collapse

Author Topic: Megaman 7 (& 8) like you've never seen them before.  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:June 09, 2024, 10:46:13 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Megaman 7 (& 8) like you've never seen them before.
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:47:10 PM »
To properly preapare for the awesomeness that is Megaman 9, it's important to get the skills back for the old school NES Days.

But G Lux, Megaman 7 came out on the SuperNES, so why would you mention this now?

Because of what lies below.

Rangers, observe the viewing globe.

Totally awesome right? Yes, Megaman 7 has become 8-bit. Click the link below so that you can get your hands on the awesomeness.

http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2008/06/remake_game_pick_rockman_7fc_m.html

EDIT: Also, much thanks to StarStorm, check this out too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOKbeqg3xUM&feature=related

OMG, can you stand it?! They are actually making Megaman 8 as well.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 02:22:32 PM by G Lux »

(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
Re: Megaman 7 like you've never seen it before.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 08:56:36 PM »
Ahhh, oh 2ch. You guys never cease to amaze me.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 08:57:14 PM »
 :w00t:

Awsometown!!!

Now we just need an 8bit version of 8

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 09:25:58 PM »
What was wrong with 7 on the SNES?  8 is fine as well, I don't see how making it 8-bit makes it more awsome lol.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »
What was wrong with 7 on the SNES?  8 is fine as well, I don't see how making it 8-bit makes it more awsome lol.

So, you're a graphics kinda guy, then? The gameplay for the 8-bit version of MM7 is more fluid than the SNES one. Meaning, the bosses don't go into some stupid animation when they get hit with their weakness.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 10:43:35 PM »
Cripes, they even kept Megaman's weaker charge shot for this.

A while back it was brought to my attention that the charge shot in MM7 was weaker in comparison to that of the NES games. There, the damage was roughly equal to 3 shots, where in MM7 it was 2.

Also, I too don't see how making it 8-bit is "better", aside from giving Megaman more room in the stage.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 11:14:27 PM »
MM8 was the best to me

i wish MM9 was like MM8

MM7 was way to slow so i think this is an improvement

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 12:03:42 AM »
that was simply awesome indeed... =D> =D>
everything was exactly recreated like in freezeman´s stage(level,enemies,even the boss patern was recreated)
i somehow liked the weak animation for the bosses...although beating Astroman in megaman 8 with the homing sniper was way too easy due to that...

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 01:03:05 PM »
what the!? i didnt know this? :'(, btw ;D theres a remake too of metroid 2 return of samus... i dont know what happened to that project... any one knows that?? =P~ :O*D

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 01:40:52 PM »
what the!? i didnt know this? :'(, btw ;D theres a remake too of metroid 2 return of samus... i dont know what happened to that project... any one knows that?? =P~ :O*D

You speak of Metroid: SR388.

Yes, it is still in production. In fact, he just released a new youtube vid yesterday.

His account is MetroidSR388vr.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 20, 2011, 03:02:41 PM

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 03:22:43 PM »
freezemans level is pissing me off

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 09:41:28 PM »

Awsometown!!!

http://www31.atwiki.jp/rockman8/

It's being worked on.

HAAHAHHAAHAHAHAAaahHAAHhaHAHAhahAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!! :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie even the movie of MM8 is 8-bit LOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! COOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::salute:: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 09:49:55 PM »
I've just died and gone to heaven...

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 11:18:54 PM »
I've just died and gone to heaven...

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!
i kinda agree with you...the anime opening from MM8 in 8-bits is made of pure win...just for the heck of it,i`m playing MM7 in 8-bits...i only have left TurboMan before Wily`s castle after too many tries(stupid spikes...i hate them)

Offline megaman781

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 07, 2018, 11:58:50 PM
  • Capcom baby!!!
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2008, 05:30:25 AM »
oh ok, at first i didnt noticed that it was MM7, but yeah for me MM8 was a masterpiece and MM9 should be like that.
Damn!!

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 01:39:13 PM »
there is nothing wrong with the snes version of mm7. its better than that version of it anyday. i have been a fan of the series and the old ones of course and i am a diehard mm fan but how can anyone say the 8 bit version is better when that is in no way true at all. i think you guys are taking the 8-bit stuff way too far. more graphics based on the the same style of play for megaman does equal better u know. kinda like how gta graphics sucked but the game play was great then now the graphics caught up with the gameplay now its the best gta ever in both ways. and what is wrong with the hit animations for getting hit by the weapon they are weak against? hers nothing wrong with that. its a cool effect that was added in the game and whats not to like? what is wrong change? i think the spoilness goes both ways i tell you.other ppl are spoiled because they want better graphics but you other ppl are spoiled because you complain about little things like the hit animation and i dont like the graphics because the arent like the old versions and they have a charge buster or its too anime for me. i mean what is the big deal with that. capcom knows what they are doing and how to make their games and it turned out great. you cant please everyone when u create something but they sure as heck pleased the majority with everything they have done with the series with the new changes and even before when the gameplay was the way it was when they didnt change things. you really shouldnt complain about things that arent really a big deal at all. i agree if what you were talking about was that big of a deal but it isnt. but i do like the way they did the mm7 in 8-bit but that doesnt make it better than he snes version. that is just my opinion. that is all

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »

Awsometown!!!

http://www31.atwiki.jp/rockman8/

It's being worked on.

HAAHAHHAAHAHAHAAaahHAAHhaHAHAhahAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!! :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie even the movie of MM8 is 8-bit LOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! COOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::salute:: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 02:13:52 PM »
there is nothing wrong with the snes version of mm7. its better than that version of it anyday. i have been a fan of the series and the old ones of course and i am a diehard mm fan but how can anyone say the 8 bit version is better when that is in no way true at all. i think you guys are taking the 8-bit stuff way too far. more graphics based on the the same style of play for megaman does equal better u know. kinda like how gta graphics sucked but the game play was great then now the graphics caught up with the gameplay now its the best gta ever in both ways. and what is wrong with the hit animations for getting hit by the weapon they are weak against? hers nothing wrong with that. its a cool effect that was added in the game and whats not to like? what is wrong change? i think the spoilness goes both ways i tell you.other ppl are spoiled because they want better graphics but you other ppl are spoiled because you complain about little things like the hit animation and i dont like the graphics because the arent like the old versions and they have a charge buster or its too anime for me. i mean what is the big deal with that. capcom knows what they are doing and how to make their games and it turned out great. you cant please everyone when u create something but they sure as heck pleased the majority with everything they have done with the series with the new changes and even before when the gameplay was the way it was when they didnt change things. you really shouldnt complain about things that arent really a big deal at all. i agree if what you were talking about was that big of a deal but it isnt. but i do like the way they did the mm7 in 8-bit but that doesnt make it better than he snes version. that is just my opinion. that is all
you have a point there,but i admit that the hit animations made the robot masters way to easy to defeat once you find out their weakness as they will flinch and cannot move after you hit them,allowing you to take a break from the battle while they recover,something that doesn´t happen in the 8-bit version
Another good point is that the game has a faster gameplay than the Snes version...i´ve always considered it to be a bit slow moving

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »

...do you feel better now? I honestly hope so.

I only feel that it's better because it plays better than SNES. Megaman 7 has always been the oddball for me for the series, largely due to the fact that X1-3 came out before 7 did. Sure it's aesthetically pleasing, but it feels sluggish and disproportioned, which is a downer for me. And I agree with KPT about the hit animation. The first flich would be fine just to let you know you used the right weapon but the rest make the battles way too easy. This nes version recaptures that excellence of gameplay that 7 seemed to lack. I'm not saying it perfect, it's far from it. No intro stage, no auto shop, no mid-game stage, etc. But you know what, it's built like I'd imagine it would be on the nes, and I respect and appreciate that. It's not trying to replace the Snes version, but rather compliment it.

Megaman 8, asides from the synth style of music choice, I have no problem with. I just think it ultra-wicked cool that I'll get to play an 8-bit version of it, thus completing the 8-bit circle of life.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
Re: Megaman 7 (& 8) like you've never seen them before.
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 04:03:56 PM »
actually upon further examination i remember in the x1 spark mandrill was easy because of his freeze animation when you use the ice weapon you get from the penguin guy. he would charge with that punch and id freeze him then when knocks off thee ice id freeze him until he died without even moving an inch....well i jumped once. but i do think it should have been like you said one hit animation to let you know you hit with the right weapon. but come on G Lux i didnt mean that in a mean kind of way i was just simply stating my opinion so why the do you feel better now crack?

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 09:21:19 PM »
actually upon further examination i remember in the x1 spark mandrill was easy because of his freeze animation when you use the ice weapon you get from the penguin guy. he would charge with that punch and id freeze him then when knocks off thee ice id freeze him until he died without even moving an inch....well i jumped once. but i do think it should have been like you said one hit animation to let you know you hit with the right weapon. but come on G Lux i didnt mean that in a mean kind of way i was just simply stating my opinion so why the do you feel better now crack?

I wasn't trying to crack on you, I was being totally honest. It seemed like you felt strongly about your opinion is all.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 11:56:45 PM »
easy donaldb22 ... /:O
Anyway,what a pain in the rear the final boss is...i still can`t beat Wily and his crackhead machine of doom(second phase...1st one is easy)

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 09:38:38 AM »
i havent downloaded this game yet., is there a rush jet there?

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2008, 09:54:58 AM »
oh ok g lux its cool. im not trying to start anything i was just asking in a nice way. im not one to like arguing u know lol :P. they should have rush jet in there but they might not. i mean how can you have rush jet but no charge blaster?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[Today at 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar