collapse

Author Topic: psx emulator request  (Read 1183 times)

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
psx emulator request
« on: March 04, 2009, 12:00:54 PM »
well i hate to ask but i have no other option i wanted to ask if anyone who has a psx emulator could possibly send me it through pm cause i keep having bad luck trying to get one to work i either
1.cant install it properly
2.its missing files
3.wont let me fix the configuration
i finally got one the epsxe BUT when i try to start a game it says to config my video setting when i go it has no options to choose  ~X( so i cant play anything and its getting me super frustrated

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
Re: psx emulator request
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »
i got you jes pm me wen your ready
(click to show/hide)

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:10:51 PM »
i got you jes pm me wen your ready

thanks man

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 12:18:05 PM »
guess im late lol. i could get u a tut too but i guess kratos is handling it

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »
i assume you are using ePSXe as emulator right?
It's the best available so far,and the one i'm using in my PC.
Still i had to tweek this and that for the plugins until i finally made it work

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 03:29:51 PM »
i assume you are using ePSXe as emulator right?
It's the best available so far,and the one i'm using in my PC.
Still i had to tweek this and that for the plugins until i finally made it work

yeah thats what im usin lol kratos helped me out but i need to delete alot of crap lol its making everything on my comp laggy lol so its time to start up my flashdrive  :D

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 04:12:33 PM »
if u guys want i could post all the good emus and of course the site u go to for questions about them.....especially the can my pc run this game or this emulator stuff. yeah epsxe is the best psx emu out but not far behind is pcsx. pcsx2 is the best ps2 emu out but u need a really powerful system to run. dreamcast has many good ones like Null DC or Chankast (what i use). Ds emus there is the No$gba emu. i know where to get the extra stuff for all those emus (i.e. plugins, games, and other stuff we all know and love)

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 10:43:21 AM »
if u guys want i could post all the good emus and of course the site u go to for questions about them.....especially the can my pc run this game or this emulator stuff. yeah epsxe is the best psx emu out but not far behind is pcsx. pcsx2 is the best ps2 emu out but u need a really powerful system to run. dreamcast has many good ones like Null DC or Chankast (what i use). Ds emus there is the No$gba emu. i know where to get the extra stuff for all those emus (i.e. plugins, games, and other stuff we all know and love)

I say go for it! And if someone could help with configing the plugins for ePSXe that would be grand!

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 12:25:15 AM »
ok i will get to it then. remember guys im only gonna post the main ones that emulate up to date stuff like ds and ps2. stuff like mame or arcade stuff ur on your own lol. i even got sega saturn stuff

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »
Let me start up the list here with the best available:

Gameboy/Gameboy Advance:
Visual Boy Advance(version 1.8 and above support trading,perfect for pokemon games and multiplayer)

No$Gba:supports multiple GBA's linked at the same time by opening the emulator just once
It supports as well Nintendo DS games in latest versions

Super Nintendo:
Znes:has DOS and Windows based versions,very good emulator

Snes 9x:imo,best emulator for SNES,supports save states shortcuts and a lot of settings perfect for sprite ripping(like disabling BG)

Nintendo DS:
iDeaS:an emu compatible with many commercial roms,still in development.Supports save states

No$GBA:Best DS Emulator available,even without save states.
Compatibility list is huge,it even ran perfectly Pokemon Platinum JP version when first dumped,which was a very new game by the time of release

Nintendo 64:
Project 64:best emulator available,lots of compatible roms available and highly customizable via plugins

More emulators coming

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 02:23:26 AM »
yeah i got all those. they are the best.

Best Nes Emu IMO

FCE Ultra

Fairly easy to use and not complicating. Double Dragon FTW!!!

Best Gamecube EMu with wii compatibility

Dolphin

If you tweak it right you can make it ru brawl with perfect speed on slow comps. But still under development as new stuff is being added and new games are being tested.

Best PS2 Emulator

Pcsx2

This baby has just gotten another huge update and now kingdom hearts 2 final mix  works fully. This one is the closest to emulating the ps2 on the pc. It is still under development but its near perfect. They have HIGH compatibility with almost ALL ps2 games period. Arcana Heart runs %100 speed on it and many more!!! You will need a high end comp to get good fps. if not then they do have speed hacks that speed up the game play and fix certain games. oh yeah mvc2 runs %100 also.

Best Sega Saturn EMu

Yabause

Its the cloest to emulating it and it runs games very well. I tried it for a minute but I never did like the sega saturn but hey maybe someone else may want to try it.

Best Dreamcast EMus

NullDC
CHankast

both are great but really its all down to a matter of preference. i didnt have to use either cuz i found another method of playing games i want but hey maybe someone here likes pc better.

Best PLaystation emu

Epsxe

Easy to configure and doesnt take a whole lot to get it running. Most of the slow pc weilders will love this one because It isnt as demanding as the ps2 emu. u will be bale to play bloody roar 2 in time lol.

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 06:15:20 AM »
Any plugin suggestions? Especially for the No$GBA for DS gameplay and the ePSXe cause I've been trying to get them to run with no luck...

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 11:25:32 AM »
no$gba has no real plugins,remember that you need a DS bios for it to make it work
And the ePSXe comes with a few plugins by default,i tested them out and it worked(depends on the computer you're using of course)

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »
actually i have some suggestions of plugins u will need. Open gl petes plugiin (i think its the name).....you need for 2d fighters and 2d games like street fighter alpha...etc. The names of the other ones ill let you know later when i actually get home. Ill even get you their tutorial. Its real easy to understand..will upload give direct link to it if thats what you want

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 03:40:25 AM »
if your unsure what to use peops soft plugin will get you by untill you can play around and see what works best
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »
the peops soft plugin is for 2d and 3d games meaning 2d games combined with 3d parts.

EDIT: I will just upload my epsxe and my no$gba but i have to do so without the bios as thats illegal.

This will also help you out....    http://epsxe.com/help.php
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:06:48 PM by Gaijin »

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 01:35:10 PM »
PCSX2 rocks. But dont think one plugin will work for every game. Best bet is to go to a emulator forum(ill get the link in a bit) and look through the screen shot thread and they will post detailed info on the full configuration specifically for that game. PCSX2 does not have a single plugin that will work for all games so keep that in mind. So if you have tons of PS2 games expect to be drastically altering the config on some to get them to play right.

PCSX2 thread with screenshots/configs for alot of games. http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/95668-post-your-pcsx2-screenshots-here.html

Be advised that thread has 32 pages so it will take awhile to find a specific game. Also there are more then 1-2 people on some of the games posting configs/screens so try every one for the best possible scenario.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 02:03:15 PM »
yeah it does you need high end computers to make it run at full speed. i know lot about it and how to configure all the plugins too. yeah pcsx2 does have lots of plugins. you dont have browse the 32 pages. just go to www.pcsx2.net and go to the compatibility listing. its defined in alphabetical order so search you game to see if its playable or not.

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 05:02:42 PM »
Yes I know that but from my experience it does not run flawlessly even on a high end PC with out switching or altering settings in the plugins or each game. Dont believe me try out one game that needs frame skip or one of the hacks enabled then switch to another game that does not need the exact same hacks enabled. It will slow it down or wont play nearly as good as with the correct plugin configs. I have been using PCSX2 since it was introduced I know alot about the emulator.

Offline Dakangel

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:May 30, 2019, 01:04:28 PM
  • Proximamente
    • DAKANGEL
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 05:33:48 PM »
zsnes is better than snes9x because have netplay and saveshots is more easier to rip from that emulator
even ypu can use epsxe 1.60 is a little more stable and not need a lot than 1.7
same with nulldc beta 0.6 is more compatible than beta 1.3 but the last one emulate naomi games in fact both are better than chankast
there are a CPS3 emulator too

the pluggins are in the epsxe page
Siempre adelante,con el infinito de frente y la eternidad en el horizonte.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 05:36:32 PM »
Yes I know that but from my experience it does not run flawlessly even on a high end PC with out switching or altering settings in the plugins or each game. Dont believe me try out one game that needs frame skip or one of the hacks enabled then switch to another game that does not need the exact same hacks enabled. It will slow it down or wont play nearly as good as with the correct plugin configs. I have been using PCSX2 since it was introduced I know alot about the emulator.
yes you are right but it will run near perfect. of course you cant use the same hacks for every game. the settings you choose will make or break your game. the ffx hack is one hack that will break alot of games unless used specifically with ffx. i have been playing kingdom hearts 2 final mix and kept wondering why it wa crashing but i forgot to turn off my ffx hack and run it and it was fine.

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 06:21:23 PM »
yes you are right but it will run near perfect. of course you cant use the same hacks for every game. the settings you choose will make or break your game. the ffx hack is one hack that will break alot of games unless used specifically with ffx. i have been playing kingdom hearts 2 final mix and kept wondering why it wa crashing but i forgot to turn off my ffx hack and run it and it was fine.

Exactly my point some settings will break a certain game. So its best for a quick more productive result to go into that thread I linked and do a search for just that thread alone. Trust me on this one. I have used most of the settings in alot of those games and alot of the times they dont carry over  to other games. I may not have as powerful a system as you do but every little bit of improvement on performance/graphics helps. Even if you are on a top of the line system. You may not notice it with a quad core and 4 gigs of ram with a super vid combo. But lesser powerful systems like mine you will notice a difference.

But with PCSX2 it relies mostly on CPU power. more then ram or GFX card. But dont just think if you have a uber cpu you can run a game NP. It really all depends on your system. Im just stating what will help alot of newbies out on that emulator. It could make the difference of the game actually being playable to being completely unstable.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 06:28:31 PM »
Exactly my point some settings will break a certain game. So its best for a quick more productive result to go into that thread I linked and do a search for just that thread alone. Trust me on this one. I have used most of the settings in alot of those games and alot of the times they dont carry over  to other games. I may not have as powerful a system as you do but every little bit of improvement on performance/graphics helps. Even if you are on a top of the line system. You may not notice it with a quad core and 4 gigs of ram with a super vid combo. But lesser powerful systems like mine you will notice a difference.

But with PCSX2 it relies mostly on CPU power. more then ram or GFX card. But dont just think if you have a uber cpu you can run a game NP. It really all depends on your system. Im just stating what will help alot of newbies out on that emulator. It could make the difference of the game actually being playable to being completely unstable.
well said but even on a quad core like i have the pcsx2 doesnt utilize 4 cores at this point and they (the official team that created this) said it will be a long time before that happens as it demands a huge rewrite in the coding of it to make it utilize all for cores. right now the high end dual cores are the cream of the crop. with 3ghz and over you will get the most out of it.

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 12:09:15 PM »
the peops soft plugin is for 2d and 3d games meaning 2d games combined with 3d parts.

EDIT: I will just upload my epsxe and my no$gba but i have to do so without the bios as thats illegal.

This will also help you out....    http://epsxe.com/help.php

If you could Gaijin, that would be helpful! I still have my PS2 and it works fine, so I'm not particularly interested in the PS2 emus...but this is all helpful for future reference. And I can get the bios my self, so that's fine Gaijin.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 12:36:07 PM »
or you could just PM the emu with the bios to everyone who is interested,as you (apparently) cannot post include the bios publically

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar