collapse

Author Topic: R...R....Rock.... Revo...lution..... -.-  (Read 1166 times)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
R...R....Rock.... Revo...lution..... -.-
« on: October 16, 2008, 06:56:52 PM »
I just saw the commercial for this...

.................. /:O ....................... :o ............................ /:O <------ My reaction...

Why.... in the hell.... is Konami... ripping off of Rock Band & Guitar Hero (mostly Rock Band, though...) ........................... stick to Castlevania, Konami....
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 07:20:34 PM by ATICE »

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
Re: R...R....Rock.... Revo...lution..... -.-
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 07:13:49 PM »
It was Konami who started these musical games, she's not ripping off anything.

And Tekken is from Namco, not Konami.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 07:18:41 PM »
Oh... woops...

I don't remember Konami starting the musical games... Harmonix did a much better job... and this game looks like crap already...

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 07:19:02 PM »
If you want to get technical, it was Harmonix and Red Octane that was ripping off Konami.
Guitar Hero was inspired by the Konami's arcade game GuitarFreaks which was made a decade ago, imo this is their way of doing a 10th anniversary of it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GuitarFreaks

I wish that game would get a console release.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 07:22:18 PM »
no but seriously... I'm hoping this isn't the actual version that we're going to see on the console... because I'm already used to Rock Band & Guitar Hero III..... the screen is going down... why... it's so much better to use the style that Guitar Hero & Rock Band developed....

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 07:26:09 PM »
Honestly to me it's the same. Guitar Hero's is also going down, but the system is on a slant to make the notes look like their falling from the arm of the guitar.

I really don't know much about this game, but I hope it has good songs. One of my favorite things to do was create my own "guitar hero" type game using Frets on Fire. I'll post up a video to show you.

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 07:38:57 PM »
Honestly to me it's the same. Guitar Hero's is also going down, but the system is on a slant to make the notes look like their falling from the arm of the guitar.

I really don't know much about this game, but I hope it has good songs. One of my favorite things to do was create my own "guitar hero" type game using Frets on Fire. I'll post up a video to show you.
Gh is gettin raped by RB

i find no point in even play GH now that rock band is out

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:June 05, 2024, 06:56:40 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 07:56:26 PM »
If you want to get technical, it was Harmonix and Red Octane that was ripping off Konami.
Guitar Hero was inspired by the Konami's arcade game GuitarFreaks which was made a decade ago, imo this is their way of doing a 10th anniversary of it.

Glad you got there before I did. I friend actually had a GuitarFreaks Acrade cabinet in his HOUSE!!

We were gonna start up an arcade back in 2002. We had that, a Beatmania IIDX cabinet, and a DDR Solo 2000.

He would up selling them all because we couldn't find a good location to start up.

Konami had a good thing there, but they decided to sit on there @$$ with it untill it was to late here in the states. Same thing with Beatmania. That should have come as soon as DDR was really hot.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 08:12:34 PM »

Glad you got there before I did. I friend actually had a GuitarFreaks Acrade cabinet in his HOUSE!!

We were gonna start up an arcade back in 2002. We had that, a Beatmania IIDX cabinet, and a DDR Solo 2000.

He would up selling them all because we couldn't find a good location to start up.

Konami had a good thing there, but they decided to sit on there @$$ with it untill it was to late here in the states. Same thing with Beatmania. That should have come as soon as DDR was really hot.

Haha yeah. For me, I've always liked Drummania better than the drums in Rock Band and GH. I mean, people say drumming in those games are hard. I say "Well, try mastering six pads and a pedal in Drummania!"  :D
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:June 05, 2024, 06:56:40 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 08:20:59 PM »
For me, I've always liked Drummania better than the drums in Rock Band and GH. I mean, people say drumming in those games are hard. I say "Well, try mastering six pads and a pedal in Drummania!"  :D

Good thing you have said skills to pay the bills, cause Rock Revolution does have six pads + pedal.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 08:23:45 PM »
 <_<|...|

Definitely not playing it now... ;*))

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 09:16:46 PM »

Gh is gettin raped by RB

Bah, I can't even afford RB with all the equipment that's required.

I actually played GuitarFreaks at a Gameworks (now owned by Sega) a few years before Guitar Hero came out.

This is what I'm talking about, Frets on Fire

I'm using a GH2 screenpack because it doesn't lag as much as the default.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 11:09:33 PM »
Gh is gettin raped by RB

lolz you're funny.

Rock Band is like childs play compared to Guitar Hero. Expert on guitar in Rock Band is Easy on Guitar Hero. Don't get me wrong, I like Rock Band, it's just I don't like it as much as Guitar Hero. I can't wait for World Tour.

Anyways, yeah this Rock Revolution looks horrible.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 11:55:16 PM »
 :lies:

That's what makes Rock Band more fun... the fact that it's not as hard as Guitar Hero... I mean.. have you played the songs on GHII & GHIII??? Six is insane! Even on easy...

To put it in MUGEN terms... Guitar Hero is like a broken project... Rock Band is the fixed & improved version of that project.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 03:32:18 PM »
:lies:

That's what makes Rock Band more fun... the fact that it's not as hard as Guitar Hero... I mean.. have you played the songs on GHII & GHIII??? Six is insane! Even on easy...

To put it in MUGEN terms... Guitar Hero is like a broken project... Rock Band is the fixed & improved version of that project.

Making things too easy is boring though. I prefer a challenge. Have you seen BYOB on expert in GHWT? It makes BYOB on RB look like an infant.

BYOB on expert in GH4.

BYOB on expert in RB

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline aristotle

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 24, 2013, 05:36:53 PM
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 03:58:03 PM »
and i thought it was pretty easy on expert mode :-?? i guess i'm just used to playin GH already.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 04:00:27 PM »
omg... Seriously dude... I want Six on Rock Band (if they already haven't converted it) .... They made Rock Band for a reason... to make it easier on people when playing the songs... honeslty... who in their right mind would be stupid enough to play that kind of tough song on Guitar Hero... when they could play it on Rock Band... Rock Band makes it EASIER ON EVERYONE! That's why Rock Band is better... Guitar Hero is a game for people stupid enough to buy the games... the song lists are dry... and the gameplay is wack... (try playing Six in GHII .... you'll see what I mean...) I think that in the end, the Rock Band series will DEMOLISH Guitar Hero once and for all!

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 04:04:09 PM »
omg... Seriously dude... I want Six on Rock Band (if they already haven't converted it) .... They made Rock Band for a reason... to make it easier on people when playing the songs... honeslty... who in their right mind would be stupid enough to play that kind of tough song on Guitar Hero... when they could play it on Rock Band... Rock Band makes it EASIER ON EVERYONE! That's why Rock Band is better... Guitar Hero is a game for people stupid enough to buy the games... the song lists are dry... and the gameplay is wack... (try playing Six in GHII .... you'll see what I mean...) I think that in the end, the Rock Band series will DEMOLISH Guitar Hero once and for all!

but do you honestly belive that, if someones plays GH over RB that there instantly stupid?
different strokes for different folks.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 06:06:22 PM »

My answer...
but do you honestly belive that, if someones plays GH over RB that there instantly stupid?

And to add, GH doesn't have a dry setlist. It has Jimi Hendrix, it's automatic win... and it has Beat It by Jackson! If you find GH so hard why not play a lower difficulty? I've noticed all RB fans despise GH, and the GH fans prefer GH but also like RB.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 06:09:49 PM »
the GH fans prefer GH but also like RB.

exactly, I have GH3, but that doesn't mean I don't like Rock Band.

Just because someone likes (insert somthing) doesn't mean there automaticly stupid because they don't like what you like,
surprisingly they might like (insert somthing else) that you do. but because you want to be harsh, It has to be an argument.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 10:16:40 PM »

My answer...

And to add, GH doesn't have a dry setlist. It has Jimi Hendrix, it's automatic win... and it has Beat It by Jackson! If you find GH so hard why not play a lower difficulty? I've noticed all RB fans despise GH, and the GH fans prefer GH but also like RB.
I think it's all about taste. Personally I love a lot of the songs on the GH games. While I might like a lot of the songs in GH, (insert person here) might hate every song I like. I think GH and RB both have their strong points in their playlists as well as weak points, but again, that depends on what kinds of rock you like.

I liked GH3 because it had Disturbed, Lacuna Coil, Slipknot, Senses Fail, Fall of Troy, Killswitch Engage, Tenacious D, Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam and The Killers.
I'm hoping Rock Revo also has a good playlist too. 

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 12:37:01 AM »
eh, I buy rock band AND guitar hero games, because in the end it's more songs to play.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 07:00:57 PM »
ok... I want to get back on topic before this gets WWWAAAYYYY >:-(-| .....

What do y'all think of this "Rock Revolution" game... I think it's going to be the only rock game by Konami or w/e because it already looks kinda stupid... and the songs I saw on youtube don't look that great....

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 07:34:04 PM »
Like I said, songs are all in taste, while you don't like some of the songs, I actually do. I know they have All American Rejects, System of A Down, Korn, Papa Roach, Lacuna Coil, Three Days Grace, The Killers, Killswitch Engage, and Dream Theater.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Revolution

Some of these songs I've been dying to play on GH.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 02:40:15 AM »
especially dream theater.

f**k killswitch engage tho.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD