite?
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8680 on: October 17, 2012, 08:17:32 PM »
I suggest pushing your limits in the game, how many perfects can you get in a row either online or against the AI on the highest difficulty? Or Time over without taking a hit? So many things to do. Heck look for some broken glitch. I do when I'm not up to fight against anyone. May I say that's how I learned that some tech I know that others don't.
Or you can try to master another character if not your favorite?

...You make a great point DP *looks at Phoenix*
(click to show/hide)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #8681 on: October 17, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »
I'm with Acey on the tournament thing. We need someone representing IMT at Evo. lol We could start a Kickstarter! Home much would it cost to send DCL to tournaments?

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8682 on: October 17, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
Id love to go to tournaments, but honestly, just because I know how to play the game very well doesnt mean Im good enough to battle top players. I won't lie I've fought some players who completely outplay me easily yet I somehow managed to win.

I'm gonna exaggerate my speech here a bit so yea lol
Lando i'm gonn borrow your essay skills right quick...

Very few people at my school play fighting games and they want to try and get better at Marvel. One day we had a game day, we hooked up the PS3 and played some marvel. I watched them play and noticed that...well they didn't do combos...like at all.
That time I was thinking, "Damn this is horrible..."
So I picked up one of the controllers and told my opponent, "Sir, I must tell you, the moment we begin the match I can guarantee you that all hell will break loose. If I hit you once and confirm, you won't be able to attack for at least 10-20 seconds depending on which character I'm using."
My opponent nodded in confusion and said, "uhh...okay?"
*1 minute later*
My opponent and everyone else watching, looked at me as if thinking, "How was he able to do all that?!?!"
I referred to what I said earlier, "Remember? I said all hell will break loose...Welcome to Marvel..."
Before I left, the person who started up "The Guild" (that's what we call the game days), asked me if he could explain to us and show us what can be done to help them improve their game in marvel.
I calmly said, "Umm...well I'll think about it...I'll give ya an answer next time Guild starts..."

So...what do you think guys? Should I show my fellow classmates what can be done in marvel?

EDIT: Just ran a set of first to 10 with DP...
So how's it feel to get lamed out DP? I know you was salty from what I was doing with Chris. You was in MY world 1-1 now!! XD
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:32:01 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #8683 on: October 17, 2012, 09:29:45 PM »
Even if you get completely obliterated, it the experience you really go for.

And I say sure.  You may bring the fighting game community to your town single handed.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8684 on: October 17, 2012, 10:52:47 PM »
 :D Salty yes, from your Chris keep away no. Chris has never been a problem for me at keep away since he doesn't have an anti air move. What made me salty was the long az combos he can get off any throw.
Also
YOU HAD PHOENIX IN YOUR HANDS TO KILL!!!
WTF HAPPENED!!!
PS
did you notice that I wasn't even playing in some of the matches?
 :-"
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8685 on: October 17, 2012, 11:22:35 PM »
:D Salty yes, from your Chris keep away no. Chris has never been a problem for me at keep away since he doesn't have an anti air move. What made me salty was the long az combos he can get off any throw.
Also
YOU HAD PHOENIX IN YOUR HANDS TO KILL!!!
WTF HAPPENED!!!
PS
did you notice that I wasn't even playing in some of the matches?
 :-"

Oh I see...still I lamed you out. You can thank Nestor for that Chris combo, I learned it from him  :D

I MESSED UP!!! THATS WHAT HAPPENED!!! o.O#
JILL IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS SO NO ARGUING!!!...I SAID NO ARGUING!!

So you had someone else playing...I dont think I noticed, I thought you was just trollin or somethin...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8686 on: October 18, 2012, 12:23:29 AM »
Yeah my friend was playing the first few matches. Man I couldn't believe he beat you with his crappy wolverine. I couldn't stop laughing because he kept on mashing swiss cheese. Still doesn't know how to play right.

WIP... She can kill easy. You call that WIP? I say if they can kill then they are ready. If not then train away. I saw a few mixup mistakes, but you got her down. She is ready!!!

Lame out? Psh, If I just stood in the air and just lamed the entire game instead of trying to go after you, you'd be salty as hell.
Remember that vid shows a two sided fight, you may get the star now but soon...soon
it will run out  ;*))

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8687 on: October 18, 2012, 01:48:04 PM »
he kept on mashing swiss cheese.

Love it! Wish I was there (Xbox though).

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8688 on: October 18, 2012, 04:35:53 PM »
Yeah my friend was playing the first few matches. Man I couldn't believe he beat you with his crappy wolverine. I couldn't stop laughing because he kept on mashing swiss cheese. Still doesn't know how to play right.

WIP... She can kill easy. You call that WIP? I say if they can kill then they are ready. If not then train away. I saw a few mixup mistakes, but you got her down. She is ready!!!

Lame out? Psh, If I just stood in the air and just lamed the entire game instead of trying to go after you, you'd be salty as hell.
Remember that vid shows a two sided fight, you may get the star now but soon...soon
it will run out  ;*))

Well tell your friend...that mashing should only be done on supers lol

Yes...she's a WIP (not for Mugen), I messed up my mixups...SHE MUST BE PERFECT!!!

OH OH I SEE YOU WANNA PLAY LIKE THAT?!?!? We'll run it back again some day, and see who gets lamed out...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8689 on: October 18, 2012, 04:52:26 PM »
@DCL
 :-SS I take it back I TAKE IT BACK!
 @^@
lol Just kidding. I would like to figure out how to get close to chris without getting grabbed or barley getting clipped with his damn magnum. Maybe I should ask nestor for some pointers...

Also:

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8690 on: October 19, 2012, 07:06:23 PM »
Guys (Acey I bet ya wanna hear this), with the Nova glitch + Dorm Stalking Flare, the game will start to slow down...someone could use this to their advantage for one specific reason I came up with...extracting sound effects.

See due to the slow down, the sound effects caused by the characters or rather anything can be heard completely, even the little ones you dont normally hear. Just turn off the BGM in Options and record away. You can also remove character voices so you can just hear the sound effects...its pretty neat and i say do this ASAP before Clapcom *claps* patches it...

Also for safety reasons ,if you are trying this, be sure NOT to save or exit to the main menu...it might cause some stuff ya DONT wanna have...i suggest you just choose Quit Game (from PS3 Menu) ot turn off your XBox manually to prevent saving.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:11:36 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8691 on: October 19, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
*sigh*  o.O#

Aside from my internet messin up...
The damn star ran out...and just when I wanted to try out my new Jill mixups...go ahead DP laugh it out...
Man was I salty...I guess I got the Chris Jitters instead...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:21:50 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8692 on: October 19, 2012, 10:35:59 PM »
*sigh*  o.O#

Aside from my internet messin up...
The damn star ran out...and just when I wanted to try out my new Jill mixups...go ahead DP laugh it out...
Man was I salty...I guess I got the Chris Jitters instead...

(click to show/hide)

What star?
Laugh? How can I, when my winnings feel hollow because you messed up? Still there is a small victory by causing havoc on the field. Chaos...Just something about it is so funny yet, gratifying...

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8693 on: October 19, 2012, 10:48:30 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I messed up...thats why ya can laugh...
Besides do you know how hard it is to use Jill? Fighting my friend Raxx8 (who uses Dante, Vergil, Zero/Gouki) is like a lil chihuahua fighting a bulldog...

Major Edit: MY Tier List

I put Phoenix at the top right for a reason...she's a "gamble" character because one mistake could ultimately lead to her downfall.

Topping SS Rank are what I like to call the "brain dead" characters (excluding Viper and Strider). It takes little effort to use them and win and their combo damage output is off the charts. Viper and Strider are far too good for the next set of characters I explained.

Characters right under SS are ranked SA characters. They require quite an amount of effort to use and as a result gives you a great feeling when you win. Especially Zero and Morrigan for their execution level is high. Personally I find Viper much harder to use but she takes the seat in the SS rank table for having Focus Attack, EX moves and cancels.

The characters below SA are the A rank characters. These are characters that have some flaws but are still good to use.
Gouki, High-Risk, High Reward (Low HP, High Damage, can solo Thor with 3 meters, no X-Factor)
Trish & Ammy, Great Keepaway, Low Damage
Hawkeye, OP Keepaway and Damage, targeted as the first to be eliminated
Wolverine & Spencer, Aggressive and High Damage, can be kept away
Hulk & Sentinel, High Damage, Slow Mobility

The B rank characters are mid tier. These are some of the "unknown" characters with the exception of Nova, She-Hulk, Task, Storm, and maybe Cap. These characters I find to have very high potential when someone starts to use them at high level play.
Examples:
Zak Bennett with Firebrand
Hori Tatsu with X-23
Justin Wong with Iron Fist and Felicia

The C rank characters are those filled with flaws. Though Spiderman's mobility is great, his assists are pathetic. Nemesis, being a hybrid of Hulk and Sentinel, still gets outclassed by both of them. Basically these characters and below are some that you might never see in tournaments.

D Rank needs almost no explanation. These characters are the rarest to see. Sure we maybe have seen Thor and Tron used but not so much.

Feel free to disagree with it though, it's not an official tier list and besides, I don't think there is one...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:39:41 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8694 on: October 22, 2012, 02:59:37 AM »
 :DxDie
Just watch
(click to show/hide)

@DCL
Nice list, though I think Phoenix should be placed off to the side. She is OP as Dark Phoenix but as you said one mess up and she's gone. Also Vergil is the only one to have her pinned with Swords so she can't do nothing even if she touches down. Others have to snag her before she touches the ground or Teleports out of the way.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #8695 on: October 22, 2012, 07:21:30 AM »
That animation is pretty hilarious

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8696 on: October 22, 2012, 08:33:22 AM »
Okay...I watched that video...and Im Slammin Mah Desk in laughter....

Also, while what you said about Phoenix is true, she's not as safe as Vergil is except when she's in Dark form. Vergil needs nothing to be powerful...so I consider Vergil possibly the most broken alongside everyone I put up in that SS rank.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8697 on: October 22, 2012, 11:26:17 AM »
I spent about 5 minutes on the Nova glitch last night and couldn't get it to work, any advice there?

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8698 on: October 22, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »
I spent about 5 minutes on the Nova glitch last night and couldn't get it to work, any advice there?

Try DHCing just when Nova is about to hit the ground, I know its hard but youll get it eventually. If you DHC normally, start over press Select + Start on PS3 or Back + Start on XBox to reset the match (shoutouts to F4 on Mugen)

I used about 30 Stalking Flares and my PS3 was running Marvel3 like an online laggy match.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8699 on: October 22, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »

Also, while what you said about Phoenix is true, she's not as safe as Vergil is except when she's in Dark form. Vergil needs nothing to be powerful...so I consider Vergil possibly the most broken alongside everyone I put up in that SS rank.
Dark or not She isn't as safe as you may think. Her feathers protect her, but also hinder her since they can easily let someone out of a combo for a punish. Also they don't protect her back. She is always exposed in a specific area. Hence teleporters are a danger for her or character who can counter projectiles.
Vergil is no slouch when it comes to power. But what makes him broken is the swords, not his power. They can withstand hypers, eat projectiles, block string, high low mix up, over head, ect. I mean come on, it beats a lvl 3 uroboros. Without them the Vergil runs on pure skill. He also needs constant meter to be a threat though. Viper, I have yet to see what the fuss is about. Yes she has ways to make you go WTF, but she is still has issues with characters who have Flight, strong keep away, or teleports. Hence why MarlinPie using Hidden Missiles to snag air and Keep away. Without it she is in a similar boat as X-23 against flight characters. Remember Marlin losing to the Morri/doom combo? Viper couldn't get close to do anything. Even with hidden missiles.

F.Champ movement tier list.
He made a few adjustments last night, hagger and Hulk switched places. The one below is his original.
(click to show/hide)
Back to Vergil, he needs constant meter to be a threat though. Heck anyone needs meter to be a threat. Dark Phoenix only needs the 5 bars once. Which is a problem for her in itself. But she has something over Vergil as champ showed in the movement tier.
Now I'm not saying she can run forever. That's extremely difficult. She will be clipped. But as champ said, Phoenix has:
8-way air dash
Flight
Teleports
Tk overdrive M which puts her in the air while allowing air dash (guess he doesn't know it's double air dash)
wave dashing

Vergil:
Teleports
wave dashing
Wall jump
Devil trigger double jump

Champ puts him lower since he needs the meter for the double jump. A lot of characters are lower because they don't have good ground movement either. He also said X-23 and Jill are (don't quote me on this) the best ground characters.
I think that's why they gave Vergil's sword crown thing no definitive way out of it unless Vergil himself is dead. It stops all air movement, flight, and it pins. Though I figured out that super jumping then dashing up mess' up the swords a bit.

I guess Viscant was right, this game can't be put into a single character tier, there are too many variables to consider. Like morrigan, she needs hidden missiles to be a threat. Without it, some specific characters can get around her wall of  :Soulfist

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare