collapse

Author Topic: Tenguman  (Read 13124 times)

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
Tenguman
« on: December 03, 2009, 05:33:55 PM »
Is it too late for a new challenger?

Tenguman by aPoCaLyPsE

Bio Author: Naop

Name: Tengu Man

Sex/Race: Male/Robot

Alliance: Freelance

Hair: None

Eyes: Big and devilish

Weight: 230lbs

Height: 7’2

Build: Tall and “muscular”. For a robot, he lacks the typical “trashcan” appearance.

Appearance:
He is a robot, built in the 20XX by the infamous Dr. Wily. He’s tall, and he was designed to fly at incredible speeds, so he has aerodynamic jet-like wings on his back. His left arm holds his triple “Tengu Blade”, that he uses as his main weapon. His name comes from a mythical crow-like goblin (explained in the History field), hence his red, long-nosed mask. He has a humanoid complexion, but unlike other robots, no one knows if he has a human form beneath his armor and mask.

Personality:
Just like the creature he’s supposed to portray, Tengu Man is quite “evil”. He is a real villain. He’s usually the silent type, because he doesn’t like to waste his words with those who are inferior. However, whenever he needs to confront someone, his attitude is the exact thing that Tengus are supposed to hate: arrogant, vain and pretentious. This is quite a contradiction, but then again, Dr. Wily was a scientist, not a mythology expert. In addition, he’s far from mischievous, he just likes to be the strongest robot there is and humiliate his rivals. For some odd reason, Tengu Man is extremely loyal to Wily. Unlike Bass, he follows his command and never questions his orders.

Weapons/Equipment:
Tengu Blades – His main weapon. He can use this triple blade as a melee weapon, but it’s also the basis for the rest of his attacks. Also, he is able to slash away and cast an energy blade (like Zero’s beam saber ability) with a very good range. The energy blade bounces off walls a few times before disappearing. He can also use his blades to shield himself from enemy attacks.

Jet Pack – He needs this in order to fly, and since he almost never walks, it’s always ignited. This is like a “pocket” version of a small rocket engine.

Talents/Abilities:
Tornado Blast – Launches a gust of wind, using his gyratory blades to cast it from the distance. This attack can trap an adversary and throw him away. (For those of you who have played MM8, he performs this attack when he shouts something like “Talahassee!”.)

Tornado Hold – His blades are fired to the ground and start twirling, creating a vertical tornado as they advance forward.

Super Tornado Hold – A much more larger version of his Tornado Hold. He has to charge, in order to cast a very large tornado, capable of obliterating houses or small buildings. The size of this attack depends on how much time he spends charging before performing it (while he is doing so, his body glows with energy and his blades spin furiously). If the weather is bad, the Tornado can get out of his control (he wouldn’t care, mach 5 is useful for that kind of situations).

Swoop – Tengu Man dives from above in order to damage the enemy with his own body.

Flight – He can levitate or fly using his jet pack. His speed is amazing, reaching low hypersonic speed. (around 3000 mph - Mach 5)

Sword fighting – Although not exactly a sword, he handles his Tengu Blades with extreme expertise. He’d be a worthy opponent for a master swordsman.

Tengu Man’s defense isn’t his greatest attribute, but he compensates in many other ways. First of all, he almost never touches the ground, even when fighting at ground level. And second of all, try to catch him if you can!

He ranks as one of the most powerful Robot Masters. However, there have obviously been some improvements in Tengu Man’s design. He would easily match a Sentinel. What kind of technology did Dr. Wily use this time?

History:

Tengu are mountain and forest goblins with both Shinto and Buddhist attributes. Their supernatural powers include shape-shifting into human or animal forms, the ability to speak to humans without moving their mouth, the magic of moving instantly from place to place without using their wings, and the sorcery to appear uninvited in the dreams of the living.

The patron of martial arts, the bird-like Tengu is a skilled warrior and mischief maker, especially prone to playing tricks on arrogant and vainglorious Buddhist priests, and to punishing those who willfully misuse knowledge and authority to gain fame or position. In bygone days, they also inflicted their punishments on vain and arrogant samurai warriors. They dislike braggarts, and those who corrupt the Dharma (law).

The literal meaning of Tengu is "Heaven Dog." In Chinese mythology, there is a related creature named Tien Kou, or "celestial hound." The name is misleading, however, as the crow-like Tengu looks nothing like a dog. One plausible theory is that the Chinese Tien Kou derived its name from a destructive meteor that hit China sometime in the 6th century BC. The tail of the falling body resembled that of a dog, hence the name and its initial association with destructive powers.

After the ninth generation of Robot Masters was destroyed by Mega Man and Bass, King became an independent robot and decided to make amends. He rebuilt the ninth generation, and cleansed them of Wily’s programming virus. Mysteriously, Tengu Man was the only one who remained loyal to his master, even after the anti-virus was applied.

The team lived a short life as justice fighters, trying to repay their debt to society, until it happened. In the blink of an eye, the Wily Wars had ended, and all the Power Fighters either vanished or were put in stasis. Before attacking Light’s laboratories, Dr. Wily made sure none of his rogue creations was left on the loose. Some believe Tengu Man betrayed his teammates, handing them to Wily on a silver platter.

Now, in the 21XX, he wakes up from stasis, in the middle of the African jungle, in order to fulfill his master’s orders…

Attributes (45 total):
[Strength - 8] [Speed - 10] [Constitution - 6] [Intelligence - 5] [Dexterity - 9] [Power - 7]

Animations so far:
---------------------------
-Stance (reanimated; original featured in the .GIF, new stance featured in the Signature)  
-Crouching Animations
-Walk backwards
-Jumping backwards (missing Jumping up and foward)
-Dashing Backwards
-Intro 1
-Winpose 1
Standing Attacks (Lp, Mp, Hp, Lk, Mk, Hk) (Missing CloseMp & Hp and Close Mk & Hk)
-3 Special attacks (Unnamed Projectile and Kicking/Anti-air attacks)
-Levitation animation (For when flight code is implentmented)

The "Drawing Board"
--------------------------------------
First Attempt:

Second Attempt and Revisal:

Screenshots:
---------------

Note: Features old stance and some unchanged sprites that have been recently updated.

:+:C&C Always welcome:+:

-"aPoC."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:34:31 AM by aPoCaLyPsE »

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
Re: Tenguman
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 05:47:38 PM »
Its never too late man.
-.-

Offline SolidZone 26

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 07, 2021, 06:18:18 AM
  • My avatar is back...
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 05:55:41 PM »
Awesome wip. Good luck on it. Really like the sprites and Tenguman is one of my favorite bosses in Megaman 8. :thumbsup:

One question, what kind of voice will he have?

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 06:03:51 PM »
Not bad, not bad, Mr. aPoCaLyPsE. Tengu Man's looking pretty good, so far. The outlines definitely need to be black, though.

One question, what kind of voice will he have?

That's a good question to ask. Anything would be better than the one he has, in MM8's English version.

He's definitely an arrogant snob, though. :P
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:50:16 PM by KudosForce »
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline LynxDarkwood

• Extraterrestrial space police robot
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:March 17, 2024, 08:56:12 PM
  • Greatness is earned
    • LynxDarkwood313
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 06:04:42 PM »
Not Bad, For some reason the nose and arm look funny on the Second Attempt and Revival
but beside that the screenshots look good and so did the GIF. Keep up the good work.
TenguMan always seem liked one of the harder Robot Master to recreate, But you did awesome.

Two Thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 06:50:36 PM »
:o Very unexpected. He's looking very great so far. Is he going to use the stance in your sig, or the one in the gif?

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 07:18:30 PM »
No one has ever converted a robot master from Mega Man 8 and Mega Man and Bass. You're actually the first.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 07:47:46 PM »
No one has ever converted a robot master from Mega Man 8 and Mega Man and Bass. You're actually the first.

Does laspacho count? There's an entry for Frost Man with his name on it, in MM:RMM's article in the Infinity Wiki.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:45:30 PM by KudosForce »
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline Bowasiel

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 02, 2015, 12:42:58 PM
  • He is coming....
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 08:06:50 PM »
GREAT :O Add a black outline and it will be uber excellent :D

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 08:45:44 PM »
Apoc, I love you in a non gay way.

Seeing the great job you did with punisher I see nothing but promise for tengu man.

Best of luck, I'll be watching this every step of the way.  :)
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline Zerok_116

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 06, 2016, 05:37:25 PM
  • sprite by "DooM" and Avy by "R-15"
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 10:12:25 PM »
needs to be taller but still good sprites

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 07:57:22 AM »
That's a good question to ask. Anything would be better than the one he has, in MM8's English version.

He's definitely an arrogant snob, though. :P

He's supposed to be like that. It's called "personality"!

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »
He's supposed to be like that. It's called "personality"!

But of course. I was simply stating Mega Man facts. ;*))

In fact, all the robot masters have different personalities. You have to know the ones they have, in order to portray them well. ;)

Tengu Man has the right personality. He just needs the right voice actor, to bring him to life and give him a MAGNIFICENT performance, that has the right balance between awesome and obnoxious (with the scale slightly tipping towards the "obnoxious" end >:D).

Edit: From what I've heard, Tengu Man is supposed to be the strongest air-based robot master.

I'm fairly certain that he would have a few choice words to say to Air Man, on that subject...:P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:00:42 PM by KudosForce »
Mission complete!

-Rolento

Offline Enscripture

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 15, 2020, 07:12:24 AM
  • Plug-In, Rockman.EXE! Transmission!
    • My site
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 10:52:24 PM »
Anything would be better than the one he has, in MM8's English version.

Ugh! Bad English voice  ~X( I have his japanese voices already ripped if you want to use those:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7bbd3cbdbaa9ce2308f8df73f2072ed68be8449e09cf1e7e82e3a934329c7a5e

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 15, 2024, 09:17:53 AM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 12:58:41 AM »
Does laspacho count? There's an entry for Frost Man with his name on it, in MM:RMM's article in the Infinity Wiki.

Frostman got lost..   ;*))  I added a lost wip section to my wiki page.   :(|)

Tenguman looks wonderful Apoc!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:23:38 AM by laspacho »

Offline siroarashi

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 13, 2014, 10:14:50 PM
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 05:21:38 AM »
After seeing this post, maybe I should get working back on my Tenguman... ;*))

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 12:35:56 PM »
Or merge the two... :-"
-.-

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »
Or merge the two... :-"

That would be the most recommendable option, yes. :-"
Mission complete!

-Rolento

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 05:33:15 PM »
TENGU MAN!!!!!  :o my prayers have been answered my fave robot master is making it in lol looks great btw
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 01:29:36 PM »
I love Tengu Man! Nice! I am still hoping someone will magically post up that they are doing Yamato Man

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline LynxDarkwood

• Extraterrestrial space police robot
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:March 17, 2024, 08:56:12 PM
  • Greatness is earned
    • LynxDarkwood313
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »
I agree. I can't wait for him to be done.

Offline siroarashi

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 13, 2014, 10:14:50 PM
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »
Hmm... merging the two?... Well I have around 50% of my sprites done, I'm not sure how much aPoCaLyPsE got done so far. I started mine back in May but then my computer crashed in mid August and I didn't get it up and running until mid Oct, so during that time I was kind of set back a bit.

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 06:28:41 PM »
Thanks everyone for the support, the visuals are the most important part of commiting to a character and i feel I've just about got it and at a reasonable sprite rate too.

I started mine back in May but then my computer crashed in mid August and I didn't get it up and running until mid Oct, so during that time I was kind of set back a bit.

Same here, only I hadn't started on working on Tenguman prior to the inncidents leading the my half year long "vacation", but fairly recently. Though i've always had my eye on him when i was on the forums long enough to read about the new RMM project. So needless to say I'm probably not as far along as I'd like to be seeing that this project has been opened for some time now, but i can assure you he's fairly playable with most basic and specials already in DEF.

As for a merger, It's hard to tell as our sprites seem to be quite a bit different. (as I've come across in the past with outsourcing help with Angel, when another creator and I were both making the same char.) I don't know just how extensive it would be to rework the sprites to co-exist in the same character without conflict, but feel free to post a couple shots of your spritework on him here and maybe if it's usable we can make something happen.

Ugh! Bad English voice  ~X( I have his japanese voices already ripped if you want to use those:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7bbd3cbdbaa9ce2308f8df73f2072ed68be8449e09cf1e7e82e3a934329c7a5e

Thanks for the share. I've already started adding the sounds thru Tenguman Def file including mutiple basic punch/kick attack grunts, special attacks sounds, first intro & the first winpose and it really does make a difference. I love the jap voices IMHO.

needs to be taller but still good sprites

I can assure you in game standing toe-to-toe with megaman as well as other robot characters, he's definently tall. Infact with the stance i'm using in my sig, in game i couldn't imagine him being much bigger..tho a simple tweak of the yscale = 1.1 could always correct it.

-"aPoC."

Offline Mandie

• Last Login:June 24, 2011, 05:35:25 PM
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 03:40:24 PM »
Thanks everyone for the support, the visuals are the most important part of commiting to a character and i feel I've just about got it and at a reasonable sprite rate too.

Same here, only I hadn't started on working on Tenguman prior to the inncidents leading the my half year long "vacation", but fairly recently. Though i've always had my eye on him when i was on the forums long enough to read about the new RMM project. So needless to say I'm probably not as far along as I'd like to be seeing that this project has been opened for some time now, but i can assure you he's fairly playable with most basic and specials already in DEF.

Your doing good, but wtf happened to The Maxx????

Offline El Boço

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 29, 2011, 05:53:41 AM
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 05:21:54 PM »
Looks like butt, Tenguman is far different than Megaman. And the shading blows too.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:03:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[March 14, 2024, 01:34:08 PM]

R.I.P. Akira Toriyama "Dragonball Legend" by Rage
[March 12, 2024, 03:01:39 PM]

DBFZ Rocky Field (noon) by jafar