collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 189307 times)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: *Official Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #7675 on: December 05, 2011, 03:20:20 PM »
Nice, the patches are coming.

WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS FOR THE ORIGINAL ONE?!  \-/o

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7676 on: December 05, 2011, 03:37:46 PM »

Here comes the Wesker bashing...  :O*D

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #7677 on: December 05, 2011, 03:38:55 PM »
WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS FOR THE ORIGINAL ONE?! 

Because this is Super Street Fighter IV with Spider-Man.

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #7678 on: December 05, 2011, 03:40:19 PM »

Nope, he's a perect example of a fair and balanced character. All the rest of the cast are just not balanced enough.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7679 on: December 05, 2011, 03:45:54 PM »

he'll be good no matter what they do to him unless they take moves away lol

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 03, 2024, 08:19:48 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #7680 on: December 05, 2011, 03:56:19 PM »
Here comes the Wesker bashing...  :O*D
lolwut?

Of course people are gonna bring the hate on Wesker, hes still stupid godlike...
What kind of a stupid idea was it to make Wesker 10-15% stronger just because he has his expensive sun glasses off...

Not sure if anybody here tried it or not but before umvc3, Vanilla had the DHC glitch/trick, did anyone here attempt that besides me? (btw i got it to work with X23 and Zero but never really tried it online)
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #7681 on: December 05, 2011, 04:23:53 PM »

I don't think Wesker is that "godlike"... lol

How come every time I fight online, even against great Wesker users, I always seem to find fair fights??  :-??

I mean, unless I meet full screen spammers that run away when you get close to them. I met two of those last night and still pushed them off my lobby. One had Storm, Trish and Morrigan (Full Screen Typhoon all day long with spamming assist) and the other had Cap America, Hawkeye and Taskmaster. You have no idea how many arrows and shields can be seen at one time on screen... @-)

By the way, I had an AWESOME Ultimate night last night. I opened up a lobby and waited for players to show up from all ranks, although the highest rank was a 4th Lord... :P

I ended up with 71 wins and 3 losses, and my longest was a 46 game win streak... :w00t:

I do see that players have gotten a lot better with Ultimate. Lots of Hawkeyes, Ghost Riders, Vergils, Novas, Frank West, Taskmasters, Spencers, Dooms, Hulks, Sentinels, Weskers, Wolverines, Dantes and X-23s... :|

Didn't see one She-Hulk nor Tron Bonne... :(

...and only met one Phoenix...  ;D

PS. What's the DHC glitch? Video please...  :)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:52:40 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7682 on: December 05, 2011, 04:33:46 PM »
wesker is godlike to me becuae on xfactor he can dish out the same damage as hulk and sentinel with l,m,h,s alone

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7683 on: December 05, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »

How come every time I fight online, even against great Wesker users, I always seem to find fair fights??  :-??

I mean, unless I meet full screen spammers that run away when you get close to them. I met two of those last night and still pushed them off my lobby. One had Storm, Trish and Morrigan (Full Screen Typhoon all day long with spamming assist) and the other had Cap America, Hawkeye and Taskmaster. You have no idea how many arrows and shields can be seen at one time on screen... @-)

By the way, I had an AWESOME Ultimate night last night. I opened up a lobby and waited for players to show up from all ranks, although the highest rank was a 4th Lord.

I ended up with 71 wins and 3 losses, and my longest was a 46 game win streak... :w00t:

I do see that players have gotten a lot better with Ultimate. Lots of Hawkeyes, Ghost Riders, Vergils, Novas, Frank West, Taskmasters, Spencers, Dooms, Hulks, Sentinels, Weskers, Wolverines, Dantes and X-23s... :|

Didn't see one She-Hulk nor Tron Bonne. :(..

PS. What's the DHC glitch? Video please...  :)

Sadly im gonna ignore everything ya said and focus on this...
Youve played Marvel 3 all this time yet you never learned about the DHC glitch?
Well Ill explain, the DHC glitch was a "hidden" element in Vanilla that only works obviously by DHCing into another combo. However when doing this it actually resets all your damage while keeping the combo going (as well as reset the Hit Stun Deterioration), almost EVERY player did this to win, especially at tournaments and even crosscounter's running sets. When DHCing, your opponent goes into a "spin out" state and fall, mainly to help the next incombing hyper combo to hit. Here's an example...

wesker is godlike to me becuae on xfactor he can dish out the same damage as hulk and sentinel with l,m,h,s alone

Dont forget, if you manage to use MAXIMUM WESKER!!! while your opponent is midscreen, mash that and youll do about 400,000+ damage...thats the same as some level 3s, even more than Zero's and Ryu's Level 3...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:41:15 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #7684 on: December 05, 2011, 04:34:28 PM »

But... you play as wesker.....

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7685 on: December 05, 2011, 04:35:32 PM »

Cus everyone's too chicken to use her now due to her lower health.  >:P DCL can vouch that she's still a bee-otch to fight, even without Dark Phoenix but I think that was luck, and I mean  %%- lol
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:38:09 PM by Acey »
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7686 on: December 05, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »
Cus everyone's too chicken to use her now due to her lower health.  >:P DCL can vouch that she's still a bee-otch to fight, even without Dark Phoenix but I think that was luck, and I mean  %%- lol

Oh god those first couple of wins against ya when you was using her was all luck on me -____-
Trust me even with her nerfs, Phoenix is still a threat...when shes used correctly that is...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7687 on: December 05, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »
Check out this Ultimate Wesker reset.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7688 on: December 05, 2011, 04:58:13 PM »
 ^^(PM)^ That's what makes wesker good, and I like that but when you add the whole glasses....well.... *Iceman ThumbsDown!*
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7689 on: December 05, 2011, 05:22:02 PM »
Sadly im gonna ignore everything ya said and focus on this...
Youve played Marvel 3 all this time yet you never learned about the DHC glitch?

Everybody knows about that glitch dude, but you made it sound like it was something new or obscure... :P

I had no idea it was called "The DHC Glitch" though...  :|

Dont forget, if you manage to use MAXIMUM WESKER!!! while your opponent is midscreen, mash that and youll do about 400,000+ damage...thats the same as some level 3s, even more than Zero's and Ryu's Level 3...

But... you play as wesker.....

Yes, I use Wesker, but I also have two other characters in the team as well, meaning, I face great Wesker players all the time using one of the other two characters I have and still win against the best of them. I can honestly say that I am good against Wesker because I use him and know what to expect, same as Hulk and Sentinel. I always think that if you want to defeat a character, you better start by learning how to play with them... :P

I know Swiziga and Dead Phoenix use Wesker. Dead Phoenix even uses Phoenix, does that make them cheap players??  :-??

I have played against them and found nothing wrong... :P

I even saw videos of DCL and Swiziga playing, while Swiziga was using Wesker, and DCL had no problem with it or with killing his Wesker, so what's the difference?  :-??

In other words, if you know what to expect, then you know when to block high, low or when to swoop in for the kill. Too many people focus on their characters and not their opponents, nor the ones that give them trouble, learn to play against them and you don't have to call them "godlike"...  :P

PS. I rarely use X-Factor Wesker now since most of the time he is my anchor or my second in line, although a lot of good players force him in with a Snap Back when I don't have him first to try to get rid of him, just to find themselves paying the price...  :D

Cus everyone's too chicken to use her now due to her lower health.  >:P

Oh she is still a huge threat...BELIEVE ME... @-)

...and most of the Phoenix users left out there know how to combo big time with her, so she is still frickin' annoying even without her Dark PMS...  @^@

The only reason I won the other three matches against the Phoenix player last night was because I Snapped her in once and crossed her up for the kill. The second time I killed her during her trasformation (yes, it can still be done, but I have only found one character that can do it...  >:D ), and the third time I killed his team too quickly and she didn't even get the five bars...  :D

Check out this Ultimate Wesker reset.

Awesome reset, unfortunately I can't get used to Strider to use him...  :'(

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:27:59 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #7690 on: December 05, 2011, 05:47:12 PM »
Damn I made my return to imt to see this smh. Weskers the best characater in the game period. What does that mean? Not much. Why? Ultimate is a very balanced game. The damage is high so everyone is a threat. a good 30 or so characters have a very competetive toolset. The changes to the characters havent just adjusted balance for those individual characters but also have put a bigger emphasis on different roles and playstyles. Guys dont try to justify what your doing to win. Just win.

@crom
one person doing well in a high tier matchup doesnt make a good character worse than they are it just means that one person was more experienced in the match up and had the will to win it. Dont discredit the hard work of another player it leads to you blaming your losses on characters and takes away from your ability to calculate your own player errors preventing you for improving.

thats all for my phantom og imt thread redirect proceed with your ranting :)
(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7691 on: December 05, 2011, 06:06:48 PM »
Damn I made my return to imt to see this smh. Weskers the best characater in the game period. What does that mean? Not much. Why? Ultimate is a very balanced game. The damage is high so everyone is a threat. a good 30 or so characters have a very competetive toolset. The changes to the characters havent just adjusted balance for those individual characters but also have put a bigger emphasis on different roles and playstyles. Guys dont try to justify what your doing to win. Just win.

@crom
one person doing well in a high tier matchup doesnt make a good character worse than they are it just means that one person was more experienced in the match up and had the will to win it. Dont discredit the hard work of another player it leads to you blaming your losses on characters and takes away from your ability to calculate your own player errors preventing you for improving.

thats all for my phantom og imt thread redirect proceed with your ranting :)

^^(PM)^ =D> ^^(PM)^ =D> ^^(PM)^

I fully completely and utterly agree. I just think a lot of players use Wesker because he is just that cool. I love his attitude, outfit, teleports and moveset...  :P

My Wesker has gotten a lot better with Ultimate, but only because I learned new moves, cross ups, combo extensions and such, and I get compliments all the time, but I know that if I go against Marn or Combofiend that don't use Wesker, but are both masters at their characters, I wouldn't stand a chance...  @^@

Not that I am comparing myself to those players, far from it. I get beat every day by many players. I'm just saying that characters mean nothing. What matters is the skill of the player that uses them...  :cool

I have a tough time beating Bozz, KAIZER, Raul and many of my XBL buddies, even if I use X-Factor Wesker, and neither one of them uses Wesker. Their best characters are Dante, Ryu, Trish, Doom, Dormammu and Ghost Rider. Against KAIZER and Raul I win 1 out of every 5 matches. It's all about the skill...  :thumbsup:

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7692 on: December 05, 2011, 06:14:37 PM »
The difference is...Ive been getting better...
But still...the glasses thing with Wesker is ridiculous, theres no need for that...
playing against Swiziga right now...
(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7693 on: December 05, 2011, 06:19:49 PM »
The difference is...Ive been getting better...
But still...the glasses thing with Wesker is ridiculous, theres no need for that...
playing against Swiziga right now...

If you've gotten better then you have nothing to worry about. I don't think using Wesker gives Swiziga an unfair advantage, does it?  :-??

Post Merge: December 05, 2011, 06:21:51 PM

EDIT:

I do have to agree with the glasses thing. There was no need for that...  :)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7694 on: December 05, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »

If you've gotten better then you have nothing to worry about. I don't think using Wesker gives Swiziga an unfair advantage, does it?  :-??

Swiziga's Wesker is a lot different than yours dude -_-
(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7695 on: December 05, 2011, 06:24:11 PM »
Swiziga's Wesker is a lot different than yours dude -_-

I what way...??  /:O

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #7696 on: December 05, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »
Didn't see one She-Hulk nor Tron Bonne... :(

no Tron is cause she's not invincible with that assit anymore... And she hulk got changed abit I hear.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7697 on: December 05, 2011, 06:29:51 PM »
Well you know, you'll have fair fight against other weskers if you also use wesker...

Also, no Tron is cause she's not invincible with that assit anymore... And she hulk got changed abit I hear.

Could be, but I meant when I face good Weskers against my other characters bro...  :-??

Also, Tron's combos were changed dramatically. Her jumping H pushes off now and taking her combos to the air has become a lot more difficult. The timing sucks. I hate it !!!!!!!!!!  ~X(

I used to love using her...  :'(

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7698 on: December 05, 2011, 06:56:14 PM »
The Tron nerf was unnecessary, good for me though. Now playing Tron is like, "what's the point?!"

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7699 on: December 05, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/gimlet-dhc-input-bug.149514/#post-6148852
You know what hit the link, too much copy and past.
To sum it up it tells an easy way to DHC with "GIMLET" without getting the DP hyper which seems to happen when trying a DHC
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:11:26 PM by Dead Phoenix »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[Today at 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15